Alpha 17 Stable B240 bug reporting thread

The Fun Pimp

Summary: Block's final payoff doesn't trigger when mining with exact damage to the block's final health.

Version: B240

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 10

Game mode: SP - RWG

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description:

When mining stone with a tool that does exactly the proper increments that would add up to the block's final health, the final "payoff" doesn't trigger.

Reproduce steps:

1) Acquire a pickaxe that does exactly 100 damage and mine a stone block to destruction. You don't get the payoff.

2) Use any other incremental damage that would cause a 500 health block (stone) to do more than 500 damage (even 501) and the payoff is given to the player.

Actual result: Exact block damage doesn't give the final resource payoffs.

Expected result: Receiving final resource payoffs at the block's destruction.

(Exactly 100 damage, then the final payoff)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26704[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26705[/ATTACH]

(Did a power attack to prevent exact damage equal to the block's health, then the final payoff)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26706[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26707[/ATTACH]

(Character attributes with tool used to spec a character if needed)

Strength: 5 (All Construction perks are 3/5)

(Tool Used)

20181227122249_1.thumb.jpg.7bf5c73e5d11eabc310bfd0529de4813.jpg

Summary: Upgrading a pre-fab house results in FPS dropping very low

Version: A17 B240

Platform: (PC or Mac): PC

OS/Version: Windows/Linux/mac: Windows 8 version 6.3

Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi (RWG or NAV) - Dedicated Server - Navezgane - 6144 map size

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No) Yes

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) Yes

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) Yes

Are you using any mods? (yes/No) No

EAC on or off ? EAC ON

Bug Description: Upgraded a pre-fab house at 1048N 1763W and the game FPS drops as low as 1.58 FPS. Upgrades consist of adding frames around the roof to shoot through, adding wood spike traps and upgrading walls to reinforced wood and reinforced flagstone. Once we (two players) move away from the house, the FPS increases. Downgraded from 1920 resolution to 1680x1024 and FPS is still below 2 FPS

Reproduce steps: Upgrade the pre-fab house at 1048N 1763W and add spikes

1)20181227114742_1.thumb.jpg.5ce09cfcdf46e8796cf872d8b4f2183e.jpg

2)20181227114829_1.jpg.6cefaa234acfeda0a874a4c8f97e70a2.jpg

3)20181227120143_1.thumb.jpg.673475be5e6d1b374b3c1b7775657280.jpg

Actual result: (description of what is occurring) Frames per second rise and fall from 20 FPS to 2 FPS. Blood Moon night on Week four dragged performance down during each zombie spawn. Resetting the server and the clients temporarily fixes the issue but the FPS performance soon drops down to unmanageable levels.

System 1

GeForce GTX570

AMD Phenom II x4 965 CPU 3.83 GHz

32GB RAM

System 2

ASUS ROG G750JX 32 GB RAM

Expected result: (what you expect to occur) A16.4 ran smoothly on both systems at 1920 resolution on week 49 with multiple upgraded pre-fab houses and modified landscapes (all standard 7DTD - no mods, EAC running).

Log File: https://pastebin.com/MdBbLzM9

Happy to provide more information and take additional steps. At the current rate, the game is unplayable while we are in the current pre-fab house.

Let me know how I can help.

Game does not save screen resolution - i have to change it everytime I load.

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

known issue and already reported

Summary: vehicles disappearing

Game mode, mp client on dedicated 7 days survivalserver.com server, RWG

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No) no

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) no

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) yes

Are you using any mods? (yes/No) no

EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description: I've had all vehicles disappear on me. It's always after I log back in to the game. It seems random. Sometimes I log in and my vehicle is still there. I've tried only ever owning 1 vehicle and I get the same results. This happens to me and my 2 other friends that play on the MP server.

Reproduce steps: its random if my vehicle will still be there or gone.

Not sure what this log means - I had the vehicle with this log. The next log does not show any vehicle in it.

2018-12-25T22:06:03 6037.681 INF Vehicle vehicle4x4Truck_23734 in ground. back (291.1, 45.8, -63.3)

Status OLD =) My post Bugs B240

99% loss chance if the game crashes, and the player sits on wheels. A big request to correct. Over the last survival disappeared first minibike, then a bicycle. I can't do this anymore = (

Summary: Shift key in console gives weird char

Version: b240

OS/Version: Linux

Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi (RWG or NAV) SP, RWG or NAV

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No) yes

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) yes

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) yes

Are you using any mods? (yes/No) yep

EAC on or off ? OFF

Bug Description: bring down the console. Just hit the SHIFT key. You should not see anything, but you do. Kind of looks like a ! but it isn't.

Copy/paste: sg OptionsFieldofViewNew 75 and you get that char at the start, if you type it, you get it before each cap.

The command will not work until you remove the special thingie. Have to click beside it and backspace, then it works.

Of course, we don't need to use the capitalization for the command to work. Just an annoyance as I don't recall this happening in A16, but cannot remember if I ever tried. Has been in the last few builds though.

No screen shot, should be easily reproducable though.

Reproduce steps: F1 hit the shift key. thassit.

Summary: endofstreamexception: failed to read past end of stream

Version: current? (client still shows A17 B240 on corner of screen)

OS/Version: Win 10

Game mode: dedicated NAV - multiple clients

Did you wipe old saves? No - started server up with new map name which should invalidate old save.

EAC on or off ? Off

Bug Description: When any client attempts to connect to my dedicated server (which from what I can tell, is running fine from both webconsole and telnet connection) we all get "ERR Task_CommReaderSteam (ch=0): EndOfStreamException: failed to read past end of stream"

Reproduce steps: launch game, attempt to connect to server

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs

This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.

once done click ok -- This command did nothing at all other than throw an error of "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". (as seen in screenshot)

there will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder.

1) http://dhyde.wtxrc.com/troubleshooting/20181227170422_1.jpg

Actual result: Can't log into game/server, opens the console, posts the above error to the console, and after a couple minutes returns to the main menu.

Expected result: log into game so that we can play, obviously, and it worked fine prior to this update.

Log: http://dhyde.wtxrc.com/troubleshooting/output_log__2018-12-27__17-01-23.txt

Summary: endofstreamexception: failed to read past end of stream

Version: current? (client still shows A17 B240 on corner of screen)

OS/Version: Win 10

Game mode: dedicated NAV - multiple clients

Did you wipe old saves? No - started server up with new map name which should invalidate old save.

EAC on or off ? Off

Bug Description: When any client attempts to connect to my dedicated server (which from what I can tell, is running fine from both webconsole and telnet connection) we all get "ERR Task_CommReaderSteam (ch=0): EndOfStreamException: failed to read past end of stream"

Reproduce steps: launch game, attempt to connect to server

once done click ok -- This command did nothing at all other than throw an error of "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". (as seen in screenshot)

1) http://dhyde.wtxrc.com/troubleshooting/20181227170422_1.jpg

Actual result: Can't log into game/server, opens the console, posts the above error to the console, and after a couple minutes returns to the main menu.

Expected result: log into game so that we can play, obviously, and it worked fine prior to this update.

Any chance to get the client log on that?

yep, sorry, I had it handy, tried to paste it in but it wouldn't let me (too long) and then I had to upload it to my server....it's linked on there now

- - - Updated - - -

server is still active and I'll give IP/Pass to a tester if they want/need to try to log in since it's not publicly listed

Summary: Using items while on bicycles consumes the item but produces no effect.

Version: A17 Release

OS/Version: Windows

Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi (RWG or NAV): MP Host RWG

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No) Yes

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) Yes

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) Yes

Are you using any mods? (yes/No) No

EAC on or off ? Off

Bug Description: Eating and drinking on bicycles produces no effect (buffs don't get added) but the item is removed. For drinks, the bottle is not added back. If you begin drinking while off the bicycle and then board it before the animation finishes, the buffs are added but the bottle is not returned. I haven't tested it but this bug may exist for other vehicles as well.

Reproduce steps: Open inventory while on bike, use item. Or use a drink or canned food then immediately board a bicycle.

Expected result: Exactly the same result as using the item when not on the bicycle.

Actual result: Item consumed, no buffs added and no items returned.

Summary: Game crash

Version: A17 stable B240

OS/Version: W10 x64

Game mode: Me as MP (non-dedicated) host + two clients

Did you wipe old saves? Y

Did you start a new game? Y

Did you validate your files? Y

Are you using any mods? N

EAC on or off? Off

Bug Description: Crash to desktop,

"UnityPlayer.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module UnityPlayer.dll at 0033:f74594ed."

Reproduce steps: Not sure. The crash seemed to happen when breaking a wooden plate in one of the camp POIs. Though after restarting the game, no issue with said plate.

Actual result: CTD

Expected result: Play without CTD? :)

Links to output and crash logs:

Crash log: https://pastebin.com/PAhsMVmA

Output log: https://pastebin.com/HYmwTFUc

PS.

During the first experimental versions I remember reading about "fainting" players when respawning after death. Screen goes black and the character drops on the floor and does a rather weird breakdance when said client tries to move. Was there any workaround or solution to this?

Where does it say that having Mods means we can not report bugs or makes them invalid?

It doesn't, but the use of mods means the report may well be "contaminated" by that mod. So, it's not that your report is not going to get looked at it, but it may well get a lower priority.

That said, this thread is supposed to be for bug reports only, so if you have further questions feel free to start a General Discussion thread or PM myself, another moderator, QA tester, etc.

Edit: Expanded GD.....

If you are using mods we are unable to reproduce the bug, please only report bugs in the vanilla game Twigg

Summary: Loss of toolbelt items after being forced to relog due to being unable to move.

Version: A17 B240 Stable

client on dedi RWG

Did you wipe old saves? yes

EAC on

Player was riding bicycle and got off at destination. Tried to pick up bike and did not go back to toolbelt slot. Player was unable to move from spot. Could access inventory screen but could not move from position.

Was able to move again after a relog to the dedicated server, however bicycle and entire toolbelt were deleted in the process.

Summary: bears spawning in large numbers inside houses only

client on dedi RWG

EAC on

I have to do more testing to see definitively what causes this bug in a17 b240 but the bug I am experiencing is 3-12 bears spawning inside roughly 7/10 of the houses I go into. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this potential bug, also my game stage is 101 and it's day 45, what makes me think it's a bug is no zombie bears have spawned and bears don't spawn anywhere else but kind of glitchy inside houses. Like I have previously stated I'll do more testing over the next couple weeks to see what I can do to change this (it wasn't always like this when my game stage was low there wasn't bears spawning only in houses and in large numbers, so I'll create a new world and get to this gamestage/day and see if I cant recreate this bug. If anyone else has experienced this I'd appreciate any info on how you fixed it if there is a way, (beyond just turning bear spawning off, and creating a new world)

Summary: Stutter/Screen Tearing/GFX abnormalities since B240

OS/Version: win 7

Game mode sp

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

EAC on or off ? n/a

Bug Description:

I get constant screen tearing and gfx abnormalities (colored shapes blinking in and out of existence for few msec) on my new game, just by looking around and moving, since b240 came out. using latest gfx drivers and a new nvidia 2070 card on a win 7 intel machine.

had no issues with the earlier experimental builds, had low fps with my old GTX 660 card, but it was very playable. now with my new card and b240 i get high fps (70-80) on max settings, but rendering is stuttering hard and it gives me a huge headache. :(

disabling game`s vsync seems to help a lot to reduce the screen tearing, so i tried using the nvidia control panel to force its own vsync, but it didn't had any effect. running without vsync result in GPU work being done for nothing and GPU heating up fast.

It is not a proper bug per-say but i cant play the game under these conditions and read several reports of similar issues on the steam forum so was thinking ill post here as well, hoping u can support me and others with a suggestion or a tip that can help.

Reproduce steps: (this prb isnt easily reproduced since it might be HW/OS/drivers dependent)

1) set vsync ON in options.

2) make a new game and look around / try to move.

Actual result:

- screen tearing is very obvious when using the game`s vsync option.

- even with no vsync, and even when fps >=60, stuttering constantly and GFX abnormalities are noticeable on occasions just by looking around.

- cant use nvidia`s vsync.

Expected result: rendering is smooth with game`s vsync (/ external vsync can actually work), especially when HW supports fps >=60 .

P.S

im NOT referring to the loading lag when walking to new chunks, im used to that already and that is not my concern here :) the above happen when standing still and just looking, or when walking in circles in same spot or around an object.

Summary: bears spawning in large numbers inside houses only

client on dedi RWG

EAC on

I have to do more testing to see definitively what causes this bug in a17 b240 but the bug I am experiencing is 3-12 bears spawning inside roughly 7/10 of the houses I go into. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this potential bug, also my game stage is 101 and it's day 45, what makes me think it's a bug is no zombie bears have spawned and bears don't spawn anywhere else but kind of glitchy inside houses. Like I have previously stated I'll do more testing over the next couple weeks to see what I can do to change this (it wasn't always like this when my game stage was low there wasn't bears spawning only in houses and in large numbers, so I'll create a new world and get to this gamestage/day and see if I cant recreate this bug. If anyone else has experienced this I'd appreciate any info on how you fixed it if there is a way, (beyond just turning bear spawning off, and creating a new world)

I got this if i use a World created with Old Version of Experimental, and play it with a new version of 7 Days (b240) so in every house was 10-50 zombie bears / bears (depending on count which zombie would normal spawn in, but much higher)

Make a fresh World / Save fixed this. I am now at Day 30 (2h Days) and Level 120 and i did not see any zombie bear or normal bear. Bears are extremly rare. in every experimental. only this "incompatible bug" with older version spawned some in houses. in grass / snowy area of map i never see a bear.

Summary: Game won't launch

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? No

EAC on or off ? Both

Bug Description: Whenever I launch the game using Steam, the EAC logo shows, fully loads, disappears, 7daystodide.exe process appears in the task manager but nothing else happens, the game itself doesn't launch.

Additional info: All A17 versions so far have had the same problem. Alpha 16.4 works flawlessly whenever I roll back to it.

Are you launching the dedicated server ? Twigg

Nope, launching just the game normally as always (right click, play game). But youre raising a good point, in the past when I was hosting, starting a dedicated server did look pretty similar. Maybe Steam is launching the server instead of the game? But why does it do that only with A17 and not A16.4?

EDIT: So I did the research and Steam really launched the dedicated server for some reason. Running the game with the .exe in the game directory launch the game normally.

Summary: Crash while loading into Prefab Editor

Version: A17 b240

Game mode: Prefab Editor?

Did you wipe old saves? N/A

Did you start a new game? N/A

EAC: Off ?

Bug Description:

While loading into the Prefab Editor, game crashed during load.

Reproduce steps:

In Main Menu, select Editing Tools, select Level/Prefab Editor.

once done click ok

1)

2)

3)

Actual result: Crash

Expected result: No Crash

output_log__2018-12-28__06-47-13.txt

Crash_2018-12-28_114924119.zip

Just to verify, latest experimental unstable in the list of beta's is what 17 B240 stable is that is being spoken about here right? Making sure that im not missing something in my list. Both for my server and for my player versions.

thanks

jae

Summary: Crash after

Version: A17 b240

Game mode: all

Did you wipe old saves? N/A

Did you start a new game? N/A

Are you using any mods? Yes

EAC: Off ?

Bug Description:

Games in general started crashing on me. I don't think it's related in any way to this game but my forumpost asking for help got moved here.

Game crashes after 5-10min. Using ryzen 5, 16Gb ram and Gtx 1060. Any help is welcome, i came here to see if anyone sees a hint in the 7 days to die output log file cause other game crashing games i use don't give an output log file (it seems).

Reproduce steps:

Launch anything (Prefab editor, Navezgane maps,...)

After a few minutes in, game just quits to desktop and crashes.

This did not happen a few weeks before. Could be a setting i accidentaly changed in Nvidia panel for example ?

Please just tell me if the output log says anything useful. If not, i wish you a good day sirs.

Output log file : In this OP: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?102484-Help-!-Output-log-file-included

please check your pm box

Summary: Zombies don't like bulletproof glass.

OS/Version: Windows 8.1

Game mode, SP, NAV.

Did you wipe old saves? (yes)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (/No)

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC on or off ? Off

Bug Description:

Zombies will only path across bulletproof glass if there is no other possible path.

Reproduce steps:

Dig a trench 1 block deep, x number of blocks long. IE 10.

Place bulletproof glass blocks in the trench.

Load a zombie.

Zombie will try to reach you, but avoid walking on the bulletproof glass blocks.

Try alternate which side of the glass blocks you stand on to herd the zombie.

Kinda funny.

Actual result: Zombies will try to avoid walking on glass blocks.

Expected result: Zombies to ignore if they are walking on glass blocks or not.

20181228143430_1.jpg.62d3ca93042d7047ed9cefe72e0afe5e.jpg

If the player stands in the target area, the zombies will follow the grey concrete

path.

(is not restricted to a particular glass block)

devs are aware of issue.

Summary: Trees on top of Trees

Game mode: MP RWG - Dedi Client

Did you wipe old saves? Yes - wiped for b240

Are you using any mods? CBSM & PCM

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description: Next to a trader, there is a massive cluster of pine trees. Not only are they grown against each other filling the whole space, but there are actually trees on top of other trees, like nesting dolls. This is causing massive lag in the area, as which normally happens with a thick cluster of trees. The first time I flew underground to get a picture, my game immediately sent me to the main menu screen. I was unable to connect to the server until I shut down my game completely.

1) before crash https://pastebin.com/pjwyP6k6

2) after crash https://pastebin.com/JTP0tRUU

Screenshot_9.png

unknown.png

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26699[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26700[/ATTACH]

You have a modded client, connecting to a modded server. Pretty sure that makes this report invalid. Read the OP again.

~Sylen

Neither 'mod' affect anything of the sort. they are purely for commands for our admins. and cbsm isn't really a 'mod' as it's not installed. Neither of those have the slightest bit to do with how things spawn into the world. I don't understand why you're being so rude about it. You all asked for reports, so I made a report. If we were getting unknown crashes, then I would understand, but this is GAME GENERATED CONTENT which CPM does NOT affect in the slightest.

Just re-read the OP, I don't see anything about not making a report if you are running a mod.

SylenThunder, Do you even understand what CBSM and CPM do? CBSM is a server manager that does not affect the game at all aside from managing the server and adding some commands for the players to use. It works with the RCON/Telnet side of things of the server and it is not installed. CPM you obviously do not understand the scope of what it does.

Latest and greatest PC and water in game still kills it. -sigh- Fluid solver PhysX please; using PPU or GPU (Don't limit it! This way our failures, I mean AMD friends, can enjoy too!). I guess gaussian time solver's and reduced coordinate articulations wont come for another 6 months, Unity only just adopted 3.4. :(

How hard would it be to adopt Unreal Engine 4? The assets are interchangeable, the only thing that is not is the code... But C# Is pretty interchangeable with unreal script!

Archived