Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

On 3/7/2023 at 4:12 AM, KhaineGB said:

The broadcast works fine for me. You have to turn it on.

And that's intended with the perks. Tech OR Bio. Not both.

Thanks for the clarity on the tech Bio perk makes perfect sense and explains  the NA suffix which had me confused.

I still can not get the broadcast upgrade to work I have tried on three different games one I got the box's to upgrade  but not connect to work stations on the other two I have the walkie talking in my tool bar but right click, left click nothing happens no options so not sure how I turn it on.  Sorry to bother you sure you have better stuff to do. 

I will start a new game with a fresh install as I got some errors at the start when I loaded one of the old saves.  Great mod much appreciated.

15 hours ago, Falaffel said:

You may still run around and find a forest. It should succeed on your first day (it did for me).

Don't like my chances - it was a 12km map and on one of the saves that I didn't use I went into god mode and shot straight up into the air, I could see for miles and it was just desert. Kept trying, got a forest spawn eventually :)

Hello!  Have played DF multiple times, great mod.  But running into a problem I've never had before.  Doing Eve's quest "The Favor" to the lab - get there, get set up, and none of the key cards will open the outer door - red, green, blue.  Am playing 7DTD 20.6.  Is is there a bug I haven't heard about?  And is there a workaround?  Thanks.

With the Broadcast Upgrade, you don't use it like Fertilizer on crops, you use an upgrade tool to upgrade the storage box while the Broadcast item is in on your character.  As mentioned, the new broadcast crates have a switch in their upper left corner to actually start broadcasting.

They worked swell for me, but I'll admit it took me quite a while to figure it all out.  The description on the Broadcast Upgrade item is brief, it might be worth creating a long-form journal entry, or if possible changing the upgrading to be similar to Fertilizer on crops (right-click the storage crate while Broadcast Upgrade item is selected in Toolbelt),  or using the Broadcast Upgrade item as an ingredient in crafting the Broadcast Crates (this would give you another inventory item description window to tell players to look for the switch in the crate inventory).  Maybe sit back and see how long it takes players to figure it out or check a forum for help.

@Ryan8438

The lab quest from Eve is "The Reward", it will need Green keycards (put them on your toolbelt, then click the door with them in hand).  If they're not working for you, then I'm not sure what could be going wrong.  There's a locked door in Anna's lab, and as far as I've noticed there is no keycard for it (this was intended as a quick-fix to remove an exploit).

Edited by Brevan (see edit history)

@KhaineGB

Bro, I know you are not accepting any new series requests but it doesn't look like Alpha 21 will come up soon. So if you have a little time, Please start a series on Rebirth/Wasteland mod. They also have very exciting features and if you have some more time there are a few more combos which are going to be a lot of fun but nobody seems to be taking any interest. 

1) Asia Mod 

2) NMM Mod 

one of these to be combined with 

either a) Sorcery Mod or b) Curse of Anubis mod. 

These combos have a great Ancient and magical touch. And they are also going to be a lot of fun like DF.

If anybody wishes to make a series, please post a video link.

Thank you.

On 3/9/2023 at 5:39 PM, Brevan said:

@KhaineGB

1) v4.1.2 Titanium Dart Traps require Forged Iron to repair instead of Forged Titanium

2) v4.1.2 Underground Cannabis and Rice have labels inconsistent with other seeds, growing, or grown plants

Noted, will get them fixed locally for whatever the hell happens for next version since i'm still waiting om A21.

On 3/9/2023 at 6:58 PM, ryan8438 said:

Hello!  Have played DF multiple times, great mod.  But running into a problem I've never had before.  Doing Eve's quest "The Favor" to the lab - get there, get set up, and none of the key cards will open the outer door - red, green, blue.  Am playing 7DTD 20.6.  Is is there a bug I haven't heard about?  And is there a workaround?  Thanks.

Not a bug I know of. The green cards work fine.

On 3/11/2023 at 3:09 AM, Brevan said:

With the Broadcast Upgrade, you don't use it like Fertilizer on crops, you use an upgrade tool to upgrade the storage box while the Broadcast item is in on your character.  As mentioned, the new broadcast crates have a switch in their upper left corner to actually start broadcasting.

They worked swell for me, but I'll admit it took me quite a while to figure it all out.  The description on the Broadcast Upgrade item is brief, it might be worth creating a long-form journal entry, or if possible changing the upgrading to be similar to Fertilizer on crops (right-click the storage crate while Broadcast Upgrade item is selected in Toolbelt),  or using the Broadcast Upgrade item as an ingredient in crafting the Broadcast Crates (this would give you another inventory item description window to tell players to look for the switch in the crate inventory).  Maybe sit back and see how long it takes players to figure it out or check a forum for help.

@Ryan8438

The lab quest from Eve is "The Reward", it will need Green keycards (put them on your toolbelt, then click the door with them in hand).  If they're not working for you, then I'm not sure what could be going wrong.  There's a locked door in Anna's lab, and as far as I've noticed there is no keycard for it (this was intended as a quick-fix to remove an exploit).

I giuarantee no one would read the journal entry, like they dont for how farming works, or mining and where to find metal...

1 hour ago, Ganeshakw said:

@KhaineGB

Bro, I know you are not accepting any new series requests but it doesn't look like Alpha 21 will come up soon. So if you have a little time, Please start a series on Rebirth/Wasteland mod. They also have very exciting features and if you have some more time there are a few more combos which are going to be a lot of fun but nobody seems to be taking any interest. 

1) Asia Mod 

2) NMM Mod 

one of these to be combined with 

either a) Sorcery Mod or b) Curse of Anubis mod. 

These combos have a great Ancient and magical touch. And they are also going to be a lot of fun like DF.

If anybody wishes to make a series, please post a video link.

Thank you.

I already know what I'm doing...

7DTD_DF-Sorcery.png.4f0549c8f9f45efe1f407b1772ea8397.png

I finally worked out what I was doing wrong with the broadcast upgrade apart from not noticing the switch I was trying to upgrade using the actual broadcast upgrade and not using the the upgrade tool Doh! Thanks Brevan

I got the mysterious door at Doc's lair to open, if you click on it show's you what you need. 

Edited by Balthazod (see edit history)

KhaineGB made me think about it and made me wanted to do it.

Currently, does anyone know what is the highest version of DarknessFalls + Sorcery that is compatible, I actually tried with the sorcery 1.72 and everything seem to work together with the exeption that df map don't have the sorcery trader(and starting df "stuff") and sorcery map don't have df POI(that expected) but I can't know if it work perfectly if you simply spawn the sorcery trader in a premade DF map.

I did not play sorcery since the introdution of lighting element so there should be a lot of nice stuffs to look at.

Unfortunatly I spoke too soon the spirit bar don't show, anyway once its possible to play both together I will play for sure.

edit: thank you to khaine for the anwser.

Edited by Destro
Just wanted to add something more (see edit history)

On 3/13/2023 at 2:00 PM, Brevan said:

@KhaineGB

I'm not sure this is a bug, but it probably is:

v4.1.2 There are two recipes (Workbench and Metal Workstation) for Electrical Parts, one doesn't require Insulators (but this is the only recipe that uses these).

It is and I forgot to fix it.

21 minutes ago, Destro said:

KhaineGB made me think about it and made me wanted to do it.

Currently, does anyone know what is the highest version of DarknessFalls + Sorcery that is compatible, I actually tried with the sorcery 1.72 and everything seem to work together with the exeption that df map don't have the sorcery trader(and starting df "stuff") and sorcery map don't have df POI(that expected) but I can't know if it work perfectly if you simply spawn the sorcery trader in a premade DF map.

I did not play sorcery since the introdution of lighting element so there should be a lot of nice stuffs to look at.

Sorcery 1.42 and DF 4.1.2 work together.

I've thrown together a patch for Sorcery 1.72 but it's testing only right now. We're hoping for April-ish release on that. In constant comms with Devrix and his team to get it all sorted :)

I am running DF 4.1.2. I have a user that has done all of the survival quests, filled the points and then read the mastery book but it's showing a red check saying requirements not met. It would be nice if it showed what requirement wasn't met.

33 minutes ago, Brevan said:

Character level needs to be 40 for most (probably all) Masteries.  I don't remember where this is mentioned, but I think it might be the Mastery's check-mark before spending points on it.

That's what I was thinking but I checked mine and it didn't show any requirements. It doesn't have a check before, it's the shopping cart.

5 hours ago, Brevan said:

Character level needs to be 40 for most (probably all) Masteries.  I don't remember where this is mentioned, but I think it might be the Mastery's check-mark before spending points on it.

This is correct. It is 40 for all.

Hey,

so this is probably a silly question but does anyone know whether Darkness Falls (or any other mod for that matter) impacts game speed (increases RAM, CPU, requirements)?
One of the friends I play with plays on a potatoe and doesn't want us to try out the mod because it may slow his game down.

I know that big mods slow down loading times and of course there's some big areas in this mod which may cause lags when entered?
Sorry, didn't really find an answer when googling.

The latest version 4.1.2 hardly increases loading time, as Khaine did some compression magic. 7d2d in general can stutter on bigger maps, so you could use a smaller map and your potato friend should nerf the graphic options. I had fun with 8Kmaps on a 10 yo Notebook with dedicated graphics (some mobile Nvidia-chip from 2012) and 16 gb RAM, even on multi. And he may be able to google tweaks for 7d2d on old machines (eg increase virtual memory - may slow down a bit, but still have fun!)

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

Can anyone help me create a mod. I have no idea how to actually do the work, I can manipulate existing xml files. I have an idea for a mod but I don't even know where to start. The mod idea is to create a "fireman's outfit" a clothing option (pants and jacket) that would reduce/eliminate burning. Kinda like the ablative armor mod. I mean effectively it's a yellow duster and overalls. That's not my only idea for a mod, but after I "tweak" something trying to create a mod I end up screwing up the game, or the mod doesn't work. 

I'm not asking for someone to create this mod. I want to create it, but maybe point me to a "how to mod" tutorial. All I'm finding in searches is "how to install mods" and I already know how to do that.

Edited by wanderinpaladin (see edit history)