New A17 weaponry ?

Hypax

Spear and staff are SO basic in regard to survival tools. I would much rather have a staff than a club. Longer reach and faster attack. Shields however seem like a bad idea. Once you have more than 3 around you, a shield is useless. Anyone that stands toe to toe with a zombie for more than a couple attacks is going to get hit or their shield ripped off their arm.

Why not boob mods?

Just go into your wife's XML file and change the CupSizeLeft and CupSizeRight properties:

<property name="CupSizeLeft" value="15.75"/>

<property name="CupSizeRight" value="15.76"/>

Just go into your wife's XML file and change the CupSizeLeft and CupSizeRight properties:

Why did you make the right boob bigger?

• 1 month later...

Mods are the saving grace of this game. Many overhaul mods are much, much better than what TFP are capable of. Sure, they make the base code, but the modders work their magic and perfect it and make it WAY more interesting. If your not playing some of the better mods, your playing a gimped game. But then again, some people like gimps.

Spear and staff are SO basic in regard to survival tools. I would much rather have a staff than a club. Longer reach and faster attack. Shields however seem like a bad idea. Once you have more than 3 around you, a shield is useless. Anyone that stands toe to toe with a zombie for more than a couple attacks is going to get hit or their shield ripped off their arm.

Something more along the lines of a center grip shield would be better than the strapped shield a lot of people picture. A reinforced trash can lid would actually be pretty nasty offensive and defensive weapon. I think too many people are only aware of a shield as a defensive device and not as an offensive weapon.

See this vid for and idea of what I mean:

Hmmm...OK, there were spears with cross-guards so you could impale someone at a distance, but also push them back, and ultimately off of your spear if you're fighting outdoors....but what if you're fighting in close-quarters or indoors. I can't recall seeing a sword or very short spear that had a cross-guard closer to the end of the blade for the same purpose. If you did use a trash-can lid shield, it would be a perfect weapon to stab with while always pushing your target back. Is there some obvious flaw that I'm missing in such a weapon which prevented it from becoming "a thing"?

Spear with cross-guard:

---------|--

Anti-zombie short-sword with cross guard similar to spear:

---|--

With optional basket hilt:

-|--|--

-Morloc

Hmmm...OK, there were spears with cross-guards so you could impale someone at a distance, but also push them back, and ultimately off of your spear if you're fighting outdoors....but what if you're fighting in close-quarters or indoors. I can't recall seeing a sword or very short spear that had a cross-guard closer to the end of the blade for the same purpose

Look up "halberd" ...

Trust = Stab. Pull and Remove from body.

Swing = Off with their heads

Hook ( behind body or neck ) = Pull closer or trip them.

Its a Swiss Army knife for flexibility and Zombie killing.

Yes, halberd....but that's about the same size as a spear. If you're indoors it's going to be dangerously tricky to use this with a shield (i.e. with one hand) without backing the haft into a wall, or curtains, or your friend Ned's little sister. I'm thinking more of a short sword with a cross guard to keep the zombies at a little better than arm's length, but still be maneuverable.

-Morloc

Yes, halberd....but that's about the same size as a spear. If you're indoors it's going to be dangerously tricky to use this with a shield (i.e. with one hand) without backing the haft into a wall, or curtains, or your friend Ned's little sister. I'm thinking more of a short sword with a cross guard to keep the zombies at a little better than arm's length, but still be maneuverable.

-Morloc

They were never used on short spears because giving your enemy a leverage point at the head of your own weapon is a bad idea, it can be pulled forward and the enemy can step inside your guard with relative ease.

There's a weapon similar to the type you're describing in the "World War Z" book.

LOL! awesome...

Why did you make the right boob bigger?

Because truth. (One is always slightly smaller...)

Archived