Running is hurting my finger

Muramas

I find that not having a run toggle is causing a huge issue with my Pinky finger and it makes my hand hurt after playing for more than an hour. This is worse if I am trying to do things like bike in game or explore.

I would highly suggest that you revisit running and encumbrance because as much as it might be interesting from a gameplay overview it will force me (and possibly) other plays to be literally unable to play because it hurts too much to.

I find that not having a run toggle is causing a huge issue with my Pinky finger and it makes my hand hurt after playing for more than an hour. This is worse if I am trying to do things like bike in game or explore.

I would highly suggest that you revisit running and encumbrance because as much as it might be interesting from a gameplay overview it will force me (and possibly) other plays to be literally unable to play because it hurts too much to.

I don't mind running holding ♥♥♥♥ it's just annoying after long time, what actually hurts me is my back when I play for too long and let's face it, one does not simply play 7 days to die Alpha 17 for a short time because it takes so much longer to get anywhere now, so yeah. Running in game got so hard that it hurts in real life lol

EDIT: I meant to say "holding shift", sorry for typo. Shift happens... :p

Want a little script, pressing down W?

You mean like something that lets you press W just once for autorun and then press it again to stop running? That would be nice to have, but then again I'm not sure how would it work in those scenarios in which you lose stamina and slow down, in which case you would need to press W couple of times to stop running, regain stamina and start running again once your stamina is back up and also in fast action situations in which you don't want to move just forward but you need to move strategically in many different directions depending on the situation to avoid threats.

I too wish that there was an autorun toggle. In the meanwhile I use autohotkey for a run macro based on a script Gazz made a long time ago.

I also would like to have a button that let's you run in one direction until you hit something or it gets input from the player, like in Skyrim.

I don't have a bike/bicycle yet and I'm running far distances with nothing in my way, so it would be a really nice feature.

You mean like something that lets you press W just once for autorun and then press it again to stop running?

Not exactly. I dont press W to start, i press another key. Lets say F1 for example. F1 to start walking. And then W to deactivate.

Thats my normal "Hey, the game won't let me do what i need for my health"-Script. In MY eyes not cheating or something. Its like blocking the key.

I wish we had a chance to get bicycle early in game. Also using bicycle should gradually improve your stamina in a way that every action which uses stamina would cost you less stamina, so in the end you would be able to do more, it's like training your body, getting in shape.

The problem with the bike is that you need to hold shift even more while biking. I needed to hold down the shift key with my thumb and hold down w with my pointer finger and hold down left click to turn

The problem with the bike is that you need to hold shift even more while biking. I needed to hold down the shift key with my thumb and hold down w with my pointer finger and hold down left click to turn

The auto run macro helps with that to. BTW, you don’t need to hold down left click. Left click is a toggle for switching between mouse and keyboard turning.

sitting for hours playing this game makes my butt hurt, the fun pimps should fix tat, this game should come with better chairs

Lmao, 7 Days to Die custom seat cushions! But yeah, didn't Madmole say the shift was going to be a toggle? I can easily, and do, set a macro for shift for the game, but it really would be nice.

This is something I brought up a couple of alphas ago in the forum when I first started playing. My pinkie was also really achy all the time. A pity they still haven't added it. Back then I compared it to Romero's Aftermath which had a run toggle. I can even suggest the dev's look at Ark Evolved. The right shift is a run or fly fast toggle, which is obviously negated when you run out of stamina. Unlike most things in Ark, it actually works.

I am suffering from repetitive motion injuries or hand strain or whatever it is, many of them starting after several hundred hours of playing 7D2D back in the day. I've resorted to turning on click lock for the mouse because mashing the mouse buttons for hours while mining and aiming the bow at thousands of zombies were causing so much pain. Mashing "W" to walk everywhere and "SHIFT" to run and ride the bike for hours isn't helping either.

I actually had surgery for this awhile back but it hasn't helped much. I'm anticipating the day when the pain will become too great and I'll have to give up gaming, but until then I'm pushing through the discomfort to enjoy my favorite games.

I wish we had a chance to get bicycle early in game. Also using bicycle should gradually improve your stamina in a way that every action which uses stamina would cost you less stamina, so in the end you would be able to do more, it's like training your body, getting in shape.

That would be the A16 bicycle if A16 had had a bicycle. Get with it, learning by doing is so pre-A17 man!

I've always remapped run to my left alt. In every game with running. It's easy access and your thumb is already there resting on space bar anyway. So if you have a left alt try that. It will feel weird at first since you're not used to running with alt. Just an idea.

Okay ...

created a short script.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0dpck95reie6ltw/7dtd_walkmakro.rar?dl=0

Its an .exe ... yep, i know. Trust me, i'm an engineer ... want the Sourcecode and do it yourself? Just ask ;)

For all others:

1. Unzip

2. Put .ini and .exe in the SAME directory.

3. open the .ini ... put in the keys you want to use for activating. REMEMBER: You use this i EVERY App, not just in 7dtd ... so choose wisely.

4. Save the .ini

5. open the .exe

6. open the game (or return to it)

Press the walk key to walk. To stop walking press W ..... yep, i could add that you have to press the same button again and i will do it ... but atm im too tired (36 hours ...)

Questions? Problems? Just write here ;)

Okay ...

created a short script.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0dpck95reie6ltw/7dtd_walkmakro.rar?dl=0

Its an .exe ... yep, i know. Trust me, i'm an engineer ... want the Sourcecode and do it yourself? Just ask ;)

For all others:

1. Unzip

2. Put .ini and .exe in the SAME directory.

3. open the .ini ... put in the keys you want to use for activating. REMEMBER: You use this i EVERY App, not just in 7dtd ... so choose wisely.

4. Save the .ini

5. open the .exe

6. open the game (or return to it)

Press the walk key to walk. To stop walking press W ..... yep, i could add that you have to press the same button again and i will do it ... but atm im too tired (36 hours ...)

Questions? Problems? Just write here ;)

Wow, thank you!! This is great!

What's the fastest/easiest way to disable it when done?

EDIT: One suggestion: add the above instructions to the RAR file.

EDIT 2: Pressing "W" stops walking. Does that mean we can't assign "W" as the walk key to make it a true toggle?

This isn't a joke or anything: I have bound the sprint key to "Q" years ago. It limits your mobility in melee (fast strafing left doesn't really work anymore), but I got used to it. And no pinky pain anymore.

Archived