Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Fun Pimp

Telltale Update

Since a console being connected to the internet has been a standard, there really is hardly any such thing as a "finished game" in the way you're trying to make it. I linked an article on this a while ago. Will have to find it again.

True. Any game now days can at any time put out an update over the internet and change the game completely. Look at cod 4 remastered. I thought it was a good remaster of thee original game until a few months later, they decided to make it pay to win by adding in a bunch of new guns that were never in the game. They were now the fastest guns in the game which you could only purchase through micro transactions. Ruined it for me. I no longer play any cod games, they ruined my favorite.

You are lucky I’m not a forum mod because I would ban you for saying they ever marketed a final product, you can’t even share a like that proves it. So you welcome to my ignore list.

Anyone that blames pimps for what telltale did is exactly uneducated and simple. But please prove me wrong. I have yet to see a single link that shows exactly where pimps marketed anything other than a prerelease game. For the love of Xbox show me that link ;)

Anyone that blames pimps for what telltale did is exactly uneducated and simple. But please prove me wrong. I have yet to see a single link that shows exactly where pimps marketed anything other than a prerelease game. For the love of Xbox show me that link ;)

I do in fact partly blame the pimps as the console port was called complete. Claire in this same forums told us multiple times that what was released in console was considered completed material. Of course I feel like this was just an excuse for not releasing versions that matched those released on PC, It would of been fine had they explained to us that IG was not porting everything in order. I honestly read that statement for the first time as I was on my screen staring at a dog moving in 360 circles like if it was trying to chase its own tail.

Now I'm honestly not holding hope for this game port. I do feel like this console port is dead with the recent outcome of Telltale. If I can suggest something: at least give those of us that can provide proof of purchase a discount code for the PC version. Also as a sidenote, not all of us console users have steam accounts. So forcing us to register with our steam accounts seems a bit unfair.

BTW I noticed a lot more negative comments that are now gone through this page. Are they removing anything that expresses negative concerns about the game? Most of them were not using foul language or anything like that from what I remember.

Roland said:

07-04-2016

Quote Originally Posted by HarriTay View Post

"will the console version be getting A15 when it releases?

Quote Originally Posted by Mdcrawford40 View Post

Hello I've been playing 7days on the ps4 and been having fun with it. I've watched other people play this game on pc for years and always wanted to play it. All these new updates and additions to the game on pc, will the consoles also get those?? Thanks for any info you can provide"

"Hopefully the console version will get A15 features eventually. Telltale has not revealed what future updates will be coming to the console version. It definitely won't come out at the same time or even shortly afterward. If the console version continues to follow the PC development it will lag behind."

From a previous post. Why not say the console is finished except for some bug updates. If TTG didn't mention anything back in 2016 about it being finished then I not sure why this post was made about following the PC development.

Finished not finished doesn't mean much to me. What means something is being told an update is in the process then told it isn't going to happen, but might happen. I get the legal part, but right now I don't even know what the truth is anymore.

I get it that some might flame who ever but I am a big boy and just want to know what is or what isn't going to happen. That's all I am asking.

It's finished but they WERE going to continue to support it. Meaning we were going to continue to get features ported from the pc version. But now that's all up in thee air now. Nobody knows what's happening except the pimps, ttg, and the courts as of now.

geez almost 4 months and the developers havent even talked about console version. this game really must be dead on console🙁

I do in fact partly blame the pimps as the console port was called complete. Claire in this same forums told us multiple times that what was released in console was considered completed material.

You do realize that Claire was a Telltale employee (so anything she said came from Telltale, not pimps) and their use of this forum was probably just a rental?

It's finished but they WERE going to continue to support it. Meaning we were going to continue to get features ported from the pc version. But now that's all up in thee air now. Nobody knows what's happening except the pimps, ttg, and the courts as of now.

IMO drop the "except ..." and you are absolutely correct. The pimps might know how much they want to bid in the auction and they probably have plans what they will do in case they get the rights, but neither pimps nor ttg nor the courts know at this time who will eventually get the rights. And that above all decides the fate of the console port.

And I don't think it is much use asking TFP at this time what their plans are. They will not say anything that could be construed as a promise to the console faction until they can be sure they really have the rights. And if they have a shred of intelligence they will not say anything that could give other parties who might bid on the rights any hints about the exact value the console rights have for them.

I do in fact partly blame the pimps as the console port was called complete. Claire in this same forums told us multiple times that what was released in console was considered completed material. Of course I feel like this was just an excuse for not releasing versions that matched those released on PC' date=' It would of been fine had they explained to us that IG was not porting everything in order. I honestly read that statement for the first time as I was on my screen staring at a dog moving in 360 circles like if it was trying to chase its own tail. [/quote']

Again, Telltale made the choice to sell it as a finished product, not TFP. They also did make it very clear that the console may not get all the features of the PC version, AND that they would continue to work on porting over the features they could. Right up until the debacle with Telltale, this continued to happen.

Now I'm honestly not holding hope for this game port. I do feel like this console port is dead with the recent outcome of Telltale. If I can suggest something: at least give those of us that can provide proof of purchase a discount code for the PC version. Also as a sidenote' date=' [b']not all of us console users have steam accounts. [/b]So forcing us to register with our steam accounts seems a bit unfair.

The requirement for having a Steam ID to register on the forum has been gone since we started supporting the console discussion here. (Which is basically because Telltale refused to host the discussion on their own forum. Which now, actually turns out to be a good thing.)

BTW I noticed a lot more negative comments that are now gone through this page. Are they removing anything that expresses negative concerns about the game? Most of them were not using foul language or anything like that from what I remember.
Not sure how you would notice that since it hasn't been happening.

Even if someone else manages to get their hands on it at the auction, I am certain TFP will be involved in the future development.

Telltale are some shady people, an exact example of what a company shouldn't be. The craziest thing to grasp is how a dying company that has no chance of making a comeback after it's legal issues with employees. Not to mention their reputation with the gaming community now. Is holding on to the belief that 7d2d could save them, when they abandoned console players long ago. Stating it was a finished final product. Mhm... Maybe its just me, but take stranded deep for example. I don't remember a game that was actually sold on console to be pulled day of release. I'm sure there has been with business practices these days but that's crazy to me. I REALLY hope the fun pimps can take control of this and show us console players some love. We sure need it, and personally have no ill will towards you guys n gals. Please just do what ya can, and if anything ....bring out a game just like it and change the name lol. Seriously though, if you have some info you could share from time to time to ease our minds that there's a future for us on console please keep us updated.

"The Fun Pimps immediately terminated its license agreement with Telltale, which only allowed publishing rights on the console ports of the 7 Days to Die game. The termination also severed Telltaleآ’s rights to any future updates or sequels of the 7 Days to Die franchise."

In re-reading the original statement from TFP. If the termination also severed TTG rights to any future updates or sequels then what exactly would TFP have to buy at the bankruptcy auction??? What value would be in a game that most people agree still has some issues and would require another update that in theory would not be possible with TFP issuing a new agreement.

Most of the legal stuff should be public knowledge. I agree with a previous post that console is likely dead, and no one want to just say it. I would love to be wrong or even have some acknowledgment that it is dead. Rip that band-aid off and then some of us an move on. Just ignore the flamers.

Many are speculating as to the future of 7 Days to Die on consoles and The Fun Pimps wanted to give the community an update. The news of Telltale’s demise and insolvency was both a saddening and shocking event. With no warning, we learned the news the same day as the gaming public.

Upon hearing the news, The Fun Pimps immediately terminated its license agreement with Telltale, which only allowed publishing rights on the console ports of the 7 Days to Die game. The termination also severed Telltale’s rights to any future updates or sequels of the 7 Days to Die franchise.

In the weeks following, we've been working in good faith with the remaining management at Telltale to regain control over the console versions and allow us to provide support and updates on those platforms. So far, these efforts have failed.

Like you, we are incredibly frustrated by what has happened. We are pursuing all options to regain our rights, including legal remedies. Despite the damage that Telltale’s actions have inflicted upon our company and upon our console community, we wanted to let you know that The Fun Pimps are supremely committed to our fans and will continue to support 7 Days to Die game on the PC, as well as continuing efforts to aid console players in the future.

The Fun Pimps will keep you updated as more information becomes available.

Can we get an update for once on this? Have you made any progress in getting the rights back from Telltale? Anything?

Can we get an update for once on this? Have you made any progress in getting the rights back from Telltale? Anything?

I wouldnt count on any update to be honest. The only time anything of value was posted here was when Claire was still an employee and even then it happened rarely. TFP have not given any consideration to consol players since day 1 so i doubt they will now

"The Fun Pimps immediately terminated its license agreement with Telltale, which only allowed publishing rights on the console ports of the 7 Days to Die game. The termination also severed Telltaleآ’s rights to any future updates or sequels of the 7 Days to Die franchise."

In re-reading the original statement from TFP. If the termination also severed TTG rights to any future updates or sequels then what exactly would TFP have to buy at the bankruptcy auction??? What value would be in a game that most people agree still has some issues and would require another update that in theory would not be possible with TFP issuing a new agreement.

Most of the legal stuff should be public knowledge. I agree with a previous post that console is likely dead, and no one want to just say it. I would love to be wrong or even have some acknowledgment that it is dead. Rip that band-aid off and then some of us an move on. Just ignore the flamers.

I would guess they need the rights to the sources of the console port. Otherwise they would have to start at zero with porting it. And THAT would be absolutely killing it as they would have to pour a sizable fraction of the porting costs into it again but without any hope of getting a similar fraction of the sales.

The info is out that there will be a bankruptcy auction for whatever rights Telltale still has in a few months. As usual in legal proceedings there is a date set and before that date everyone just sits around and waits. Courts are busy and each simple step takes weeks and months.

To my (limited) knowledge there is also no way for an out-of-court agreement once the bankruptcy court has taken over and set a date for an auction. So not even a miracle will produce new facts. There is a date. Period.

The info is out that there will be a bankruptcy auction for whatever rights Telltale still has in a few months. As usual in legal proceedings there is a date set and before that date everyone just sits around and waits. Courts are busy and each simple step takes weeks and months.

To my (limited) knowledge there is also no way for an out-of-court agreement once the bankruptcy court has taken over and set a date for an auction. So not even a miracle will produce new facts. There is a date. Period.

This was posted a while ago. Just putting it here again....

Hello.

Just a quick summary as you have missed the Telltales horror movie xD

TellTales is currently liquidating it's assets and liabilities, including IPs, and Sherwood Partners is in charge of this task.

Sherwood Partners has apparently set a deadline on April 9, 2019 to register claims, so don't expect anything new until this date unless a miracle.

Source : https://gamedaily.biz/article/385/telltale-games-is-closing-liquidation-underway-and-games-being-removed-from-steam

Even with that information you can probably bet that it's not likely going to be until at least May or June before there's any new news about it.

I wouldnt count on any update to be honest. The only time anything of value was posted here was when Claire was still an employee and even then it happened rarely. TFP have not given any consideration to consol players since day 1 so i doubt they will now

this. they've never really cared about us console players. it was A LONG TIME without an update BEFORE all this telltale stuff. that bug with massive chunks of the world resetting has been known and reported for literal years and they never bothered to even fix that.

they didn't care about us before. they care even less now.

they put 100% of their effort in to the PC version. the console version was just a quick cash grab.

i still play the game. microsoft said it was my most played game last year in their year in review thingy.

but the console version is dead. it was dead BEFORE telltale died. if they didn't care enough to fix a world ruining bug that a huge portion of players ran in to and reported for years...they aren't going to care enough to actually give us content updates.

Why should it be closed? That would basically shut down further discussion on this.

Do you really want the console version to be done?

So if this thread gets closed the console version is done?

The only discussion happening is rumor talk. Until April when the TTG bankruptcy is over nothing is going to happen. Or at least everything I have read in this thread says that.

So I would agree to close the thread. If TFP are going to do something with the console then they will start a new thread.

At this point I don't see it going anywhere further, but hoping TFP would say otherwise.

I would be willing to bet it is dead, but I keep holding out slim hope we get that last update.

Yelp, same thing is constantly being said over and over and over again. Oh it is TFP fault on console because they care more about PC. This game is a finished game. You are wrong no you are wrong. The console is dead and been dead. I mean must I go on? Same stuff every post. It is obvious nobody reads through anything besides what they want to see and read. Ignore everything else and let's troll some to get people worked up. So really agree we already know the news of it. If not go read through 12 pages of the same talk. So not sure why it is still open and if closing a thread until more official information is released mean the console is dead then the game is definitely dead anyway.

Why should it be closed? That would basically shut down further discussion on this.

Do you really want the console version to be done?

the console version is and has been dead for a very long time, do you really think TFP will do or will be able to do anything for consoles ? why do you think it got out sourced originally?

lets face it keeping this thread open is pointless. i wonder if theres a way to get the forum anylitics from google or maybe even the website provider. it would be interesting reading