Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Fun Pimp

Telltale Update

I keep reading how "The Console Version is done" because Telltale went under but still control the rights to the game. As far as I can tell, my current version of the game seems to be pretty good. So, I have to deal with the crashes and the potential terrain rewrites, but from what I have seen over the past two years, Tell Tale's updates wouldn't have fixed them anyway. Those problems seem ingrained into the core of the game, and unless there's a major rewrite (hint hint) I believe those problem will remain. Any update Tell Tale had in the works was little more than window dressing. Neat window dressing at times, but just that.

They were supposedly creating a whole new game engine. So the update was going to be massive and should have fixed some of the major glitches.

I hope that when everything is solved and also can make a great update to the console version ... relaunch the game with all the included diffusion. because the game is great, it deserves to do very well and does not have much competition in consoles.

Okay Sylen I understand how you see it, you've made that abundantly clear. The point isn't that this game does things no other game does, the point is, this game, regardless of what amazing things it does, has major flaws. You can try and blame xbox, playstation, microsoft, heck you can try and blame global warming but the fact is, the game was written/ported to a known entity. The dev's knew the capabilities of the systems they were porting it to, and if the systems can't handle it then don't write it. That would be like selling the PC game saying it would work on 1 gig of ram when you know full well it won't work properly with less than 4.

You can try and blame the problem on the shortcomings of the console systems, but your argument just doesn't hold up to the BS test. If the game won't run properly on the console systems currently available then don't port it. The, if the game you port doesn't run properly, fix it! Don't appease the crowd with BS window dressing while ignoring the core issue that you screwed the pooch!

Okay Sylen I understand how you see it, you've made that abundantly clear. The point isn't that this game does things no other game does, the point is, this game, regardless of what amazing things it does, has major flaws. You can try and blame xbox, playstation, microsoft, heck you can try and blame global warming but the fact is, the game was written/ported to a known entity. The dev's knew the capabilities of the systems they were porting it to, and if the systems can't handle it then don't write it. That would be like selling the PC game saying it would work on 1 gig of ram when you know full well it won't work properly with less than 4.

You can try and blame the problem on the shortcomings of the console systems, but your argument just doesn't hold up to the BS test. If the game won't run properly on the console systems currently available then don't port it. The, if the game you port doesn't run properly, fix it! Don't appease the crowd with BS window dressing while ignoring the core issue that you screwed the pooch!

Which is exactly what I said when I first heard TellTale approached TFP with the idea of a console port.

What's really painful, is that the next update with the updated version of Unity should greatly alleviate the limitations of the client on the consoles lack of hardware. Now everything is unsure.

I play on the PS4, so I don't have to deal with the constant issue on the X-Box. That has been shown to be directly attributed to the way the OS handles the file system though. I really miss a lot of the features from the PC version, and the ability to play larger maps. Plus the lack of Zeds is pretty boring once you're in the higher levels. I restart a lot.

They took a very CPU and RAM intensive game and tried to make it work on console hardware that was already obsolete when it came out in 2013. (Incidentally, that's near the time the PC Alpha first went public.) For what they attempted, they actually did a pretty good job. Sure it's got issues. You would have issues with your car if you constantly drove it at the speed limiter and never let off the gas. This isn't much different. It's running your console full throttle in order to do what it needs to run the client.

You can't sit back and say "well all these other games don't have an issue", because no other game is attempting to pull off what this one is. That's what doesn't hold up to the BS test.

If you want my honest opinion, TFP should have held off from allowing the console port until after the game was more stabilized with completed features.

Many are speculating as to the future of 7 Days to Die on consoles and The Fun Pimps wanted to give the community an update. The news of Telltale’s demise and insolvency was both a saddening and shocking event. With no warning, we learned the news the same day as the gaming public.

Upon hearing the news, The Fun Pimps immediately terminated its license agreement with Telltale, which only allowed publishing rights on the console ports of the 7 Days to Die game. The termination also severed Telltale’s rights to any future updates or sequels of the 7 Days to Die franchise.

In the weeks following, we've been working in good faith with the remaining management at Telltale to regain control over the console versions and allow us to provide support and updates on those platforms. So far, these efforts have failed.

Like you, we are incredibly frustrated by what has happened. We are pursuing all options to regain our rights, including legal remedies. Despite the damage that Telltale’s actions have inflicted upon our company and upon our console community, we wanted to let you know that The Fun Pimps are supremely committed to our fans and will continue to support 7 Days to Die game on the PC, as well as continuing efforts to aid console players in the future.

The Fun Pimps will keep you updated as more information becomes available.

I have said already that this game is one of a kind, I love it, with or without the update, crashes or not. I was stoked about another possible update happening, but regardless, I will continue to play this game. There isn't another one like it.

Will some continue to complain about the status update shared and about not getting the update quick enough, I got stuck on the word "sequels" and am even more excited.

This game brings a whole new level to console gaming. And just thinking about the possible sequels, and the Fun Pimps already knowing what they know because of this game, well, all I can say is BRING ON THE SEQUELS!!

Name one other console game that has a fully destructible 3D world with SI calculation and a randomly generated map.

Just one.

You know, you can copy and paste that all you want but it still doesn't excuse the poor job that crew did on the port. They could have optimized it a bit to run better on the consoles. If my HP laptop can run the PC version way better than either console version, that's sad.

I read it all twice and the part that sticks in my head is ''continuing efforts to aid console players in the future''. Well that says it all,consoles dead.

Even if this future comes they will aid us. I guess thats fix some more MD5 triggers not sure. Nowhere does it say new publisher with the update still coming. The console version is done. Its been fun but my old ass is moving on. Take care and go outside.

You know, you can copy and paste that all you want but it still doesn't excuse the poor job that crew did on the port. They could have optimized it a bit to run better on the consoles. If my HP laptop can run the PC version way better than either console version, that's sad.

That depends on the HP laptop you have, mine has an Intel i6 processor. My Xbox one x runs games better then it and it half the prices.

I read it all twice and the part that sticks in my head is ''continuing efforts to aid console players in the future''. Well that says it all,consoles dead.

Even if this future comes they will aid us. I guess thats fix some more MD5 triggers not sure. Nowhere does it say new publisher with the update still coming. The console version is done. Its been fun but my old ass is moving on. Take care and go outside.

Then why post that your moving on. your just trying to get a rise out of them. If you are really done with the game then don't post it just go, me my friends love playing this after a BS filled day at work getting ready for next horde we are on days 475 on our 10th world.

That depends on the HP laptop you have, mine has an Intel i6 processor. My Xbox one x runs games better then it and it half the prices.

Intel i6 :tickled_pink: why not i8? ... XBOX ... two missed hits in one reply...

I already suggested this a few times: Ask on PSN and XB Marketplace for donations to rebuy the rights as soon as TTG lets you know what they want to hand them over.

After this you guys can continue updating what makes it way easier to regain financial support covered by rising popularity.

Funds from the console version would go to Telltale.

Funds from the console version would go to Telltale.

You could do this after getting back the rights to cover costs. In any case they could need support by us cause I am pretty unsure wether they can hold and develope the game on PC AND consoles parallelly.

You could do this after getting back the rights to cover costs. In any case they could need support by us cause I am pretty unsure wether they can hold and develope the game on PC AND consoles parallelly.

There are two problems with this plan. 1st, they cannot do anything toward the console version until they get the rights back. 2nd. There is no longer a large enough fan following to fund it. The state of the game gas burned too many to quickly.

...I am pretty unsure wether they can hold and develope the game on PC AND consoles parallelly.

100% agree with nootcase, and I should add, as one can expect, "3rd : developing on consoles is NOT the same thing as developing on PC, even if technically modern consoles are no more than a laptop PC, consoles holders (Sony and Microsoft) have requirements that need skills not needed on a PC release.

That's why companies like Iron Galaxy exists.

100% agree with nootcase, and I should add, as one can expect, "3rd : developing on consoles is NOT the same thing as developing on PC, even if technically modern consoles are no more than a laptop PC, consoles holders (Sony and Microsoft) have requirements that need skills not needed on a PC release.

That's why companies like Iron Galaxy exists.

It is only about economics, nothing more. And TFP is not prepared and was never founded for developing for consoles. Sooner or later they need to hire more employees in case they get the rights to do so as long as there is no new publisher.

Anyway we can help? GoFund me? Petition? Anything?

Like I said...I made that offers a million times but nobody ever replied. Maybe they are gonna make use of that opportunity as soon as the legal situation has been cleared up to continue the development.

with the next, next gen consoles due out in two years, it might be more realistic to hope TFP haven't been jaded and can have a fresh start then. of course we dont know the specs of these consoles yet and talk of streaming version may or may not make this possible.

I'd love to see the update come but speculation about how far along IG are is just that, speculation. who know how long they knew about TT's problems or when they stopped getting paid.

just got hit with another MD5 yesterday, at least I was only 39 days in but it devastated my base and I wasnt even near it. makes it so much worse when you play one and done.

with the next, next gen consoles due out in two years, it might be more realistic to hope TFP haven't been jaded and can have a fresh start then. of course we dont know the specs of these consoles yet and talk of streaming version may or may not make this possible.

I'd love to see the update come but speculation about how far along IG are is just that, speculation. who know how long they knew about TT's problems or when they stopped getting paid.

just got hit with another MD5 yesterday, at least I was only 39 days in but it devastated my base and I wasnt even near it. makes it so much worse when you play one and done.

It is possible to re-release 7 Days for the next gen consoles due to their massive hardware power which should be way powerful enough to handle the game properly. But this depends on estimations how popular 7DTD could become on the next gen consoles.

It is possible to re-release 7 Days for the next gen consoles due to their massive hardware power which should be way powerful enough to handle the game properly. But this depends on estimations how popular 7DTD could become on the next gen consoles.

If they (Sony/Microsoft) go down the streaming path like they have been implying, the hardware on the next gen consoles is going to be nearly as pathetic as the current gen.

According to Playstation Lifestyle as well as several other sites, the sale of Telltale assets has already begun and creditors have been given notice to submit claims. This is the actions of a bankruptcy, plain and simple, and you can bet that anyone with any smarts will run from the mess 7 days to Die on console has become. What I mean by that is quite simply, the game was so poorly ported and the fan base has become so disillusioned, no company in their right minds would be interested in paying anything for the rights to this game, at least from a strictly financial view.

Telltale got their just deserves for putting out such a poorly ported product and failing to fix it. Unfortunately the company that actually did the porting isn't suffering the same fate. Iron Galaxy is still in operation. TFP also received a pretty big and well deserved black eye over this, as this was "Their Game" and the failure of it on console can be traced directly back to them and their choices.

In the end, players got a decent game, flaws and all. It's a shame it fell apart like this but at this point, there's no longer enough money to be made so no smart business would pick up the rights and continue with this game. Best chance of future updates would be something along the lines of paid updates, or new version release to re-energize the finances, but that is unlikely. The very name of the game makes players roll their eyes in distrust.

If they (Sony/Microsoft) go down the streaming path like they have been implying, the hardware on the next gen consoles is going to be nearly as pathetic as the current gen.

100% agree, don't expect a 16-core 5.0Ghz CPU with 32GB RAM !

Edit : Latest rumors are about a 8-core Ryzen PS5, currently Ryzen7-CPU is 2.7-3.8Ghz Range (without boost).

...at this point, there's no longer enough money to be made so no smart business would pick up the rights and continue with this game. Best chance of future updates would be something along the lines of paid updates, or new version release to re-energize the finances...

My thoughts too.

I strongly believe TellTales mess will cost money, just to recover sources/copyrights.

No one will engage additional expenses just to publish a few bugs corrections.

My hope : "7DTD Console Edition" on PS5/XB2 sold as a brand new product using all new consoles capacities (larger maps, cosmetic DLCs like Minecraft/Conan Exiles, third-person view with (sexy ^^) clothes sold as DLC, ...)

100% agree, don't expect a 16-core 5.0Ghz CPU with 32GB RAM !

Edit : Latest rumors are about a 8-core Ryzen PS5, currently Ryzen7-CPU is 2.7-3.8Ghz Range (without boost).

My thoughts too.

I strongly believe TellTales mess will cost money, just to recover sources/copyrights.

No one will engage additional expenses just to publish a few bugs corrections.

My hope : "7DTD Console Edition" on PS5/XB2 sold as a brand new product using all new consoles capacities (larger maps, cosmetic DLCs like Minecraft/Conan Exiles, third-person view with (sexy ^^) clothes sold as DLC, ...)

The new systems are not any better for this game

When I heard the news, I cried. No lie. This is a game I've waited for my entire life to play. Now to hear no more updates. I know it could potentially get one, one day, still breaks my heart.

♥Originally Posted by♥The Fun Pimp♥

Folks we are fine. We are putting are head down and trying to finish a very large and quite frankly over scoped build. The game has suffered from years of trying to make everyone happy with quick releases at the cost of sloppy framework which needs gutting. If we take a break to rip it out so be it. If we weren't so concerned with making you all happy then it might have gotten done right the first time.♥

Just stay calm and zombie on we will survive and this build will ship.♥And console will get updated one way or another♥

Cheers Richard

This was posted on the pc side under the telltale layoffs thread. Think it would be a little more appropriate here. Maybe ease some minds a bit. I was happy to read it!!