Telltale Update

The Fun Pimp

What a crock! You guys never did much with console but attempt to fix the buggy game. Every update was only for PC. You never added much content at all. No wonder they wanted nothing to do with you. 7 days to die was a good idea but without a good company.. of course it was going downhill real quick. Hopefully you guys sent out a patch that removes telltale publishing from the titles. Otherwise they might get more angry.

What a crock! You guys never did much with console but attempt to fix the buggy game. Every update was only for PC. You never added much content at all. No wonder they wanted nothing to do with you. 7 days to die was a good idea but without a good company.. of course it was going downhill real quick. Hopefully you guys sent out a patch that removes telltale publishing from the titles. Otherwise they might get more angry.

What? You don't even know what is going on much less to try and say anything about it. If you did then you know everything you said isn't even accurate and makes no sense.

Trollface lmao

Pretty sure there isn't any new info regarding TTG, or any updates. Might be a good time to close this thread. Otherwise us normal people hoping for any new news get stuck reading info that doesn't have anything to do with TTG update which is what this thread is suppose to be about.

Pretty sure we all feel the same way about what is going on with the console.

yup.. close the console forum altogether to be honest

The saddest part of this is you are right. The game has likely reached saturation point by now, thus there is little financial incentive to continue support, especially once you consider the mess the game is on console. And seeing as IG is the team that did the port I the first place, it isn't likely that any fixes to the major problems will be included in any new update they were working on. I hear a lot of "Hate" on here for TTG, when in reality, they just marketed it. Iron Galaxy ported it to console and TFP wrote the original PC, which still isn't done. The problems with this game are program related, not marketing related. (Other than the fact that it was sold as a "Completed Game" when it obviously was not.)

Now TFP are marketing t-shirts! Really, are they that cash strapped that they need to sell gimmicks to infuse their program with money?

The problem is they early accessed a game without a clear final product in mind. This has lead to "Fans" insisting on changes that ultimately will drag the creation process out until the game is a shadow of what it could have been. What started as a scavenge and survive game has turned into a zombie hunt level up reward game. If TFP plans on doing to console what they did to PC, I for one say "No Thanks" your random gen doesn't work, your buffing system is a mess, your levelling system is a joke, and theirs no longer a need to for survival skills. Now it's a "shoot me up some zombies" game.

Not only does the game lack a "End Game", TFP lacks one. Please, decide just what you want this game to be, make it become that, and get on with it. You have the talent to write some really great games, use it.

Not only does the game lack a "End Game", TFP lacks one. Please, decide just what you want this game to be, make it become that, and get on with it. You have the talent to write some really great games, use it.

TFP is still developing the Alpha version of the PC game. It's not even in the Beta development stage yet.

End game is coming. Along with lots more enemies, allies, and a whole story line. The quest system added in the current Alpha version is the foundation for what is to come. The current progression and buff system is a first-iteration in the Alpha. Which happens to be a complete redesign because the old systems were not working to achieve what TFP wanted for the game.

And all of it is still being developed. It's not done. There is a clear final product, and if you actually read through the original kickstarter, and what they are currently talking about, you can see that the vision hasn't changed one bit outside of adding multiplayer to the game.

Unlike the console version, which was sold as a finished product by TellTale.

TFP is still developing the Alpha version of the PC game. It's not even in the Beta development stage yet.

End game is coming. Along with lots more enemies, allies, and a whole story line. The quest system added in the current Alpha version is the foundation for what is to come. The current progression and buff system is a first-iteration in the Alpha. Which happens to be a complete redesign because the old systems were not working to achieve what TFP wanted for the game.

And all of it is still being developed. It's not done. There is a clear final product, and if you actually read through the original kickstarter, and what they are currently talking about, you can see that the vision hasn't changed one bit outside of adding multiplayer to the game.

I challenge you to read the kickstarter game description and maintain the claims you just made while keeping a straight face. This is a great game but TFP has bowed to the bitching on the forum rather than create the game they envisioned at the start. As they slowly eliminate all styles of play they don't agree with, they are eating away at what made this game special.

Hello everyone. I haven't been on here and quite a bit. I was hoping the whole dark all the time thing was fixed. My GF and I started up a game a couple days ago after myself having took a long leave of absence. I found out it was still dark all the time. I read this post and it bummed me completely out. It sounds pretty grim that console will ever get more updates at least IMO. Has anybody saw anything since this that gave any hope?

Maybe it's time to make the PC plunge but then there is no splitscreen...

Potato Quest hoorah.

Hello everyone. I haven't been on here and quite a bit. I was hoping the whole dark all the time thing was fixed. My GF and I started up a game a couple days ago after myself having took a long leave of absence. I found out it was still dark all the time. I read this post and it bummed me completely out. It sounds pretty grim that console will ever get more updates at least IMO. Has anybody saw anything since this that gave any hope?

Maybe it's time to make the PC plunge but then there is no splitscreen...

Potato Quest hoorah.

The dark all the time can be improved by adjusting your gamma setting, but the likelihood of future updates is slowly fading.

... Has anybody saw anything since this that gave any hope?...

Hello.

Just a quick summary as you have missed the Telltales horror movie xD

TellTales is currently liquidating it's assets and liabilities, including IPs, and Sherwood Partners is in charge of this task.

Sherwood Partners has apparently set a deadline on April 9, 2019 to register claims, so don't expect anything new until this date unless a miracle.

Source : https://gamedaily.biz/article/385/telltale-games-is-closing-liquidation-underway-and-games-being-removed-from-steam

Hopefully it works because from what I read on some other posts they said A16 sort of things that could be put on console was almost done. It would be amazing if we got updates again.

I will try the gamma thing, I forgot about that. Its in the options of the game ain't it or gamma on my tv?

Hopefully it works because from what I read on some other posts they said A16 sort of things that could be put on console was almost done. It would be amazing if we got updates again.

I will try the gamma thing, I forgot about that. Its in the options of the game ain't it or gamma on my tv?

It is part of the game options. But you have to make the change BEFORE you load up your game. Once you are in the world the gamma options do not appear.

All this sorta makes me depressed bout this game now. I guess I will jus check back every few months or summin.

I saw where Clare is no longer with us as forum person. She was always nice and friendly.

Is any of the old regulars around anymore? It's probably been a year or two since I been on here. At least it feels like it's been that long to me.

Hello.

Just a quick summary as you have missed the Telltales horror movie xD

TellTales is currently liquidating it's assets and liabilities, including IPs, and Sherwood Partners is in charge of this task.

Sherwood Partners has apparently set a deadline on April 9, 2019 to register claims, so don't expect anything new until this date unless a miracle.

Source : https://gamedaily.biz/article/385/telltale-games-is-closing-liquidation-underway-and-games-being-removed-from-steam

I really think it's very good news for those of us who are waiting for the console version. if I do not understand bad Telltale (or what is left) will be forced to fix all your legal problems, which, I imagine, will include the publication rights in console. Waiting for an official word in this forum.

From the original Kickstater page.

"“We’re still astounded and humbled by the amazingly positive reaction 7 Days to Die has received from Steam Early Access users on PC,” said Rick Huenink, Co-Founder of The Fun Pimps. “Working with Telltale Publishing to bring the game to even more players on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 has been fantastic. We’ve added some special features just for this console release, and beyond launch, we have some exciting DLC already in the works that we hope console players are going to love.”

in reading the release I didn't remember them saying the console version was a finished product. Otherwise why the beyond launch and DLC in the works comment. I get that the console will never be the PC version, but seems to me like they were not really finished with it.

Funny note is how unhappy all the PC people were about console getting released. If you want to feel special again go read the comments from people around the time it came out for console.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/7daystodie/7-days-to-die-zombie-survival-game/posts/1615869

Good read.

I really think it's very good news for those of us who are waiting for the console version. if I do not understand bad Telltale (or what is left) will be forced to fix all your legal problems, which, I imagine, will include the publication rights in console. Waiting for an official word in this forum.

Should be good news, but likely the fact there is no money left on the console side, I am willing to give 2-1 odds that no one will pickup the pieces. I am hopeful like you but the sad reality is I just don't see it happening. Was really looking forward to the "really cool stuff" they said they were working on for the last update. Once again, I wouldn't suggest holding your breath.

Should be good news, but likely the fact there is no money left on the console side.

100% agree.

TellTales is going liquidated, they will ask for money in exchange of the console 7DTD IP licence.

They won't care about Iron Galaxy getting not paid or a free mandatory update being required in order to fix remaining bugs.

If you were a company CEO, would you be interested in buying an old IP requiring additional money in debugging and only a few new sales possible as there are many competitors now in the market, including huge ones ?

Archived