HDHQ - Textures/Lighting/Environment

DUST2DEATH

Thanks for the clarification.

As noted when visiting unvisited areas I then get to see the new plants and there are no names that are shown when hovering over them, they do look very nice.

A pity that I seemed to have already visited so much of the Navezgane map.

Even tho I run at 1440p I reckon that the 4k ones should be sharper, anyway they are what I'm using.

Amazing Mod... you raised the bar in the matter of look and feel...great job. :smile-new:

Amazing Mod!!! It does look better AND improves performance... Great!!

Loved the A16.4 version it kept me playing the game for longer , great job on giving the options with this version for A17 and look forward to giving it a play.

Thank you, appreciated :)

Hi are you adding this mod to the normal 7d2d mod launcer?

I have just uploaded the files to gitlab.

DOWNLOAD HDHQ 4K v1.1 STABLE b240 FROM GITLAB

DOWNLOAD HDHQ 2K v1.1 STABLE b240 FROM GITLAB

DOWNLOAD HDHQ 4K v1.1 EXPERI B8 FROM GITLAB

DOWNLOAD HDHQ 2K v1.1 EXPERI B8 FROM GITLAB

DOWNLOAD HDHQ v1.1 MODLETS

Main files are on the launcher already. We'll get the modlets on the launcher soon too. Bare with us.

- - - Updated - - -

i cant wait for next week (maybe two) when i get an SSD. i'm dying to give this mod a try. i love looking at these images. great work. TFP need to seriously hire a lot of the people on these forums.

I appreciate the thought. Thanks :)

Wondering if someone can help.

My friend and I were using this on an MP server, and now after the new HDHQ update--we are stuck in place on logging into the world.

Is there an updated HDHQ.unity3d file missing from the recent updates to HDHQ 2k/4k or was everything that was in their now in their respective modlets?

As it stands now, if we download the mainfiles referenced above and place them into their respective directories, then load the appropriate optional files and add them to both our SP and MP mods folders; the game freezes the player in place on log in.

Unable to isolate what's doing it.

Edited by SinReaper (see edit history)

Wondering if someone can help.

My friend and I were using this on an MP server, and now after the new HDHQ update--we are stuck in place on logging into the world.

Is there an updated HDHQ.unity3d file missing from the recent updates to HDHQ 2k/4k or was everything that was in their now in their respective modlets?

As it stands now, if we download the mainfiles referenced above and place them into their respective directories, then load the appropriate optional files and add them to both our SP and MP mods folders; the game freezes the player in place on log in.

Unable to isolate what's doing it.

As I mentioned, 1.1 was not HDHQ 1.0 save compatible except for the main package.

Because of the move to modlet format, it necessitated naming changes across all the items as to avoid potential conflicts with other modlets and to adhere to modlet guidelines/conventions.

Now add in load orders with other mod combinations and your ID's will never be consistant across players.

It just simply wasnt possible. revert back to 1.0 HDHQ, you can keep the 1.1 resources.assets/blocktexture/terraintexture bundles however

when installing to a dedicated server, is there still anything i need to leave out? or install everything just like i would on the client.

I'm going to install the 17.1b8 2k V1.1 textures, the biomes redux, particles,items,plants.

also, i dont see a recipe in the items modlet for the torches/spotlights, does it just make regular torches and spotlights convert to your version/parameters

Very nice update. Started a new game on experimental and looking forward to all the changes. I've only been in the forest thus far, and the textures of the new plants are just incredible. Love the color.

All the best to you Dust2Death.

Thanks. Enjoy :)

when installing to a dedicated server, is there still anything i need to leave out? or install everything just like i would on the client.

I'm going to install the 17.1b8 2k V1.1 textures, the biomes redux, particles,items,plants.

also, i dont see a recipe in the items modlet for the torches/spotlights, does it just make regular torches and spotlights convert to your version/parameters

Sorry I spaced. All the relevant locations have been updated.

If you prefer to patch yourself you could create a recipes.xml file in the config dir and add

<configs>
<append xpath="/recipes">	
     <recipe name="HDHQmeleeToolTorch" count="1">
       <ingredient name="resourceAnimalFat" count="1"/>
       <ingredient name="resourceCloth" count="1"/>
       <ingredient name="resourceWood" count="1"/>
     </recipe>

<recipe name="HDHQSpotlight" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable">
       <ingredient name="resourceHeadlight" count="1"/>
       <ingredient name="resourceElectricParts" count="8"/>
       <ingredient name="resourceDuctTape" count="2"/>
       <ingredient name="resourceScrapIron" count="50"/>
     </recipe>
</append>
</configs>

As for server I would assume its the same as any other modlet?

If I need to make a dedi build, I will, no problem. Just let me know what you all need.

Edited by DUST2DEATH (see edit history)

Recipe .xml, using your code, formatting should be correct.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m79xs9ela9jizrt/recipes.xml?dl=0

it seems that i just don't install the texture-pack to the dedicated server, only the modlets themselves.

as in "resources.assets" "blocktextureatlases" "terraintextures" "terraintextures.manifest" should NOT be installed to the dedicated server.

it seems that i just don't install the texture-pack to the dedicated server, only the modlets themselves.

as in "resources.assets" "blocktextureatlases" "terraintextures" "terraintextures.manifest" should NOT be installed to the dedicated server.

correct, that hasnt changed.

I thought maybe the modlets would have some difference, I havent tried a dedi server at all with modlets, I just havent had time.

In a much better position now though :)

well so far so good, im about to fire it up again and test the recieps, last time ( v1.0 old version) when i picked up the torches, they turned into regular torches, as in "HDHQtorch" on a wall, pick it up, then they became "Torch" stacking with regular torches.

maybe a disclaimer for idiots like me, DONT INSTALL THE TEXTURE PACK TO DEDICATED SERVER, ONLY THE MODLETS!.

i did notice though, i wasnt having the seamless biome transitions, IM using the Vanilla redux modlet on the dedicated server, im gonna take a look around again and see what thats about.

I need to flesh out some things for sure.

The torch is still just the handheld torch until I make wall torches for it.

I double checked Stable and Experi SP, both ok.

I just tested dedi stable with the main pack and the biome transitions seem to be working ok too.

Will grab experi dedi and check.

EDIT. Working on Experi dedi too.

You will have to find a way to repro the issue I cant. All working at this end.

EDIT 2. Tested full suite of modlets on experi dedi. All OK.

EDIT 3. Confirmed no text on the plants models when focusing. Will look into.

Edited by DUST2DEATH (see edit history)

Ok. I see.

The Seamless Biome Transition's refers to the Fog and Lighting/Spectrum changes as you move between the biomes. Particularly annoying in RWG where it can go from burnt to forest to wasteland in seconds. This is contained in the "Main Pack".

What your images show is the RWG biome placement on the edges. That blending is not something I have delved into because in general, I was expecting? Assuming? People would add this on top of, or compliment other RWG mods such as Tin or Alphado's work in RWG.

Hey, for some reason the "HDHQ overhaul Main Files 2k v1.1 A17.1 Experimental B8" in 7d2d mod launcer keeps crashing as i launch the game. Music comes up and it shows TFP, after that it just stops the game

Hi,

You have EAC disabled yes?

I just checked the files manually from both the local repo for 2K exp, as well as pulled them directly from the gitlab repo (where the launcher pulls from) and both sets work fine. (I wanted to make sure the upload didnt corrupt).

I'll test the launcher and see if I have any problems.

I decided to try the particle effect and downloaded the modlet. Having my base in the forest biome I was impressed to see the falling leaves.

But are the air borne particles meant to be seen when you are inside a completely enclosed buildings..?

They appear when I'm inside my enclosed base.

Edited by Dibbler (see edit history)