A16 - Medieval Mod (SDX)

Guppycur

Notes: There is a single town configured to spawn in the 0,0 cell. There are no towns anywhere else. All other PoI's are from wilderness spawns. If the terrain is to rugged where the town wants to spawn you will not get a town. This system is a placeholder until the a17 rwg features land.

@StompyNZ You can flatten around 0,0 cell, if needed.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?58582&p=802497&viewfull=1#post802497

can there be a direct download as i dont use the mod launcher and cant for some reason :)

gitlab.com/Medieval/Core is the now public repo that the launcher loads from. You can direct download from there

- - - Updated - - -

@StompyNZ You can flatten around 0,0 cell, if needed.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?58582&p=802497&viewfull=1#post802497

Cool I’ll have a look at that for the next wipe required update. Prob not this week :)

- - - Updated - - -

cooler mod!

the icons in the toolbelt are quite difficult to recognize.

a bigger backpack would not be bad.

Heh, guppy was trying to convince me to make the backpack 12 slots. We won’t be adding backpack sizes for this book. A17 could see some new features for backpacks though.

The ui for the horse saddlebags is close so that will eventually be an option for packrats too :)

The icons, especially the auto generated weapons do need some adjustments to fit with the ui better. It will be worked on as time permits

- - - Updated - - -

On the plus side I’ve found the issue with horse saddle not always saving properly :)

Some Bugs/weirdness

1. Villagers spawning in twos right in front of me

2. Villagers hate boars and attack them on site to death, really funny.

3. Traders? I see currency and the corresponding skills but.... can't tell if they exist.

Day 1 play-thru

Some Bugs/weirdness

3. Traders? I see currency and the corresponding skills but.... can't tell if they exist.

Day 1 play-thru

Have seen 1 and 2.

3: I saw a woman by a sort of cart just outside house I am staying in. When you get to her you can press e to talk. She seems to be a merchant, but not sure if she is considered the trader as I haven't been around much yet.

Am looking forward to seeing others on when I am so we can compare recipes..........and I just realized how girly that made me sound....thanks guppy

Looks nice. Works better performance than I've expected.

For some feedback, including bug report, which place is nice? here or discord?

I used your tweak to flatten the center.

A couple of things though:

1) You really don't want to use a "Constant" but use an actual flowing frequency (FastNoise, Billows, etc,.)

2) A Constant will initially show the biomes but as you go to the ground it does some funky stuff. It'll eat all your decorations for the biome and/or will change the biome to dirt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24539[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24540[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24541[/ATTACH]

Just by using my initial landBase modules it'll work just fine. In my case "LandClamp"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24542[/ATTACH]

<!--<module name="constant5" type="FastBillow">
<property name="constant" value="5"/>
</module>-->

<module name="centerFlatten" type="Select">
<property name="controlModule" value="distanceOut"/>
<property name="sourceModule1" value="scaleBiasOutput"/>
<property name="sourceModule2" value="[color="#FFFF00"]landClamp[/color]"/>
<property name="bounds" value="-1000000 ,1000"/><!--0 to 1000 is flat-->
<property name="edgeFalloff" value="100"/><!--900 to 1100 is transition area-->
</module>

Either way nice work and find! Just needed a bit of a tweak is all. :)

Edited by Tin (see edit history)

@Tin Thanks! I've forgot to mention about that problem. I don't know why, but empirically we know completely flat terrain prevents hub/ biome/ deco generation.

Just by using my initial landBase modules it'll work just fine. In my case "LandClamp"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24542[/ATTACH]

Nice, how is the hub generation going?

@Tin Thanks! I've forgot to mention about that problem. I don't know why, but empirically we know completely flat terrain prevents hub/ biome/ deco generation.

Nice, how is the hub generation going?

hehe yep!

I don't know yet, just getting it to stompyNZ for more testing on his end and myself. :)

Some of the recipes for the anvilBlock (ironArrowHead and the next 3 down) still use forge units + are material-based.

ETA: also, the

wyvern horde

caused massive persistent lag as long as even only a few still were around (I have 32GB RAM).

Edited by owl79 (see edit history)

Hello, i am playing the mod since the release and a find some bugs.

Horse: I can add a sadle bag without having one.

Leather: I can craft Leather just scrapping it, I don't know if its right but i found i recipe to craft Leather.

Traders: NPC Traders don't spawn some times this one http://prntscr.com/jnmyuv yes, this time spawned but i found another on a mountain and not spawn.

I get a ERR Horse Hero Failed to write the stream:

Potioncurebite: its used to heal? i make one and i did not saw whats the change

POI's: Some are incomplete and I can go up without building, but I think it already knows.

Btw, Sorry for my bad english, Hope this things are useful, i will report more if i find.

I am enjoyng this mod thanks for the great work!!

Dang,that should only be 15 (assuming it's a low GS spawn of them)... k, thanks. Doing another playthrough myself today, I had that same group on me a few days ago but they were far enough away I didn't see any issues. I'll head towards them this time. =)

I had 2 NREs, the first one when transfering the HorseHero item from a chest to my backpack, second one was during a spider horde, iirc I was not doing anything in that moment myself.

There's a SDX mod out there that prevents NREs from locking down the console (NoExceptionHijack by TormentedEmu), can you maybe consider adding that to the next build so these errors don't have to mean a forced shutdown of the game?

Guppy, you never came back. I got scared and logged out...:). Not really but those dogs are brutal. I realized that early game once they are on my ass I can't outrun them. I am not going to say much about my gameplay as don't want any spoilers for other but will let you know other sorts of feedback. See ya on again soon I hope.

Oh real reason I logged is lately my damn back has been acting up and after so long sitting I have to get up.

Yeah that's it....

Hello, i am playing the mod since the release and a find some bugs.

Horse: I can add a sadle bag without having one.

Leather: I can craft Leather just scrapping it, I don't know if its right but i found i recipe to craft Leather.

Traders: NPC Traders don't spawn some times this one http://prntscr.com/jnmyuv yes, this time spawned but i found another on a mountain and not spawn.

I get a ERR Horse Hero Failed to write the stream:

Potioncurebite: its used to heal? i make one and i did not saw whats the change

POI's: Some are incomplete and I can go up without building, but I think it already knows.

Btw, Sorry for my bad english, Hope this things are useful, i will report more if i find.

I am enjoyng this mod thanks for the great work!!

I've fixed some issues with the horse items so that should fix the stream error.

Adding saddlebags is just a visual thing atm, so the item isnt used, once the inventory code is working the saddlebags will function like the basket does for a minibike

We had a bit of back and forth on scrapping vs recipes. I'll review the options and remove the ones that we dont want.

Poison cure is for when you fight spiders (and other poisoners)

Thanks for the report ;0

- - - Updated - - -

I had 2 NREs, the first one when transfering the HorseHero item from a chest to my backpack, second one was during a spider horde, iirc I was not doing anything in that moment myself.

There's a SDX mod out there that prevents NREs from locking down the console (NoExceptionHijack by TormentedEmu), can you maybe consider adding that to the next build so these errors don't have to mean a forced shutdown of the game?

The nre from horse hero is hopefully fixed with changes I made last night, will be included in b11

I haven't had time to test all the wandering horde groups which have been added to since I last tested, so I'll try and get that covered tonight.

Looks nice. Works better performance than I've expected.

For some feedback, including bug report, which place is nice? here or discord?

either is fine, I'll see it quicker in discord tho

- - - Updated - - -

Have seen 1 and 2.

3: I saw a woman by a sort of cart just outside house I am staying in. When you get to her you can press e to talk. She seems to be a merchant, but not sure if she is considered the trader as I haven't been around much yet.

Am looking forward to seeing others on when I am so we can compare recipes..........and I just realized how girly that made me sound....thanks guppy

yup, thats a merchant, and where you can sell some stuff and maybe pick up a needed item :)

'gold' is the currency atm

I've just added code to make merchants killable too, so will beef up the hp and give them defensive ai for b11

- - - Updated - - -

Some Bugs/weirdness

Day 1 play-thru

1. it's a byproduct of using a new spawning system in a way it wasnt really intended, I'm working on an updated spawner block that will work better with what we are doing.

2. working as intended, peasants gotta eat :)

3. traders are in, 'gold' is the currency, look for the vendor booths as biome decorations and they spawn when you get real close (5 blocks atm)

Hey, i have a doubt, where i can find clay? i am on day 2 and i did not saw one clay.

Its a bug or i have to do something with the flower? http://prntscr.com/jntnxq

clay you will have to do a little 'digging' for it :) No easy mode orange splotches on the map :devilish:

The recipe is a bug... (naming conventions were not followed...)

Will be fixed in b11 ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Guppy... If you can work out a way for this to be played on a Mac I'd be all over this dude.

I could absolutely test the knackers out of this as I'm playing for about 6 hours a day as is.

The mac guide will be the same as starvation i would expect... can starvation be played on a mac?

The mac guide will be the same as starvation i would expect... can starvation be played on a mac?

I'm not sure mate.

I tried to install Valmod a while ago and found that I couldn't use the web based assets (new icons etc)

I saw a fix that says you have to go through the files and change about a thousand lines of code (this may be a slight exaggeration) to enable the web based assets to be downloaded but got a bit lost and never tried it again tbh.

Perhaps I just need my hand held and have it explained in words of no more than two syllables...

There is a Carton of BEER ready for the first person to come up with a Gobarg friendly installation guide for adding Mods on a Mac.

[video=youtube;GY6uJlI-t14]

Edited by Gobarg (see edit history)