Need more bones and fat pimps.

CoolJ

You guys said you would increase the drop rate of bones and fat because you removed zombie corpses. What happened to that? You have far too many recipes that require duct tape for the amount of bones you are dropping. Even with the one hitter gore bags, and I harvest everyone I see. I have over 750 meat and just 40 bones in my chest if that tells you how much I have been killing animals.

Also, I spent the required perk to be able to craft explosive bolts and flaming arrows. I actually want to be able to use them. Being able to craft them doesn't help me one bit without the required materials.

The zombies bodies are there for a long enough time that I should be able to harvest them if I want. It wont be a windfall every horde night because they disappear too quickly for that. But there is no reason I shouldn't be able to harvest singular ones I pick off while I am out and about.

Feels like 3/4 of the recipes in the game require glue or duct tape. I guess since this is just experimental, I will just CM the stuff in when I need it for now.

Who says that i meaned you ^^

wait i fix this

MM, simply add glue to the vending machines

better ? :)

Dont feel offended if people post workarrounds by mods. I think most time that are only workarrounds, not touching the question if a change of the game should be done

Btw: I get my glue by Zombiedogs i summon with many many forges (as part of screamer attacks)

Who says that i meaned you ^^

wait i fix this

MM, simply add glue to the vending machines

better ? :)

Dont feel offended if people post workarrounds by mods. I think most time that are only workarrounds, not touching the question if a change of the game should be done

Btw: I get my glue by Zombiedogs i summon with many many forges (as part of screamer attacks)

Or, he could do what makes sense, and allow us to harvest zombie bodies. I don't understand your aversion to this common sense measure. Who the hell puts bones in a vending machine? Why shouldn't I be able to get the perfectly good bones and fat in a zombie corpse? They already despawn so fast that you cannot harvest large groups of them.

I swear you people are contrarian just for the sake of it. If you insist that we go grade school, then OK...

My idea can beat up your idea.

Or, he could do what makes sense, and allow us to harvest zombie bodies. I don't understand your aversion to this common sense measure. Who the hell puts bones in a vending machine? Why shouldn't I be able to get the perfectly good bones and fat in a zombie corpse? They already despawn so fast that you cannot harvest large groups of them.

I swear you people are contrarian just for the sake of it. If you insist that we go grade school, then OK...

Getting 1 bone from 1 zombie body would be perfectly fair and balanced imho. I think they should do this.

Yes indeed. Unless glue is removed from duct tape (which is a huge part in a lot of things you do) there simply are not enough ways to get quantities of bones for glue.

If you want to make vehicles, bases (with traps, mechanical parts etc), you need a lot of them to not just build, but to repair and keep operational.

The added corpses on the roads were a good early game fix. But medium/late game you can't expect people to be killing hundreds of animals to get the hundreds of glue needed. Glue will be more scarce than other resources for some reason :p

Adding to vending machines one way, but that makes it a non-renewable resource and a "purchase only" kind. Maybe bump up the glue finds, so instead of a couple, give me 10 or 15.

Or simply remove duct tape from a lot of the recipes. Ie, why do i need duct tape to make military fibers? I'm pretty sure the military doesn't do that ;) You have them in exploding bolts. Clothing and armor. All guns. Bows. Even an endtablelamp requires 4! Want a first aid kit? There's another one. Lotsa mods require several. Vehicles require a lot of them. And of course mechanical parts and electrical parts.

If there's one resource which is heavily used in crafting, it's duct tape. Must be small rolls, if I tape a few pieces together for a flashlight mod, I'm using a whole roll :p

Maybe the crafting of glue into duct tape should give us 10 duct tape instead of 1, and that might resolve it without giving us more bones?

/V -

Maybe the crafting of glue into duct tape should give us 10 duct tape instead of 1, and that might resolve it without giving us more bones?

Or change the recipe for glue. For example 1 bone + 10 murky water = 10 glue in the chemistry station and 2 bones + 10 murky water = 10 glue in the campfire

Or change the recipe for glue. For example 1 bone + 10 murky water = 10 glue in the chemistry station and 2 bones + 10 murky water = 10 glue in the campfire

Yep. Either more glue, or just give us more duct tape as generally you use duct tape in strips, not a whole roll just to do something small. Glue isn't used except much for duct tape, so just skipping that step would work for me :) 1 glue = 1 roll of duct tape = 10 duct tape (pieces) for crafting :)

Repair kits! Duct tape is used for crafting one, along with cloth, forged iron and oil. Everything else is easy enough to get hold of but the duct tape is almost always the item I'm lacking. There are rotting carcasses dotted about, which give bones, and obviously you'll get bones from harvesting animals but it never quite seems enough.

Now the one thing I would say is that the piles of rubbish seem to be a lot better for both glue and duct tape than it was in A16. I'll find myself maybe travelling a couple of Km for a quest or a trader and stopping at every rubbish pile on the way. Certainly seems to balance out the lack of materials to make either.

Is anyone having a shortage finding this stuff from animals and other sources?

On a normal game I mean. Not one of those servers greatly exceeding the supported player count.

yes, i use not much special recipes that need glue (explosive bolts as example) and i have normally only arround 30% of what i need.

As stated above, i make a screamergeddon to kill enough dogs.

As Desert Dweller i had arround 10 large (healty) animals until level 126 or so.

Moving along the street is ok at startgame, but later a joke

Maybe your idea sucks. I dont know you get back what you give when you post.

Sure we need more bones but no no no to harvesting any zombies anymore. Increase the drop on animals and on the gore piles. I have seen a LOT of those gore piles in streets since restarting my game. If they doubled what you got from them it would make people happy.

I'm with the bat though, add em to vending. Those machines are useless. Give em a use.

Is anyone having a shortage finding this stuff from animals and other sources?

On a normal game I mean. Not one of those servers greatly exceeding the supported player count.

SylenThunder, do you guys even look at the server lists? The VAST majority of servers are OVER the 8 player count....

We've never had a shortage of bones or fat on our server. There are only two of us playing and we have so much of this stuff that we hardly ever use, we also have it set on 50% loot so the duct tape and glue we use are usually crafted by us. I can't remember if the hunter perk increases the amount of these materials you get from animals or not, I'm not in game currently so sadly I'm unable to look. Maybe we've just been lucky enough and have had more zombie dog/wolf hordes and have found more animals. The giant green pigs give quite a bit as well. I wish I could send a caravan over. I would trade you multiple stacks of these things for some springs. That is the resource we are always hurting on.

Maybe we've just been lucky enough and have had more zombie dog/wolf hordes and have found more animals. The giant green pigs give quite a bit as well.

The giant green pigs where a bug. I wouldn't count on them for bones anymore. And the animal spawn depends a lot on the seed of the random gen world. I've seen random maps with almost no wildlife and maps with a lot of wildlife.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. Either more glue, or just give us more duct tape as generally you use duct tape in strips, not a whole roll just to do something small. Glue isn't used except much for duct tape, so just skipping that step would work for me :) 1 glue = 1 roll of duct tape = 10 duct tape (pieces) for crafting :)

I used glue in A16 a lot to craft paper for shotgun shells.

There needs to be an increase in the drop of bones or a change in the recipe for glue. One of my first concerns when B197 dropped was that TFP did not balance glue when they removed zombie gore blocks. The roadside carcasses are just not enough. I get that Joel’s playstyle may not be impacted by a lack of bones but many players are reliant on glue for explosive bolts and shotgun shells. This become more important the higher your level.

The giant green pigs where a bug. I wouldn't count on them for bones anymore.

The giant green pig is a bug in A17? Then why did they name it Grace, and even created official POIs dedicated to it? There's a POI that has a cage with a sign that reads "Grace's Lair" or something like that, with the giant green pig in a cave below the POI? There's also another POI that has two of them.

The giant green pig is a bug in A17? Then why did they name it Grace, and even created official POIs dedicated to it? There's a POI that has a cage with a sign that reads "Grace's Lair" or something like that, with the giant green pig in a cave below the POI? There's also another POI that has two of them.

There prevalence in earlier builds was a bug. The block id was switched for vultures and grace in between builds and so players were getting grace spawns instead of vulture spawns.

Agreed on a need for more bones or a change in the recipe. In my b199 game, the bugged Grace spawns provided an abundance of leather, bones, meat, and fat to the point that we were never short on any of those products. In my b208 game, it has been much tighter. We've been able to make armor and vehicles but there is nothing to spare for specialized ammo.

As no one cares about bones for their own sake, I think that increasing the amount of glue per bone solves this nicely without adding the tedium of harvesting the dozens of zombies. I think 10 per bone is probably too many, but getting 3 to 5 would be a good place to start.

Meh. I'm past level 100 and still have unused tape and glue, and haven't yet had any need to make any. Looting has given me all I've needed so far... but then again... I don't use guns, so barely any need for repair kits.

Archived