A16 - Medieval Mod (SDX)

Guppycur

I will look to package up the changes for b14 tomorrow evening(nz) and I think maybe b15 as the last build before we settle with a stable build and start working on some book 1.1 stuff

Main changes for b14 so far are improved AI settings, a new spawner block that should fix a lot of the issues with spawns in walls etc, 'maybe' killable merchants (Better build them some defences if you don't want hordes killing them :)

Also some recipe changes, like a saddle and bags recipes

Hey Guppy, trying to play the game but everytime I start a new game it drops me right in the middle of a ton of goblins and die before I can even move...i thought it was supposed to spawn us near a town when we just started the game??

Hey Guppy, trying to play the game but everytime I start a new game it drops me right in the middle of a ton of goblins and die before I can even move...i thought it was supposed to spawn us near a town when we just started the game??

Chances are very good you're using a seed name for a game you've had a save game before using. Try a new totally random seed name. If that's not the case, please send me the output_log.

Chances are very good you're using a seed name for a game you've had a save game before using. Try a new totally random seed name. If that's not the case, please send me the output_log and $50 US, non refundable notes

you forgot the last part...

Chances are very good you're using a seed name for a game you've had a save game before using. Try a new totally random seed name. If that's not the case, please send me the output_log.

I dunno what was going on tried about 10 different names for the seed before finally getting one to spawn me in town..

I dunno what was going on tried about 10 different names for the seed before finally getting one to spawn me in town..

Can you give me some sample seed names you tried that failed, or better yet, the output log? Thanks!

Build 14 is up on gitlab and the launcher

NEW SAVE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

There have been a lot of changes for the spawner blocks that are used to spawn the peasants in their houses, and you will only see those changes if you start a new save.

Notable changelog:

* Improvements to the horse, including inventory working in multiplayer, and a number of other improvements

* Removed phase shifting ability from peasants (new spawner block that should eliminate spawning inside walls)

* Purge block protection increased to 1 realtime day. They currently don't disappear when they expire (b15 will remove the block when they stop protecting)

* blight spread rate slowed from 5 secs to 25secs for the necromancers

* Peasants are now flagged as animals, this stops players from getting zombie kills on scoreboard for them, and hopefully removes them from the maxZombie count that was preventing wandering and feral hordes from spawning as much as they should have been.

* Improved AI. There should be a lot more fighting between the factions, and added a missing aggro on players from several templates.

* Limited guards to clubs and iron clubs as the weapon they use and drop on the ground when they die.

* All workstations should have the correct tool slots

* Moved a number of recipes around, such as ornate and enchanted weapons to the grindstone.

* Added a chisel to the grindstone for the more advanced weapons.

* Various loot changes such as making some items more readily available

* Added saddle and saddlebags recipes

* 4 new spooky forest prefabs added

Still to come in b15:

* Lots of loot balancing

* Weapons and armor rebalancing

* Quests improvements and content

* More prefabs

* Economic values balancing

After b15, all going well, we will probably move out of experimental mode, lock down savegame breaking changes and start working on book 1.1 ideas while we wait for a17 :)

Build 14 is up on gitlab and the launcher

NEW SAVE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

There have been a lot of changes for the spawner blocks that are used to spawn the peasants in their houses, and you will only see those changes if you start a new save.

Notable changelog:

* Improvements to the horse, including inventory working in multiplayer, and a number of other improvements

* Removed phase shifting ability from peasants (new spawner block that should eliminate spawning inside walls)

* Purge block protection increased to 1 realtime day. They currently don't disappear when they expire (b15 will remove the block when they stop protecting)

* blight spread rate slowed from 5 secs to 25secs for the necromancers

* Peasants are now flagged as animals, this stops players from getting zombie kills on scoreboard for them, and hopefully removes them from the maxZombie count that was preventing wandering and feral hordes from spawning as much as they should have been.

* Improved AI. There should be a lot more fighting between the factions, and added a missing aggro on players from several templates.

* Limited guards to clubs and iron clubs as the weapon they use and drop on the ground when they die.

* All workstations should have the correct tool slots

* Moved a number of recipes around, such as ornate and enchanted weapons to the grindstone.

* Added a chisel to the grindstone for the more advanced weapons.

* Various loot changes such as making some items more readily available

* Added saddle and saddlebags recipes

* 4 new spooky forest prefabs added

Still to come in b15:

* Lots of loot balancing

* Weapons and armor rebalancing

* Quests improvements and content

* More prefabs

* Economic values balancing

After b15, all going well, we will probably move out of experimental mode, lock down savegame breaking changes and start working on book 1.1 ideas while we wait for a17 :)

noice...