Roland

What are you playing right now?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. What are you playing right now?

• Alpha 17 Vanilla
    • Alpha 17 Modded
    • Alpha 16 Vanilla
    • Alpha 16 Modded

Since I am home until end of january I have quite some time and the list of games I play is long.

- CS-Go

- Scum

- Destiny 2

- Northgard

- Stardew Valley

I wanted to continue to play on my 7dtd 16.4 singleplayer world in which I am on day 539 now, but then realized this would count in steam charts as I would actually play and like A17. And I don´t want to give that false impression to TFP.

I’m playing Alpha 17 modded because I was curious about equalizing the xp gain from all sources and I couldn’t wait any longer for Gazz. I reduced all normal zombies to 10 xp and strong zombies to 30xp. All Ferals to 100 xp and all regens to 200 xp. Then I lowered the xp required to level up to 1200.

So far it has felt great and any feeling of needing to kill zombies to level up has evaporated. It would take a lot more fine tuning to get it perfect but as a simple test it has shown me that all I really need to be perfectly happy with this build is to make all pathways to leveling up equally viable.

But doesn't that make any other way then bashing a rock inferior method to level up?

And A17 vanila here.

It may be early yet, but it's interesting that almost 1/4 of people who regularly peruse the forums are still playing a variation of A16 -- I would have guessed in the 1/10 to 1/8 range. I'm most surprised by the Modded vs Un-modded selection choices for each alpha, because it is an inversion of what I would have expected (which would be more people playing vanilla A17 and modded A16 relative to modded A17 and vanilla A16).

Hey Vic. Thanks for giving your viewpoint. In my opinion after a game is finished (or abandoned) and the developers have said they’re done working on it— that is the only time it is valid to criticize them if there are still bugs that modders are fixing for them.

Even then care should be given to correctly identify something as an actual bug and not simply a difference of preferences. The word “fix” is often applied too broadly in my opinion.

But doesn't that make any other way then bashing a rock inferior method to level up?

And A17 vanila here.

I guess that depends on your motivation for playing the game. Those whose primary motivation is to level up as quickly as possible will switch to hitting boulders all day and then complain about how tedious the game is now that they’re “forced” to mine boulders.

As I said, I would need to play around with it more which I have no interest in doing since numbers will be changing anyway erasing what I do but I highly doubt they will be able to create a perfect situation where one activity doesn’t end up being perceived as dominant and so that is where all the min/max players gravitate to and then start criticizing the tediousness of being locked into that one thing.

For me, the change was great because it deemphasized zombie killing and made exclusively building and mining a viable way to level up and I did not search out the new xp gain source leader.

That's why there needs to be multiple avenues... If people choose to break rocks and then complain about it, fuggem. As long as you have other options, viable options, to level up then people should have no reason to complain. And if they do, they're obviously never going to be happy with anything and any and all comments from them should be dismissed. :-)

Hey Vic. Thanks for giving your viewpoint. In my opinion after a game is finished (or abandoned) and the developers have said they’re done working on it— that is the only time it is valid to criticize them if there are still bugs that modders are fixing for them.

Even then care should be given to correctly identify something as an actual bug and not simply a difference of preferences. The word “fix” is often applied too broadly in my opinion.

^^ This

Since I am home until end of january I have quite some time and the list of games I play is long.

- CS-Go

- Scum

- Destiny 2

- Northgard

- Stardew Valley

I wanted to continue to play on my 7dtd 16.4 singleplayer world in which I am on day 539 now, but then realized this would count in steam charts as I would actually play and like A17. And I don´t want to give that false impression to TFP.

Thats some hardcore sh right there.

A bit burned out, but devs are listening as far as I can tell, so waiting for the next version, did not vote.

Cannot be bothered to mod and then reload, so I am waiting. (odds on it will not be another 18 months :D - hoping for closer to 18 days)

Beauty of Xpath. New update? No problem, for the most part.

Battle Brothers for now. If I come back to it it'll either be modded A17 (if there's a good A16 recreation mod) or A16 vanilla (or modded idk). I'm doubtful this game will ever be close to what I enjoy ever again, based on what any and every FP has had to say.

A16.4

I have had to change server provider because my old one said they couldn’t reinstall 16.4

New one not a problem

All my players are back, luckily I backed up the map just before a17 hit,

They tried all a17 releases including the current A17 so called stable (still the same bugs and more) version, I just don’t understand how a “stable” release is allowed and called stable if it’s still so mucked up!!

Imagine if it was a car firm that released a car, saying it’s drivable and yet it wasn’t 100% working right, only the company employees and the cars badge fan boys would kiss ass about it

How many times would that company sell those cars before people just woke up and went elsewhere?

As the forum is showing, people are trying to mod back what’s been taken out, doesn’t that tell you something??!

Happy new year…..hopefully

I'm enjoying a17. Modded a few things..

1. Yucca stack size to 500 (no longer a reason to limit it to 50 after the nerf. My ocd kicks in when my farm box is full of 500 stacks but Yucca needs a box alone.

2. Added recipes for all the new window/door frames and crowns to the table saw and the house doors I've wanted to craft for years.

2. Reduced hunger rate. Much too op.

3. Added more cool poi to spawn in the wilderness category

4. Using a map generated on the build before stable because I'm not into patchwork. Still trying to figure out how to make my maps nice and flat as well as choose the biomes.

Other than that I'm enjoying a17, don't like the increased skill point costs but I'm just learning to mod the game so can't change that but I'm also confident the devs will adjust things.

Happy new year everyone!

A17 modded but I'm only using the base game options. 120min days, walk,jog,run,sprint for zombie settings. Respawn loot every 5 days, drop box everyday, radar for itturned on. We set the player share xp to 10k and the range of the LCB is quite high as well, like 50x50 or something.

17 vanilla...

apart from stamina and encumbrance being quite a PITA early, it becomes manageable.

then there's the whole "rub your face in it" death de-buff... don't think i'm ever gonna like that.

otherwise, it's fine.. even I didn't think i would adapt to the changes as quickly as i did.

Adapt or Die, my opinion, like it or don't.

Archived