Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

45 minutes ago, pokederp3 said:

how can one go back to previous versions to continue playing

If you're playing on steam, you  right click 7D2D  from your steam library,  than properties. From there look for Betas, than you can adjust the specific version you want to play. I found that turning auto updates off, selecting the version you want, than uninstalling and reinstalling worked great.

Running 19.5 with the new DF and the client hangs on "receiving and loading configs." after its loaded nav_objects. 

Friend that runs the game for us, rolled back to 19.4 7DTD with the 19.5 DF and its running for him. I do the same, re install the mod - drag drop - and it's still hanging in the same spot now after 20 minutes. Thoughts?

Do a fresh install. Simple as that.

Whenever there is a new alpha update of any kind, ALWAYS fresh install. Don't let the launcher just auto update, don't let steam just auto-update. Back up your saves, uninstall 7DTD, go to your steam folder and delete 7DTD if needed, then download it, THEN apply the mod.

I'm hoping this process will be simpler in A20 as I'm testing some ideas.

1 hour ago, DeeMAWB said:

If you're playing on steam, you  right click 7D2D  from your steam library,  than properties. From there look for Betas, than you can adjust the specific version you want to play. I found that turning auto updates off, selecting the version you want, than uninstalling and reinstalling worked great.

thanks did not know that but now i do thanks

Good daycycle, Citizen!

Luckily we use 7DtD modlauncher, so the whole client/server can stay on 19.4.

There are no other mods, just yours.

Of course we have a problem.

On some Guard Captains when we wanna trade with them, it just exits from that interaction, not showing their inventory - but capturing the camera, and we had to always look at him.

There is movement, we can open inventory, map, etc, but our view is permanently stuck on him, till we relog (which is a long time).

I looked into F1 there is no special error message (all players are admins), tried his other menus, which function well, admin options on him doesn't fix it, like killing him, and relogging doesn't help.

Could you help me with some command to get my view unstuck from him please?

1 hour ago, Normal69 said:

Good daycycle, Citizen!

Luckily we use 7DtD modlauncher, so the whole client/server can stay on 19.4.

There are no other mods, just yours.

Of course we have a problem.

On some Guard Captains when we wanna trade with them, it just exits from that interaction, not showing their inventory - but capturing the camera, and we had to always look at him.

There is movement, we can open inventory, map, etc, but our view is permanently stuck on him, till we relog (which is a long time).

I looked into F1 there is no special error message (all players are admins), tried his other menus, which function well, admin options on him doesn't fix it, like killing him, and relogging doesn't help.

Could you help me with some command to get my view unstuck from him please?

That first line... now I feel like Friend Computer is watching me. I am not ok with this. :D

Exit the game, reboot the server. It's a bug with trader protection being off. If that doesn't work, kill the captain, reboot the server to force respawn.

4 hours ago, executor2 said:

@KhaineGB It seems clicking on a item in the recipes doesn't link you to that item's recipe like it used to do.

Was a nice feature...

That's redbeards active ingredients which I had to remove because it was crashing linux.

You can add the mod yourself if you want.

22 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Do a fresh install. Simple as that.

Whenever there is a new alpha update of any kind, ALWAYS fresh install. Don't let the launcher just auto update, don't let steam just auto-update. Back up your saves, uninstall 7DTD, go to your steam folder and delete 7DTD if needed, then download it, THEN apply the mod.

I'm hoping this process will be simpler in A20 as I'm testing some ideas.

Worked for the first time - then when we ended the server for the night and tried hoping on today, same thing. Keeps hanging on at loading nav_objects. The only way we've been able to get it running though is by running 19.4 7DTD with the newest DF mod. 

4 hours ago, albo28 said:

Im sure this has been asked before.. Im getting the class block growing pant with water error.. help please

This is pretty much always due to a bad install, either client or server depending on how you're playing. You have a required DLL file missing.

58 minutes ago, wafflegazm said:

Worked for the first time - then when we ended the server for the night and tried hoping on today, same thing. Keeps hanging on at loading nav_objects. The only way we've been able to get it running though is by running 19.4 7DTD with the newest DF mod. 

It has to be to do with the twitch integration then, but it's working fine for me.

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

It's an option in sphereii-core.

Mods\2-SphereIICore\Config\blocks.xml

Dunno why people are obsessed with it though when you have an XP bar above your toolbelt. 😛

I always liked it because it helped me know when something was dead vs just being stunned.

7 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Dunno why people are obsessed with it though when you have an XP bar above your toolbelt. 😛

Well , i like to see the number of xp i get , so i can calculate how many times do i have to repeat it until i have my next level
Example xp to next level 100k , zombie gives 1500 xp ( shown in the right bottom corner ) = 66.6 zombies to kill .

Now i don't have to press B twice to see the difference from my XP to next level so i calculate 1 zombie xp :) 

But everyone plays differently and that is fine

10 hours ago, Raheal said:

I always liked it because it helped me know when something was dead vs just being stunned.

That's literally WHY I turned it off.

6 hours ago, executor2 said:

Well , i like to see the number of xp i get , so i can calculate how many times do i have to repeat it until i have my next level
Example xp to next level 100k , zombie gives 1500 xp ( shown in the right bottom corner ) = 66.6 zombies to kill .

Now i don't have to press B twice to see the difference from my XP to next level so i calculate 1 zombie xp :) 

But everyone plays differently and that is fine

Dude. It's not an MMO. You don't have to refine it down to math to calculate the most efficient grind. Just go play the game 😛

sorcery-header-v09-fire.png

A19 SORCERY ICE OVERHAUL (v0.94+)

sorcery-ice-a19-v094.jpg

SORCERY UPDATED - ICE 5/31 (v0.941)

• Added: Ice Element
  • Added: Ice Spells
  • Added: Ice Arrow & Bolt
  • Added: Ice Spell Turret
  • Added: Ice Potions
  • Added: Ice Scrolls
  • Added: New Quests
  • Added: New Runes
  • Added: Class Runes
  • Added: Spell Traps
  • Added: Wisp Entities
  • Added: Shatter Feature
  • Added: Health Bar to Fallen
  • Added: Spell Pushback
  • Added: Fire Element Overhauled 
  • Changes & Fixes: Visit the Discord #Changelog

‼️New game is required‼️

sorcery-class-rune-alchemist.gif

Sorcery-Logo-Menu.png

DF+SORCERY FULL COMPATIBILITY PATCH

• Added: Spell Arrows to Taza's Bow
  • Added: Spell Bolts to Titanium Crossbow
  • Added: Spell Turret Crafting Tiers
  • Added: Spellcast Crafting Tiers
  • Added: Sorcerer Armor Crafting Tiers
  • Added: Missing Spellcast Tier perks
  • Added: Rad Remover to Spellcasts, Spell Turrets
  • Added: Rad Remover disables Fallen Heal Ability (self + allies)
  • Added: Blessed Metal to Spellcasts, Spell Turrets
  • Added: Blessed Metal enables Spells to do double damage against Demons, Undead and Fallen
  • Added: Missing Spell FX on DF Entities
  • Fixed: Spellforges can't be placed (conflict with DF mechanics)
  • Fixed: Spellforge UI now looks and functions as intended

PLAY DARKNESS FALLS WITH SORCERY

If you already have the latest version of the Mod Launcher, simply run it and install Sorcery there. Otherwise, follow these steps to get start:

1.) Download Sorcery: http://download.sorcerymod.com (#📋terms-disclaimer | #📌changelog)
2.) Download Compatibility Patch: http://df-download.sorcerymod.com/
3.) Unzip: Sorcery-master.zip AND SorceryCompatibilityDF.zip
4.) Drag-n-Drop: The single folder (Sorcery), found within the unzipped (Sorcery-master\Mods) folder, directly into the Mods folder (\Darkness_Falls_Directory\Mods). Create the Mods folder here if it doesn't already exist.
5.) Drag-n-Drop: The folder (SorceryCompatibilityDF) directly into the Mods folder (\Darkness_Falls_Directory\Mods) of your Darkness Falls root directory
6.) Verify Mod Path: (\Darkness_Falls_Directory\Mods\Sorcery) + (\Darkness_Falls_Directory\Mods\SorceryCompatibilityDF)
7.) Deport The Undead back to Hell: You're ready to play as a post-apocalyptic harbinger of the elements... may your training commence!

SORCERY+DF SUPPORT

Do NOT bother Khaine about Sorcery+DF compatibility issues or ask for him to make changes between the two. If you're having a problem, or want to request a feature, there are dedicated channels on the Sorcery Discord. I alone update and ensure compatibility between the two.

sorcery-discord-logo.png
Edited by Devrix (see edit history)

1 hour ago, GoldsharkROU said:

Hi!, Is the distribution of minerals like titanium, uranium and plutonium random or are there better areas to look for?

Tks!

I was going to say that's a FAQ but http://darknessfallsmod.com/faqs/ is saying Oops! That page can’t be found.

The various ores have different distributions for each biome. Those three endgame ores are most likely to appear in the wasteland.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Also, new compatibility patch for Sorcery!

(Not sure why Dev's post was deleted. It was not something I requested)

It is against the rules to advertise your own mod in another modder's thread without their approval as it is considered off-topic and also not good netiquette. Dev's post was reported by a user and subsequently hidden. Now that we see your approval we unhid it. Glad everything works smoothly between your two mods. :)