A16 - Medieval Mod (SDX)

Guppycur

I'm not sure mate.

I tried to install Valmod a while ago and found that I couldn't use the web based assets (new icons etc)

I saw a fix that says you have to go through the files and change about a thousand lines of code (this may be a slight exaggeration) to enable the web based assets to be downloaded but got a bit lost and never tried it again tbh.

Perhaps I just need my hand held and have it explained in words of no more than two syllables...

There is a Carton of BEER ready for the first person to come up with a Gobarg friendly installation guide for adding Mods on a Mac.

So basically the UI is what gets you? I know in Valmod the xml's had instructions on how to make them mac compliant.

...although this being an SDX mod, I'm not even sure if mac does that or not.

@sphereii?

@StompyNZ:

I think the second NRE I had might be one you already know about and might've had to do with spawning peasants rather than the spider horde, this is the error it kept throwing:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Inventory.SetBareHandItem (.ItemValue _bareHandItemValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.ExecuteDismember (Boolean restoreState) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.ProcessDamageResponseLocal (DamageResponse _dmResponse) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityEnemy.ProcessDamageResponseLocal (DamageResponse _dmResponse) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.damageEntityLocal (.DamageSource _damageSource, Int32 _strength, Boolean _criticalHit, Single impulseScale) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.DamageEntity (.DamageSource _damageSource, Int32 _strength, Boolean _criticalHit, Single _impulseScale) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityEnemy.DamageEntity (.DamageSource _damageSource, Int32 _strength, Boolean _criticalHit, Single _impulseScale) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.falling (Single _v, Vector3 _fallMotion) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Entity.RXQ (Double , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Entity.ccEntityCollision (Vector3 _vel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Entity.entityCollision (Vector3 _motion) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.DefaultMoveEntity (Vector3 _direction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.MoveEntityHeaded (Vector3 _direction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityEnemy.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityZombie.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at World.TickEntities (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.JQ () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Ah yes, we believe we have the hand item bug sorted. Cool beans.

- - - Updated - - -

Guppy, you never came back. I got scared and logged out...:). Not really but those dogs are brutal. I realized that early game once they are on my ass I can't outrun them. I am not going to say much about my gameplay as don't want any spoilers for other but will let you know other sorts of feedback. See ya on again soon I hope.

Sorry homie, I got caught up in some other crap. Doh!

3 things guppy first awesome mod i love it second you forced me to murder the entire 0,0 city as they all attacked me and third and bloody dragon horde?!?!?! oh and fourth there isnt much to do atm and i cant find the trader at all even flyign around

3 things guppy first awesome mod i love it second you forced me to murder the entire 0,0 city as they all attacked me and third and bloody dragon horde?!?!?! oh and fourth there isnt much to do atm and i cant find the trader at all even flyign around

Traders are in those little vendor booths, but they're not always working (they gotta sleep too).

...and YOU CAN PLAY IT? Nice!

Do the quests, it'll lead you around the map. Plenty to do.

- - - Updated - - -

oh forgot something i went down into a cave guys and ran into some weird crimson red block thats insanely op what is it called?

That's the "bedrock". Supposed to look like lava, will look like lava in a17.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like an ochre jelly.

Be careful, they have 6 hit dice.

...you gonna try this man?

v2 for ravenhearst we had people figure out a reliable mac install, that isn't so reliable on v3.

none of us are mac people so best we've been able to do is offer condolences where needed.

here are mac instructions a player gave us then, maybe it'll help?

MAC Install -

1) Uninstall 7dtd. Open Finder, from taskbar choose Go -> Home. Open Library -> Application Support -> Steam -> steamapps -> common. Delete 7 Days to Die folder. Reinstall 7 Days to Die.

2) Unzip downloaded mod. Open unzipped folder. You should see 4 folders: 7DaysToDie_Data, 7DaysToDieServer_Data, Data, and Mods. I will be referring to this as a “home screen”.

3) Open Steam. In your games Library, right-click 7 Days to Die and choose Properties from the drop-down menu. Choose the LOCAL FILES tab and choose BROWSE LOCAL FILES.

4) Copy & paste (do not drag-and-drop) the Mods folder to this location.

5) Open 7DaysToDie_Data -> Managed.

6) Right-click 7DaysToDie.app and choose Show Package Contents. Here you should see 2 folders: Contents and Data. This will be the other “home screen”.

7) Open Contents -> Resources -> Data -> Managed.

8) Copy & paste (do not drag-and-drop) the .dll files into this location. Mac OSX will ask if you want to keep both or replace. Choose replace.

9) Navigate back to each home screen.

10) Drag-and-drop the 7DaysToDie_Data, 7DaysToDieServer_Data, and Mods folders into this location.

11) Open the Data folders in each location. You will see there are Config, Prefabs, and UMATextures folders in each.

12) For each of these three folders, open up its corresponding folder so you can see the contents. Drag-and-drop the mod’s contents into its respective folder. For duplicate files, mac OSX will ask if you want to Skip, Stop, or Replace. Check the “Apply to All” checkbox, then choose Replace.

13) Start 7 Days to Die and enjoy the mod!

Edited by sinda
shhh (see edit history)

i search 2 hours Clay dont find it and i see no Animals only Horse where can i find Animals for Leather

StompyNZ > clay you will have to do a little 'digging' for it No easy mode orange splotches on the map

And animals spawn in every biomes, you just need to run around

i search 2 hours Clay dont find it and i see no Animals only Horse where can i find Animals for Leather

You mine for clay like ores, 1 level down in gravel spots.

Animals.. IDK I just know things are still being balanced.

edit: wut ExeBT

Recipe bug: Iron pick dont need iron pick head to craft same as the axe

Alchemybench: When i close the window after start a craft the timer stops and only start again when i came back to the alchemy bench window.

and i have a doubt about the Yellowpurgecrystal, i crafted one and put it on my floor, what he do?

Edit: Orc Fighter make idle zombie sound, Arachnid has a extremely high volume comparing to the rest

Edited by ExeBT (see edit history)

v2 for ravenhearst we had people figure out a reliable mac install, that isn't so reliable on v3.

none of us are mac people so best we've been able to do is offer condolences where needed.

here are mac instructions a player gave us then, maybe it'll help?

Thankyou sinda

I'll give it a go and see if it works

cheers mate

@Linda: I have no clue what Bluefang allows, so couldn't help you I'm afraid. This mod changes a lot, and I'm not sure if bluefang allows those particular files to be changed.

Hopefully someone with bluefang experience will chime in.