Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

21 hours ago, Balthazod said:

Finally fail I reached the 3rd floor of the bunker and it was bugged when I stepped on it I fell through landing back out side with a some fall damage second time it just teleported back to outside. 

Try to read at page 416.

Then you can find a video that help you to fix the problem.

Thanks Brevan I have already down loaded the new Dev build  but not installed it yet need to put my thinking cap on and work out how to do it.

I tried the edit option Canute but I could not get it to work when I press G and space I just jumped up and down not sure why may be its because I remapped some of the keys I will defiantly spend some time looking into it, it it looks fun designing or redesigning maps. 

Edited by Balthazod (see edit history)

@KhaineGB

1) v4.1.2-dev-3.  Minor display bug in the loading screen tips #15 (Base Upgrading), includes "LoadingTipCraftingBetterQL,".

2) Consider adding seeds for fruit trees (Apple, Banana, Coconut, Orange) some of the loot tables (maybe just the produce baskets, like the ones in Trader Rekt's, the part_roadside_fruit_stand_0x, and store_grocery_0x).

I've noticed seeds for other Darkness Falls plants (Tomato, Carrot, Rice, Wheat) in Trash piles, so maybe there's a reason you didn't include the tree seeds (it certainly encourages players into the Grass and Desert biomes).

Edited by Brevan (see edit history)

On 5/14/2022 at 10:21 AM, Whiteshark68 said:

Must have glitched out because i only had one recipe to make leather armour and it required the tailor station  seems to have fixed its self after a full game restart

I am having same issue, needed to make leather armor.  I went to Creator and gave myself leather armor, that finished the quest.  But, didn't give me the final quest.

Yes, I did restart my computer.  DF is the only mod i am running. 

Can I restart my class quests?

13 hours ago, Tecknowolf said:

I am having same issue, needed to make leather armor.  I went to Creator and gave myself leather armor, that finished the quest.  But, didn't give me the final quest.

Yes, I did restart my computer.  DF is the only mod i am running. 

Can I restart my class quests?

I think you need to have a lot of grass to make it without a tailor station I had the same problem took me a while to work it out I made one piece then got stuck its abit confusing but if you cut grass you get a option to make it in your inventory. 

Is there a guide or something how to run DF server on debian/ubuntu? 

I installed 7DTD server with steamcmd, uploaded DF files, modified DF xml config file to fit my server needs and tried running with

./startserver.sh -configfile=DarknessFallsConfig.xml

After several minutes proccess gets "Killed" (this is all I get in console), nothing in output_log on what caused it.

This is last lines in log:

2023-02-26T15:50:19 407.858 INF Loaded (local): loadingscreen
2023-02-26T15:50:19 408.062 INF createWorld: DFalls-Medium1-NoPEP, Kalade, GameModeSurvival
2023-02-26T15:50:19 408.064 INF Occlusion: Disabled
2023-02-26T15:50:19 408.131 INF Started thread ChunkRegeneration
2023-02-26T15:50:19 408.132 INF Started thread ChunkCalc
2023-02-26T15:50:19 408.132 INF Started thread ChunkMeshBake
2023-02-26T15:50:20 408.776 INF World.Load: DFalls-Medium1-NoPEP
2023-02-26T15:50:20 408.838 INF Loading base world file header...
2023-02-26T15:50:20 408.876 INF BloodMoon SetDay: day 7, last day 0, freq 7, range 0
2023-02-26T15:50:20 408.892 INF BloodMoon SetDay: day 7, last day 0, freq 7, range 0
2023-02-26T15:51:40 488.821 INF Started thread GenerateChunks
2023-02-26T15:51:45 493.832 INF Calculating world hashes took 4878 ms (world size 406 MiB)
2023-02-26T15:51:45 493.841 INF Processing world files

Appearantly it crashed when trying to proccess world files. 

1 hour ago, Kalade said:

I installed 7DTD server with steamcmd, uploaded DF files, modified DF xml config file to fit my server needs and tried running with

[..]

Although never ran a server under Linux: Maybe it helps to post the serverconfig.

7 hours ago, Kalade said:

After several minutes proccess gets "Killed" (this is all I get in console), nothing in output_log on what caused it.

This is last lines in log:

2023-02-26T15:50:19 407.858 INF Loaded (local): loadingscreen
2023-02-26T15:50:19 408.062 INF createWorld: DFalls-Medium1-NoPEP, Kalade, GameModeSurvival
2023-02-26T15:50:19 408.064 INF Occlusion: Disabled
2023-02-26T15:50:19 408.131 INF Started thread ChunkRegeneration
2023-02-26T15:50:19 408.132 INF Started thread ChunkCalc
2023-02-26T15:50:19 408.132 INF Started thread ChunkMeshBake
2023-02-26T15:50:20 408.776 INF World.Load: DFalls-Medium1-NoPEP
2023-02-26T15:50:20 408.838 INF Loading base world file header...
2023-02-26T15:50:20 408.876 INF BloodMoon SetDay: day 7, last day 0, freq 7, range 0
2023-02-26T15:50:20 408.892 INF BloodMoon SetDay: day 7, last day 0, freq 7, range 0
2023-02-26T15:51:40 488.821 INF Started thread GenerateChunks
2023-02-26T15:51:45 493.832 INF Calculating world hashes took 4878 ms (world size 406 MiB)
2023-02-26T15:51:45 493.841 INF Processing world files

Appearantly it crashed when trying to proccess world files. 

That server config is configured for windows.

So you need to make your own

11 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

That server config is configured for windows.

So you need to make your own

Thank you for answer. Is there example or explanation what should be adapted in config to run it on Linux (debian to be exact)?

All I did is replacing Save and other paths at the end of default config file.

FYI: Just installed the A20 mod and tried to run a dedicated server, it kept closing the server console after I saw a flash of red text, didn't know what was happening. Lots of googling with no answers, then found some server hosting site provide a list of possible world names for this mod, and the one that came with the mod download (DFalls-Small1-NoCP) did not exist, they all end in NoPEP. I changed the NoCP to NoPEP and it works.

@KhaineGB

Please dont mind me suggesting. Sorry in advance. I am watching a few DF series by good players and observed that during hoard nights, the precious end game characters you have created comes running alongwith other zombies and dies with them without even getting noticed (except their different looks) and without doing any considerable damage or without being a considerable threat which they are supposed to do.

Secondly, The King and the Prince, can they come riding on something like a big zombie bear or so just to seperate them from other Zs and maintain their hierarchy. I think there already are riding Zs in Snufkins mod.

You have created such an awesome mod. I always have to think for a couple of days before writing anything like this to you. Thanks.

Riding stuff is likely a no because that's just hell with the animations and hitboxes and all of that nonsense.

Also, just a heads up for folks, 4.1.2 is going stable at some point today.

I say "at some point" because my upload speed is being terrible.

Right, this actually got uploaded about an hour ago, after I finished messing with Azure stuff, but I ended up needing to do some chores around the house and wasn't properly watching the upload speed.

But, Darkness Falls V4.1.2 is up! Patch notes as follows.

Yes, if you are coming from 4.1.1, you need a new save. If you are on a dev build, you shouldn't. Yes, it should be on the launcher. No, I haven't updated the launcher file yet to show that it's updated.

- Updated SCore.
- Added Pulse Mine. (currently does not use a new model, have icon or localization)
- Added Overcharged Energy Cell.
- Added Overcharged Power Source melee mod.
- Added Molecular Reconstructor Repair Kit's (2 different types that repair different things, see item descriptions)
- Added a recipe for irrigation pipes so you just make that and then select the shape (which I thought I had done, but apparently not).
- Added a 25% magazine increase to the bandolier for any gun, but not bows/crossbows.
- Added a failsafe for Scrap Tool Crafting/Scrap Weapon Crafting not being added when it should be.
- Added Broadcast Upgrade item. Unlocked by Yeah Science 5.
- Fixed Zombie Janitor Radiated using the wrong mesh.
- Fixed Flaming/Exploding arrows and bolts giving the wrong arrowheads when opened.
- Fixed junk turret ammo bundles not using ammo to be made like everything else.
- Fixed underground cannabis and rice not being placeable/not growing properly.
- Fixed the JaWoodle Purple bundle not having an icon.
- Fixed PEP_Hotel_Construction_Site_01_Zyncosa being 2 blocks too low on all maps (POI was already fixed).
- Fixed Anna and Bunker on all maps.
- Fixed Fail-not not being able to take pulse arrows.
- Fixed Radiated Hazmat Zombie using the wrong mesh.
- Fixed Shotgun Slugs giving back buckshot instead of Bullet Tips.
- Fixed Junction Box being in the wrong place (thanks grumpybeard!).
[16:00]
- Fixed Erik's Hammer playing the power attack noise twice, which is why it was waking up zombies.
- Fixed the Overcharged Power Source making 10 when it shouldn't.
- Fixed Master Mechanic not unlocking the SMG recipe.
- Fixed a lot of unlockedby for various scrap weapons so they say they need scrap weapon crafting.
- Fixed the farming tips book not properly unlocking the 3rd level.
- Fixed various trader buff immunities.
- Fixed incorrect loot probability on Iron Tools schematic.
- Fixed sap not working.
- Fixed pulse arrows annd bolts not being locked.
- Added Rizzo's updated Twitch Integration stuff. (@%$# if I know what it does. #BlameRizzo)
- Added Annihilator's 'QuestHelper' mod, which fixes scout quests using 0,0 as the origin point on MP (Thanks Annihilator!)
- Ran all assets through ocbMaurice's Optimizer. This means download size (4.9GB instead of 4.2GB) and size on disk (7.5GB instead of 5.8GB) will be larger, but allow the game to boot a lot faster. In my own testing, this has also reduced CPU usage by quite a bit (5% to 10%), and RAM usage by a small amount (approx 500mb on a 6k map).
- Writeable and Lockable storage can now be upgraded into "broadcast" versions with the Broadcast Upgrade item that allows them to broadcast their inventory to workstations (but not the basic forge and campfire) for remote crafting. Function must be turned on by the new "switch" icon in the looting window at the top left.
- Removed the restriction on honey that meant it only worked on level 1 infection. It should now work on any infection (assuming the 70% roll passes).
- Adjusted stats of Fail-not so it should be at least equal to a Titanium Crossbow.
- Frame shapes for cobblestone+ now have new textures so it's easier to see what isn't upgraded from distance.
- Lowered the degradation per use of both augers so they'll last longer.
- Lowered the harvest penalty of using the auger, and REMOVED the harvest penalty on the titanium auger (however it does not get a bonus like other tools, so a titanium pick will still give more).
[16:00]
- Tweaked bee hive and chicken coop loot lists.
- Tweaked when turrets unlock in advanced engineering, so the auto turret unlocks at level 4 now (not 5) with the shotgun turret, and the mk2 versions unlock at level 5.
- Repulsor Mod no longer ragdolls zombies 100% of the time with the plasma baton.
- Padded armor now works like it did in 4.04 (no mobility/stamina penalty) but has HALF the mod slots of all other armor.
- All other armor has been rebalanced on physical resistance and mobility penalties. So leather and military should now be the same on penalties, while scrap/iron/steel should be the same on penalties.
- Titanium is now steel armor with military armor penalties.
- Power armor now has slightly lower protection (12 instead of 13) but NO mobility or stamina penalties.
- Adjusted loot on the tree stumps again to see if using the loot template rather than a loot prob helps.
- Swapped over levels 2 and 3 of Grease Monkey so players get the motorcycle slightly earlier but vehicle mods later.
- Moved Cruiser and Junker to Grease Monkey 3
- Laser multi-tool now disables demon regen if you hit a demon with it, because it's funny.
- Removed stone and scrap arrows/bolts from compound bow and titanium crossbow as they shouldn't be using ammo that low tier anyway and it improves compatibility with sorcery spell arrows/bolts.
- Increased amount of ammo radial entries in windows.xml.
- Made nail bombs a little easier to craft.
- Doubled the cost of meds purchased from the White River Scout. Normal trader prices unaffected.
- Renamed Zombie Skateboarder and Zombie Gangsters into Zombie Thugs, since they share the same loot list and it gives some variety to that specific "type" rather than Gangster/Skateboarder.
- Traders now show POI names on their quest lists before you accept them.
- Bandages no longer stack healing because apparently the game is stupid and can't do simple math.
- More localization fixes.

Links.

Download Link: https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/_git/DarknessFallsA20 (click the 3 dots, select download as zip)

Hey, i ran in some issues with darkness falls

the console open and ERR Could not load file '#@modfolder(darkness Falls Core):Assets/Deamons.unity3d?deamonSuccubus' for entity_class 'Succubus'

the only 2 things that help is killall or disconnect form the server

i already reintsall the server and the mod play an other map nothing help do you have a clue?

Greetings Paddy from Germany

11 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Right, this actually got uploaded about an hour ago, after I finished messing with Azure stuff, but I ended up needing to do some chores around the house and wasn't properly watching the upload speed.

But, Darkness Falls V4.1.2 is up! Patch notes as follows.

[..]

http://bit.ly/3FiLqyj -> Deutsche Übersetzung für DarknessFallsA20_4.1.2/german translation as mod.

Wie immer: Augen pls offenhalten, und gerne alle Fehler hier melden.

I tried to join Darkness falls discord but I could not find the tick emote.  

I am also having a problem with broadcast upgrade its not working, I am playing v4.1.2-dev-b4, on one game I got the fridge and writable storage to upgrade but they where not connected to the stations on my current game they wont upgrade at all. 

The Transhuman and Accelerated healing are not working I finally got some demon essence made the shot but nothing happened  at lvl 115 with technology crafting 3 unlocked.

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2023.03.06 - 16.13.55.85.png

Edited by Balthazod (see edit history)

Is there any perk that affects capacity of guns? Somehow all the guns I have hold roughly 20% more ammo than the numbers show on the stats sheet. The last perk I get was Wasteland Treasures rank 5, could this be related?

6 minutes ago, Nirtguy said:

Is there any perk that affects capacity of guns? Somehow all the guns I have hold roughly 20% more ammo than the numbers show on the stats sheet. The last perk I get was Wasteland Treasures rank 5, could this be related?

No, but in 4.1.2 I added magazine capacity to the bandolier. So if you have onne of those, that's why

the console open and ERR Could not load file '#@modfolder(darkness Falls Core):Assets/Deamons.unity3d?deamonSuccubus' for entity_class 'Succubus'

i already reintsall the server and the mod play an other map nothing help do you have a clue?

Did I miss something ? I just started a new save on the DF large 2 PEP map, and my initial spawn was in the desert. So I tried again, this time I spawned in the snow. Then I tried again (about a dozen times including on the DF Large 1 map) and every time the initial spawn was either desert or snow.

Is this supposed to be happening ?

edit - new game number 13 (you can't make this stuff up) spawned in the forest .....

Edited by Grolbu (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Grolbu said:

Did I miss something ? I just started a new save on the DF large 2 PEP map, and my initial spawn was in the desert. So I tried again, this time I spawned in the snow. Then I tried again (about a dozen times including on the DF Large 1 map) and every time the initial spawn was either desert or snow.

edit - new game number 13 (you can't make this stuff up) spawned in the forest .....

I think Khaine can explain this better. If I recall, your spawn can also be related to your save game NAME.

Edited by SnowBee (see edit history)

17 hours ago, P_2_the_0 said:

You still have an old version kicking around. Do a clean install.

5 hours ago, Grolbu said:

You just got really unlucky. DF maps do not guarantee forest spawns, just like it used to be in old alphas.