Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Recently ran into a very odd bug, hoping for help. Levelled up mechanic as normal, finished the quests, found the necessary class book and notes and crafted a mastery book, used it and now..... no mastery. The mastery skill has a red checkmark, I dont have access to impact driver or other recipes, and crafting and using another book does nothing. Can anyone help?

39 minutes ago, xBenedictx said:

Recently ran into a very odd bug, hoping for help. Levelled up mechanic as normal, finished the quests, found the necessary class book and notes and crafted a mastery book, used it and now..... no mastery. The mastery skill has a red checkmark, I dont have access to impact driver or other recipes, and crafting and using another book does nothing. Can anyone help?

You need to be level 50 to get the mastery benefits

Good afternoon!
My husband and I played this mod for months without any problems until the last update.
The screamer only summons the horde in some condition we haven't figured out yet...
We already tried both in god mode and survival, we used the auger to lure her and let her scream. No horde comes and she stays 2 minutes without giving another scream...
We also tested using wrench on the houses and the same thing...she appears, screams but no horde comes.
The last time she appeared with us was while mining titanium and the horde appeared...
In the laboratory we already dismantled everything that was possible, there were 3 screamers and no horde came.
I already edited it in the menu, left it in the default configuration, increased and decreased it and there are no changes...

Can anyone tell me if they've had this problem?

Note. We tested both in vanilla 7dtd and DF and both had the same problem...

I found a small bug you may already know, when you craft using the broadcast upgrade if you have the items in your inventory it takes from both the container and the  inventory, easy fix I know turn of the broadcast or empty the inventory into the container but I forget.

Edited by Balthazod (see edit history)

47 minutes ago, ScrooLoose said:

Is Khaine still updating/improving this mod?

🙄  You didn't check the first page where he has a downlink for 20.6?

Didn't check his activity to see what he has been doing?

Man, people do zero research nowadays

16 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Nope, didn't notice it at first.  Even searched a bit.  Khaine last posted/edited in May.  I have found it now, thank you for your great reply!  :)

Man, people can't give a simple yes or no anymore.  It always has to be snarky and full of negativity.  Be happy!! :)

Edited by ScrooLoose (see edit history)

2 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Yeah, well I've been guilty of glossing over info in these forums when the answer to my question was right in front of me.  It happens, albeit not too often.  Then again, I used to get kinda irked when training new-hires in the intricacies of some machine or industrial process. So often they'd demanded a brain dump - "Tell me all, now". I'd refer them to the documentation. "No, because if I did, you wouldn't remember it all anyways. RTFM." Those who demanded all at the onset often proved to be the most problematic later on. 

Nah, I didn't take your reply as snarky at all. More realistic than anything else.

16 hours ago, Balthazod said:

hi Kaine I have been trying to join Discord but there is no emote to click on I read  the rules and the faq looked every where I could but can not find it, the tick emote.

You should have gotten the normal discord onboard because I turned that on. Otherwise it's in rules I think

23 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

You should have gotten the normal discord onboard because I turned that on. Otherwise it's in rules I think

I have access to announcements  and the rules but "
If you want to talk or discuss anime, keep it out of general. Instead use the channel ⁠No Access for it, you can get access by clicking on the emote below. (edited)
[1:45 PM].." After this there is no emote to click.  

Seen as you are going to be very busy with A21 its bad timing to bother, sorry.

Edited by Balthazod (see edit history)

Khaine, do you intend to add more quests in the main story of your mod after the release of A21?
My husband and I finished the whole quest and we got the impression that something bigger was missing to be added at the end. I was in doubt if we skipped something in the quests to seal the portals scattered around the wasteland area or if dr. Anna was going to give more details of what happened in the laboratory or if that UFO was more than a simple POI... But that's just my curiosity, I'm not complaining.

On 6/11/2023 at 8:54 AM, Balthazod said:

I have access to announcements  and the rules but "
If you want to talk or discuss anime, keep it out of general. Instead use the channel ⁠No Access for it, you can get access by clicking on the emote below. (edited)
[1:45 PM].." After this there is no emote to click.  

Seen as you are going to be very busy with A21 its bad timing to bother, sorry.

The tick is definitely still in the rules and information channel. I just checked

36 minutes ago, Daemya said:

Khaine, do you intend to add more quests in the main story of your mod after the release of A21?
My husband and I finished the whole quest and we got the impression that something bigger was missing to be added at the end. I was in doubt if we skipped something in the quests to seal the portals scattered around the wasteland area or if dr. Anna was going to give more details of what happened in the laboratory or if that UFO was more than a simple POI... But that's just my curiosity, I'm not complaining.

Hopefully we will be adding more to it, yes.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Khaine, I'm very excited to play the new A21 with your mod. In fact I sincerely think the folks at The Fun Pimps would really benefit from having your ideas incorporated into the original version. Hope the work is going fine. Please tell us if we can help with anything.

greetings, i was wondering if this mod will work with https://7daystodiemods.com/ztensitys-unnecessarily-beautiful-but-immersive-ubbi/

the mod itself works with undead legacy, but as much as i try to like that mod, i just cant, it's too restrictive, and blocks things that shouldnt be, so i'm just wondering if anyone can tell me, if it's possible to use both in tandem, the mod itself is no longer supported, so asking the mod developer, would be rather pointless, can anyone advise, as to whether it works with darkness falls, much thanks.

5 hours ago, ozmods said:

greetings, i was wondering if this mod will work with https://7daystodiemods.com/ztensitys-unnecessarily-beautiful-but-immersive-ubbi/

the mod itself works with undead legacy, but as much as i try to like that mod, i just cant, it's too restrictive, and blocks things that shouldnt be, so i'm just wondering if anyone can tell me, if it's possible to use both in tandem, the mod itself is no longer supported, so asking the mod developer, would be rather pointless, can anyone advise, as to whether it works with darkness falls, much thanks.

It will not work with DF, as it seems to depend on vanilla skills. Probably it can be adapted by some xml-editing by some who knows what has to be done. Not me sorry, and in the past Khaine focused on DF, not on other Mods. If you want to experiment by yourself, take a look at BDubs Vehicles, which are modified and included in DF. If you analyze the changes here you may be able to change UBBI there.

6 hours ago, ozmods said:

I know some folks in my discord have made that work with DF. I dont think it works out of the box

Awrighty, we gave 21 three weeks and I think it's beautiful - can't wait to see those POIs in DF in a few months. OK, I actually can wait - we only started playing DF 1/2 a year ago so still have plenty to do. Like, I dunno, get our gamestage under control? SMH Still, just in case we want to use this time to learn a different overhaul while waiting: do any of the overhauls like Ravenhearst, Rebirth etc use a skill leveling system like DF? Kinda like it? I watched a lot of streams of other overhauls but didn't really catch if any were kinda similar to DF in that regard and there were other mods mixed in. 

3 hours ago, Apocalipservice said:

Awrighty, we gave 21 three weeks and I think it's beautiful - can't wait to see those POIs in DF in a few months. OK, I actually can wait - we only started playing DF 1/2 a year ago so still have plenty to do. Like, I dunno, get our gamestage under control? SMH Still, just in case we want to use this time to learn a different overhaul while waiting: do any of the overhauls like Ravenhearst, Rebirth etc use a skill leveling system like DF? Kinda like it? I watched a lot of streams of other overhauls but didn't really catch if any were kinda similar to DF in that regard and there were other mods mixed in. 

Apocalypse Now mod is likely closer to Darkness Falls with its way of making class books and using skills. Just all classes are open, and you level them by reading class books (that you craft or purchase). It also has some mean zombies, and some pretty large animals :)

Edited by SnowBee
spelling (see edit history)

1 hour ago, SnowBee said:

Apocalypse Now mod is likely closer to Darkness Falls with its way of making class books and using skills. Just all classes are open, and you level them by reading class books (that you craft or purchase). It also has some mean zombies, and some pretty large animals :)

Excellent - it's looking pretty good. I see a bunch of modlets I've grown used to like trader protection being off and bigger tool belt etc. I'll watch your vids on it and we'll probably give that one a try if/when the demons make us ragequit: TY!