Health bars locked behind INT perk?

Dimpy

I'm actually surprised at how many want the health bar. I know I sais immersion, partially as a joke, but I think all those health bars would be super distracting. Especially on horde night.

I don't want them either but to be completely honest only one health bar ever showed at a time. You only saw it when your crosshairs was on the enemy/animal/vehicle and only if it was in range.

I don't want them either but to be completely honest only one health bar ever showed at a time. You only saw it when your crosshairs was on the enemy/animal/vehicle and only if it was in range.

That wouldn't be bad tbh, I still prefer none, but that would be a good compromise.

I would prefer the zeds show damage. I know it's asking too much to represent each hit landed, but a more and more damaged looking model would be nice. If it looks like it's barely holding together, it's almost dead(again).

To the original point, I might buy it if there was nothing else available. But likely not even then. They're just ugly.

I just read this exchange in the thread "shotguns" and thought I'd put this kind of ridiculous idea in a new thread rather than clutter up that one.

What I was thinking is that there's a perk you can buy to let you see zombie health bars, and maybe unlock some other "gross" UI elements. Of course, is there really anyone who'd buy that?

There are a 16 mods that have it. They made the glasses grant the wearer the ability to see zombie hp. Worked pretty slick. Seems a mod slot and item would be nice.

I just read this exchange in the thread "shotguns" and thought I'd put this kind of ridiculous idea in a new thread rather than clutter up that one.

What I was thinking is that there's a perk you can buy to let you see zombie health bars, and maybe unlock some other "gross" UI elements. Of course, is there really anyone who'd buy that?

I'd buy it

I like this idea!

Come to think of it, perhaps hit markers and that loud "thump" you hear when successfully pulling of a long-range shot should perk-locked too, under the same principle.

I like this too! Could go in the same perk. We could call it "Know Your Enemy" or "Combat Awareness".

At the highest level, you could even get compass blips for enemies (like you get now in some quests).

That would be perfect.

Oh, and while we're continuing this awful idea (of it being a perk) it should be perception based not int (just to piss off all the meleers) :p

Unfortunately once a zombie goes down, they tend to get right back up, especially now with them getting up much faster. Not like the early days of Resident Evil where a downed zombie might just be playing possum and waiting for you to get close enough to take a chunk out of your calf muscle. Now that would be an interesting addition to the game. The ultimate sleeper. Play dead till you're close enough to attack. Should make for some interesting pants wetting moments.

I suggested something similar a while back. Some sleepers should just be dead and laying there. Most buildings should have some.

Right now, if you see a zombie, you know to shoot it or run to it and whack it. But if a good number of those were just dead and laying there. That would mess with you so much because after a while people get complaisant and that's when stupid things happen.

Archived