Alpha 17 Stable B240 bug reporting thread

The Fun Pimp

Did you wipe old saves? yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? Yes - Realix UI mod to show temp/food/water on Hud, and a modlet I wrote to lower encumbrance pentalty from 0.026 to 0.007 per slot. Neither should effect mining at all. I tested without said mods, and got same results.

EAC off (Using reshade, and as far as I know EAC has not whitelisted the dll it needs yet)

Status: Old, been around since the first public a17 build, possible even in the streamer only event. Might be intended but if so it needs to be fixed as the top tier stell pickaxe shouldn't be giving less materials than a stone axe you can make the second you spawn in a new game.

Various Issues.

1: Steel pickaxe gives less resources then iron pickaxe, namely the iron fragments, due to taking less hits to destroy the block. Stone axe/iron Pickaxe: gives 24 iron fragments, steel pickaxe: gives 21 iron fragments with 1 mod in tool, 22 with 0 mods in tool. Expected would be for the steel one to have decently higher material yeilds over iron pickaxe or stone axe's not less yeild. These numbers are with a motherload skill of 0 and a miner 69'er skill of 2.

2: Tool material tier bonuses are missing in A17, before in A16 stone gave about 50-75% yeild, iron 100%, and steel tools/auger were 150% or more. This causes the issue above, where stone axe/iron pickaxe both give 24 with 0 motherload skill, and steel pickaxe's gives 21-22 depending on if it has a mod or not. I think in a16, Stone axe gave ~20 iron fragments, iron was ~30, and steel pickaxe/auger was ~44 or so, with the auger a bit higher than the steel pickaxe.

Both of the issues above are on the overworld bounders all around the map, but might extend to iron ore veins as well. Even with the motherload skill, the steel pickaxe would probally still give less materials than the other 2.

3: Dismemberment is missing, I miss being able to chop zombie arms and legs and heads off without needing a perk to do so, even so, in a17 it seems all you can do is remove their heads and even then it needs a perk to do so. Needs to be re-added as I feel it adds to the game.

4: Bike dissapeared in Single player. Not much else to say other than I had a spider zombie run into and then jump over my bike, I killed it, killed the nearby wandering horde, went and got a bit of clay, and when I came back my parked bike just was not there. Thought this issue was fixed in a17? I guess not.

Summary: Hammer & Forge still have level requirements

Version: A17 B240 Stable

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 10

Game mode: client on dedi RWG

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: You still need certain levels to buy Hammer & Forge skills. The rest seem to not be tied to levels, only Hammer & Forge

Reproduce steps: Open up the skill window and attempt to purchase after you've met the intellect requirement.

Summary: Large amount of bears spawning in POIS

Version: Stable 240

OS/Version: Windows

Game mode: mp

Gameplay Impact: HIGH

Did you wipe old saves? Y

Did you start a new game? Y

Did you validate your files? Y

Are you using any mods? N

EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description: Large amounts of bears are spawning in all looted POIS usually at least 2 per room and start to spawn in nearly immediately after exiting building

Diersville POIS full of bears and wolves before looting making it almost impossible to enter and loot seems like the bears and wolves have taken the spawn spots for zombies.

Also found Hospital in Diersville to be full of bears before anyone has entered and looted must be almost 50+ bears

Reproduce steps:

Navezgame and play.

Result: Near impossible looting in large POIS and towns

I can confirm this. I did however think it was a version compatibility issue. I don't know now though. I've also seen poi's respawn with full of crawlers and nothing else. It seems more like the respawn routine just randomly picks 1 thing and fills all the spawn points with what ever it picked.

Summary: Hammer & Forge still have level requirements

Version: A17 B240 Stable

Game mode: client on dedi RWG

EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: You still need certain levels to buy Hammer & Forge skills. The rest seem to not be tied to levels, only Hammer & Forge

Reproduce steps: Open up the skill window and attempt to purchase after you've met the intellect requirement.

This is intended, they uncapped the stats, but certan advanced crafting recipies have a lv requirement. Forge is lv 10, with the next lv of it being 20 to make iron tools, minibike is lv 25 for example etc.

Summary: Editing tools are not work

Version: b240 stable

Platform: pc

OS/Version: Windows 7

Game mode: edting tools

Did you wipe old saves? (No)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (No)

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC on or off ? off

It was happend when B240 was out

steps

1)editing tools>Level/Prefab Editor or world editor

2)console send a error message as

20181224043510_1.thumb.jpg.57009f36062c57b7d282ea37b2200875.jpg

3)cant do anyting except press ESC

20181224123853_1.thumb.jpg.4b97176d9e0da5110bbcf435af3b52b1.jpg

4)click EXIT,Continue to report errors

20181224123858_1.thumb.jpg.9e1c39ba0ff265f4af1050b477f01041.jpg

5)Game was crashed when choose QUIT

You need to add a log to this report. The screenshots don't give any real information.

- Sylen

Summary: Error when closing and opening client while running dedicated server

Version: A17 B240

Game mode, mp host /client on dedi (RWG or NAV)

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you validate your files? No

EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: While running a dedicated server and the client if the client is closed when it is reopened you get an error that the game is already running.

Reproduce steps:

1) Run startdedicated.bat

2) Wait a few minutes to make sure the server is up and running or connect to the console to make sure

3) Run 7DaysToDie.exe to open the client

4) Exit out of the game

5) Run 7DaysToDie.exe

Actual result: Error the program is already running.

Expected result: The client should start just like it did the first time.

I Typically run the game as a dedicated server with my wife and friends because if you change between "Join Game" or "Continue Game" it does not remember anything related to the map. It will load into the same character in the world but your map will be completely blank and there is no connection between the 2. So I join game so that 1 if i need to do something they don't have to stop playing and 2 there's no way to feed or water another character if they are afk.

You need to add a log to this report.

- Sylen

Client Log: https://pastebin.com/PtsqNezN

Server Log: https://pastebin.com/nqeFQu0G

Version: A17 Stable/B240

OS/Version: Windows 7 64bit

Game mode: Multi

Did you wipe old saves? YES

Did you start a new game? YES

Did you validate your files? YES

Are you using any mods? NO

EAC on/off? ON

We need a fix for the door rotation plz :p

1545639789-20181223145537-1.png

Summary: Random Gen Map needs major help, or I need sticky tires so I can climb hills!

Version:

Platform: (PC)

Game mode Random Gen

Did you wipe old saves? (ye)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

EAC on

20181223223747-1.jpg

20181223223926-1.jpg

20181223225807-1.jpg

20181223225951-1.jpg

Summary: Random Gen POI Spawn outta control

Version:

Platform: (PC)

Game mode: Random Gen

Did you wipe old saves? (yes)

Did you validate your files? (Yes)

EAC on

WorldGenSize: value="8192"

WorldGenSeed: value="NizanNecroWolf31"

GameName: value="WolfNecro31Nizan"

Summary: In this one town alone there are over 10 Radio Stations, and 10? Water Works POIs... I lost count.. Another City was riddled with them also.. it's crazy how many iron towers you can see.. Have not seen one Working Stiff or Crack a Book yet..

20181223025256-1.jpg

20181223025429-1.jpg

Dedicated servers dont seem to follow loot abundance, getting 2-3x the loot amount in configs

In singleplayer you seem to make EXCESSIVE noise compared to dedicated servers when hitting glass/iron. also "From The Shadows" didnt lower it. Meanwhile dedicated doesnt seem to increase noise at all

Intellect bug

Summary: Intellect level 6 is allowing me to craft blue quality items

Game mode: SP

EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: Just got my character to intellect level 6, and for some reason he skipped from crafting yellow items to green, but went straight to blue quality items instead.

Reproduce steps:

1) Get your character to intellect 6, perhaps it's to do with the perks I have but they're show in the screenshot

2) Craft any item that has quality, and it will be blue.

Actual result: Crafts a blue quality item.

Expected result: To craft green quality items.

intellect_bug.thumb.jpg.3ee781da4c455b9b0328fbc23acf8856.jpg

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

hi ice,

as per my video i am not having an issue with what each purchase of intellect is doing, i am making the appropriate tier level with the appropriate purchase.

is something different on your end? you may be right but what i am testing at this time is the attribute only to determine any fault. as hinted by another forum member--nerd glasses or in game mod attachments?

my 1st test on each attribute purchase on int - https://youtu.be/DIUKe_XvB2s

my 2nd test for tools at lvl 6 int - https://youtu.be/iDgFQspM7Bw

Sorry I thought this was a bug, but it appears, I forgot I had nerdy glasses on which would have this effect right?

Summary: Tilled ground texture looks very low quality

EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: Tilled ground texture looks very low res despite having my texture detail on full. Previous experimentals this looked fine, but for some reason, as shown in the screen shot it's not using a full resolution texture. Attached a screenshot of the result I'm getting, with some normal ground next to it to show the full res texture of the grass.

Reproduce steps:

1) Set texture resolution to full

2) Till the ground

3) Observe how it looks

Actual result: Low res texture on tilled ground

Expected result: To have a high res texture on tilled ground.

texture_bug_tilled_ground.thumb.jpg.30ef96dce144ec6c05be54be4a0125ac.jpg

hi icehot,

setting my textures to full (as is already), and i am at 1920x1080

using hoe to till up ground is not giving me the excessive blurr that you have in your screen shot.

suggest checking your settings against mine to see if anything can help.

https://youtu.be/5Bo37TBgfik

After leaving the chunk, and coming back the ground was the correct texture again, so it didn't seem to apply it the first time round, but coming back it loaded it correctly this time.

I decided to try all the new Vehicles & see the new Mods for Tools & Weapons in CM & noticed something.

The Gyro-Copter does not damage Zeds with the Main Rotor or Rudder Rotor & you would think they would get chopped to pieces.

I also noticed the Flying Animations off, it should be tilted forward when going fast & tilted back when stopping.

I will submit a report if you want but this is pretty easy to see.

One more thing the driving was a blast on the Bicycle & 4 X 4, forgot to try the Hog & will do that. I did notice that it was hard to get any air or hang time on the Cycle. You should be able to pull up on the handle bars for wheelies & getting air off of jumps.

It seems you go over a hill & just drop like a rock instead of getting some distance from your jump.

I just read the other post on riding the Cycle up hills & have an idea. Don't know if you can but a sitting & standing position for the Cycle. Just like real riding sitting for coasting down the road & standing on the Cycle for climbing hills/Going Fast. Maybe when you hit Shift the Character Animation goes to Standing on the Pedals.

Maybe A & D Keys could be Pop A Wheelie & get Air options.

TFP, I know us Mac OS gammers are a minority, and not important to the gaming community as a whole but I am wondering if you are working on the Mac crash issue? I know these things can be tricky (I work in software development) so I won't ask for an estimate on when you think this issue may be fixed but the crashing makes it so that the game is no fun to play in multiplayer. Every time the game crashes and we log back on we have to get re-invited into our party and then catch up with everyone. Please at the very least let us know where this defect ranks on the priority list (Aka Backlog if you scrum)

Hello Afnav.

I will be working with Alloc on this, to hopefully get this resolved for A17.1, as long as it is no Unity's fault and out of our hands.

Are you using Mojave aswell ? Since I updated to Mojave I can reproduce this error on my mac aswell.

Next thing on my todo list, is to test this with a Unity debugging build.

Happy holidays,

-Hated

fwiw... It's very stable on El Cap. No crashes at all.

On a New Fresh reinstalled Game

gpcstargate has 7 Days to Die 13 hours ago

Originally posted by =Sarsante=:

Originally posted by gpcstargate:

The XUIGeneraterWorld is Broken on a 16384 map size ..

I thought I would it a try and after 1/2 hour of loading and stuck on "generating country roads" for 16 minute .. I had to Controll out of it.

**Just a for the record .. I run the at 60+ fps all the time .. WHEN it is working and even during loading screen for this it was holding 69fps.

16x16 has been disabled because of performance issues, you can still generate them from somewhere between 35-60 minutes depending on your rig.

So it wasnt stuck you just didnt let it finish it**

I tried one more time .. IT TOOK 48min_29sec and then normal game load about another minute or so. ( MAJOR ISSUE .. ONLY 1 Trader and he was 14.7 km from my spawn location .. Map is a Bit better than 8192 map .. but not by much .. at least the trader is in the Forest .. But almost surrounded by wasteland on 3 sides .. IS IT Worth the Trouble .. NO .. not in my opinion ....

But looking at this 16384 map and a Normal 8192 map .. I'm thinking the RWG world engine is Trying to put all of the 16384 into the 8192 and that is why the smaller maps are messed up as bad as they are ... the Bigger maps are spread out more (Now the Roads are just as Bad on the most part .. "" ride a minibike to your death .. LOL "".

OK: Reload the same game .. after hitting continue game .. 66 sec .... if anyone cares, so playing the map if you wanted isn't that bad .. it's just getting it loaded the first time.

But the maps are a mess with multi-able POI's of the same types in the same town (all lined up pretty as a picture or in groups) and roads that go no where, but straight down or up.

Just a few thoughts … Still needs a lot of work.

Wishing You a Merry Christmas and a Better New Year. …. the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Summary: Intellect level 6 is allowing me to craft blue quality items

EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: Just got my character to intellect level 6, and for some reason he skipped from crafting yellow items to green, but went straight to blue quality items instead.

Reproduce steps:

1) Get your character to intellect 6, perhaps it's to do with the perks I have but they're show in the screenshot

2) Craft any item that has quality, and it will be blue.

Actual result: Crafts a blue quality item.

Expected result: To craft green quality items.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26607[/ATTACH]

hi ice,

as per my video i am not having an issue with what each purchase of intellect is doing, i am making the appropriate tier level with the appropriate purchase.

is something different on your end? you may be right but what i am testing at this time is the attribute only to determine any fault.

my video - https://youtu.be/DIUKe_XvB2s

You are probably wearing a Nerd Glases. They give you +1 crafting level

nice catch Kamikaze

No dtm.tga heightmaps exist or are generated [Mac OS X]

Summary: No dtm.tga heightmaps exist or are generated [Mac OS X]

Version: Alpha 17 Stable B240

Platform: Mac

OS/Version: Mac OS X 10.11.6

Game mode: SP RWG and NAV

EAC on

Bug Description: No dtm.tga file is included with Navezgane, and none are generated when using the RWG.

Reproduce steps:

1) Look in Navezgane world folder. No dtm.tga.

2) Use RWG to create world. No dtm.tga file is generated.

Actual result: No dtm.tga file is generated.

Expected result(s):

1) dtm.tga file should exist in Navezgane folder.

2) dtm.tga file should be generated in new RWG world folders.

Other:

Custom worlds can now be added by creating a heightmap etc. Just look at Navezgane for a full example. You don’t have to create a dtm.raw, this is automatically created from dtm.tga when not present.

You need to add a log to this report.

- Sylen

Log: https://pastebin.com/fheeqZek

nothing game breaking

Summary: error in log file

Version: A17B240

Platform: (PC

Game mode, dedi (RWG

Did you wipe old saves? (yes

Did you start a new game? (Yes

Did you validate your files? (Yes

Are you using any mods? No)

EAC on or off ? on

getting spammed with

2018-12-23T19:24:12 100323.573 INF Missing paint ID XML entry: 76 for block 'scrapIronWedge'

hey ozz,

where were you at when this happened? maybe add the output log too.

hopefully you were in or near a prefab that had the error and we can catch it or it may end up being a shy one off.

nothing game breaking

Summary: error in log file

Version: A17B240

Platform: (PC

Game mode, dedi (RWG

Did you wipe old saves? (yes

Did you start a new game? (Yes

Did you validate your files? (Yes

Are you using any mods? No)

EAC on or off ? on

getting spammed with

2018-12-23T19:24:12 100323.573 INF Missing paint ID XML entry: 76 for block 'scrapIronWedge'

And no log?

Archived