Telltale Update

The Fun Pimp

In general, the AMD 2200G and 2400G iGPUs are relatively good budget gaming options (i.e. 720p low for heavier titles), but likely don't cut it in 7dtd.

As a very rough estimate, the 2200G is about 50% faster than the 940MX laptop GPU according to userbenchmark; given that my 940MX laptop gets 15-25fps (clearly GPU bottlenecked) at 900p Low without zombie activity, you likely won't reach 30fps in more crowded situations with the 2200G. Also, Low settings look horrible.

For a playable experience at medium settings, GTX 1050/RX 560 are the baseline I think. If your budget allows, better go for GTX 1050Ti or RX 570, the latter being quite a bit faster in most cases. I recommend taking a look at proper GPU performance comparisons such as this one.

So is it possible in the future with the pc I got I can just update the graphic card I’m new to all this I just really wanna play alpha 17 so I got a cheap gaming pc what I fort hopefully in the future I can upgrade and also I really appreciate sylen and you’re help thank you

still can not understand how a company that no longer exists can retain publication rights on a game!

Because it all depends on how a contract is worded and done? If you give someone the rights to do something in this case a console version then that person then has those rights to that version. They do still exists even if someone/a few are behind closed doors wrapping up loose ends in this case this game. If TFP didn't care about console at all and let it go then technically the owner/owners could take the rights home with them and do nothing at all with it if they wanted. It has happened before and it has happened before with companies that sold off the rights to another company that just puts it on a shelf and never touches it again. But luckily for us TFP do care and are currently working on getting the console rights to them so they can either handle it themselves or find someone else to handle it.

still can not understand how a company that no longer exists can retain publication rights on a game!

You're wrong.

The company is still running, still alive, but cancels or finish existing contracts without taking new ones.

That's the source of the problem, a fully closed or bankrupt (chapter 11 or 6) status company would have been easier to deal with.

they still exist, they just have a staff less then 20 people and are no longer developing games. the only reason they are alive is because people still buy games that they were involved in.

- - - Updated - - -

didn't read all the way down my bad

Happy 1 year since last update anniversary!

Lol, how depressing. Wow it really has been a year hasn't it. All this time we've been awaiting this huge update & then get hit with "sorry guys, TellTale just folded. You're basically all F'd now in regards to future content."

I'm still holding out some hope but doesn't seem good fellas.

There is no way console version can climp up to A17 atm... I love this A17 on PC now and my 2nd PS4 PRO is just an another netflix machine

Hey Braggy McBragface. How about you brag yourself to the brag strip so you can brag race against other bragsters. Afterwards you can go home and dress up in brag, and admire yourself in the mirror.

On a serious note, i just checked out Melissa Hutchisons (i think thats spelled right) twitter page, she does the voice for Clementine on the walking dead game.

It says eposode 3 will be released january 15th.

I know this is "off topic" but its a bit of good news. Im excited for it!

Hello Fun Pimps, can we the dedicated console players, get an actual update. Like are you filing a class action law suit that we can all keep up on, like the one the ex employees filed. An actual update. I'm not asking for the source code or rights to the game. Just an actual factual update that doesn't have vague maybes in the fog. We waited over a year now for a update, and that's been yanked out from under us. We stood by you guys through some of the most frustrating problems this games has ever seen. We looked the other way every time TellTale lied to us. So here's yer chance fun pimps, prove to the console community that you actually care and let us know whats actually going on with the game we love to play. Or will this cry out be deleted like so many other posts.

Hello Fun Pimps, can we the dedicated console players, get an actual update. Like are you filing a class action law suit that we can all keep up on, like the one the ex employees filed. An actual update. I'm not asking for the source code or rights to the game. Just an actual factual update that doesn't have vague maybes in the fog. We waited over a year now for a update, and that's been yanked out from under us. We stood by you guys through some of the most frustrating problems this games has ever seen. We looked the other way every time TellTale lied to us. So here's yer chance fun pimps, prove to the console community that you actually care and let us know whats actually going on with the game we love to play. Or will this cry out be deleted like so many other posts.

I see no reason why it would be deleted. Post just don't get deleted unless they break the forum rules. So personally don't catch anything in this that would break the rules to get deleted. But with that said I doubt and I could be wrong but doubt they will post anything if no changes have been made. Why would they keep taking time repeating the same thing over and over? It is a small team and they do have a project they are still currently working on. So personally see no need for them to take time posting nothing new when they can take that time to work on what they are doing currently. Nothing personal to console gamers as I have several consoles myself so don't take it negative. It is just if they give play by play they still going to get people asking the same thing. So some would prefer to tell us when they actually have news to tell us.

On the other hand, it would be nice to have a little infodrop on how well TFP are doing in securing what has been for them a major project too - both TFP and Iron galaxy have put in tons of work on 7d, and i'm sure some of them are feeling just as frustrated at tellfail right now. I know the fans and console players are eager for news, and narked off at smellytale almost as much as TFP and IG have to be - a little 411 to ease the passing of time and raise spirits may make the wait easier for those of us who are determined to see what comes.

To be fair, if they're in legal action I don't think they can discuss it until more has been set in stone and done for legal reasons. It will take a bit of time, I hate to say (for you guys, I gave up on console versions 2 years ago lol).

well since they overhauled pretty much the whole system on PC, couldnt they just partner up with someone else on consol side and leave telltale with the outdated version and released the overhaul on consol? since they did do all the work. how would telltale fight that? they stole our game and changed it? no it was funpimps game to begin with.

another thought, why dont companies put in contracts projects must be completed or risk lawsuit?

well since they overhauled pretty much the whole system on PC, couldnt they just partner up with someone else on consol side and leave telltale with the outdated version and released the overhaul on consol? since they did do all the work. how would telltale fight that? they stole our game and changed it? no it was funpimps game to begin with.

another thought, why dont companies put in contracts projects must be completed or risk lawsuit?

The PC version changes like daily. Ok maybe not exactly daily but the PC version is considered alpha for starters and console was sold as a finished version of what PC called A14. TT still has the console rights no matter what changes. The current consoles might not even be able to get anything that the PC currently has. No guarantee at all. Anything is possible so you can hope and what not but it isn't guaranteed. They said they would try to keep it updated the best they can. Once console reaches it's full limitation and technically it has without the unity update which is why console was/will eventually get some of that A16 update. Anyway gotta get back to work but right now TT has the rights so they either fight it to get those back or make a new game. But as said yes it would be nice to get word but if they have no new news then what are they going to say? They already gave the word what is going on. Why do they not have it in contacts? That I have no clue because I don't k ow how all those are wrote up and done.

Any other company picking it up would have to start from square one. You'd be waiting another year to get the a15 version. It's much better to pick up the assets from Telltale and continue work with Iron Galaxy.

I seriously doubt that TFP could just redo the update. The fact is, Telltale Games owns the rights to publish 7 Days to Die on console. The company is currently being sold of bit by bit to satisfy their creditors, plus it seems they are facing at least one lawsuit from former employees about they way they closed down. The more that comes out the more underhanded the whole shut down seems. Nevertheless, it seems obvious that unlike some games that had reversion rights written into the contract, this game still belongs to Telltale and is therefore an assett that the liquidators must attempt to sell for as much as possible. The courts are not involved in this unless TFP brings them in, or the employee lawsuits change how things are being done.

That being said, I find it highly unlikely anyone will pay anything for the publishing rights to the console version of this game. It doesn't work right and probably never will, based on the capabilities of the consoles and the demands of the game. Because of that, this game is already in the tank as far as future sales go, and therefore the publishing rights aren't worth squat. Can TFP go to court to get them? probably, but not without a fight, and not without some costs that would never get recouped.

TFP's willingness to put out any sort of monetary effort toward the console is pretty obvious. After all, where's the console Moderator/Laison?

I am not without hope, perhaps a version 2 is in the works?

• 3 weeks later...

I hope that you regain control of your property. A ex ea employee becoming on the board of directors and pushing out the founders of TT was a bad sign.

When I first got the game, it was a blast, but I had no WiFi so no updates. If you want to complain about wanting a new update, try playing the original release, getting a mini bike together and driving it and having it go into the ether, dying and not being able to retrieve any of the items. Or you try to take a painting off a wall of a house during a blood moon and the entire house collapses into the ground.

Is the game perfect? No, but there have been leaps and bounds in the stability and game play so far. I’m looking forward to TFPs regaining control and being able to make this game great on consoles even if it still isn’t up to what a pc game can be.

Iron Galaxy actually was contracted by TT to do the crossover, it could be possible that TFP just have to have them work on the new updates make a new version of the game and bypass TT all together. I would gladly pay for a new version of the game, especially if the profits went to TFP.

Iron Galaxy actually was contracted by TT to do the crossover, it could be possible that TFP just have to have them work on the new updates make a new version of the game and bypass TT all together. I would gladly pay for a new version of the game, especially if the profits went to TFP.

A lot of this depends on who had better lawyers when the original deal between TFP and Telltale happened. From the look of things, TFP's lawyers were outgunned.

Archived