Roland

What are you playing right now?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. What are you playing right now?

• Alpha 17 Vanilla
    • Alpha 17 Modded
    • Alpha 16 Vanilla
    • Alpha 16 Modded

alpha 17 vanilla to decide later on what I want to mod for my favorite playstyle.

But the game needs more balancing. Especially the progress is very steep at the moment on default settings. You get feral and radiated zombies before you can handle them properly. I got killed 5 times in the same house by radioactive spider. In the end i had to fire about 100 rounds from a SMG to kill this thing finally because I had no Rad Remover at this time.

I'm playing A17 with a couple of UI mods. Since they don't affect the gameplay, I don't really count them so I selected "A17 Vanilla" from the list.

Admittedly, I'm not playing much A17 - but that's more to do with the fact that I play exclusively co-op rather than single player and with it being Xmas and the New Year my co-op partners haven't been very available.

So I'm mostly playing Slay the Spire and LEGO City Undercover instead.

I'm playing a17 vanilla as a LVL1 character (not using any skill points)

The reason is to see how well balanced and fun the game is at its purest stage.

I believe that if we TRULY have a choice of what perks to buy the base could be balanced and fun.

That's why I started this challange @ROLAND I'm looking at you! :)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?102815-Challenge-for-the-DEVs-and-everyone-else

Next time I play I will launch with some balancing mods for week 2.

So far just a slightly modded A17. The only thing i've actually changed at this time is the spawning.xml file. I just increased the biome spawns and reduced their respawn delay to 1 day except in the wasteland where they are instant like the classic versions. Still counts as 'modded' - I suppose.

Hi i don t know where i write that but i play to the alpha 17 the spawn of zombies is bad he spawn often on the player and the horde go to the player immediatly is become and slaugther and no a survival game you die you kill zombies again and again, i play to 7dtd since the alpha 6 i like see a best survival. I m sorry for this language but i m french

a16, partly vanilla, partly modded. Since a17 is no fun for me i am waiting for the big mods (undead legacy, starvation, etc...) to update for a17 until really starting to play a17 (Some might have even brought back the learning by doing by that time (ignore the pink color): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/522366015246696448/528635438315995136/unknown.png)

None of the above even though I would REALLY REALLY like to have played an updated version of A16.4.

I wonder why there is no option "None of the above", just kidding, I know empathy is not for everyone.

I'm not even having my hopes up any more either. So, no more 7DTD unfortunately. The only game left that I actually liked to play after 40 years of playing everything under the sun. All good things must come to an end I guess and this is now no longer the game I bought. I know I said I wouldn't post here any more but this is for science. lol

I'm playing A17 with a couple of UI mods. Since they don't affect the gameplay, I don't really count them so I selected "A17 Vanilla" from the list.

Admittedly, I'm not playing much A17 - but that's more to do with the fact that I play exclusively co-op rather than single player and with it being Xmas and the New Year my co-op partners haven't been very available.

So I'm mostly playing Slay the Spire and LEGO City Undercover instead.

Why doesn't this count as modded?

...You're playing a mod...

I slightly modded RWG not sure how much good it really did me though. I also increased the amount of skill points you get by leveling to 3 since I play solo. I did not fool with the level gates because while I do not like them I feel that they make the game more interesting.

They clearly disliked the ui and status bar weirdness...

hmmm, then ....

I did not fool with the level gates because while I do not like them I feel that they make the game more interesting.

Until now i never really cared about the levelgates. Sure on a few occasions i was not high enough for something, but except the AK and Auger i was allways short before i could make them when i needed them (and had the materials)

A17 modded for sure. I did the same thing Roland did and it makes the game much better. With experience evenly distributed between killing, gathering and building, the game feels.....satisfying? I don't know how to describe it but when the experience gain is evenly distributed among actions, it makes following a skill tree more rewarding. For example, I put tons of pts into miner 69er, mother lode and strength - when I go out and gather, I am lvling up at a decent rate and do not feel forced to kill zombies just to level up. As much as I love zombie slaying, the gathering and building aspect of the game is just as fun. Oh and I have to say that modding in efficiency with quality makes the game exciting again. Nothing like finding a level 4 iron pick and knowing that you will gather much needed resources for your base quicker and that your getting more per resource node as well.

Why doesn't this count as modded?

...You're playing a mod...

Because it doesn't change any of the gameplay or mechanics.

I took the spirit of the poll question to be "are you content with the A17 game mechanics or do you dislike them enough to play A16 or mod some of the A17 mechanics out instead". In that spirit, a simple UI mod is clearly far closer to playing vanilla A17 than it is to any of the other options and it doesn't show dissatisfaction with the A17 game mechanics (because you can guarantee that some clown is going to grab the results of this poll and say "Look! x% of the people mod out A17 mechanics - it's clearly a failure" as they have with every other meaningless statistic that can be tortured into supporting their view).

That's not to say that I think A17 is 100% perfect, but there's nothing in it that I feel is bad enough to need modding out (or bad enough for me to refuse to play it and continue playing an older version).

Besides, even if there wasn't all the shouting about A17, I make a large distinction between UI mods and mods that change the game mechanics. The former are simply "quality of life" things, whereas in my opinion (and I am aware that this is a minority opinion) the latter are cheating.

The poll questions are simply asking what you’re playing. To be honest, my only purpose was to see how many have moved on to A17 or are still playing A16 since in several threads there is speculation that a large percentage of the player numbers could be people playing A16.

So I don’t care if it is modded A17 or vanilla A17. The devs made this game to be modded. They are perfectly fine with people changing vanilla if they are dissatisfied with it. And despite the odd “devs who let mods fix their game for them are horrible and lazy” comment I think most are grateful for the moddability of the game and rightfully see it as a positive thing.

And despite the odd “devs who let mods fix their game for them are horrible and lazy” comment I think most are grateful for the moddability of the game and rightfully see it as a positive thing.

I have read SOME saying that and I agree fully with you.

But there is Minecraft moddability and then there is Skyrim moddability.

One has a solid basegame, giving you all the basics for great mods.

The other is without the unofficial patch barely playable (and I absolutely adore Skyrim!) and doesn't even bother fixing KNOWN bugs because they know modders will fix them.

Or if you don't want to compare it to a pure sandbox:

Mount&Blade Warbands is a complete game and mods ADD to that. They don't fix the basegame.

A16 mods added war of the walkers and other mods that gave you stuff to do. They didn't change whole systems (some yes, but not mostly like what is currently happening in A17)

And saying "A17 is fine because you can mod it if you dislike" when players(on the forums at least... even though I think it goes for non forumplayers too, even if its not as obvious for them) dislike most (core)changes.

Again: *insert bad game here* is an awesome game, because you can download mods for it to fix it.

Is not a statement I would consider true.

"Unreal Engine 4 is a good game, because you can mod it to whatever game oyu want it to be"

Please say that you get me.

Yes moddability is nice and awesome and one of the reasons why skyrim is still one of the most played games on steam.

But relying on mods to fix their broken basegame IS a valid criticism.

Archived