Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

5 hours ago, seven said:

When this all started you mentioned the PEP would be made available outside of DF as a standalone package. Is that still the plan?

Yes, we've been fixing up quite a lot and Krunch wants to do even more work.

I think the plan is an A21 release before DF at this point.

7 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Yes, we've been fixing up quite a lot and Krunch wants to do even more work.

I think the plan is an A21 release before DF at this point.

Sounds good. I hope by "fixing" you also mean getting rid of the worst of the clown car POIs, or the ones that are basically just a troll house. If not, maybe you could add something to the new POI difficulty display. One little clown car icon means it's just double a normal POI spawn, 3 means there are so many zombies they won't physically fit in the space all at once. (Yeah, you could say I'm not impressed with the "balance" of the compo pack.)

1 hour ago, PoloPoPo said:

Class quest - Hunter 6/6:

Kill any animal (and zombie) with handcrafted rifle. ANY animal. However, snakes and vultures don't count. Doesn't sound correct to me!?

It's an issue with objectives AnimalKill/ZombieKill and entity classes.  Khaine has the animal kills setup as AnimalKill (target is 5) which doesn't work for snakes and vultures (you have to use ZombieKill for them - same as ZombieDogs).  With animalKill, it works for any bear, even Zombie bears.  Kind of wonkie since all of those entity classes have the animal tags in them.

So the quest is:

• 5 zombie kills - can be satisfied by Zombie Dogs, vultures, and snakes (also any zombie entity really)
  • 5 animal kills - all other animals (not sure on his custom ones that he added, but I assume they count in this category).

Does anybody have any experience adding a mod or two to DF? I wanted to add https://7daystodiemods.com/7-days-to-die-the-rings-of-potential/ but when I load up my server I get a warning that says, "WRN XML patch for "loot.xml" from mod "BSG Rings" did not apply:"

It's been over 10 years since I had any experience coding, but I gather that the loot.xml from the BSG Rings mod is in conflict with the file from DF and so it refuses to load. My interpretation is that means that none of the rings from that mod will show up in the loot tables when they get rolled. Am I on the right track?

9 hours ago, belowzeros said:

anyone play the mod with bloodmoon turned off?  is it a waste of time...looking for a semi chill experience before A21 times lol

Yeah, I get the impression quite a few players do this, with other mods as well. I have seen it commented about now and then on various platforms. My last insane difficulty playthrough I did many months ago was with it off. I increased the zombie count, wandering horde numbers and frequency. Means you can have a greater chance of having your POI missions being interrupted... can lead to some interesting battles, especially when on a trader quest when you are trying to avoid leaving the quest area. You can even increase the screamer hordes as well. One of the complaints I have seen is once you get to the late game and have to deal with the three or four or more Demon Lords on a horde night, and the Succubi, things can get really out of hand for a horde base. So, not having to bother with that can lead to a lot less stress. :)

Darkness Falls is really a VERY good mod to be able to switch horde night off. Its ramped up late game monsters and tech requirements puts it into the category where even roaming, POI quests, and mining can be pretty hazardous to your health. So yeah, I think DF is a very good mod for this kind of gameplay.

However, as much as you do increase the wandering horde numbers, etc., in my opinion it is not the traditional 7 Days to Die experience. So, the removal of horde night does feel a bit of a less authentic playthrough. Also, with my non bloodmoon playthrough I did, I got a bit bored later into the game. I mean, with wandering hordes, you can just run away from them and they will despawn in a few minutes. You could set yourself a day or level, and switch horde night on again once you reach like level 100 or day 60.

Still, it is an easier experience, so it is probably what you are looking for while you wait for A21. Your choice :)

3 minutes ago, SnowBee said:

Yeah, I get the impression quite a few players do this, with other mods as well. I have seen it commented about now and then on various platforms. My last insane difficulty playthrough I did many months ago was with it off. I increased the zombie count, wandering horde numbers and frequency. Means you can have a greater chance of having your POI missions being interrupted... can lead to some interesting battles, especially when on a trader quest when you are trying to avoid leaving the quest area. You can even increase the screamer hordes as well. One of the complaints I have seen is once you get to the late game and have to deal with the three or four or more Demon Lords on a horde night, and the Succubi, things can get really out of hand for a horde base. So, not having to bother with that can lead to a lot less stress. :)

Darkness Falls is really a VERY good mod to be able to switch horde night off. Its ramped up late game monsters and tech requirements puts it into the category where even roaming, POI quests, and mining can be pretty hazardous to your health. So yeah, I think DF is a very good mod for this kind of gameplay.

However, as much as you do increase the wandering horde numbers, etc., in my opinion it is not the traditional 7 Days to Die experience. So, the removal of horde night does feel a bit of a less authentic playthrough. Also, with my non bloodmoon playthrough I did, I got a bit bored later into the game. I mean, with wandering hordes, you can just run away from them and they will despawn in a few minutes. You could set yourself a day or level, and switch horde night on again once you reach like level 100 or day 60.

Still, it is an easier experience, so it is probably what you are looking for while you wait for A21. Your choice :)

Personally, I've been running Rebirth the way I ran DF. First "week" I run 2 hour days, xp at 25% (I did try the no xp mod and enjoyed that too.) After I get the horde base built and ready for the first horde I revert it back to 1 hour days and 100% xp.  I set horde night for every 10 days (like Guns Nerds and Steel ran) so I'm not spending every moment grinding resources. Then again. I'm a builder. So the grind for resources is never ending. I like trying new base designs. Watching base build videos and trying to recreate those. Next run with DF I'm going to have spreadable fire and try to create jawoodle's zombie crucible.

2 minutes ago, wanderinpaladin said:

Personally, I've been running Rebirth the way I ran DF. First "week" I run 2 hour days, xp at 25% (I did try the no xp mod and enjoyed that too.) After I get the horde base built and ready for the first horde I revert it back to 1 hour days and 100% xp.  I set horde night for every 10 days (like Guns Nerds and Steel ran) so I'm not spending every moment grinding resources. Then again. I'm a builder. So the grind for resources is never ending. I like trying new base designs. Watching base build videos and trying to recreate those. Next run with DF I'm going to have spreadable fire and try to create jawoodle's zombie crucible.

Yeah, my default is usually a 10 day week as well. I like a bit more time to prep for horde night.

12 hours ago, belowzeros said:

anyone play the mod with bloodmoon turned off?  is it a waste of time...looking for a semi chill experience before A21 times lol

I turn bloodmoon off and make wandering hordes more frequent. I way prefer it

I keep bloonmoon on, 16 Zs per wave.  There's quite a few way to cheeze/ignore BMoon, so I figure it's just a quick 10 players levels if I feel like cheezing it (molotovs, grenades, exploiting AI weaknesses), or a good time to take a break to make snacks if I feel like skipping it (somewhere high, concrete, and unreachable) that week.  DFall's scripted waves (normal Zs, then Bear+Spiders+ZDogs, etc) get a bit repetitive, but that's alright.

11 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I turn bloodmoon off and make wandering hordes more frequent. I way prefer it

oh cool.  thanks for the suggestions all, I've been thinking along the same lines.

i'll speed up the wandering hordes a little that should well.  i really liked the addition of wandering hordes they make a lot of sense.  if i get bored i can turn on a bloodmoon later in the game or w/e.  I also usually play with 10 day bloodmoons because I like the extra build time.  But if i turn them off I can also experiment with some different builds instead of falling into laborer right away.

Edited by belowzeros (see edit history)

Is there any way to turn off the NPCs? They just get on my nerves. Currently, there is one in the merchant inside in front of the wall, wants to go through it and breaks the wall. He yells all the time. And I can't even kill him. -.-

It feels like there are more survivors running around than zombies. I really don't need them. I just want to have my peace while I'm beating up zombies. *g*

2 hours ago, Taurec said:

Is there any way to turn off the NPCs? They just get on my nerves. Currently, there is one in the merchant inside in front of the wall, wants to go through it and breaks the wall. He yells all the time. And I can't even kill him. -.-

It feels like there are more survivors running around than zombies. I really don't need them. I just want to have my peace while I'm beating up zombies. *g*

Not that this helps with all of the survivors, but for that particular annoying one in the trader, have you tried running off about a minute away or so, and then returning. Hopefully he/she has despawned?

3 hours ago, wanderinpaladin said:

Why can't you kill him? I haven't run DF for the most recent stable. Where they made "unkillable" by the player? I mean that's how I got my PVP achievements.

An update in SCore turned it on after I turned it off, even though the XML still says it's off. I have fixed it locally but didn't see the point in pushing a fix just for that with A21 around the corner.

I'm running Darkness falls 4.1.2 on Alpha 20.6(b9) and I cannot use combine because the result box is over my inventory and trying to grab he result always tries to grab from my inventory instead(even if empty)  Any thoughts? 

(Tried both windowed and full screen, but any resolution I try has the same issue) 
I deleted the contents of my mods folder when installing to get rid of all the other mods I had been using, but the install files are still present in 7dtd\ModStorage if that matters

20 hours ago, wanderinpaladin said:

Why can't you kill him? I haven't run DF for the most recent stable. Where they made "unkillable" by the player? I mean that's how I got my PVP achievements.

Yeah, that's how I got mine - but I'm not trying, damn it! I'm not like that. 😂 I felt bad one time when we going across the desert on our motorcycles and I'm chatting away when an NPC *leaps* into my path. Man she went flying. SMH 

On 5/12/2023 at 4:55 PM, wanderinpaladin said:

didn't realize that would work i have one stuck in part of trader building near rekt too that just likes to yell at me constantly.  i think he got rekt killed too i came back and they were all fighting.

Is there an easy way to know if updating will break a save? We have a late game DF group game going on A20.5. Some other friends want to start a second game but they are on A20.7. If the 20.5 players update will we break our save? (almost to labs and lasers so we are nervous haha).

Trader's are no longer protected! Take care of your local business!

Time REMOVED from under the compass and on the map. Added to the trader window (under restock time). Or you can make a watch!

Can I somehow change these 2 points before installing on my server? I really want the traders to be protected and the time to be seen