Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

On 6/11/2021 at 7:42 PM, Tsaukpaetra said:

Yeah the first load literally takes forever. My first time took nearly two minutes after I had increased the map sending speed to max. The next time loading in won't take as long, but it still takes a while.

So long as it doesn't pop up the error you'll probably fine just to wait. 

Edit: Yeah, my Medium1 map took just over four minutes to load in according to my stopwatch just now, though that might be partly because this machine has the Ultra textures loading.

Tried this, no dice. My friends waited for 20 minutes and they couldn't join. They were stuck on the "receiving and loading configs" screen the entire time. We tried going for a smaller world (the smallest option available was 6k by 6k i believe) and the results were the same.

Before you look at the server, you should look at your friends first.

Can everyone start a singleplayer DF with the latest version 19.5 ? Or does the friends maybe wanted the server to transfer the mod data to them ? If the server is at your mashine don't forget your upload speed is far slower then you can download.

It is better for an overhaul mod server that all the clients have the nessesary mods installed themself first.

So far i understood you can join your server without problems ?

7 hours ago, Haedene said:

because this machine has the Ultra textures loading.

textures are the problem of the client, the server don't use any textures.

2 hours ago, Haedene said:

Reinstall the server as in reinstalling the mod or reinstalling the mod launcher? Sorry i'm just not sure what you mean

I assumed you're using a dedicated server to play. THAT is what I mean by reinstalling the server.

If you're just hosting via steam, that sounds like a firewall issue you need to resolve.

<Several Edits - I had a problem but trial and errored it out :)

FYI, What's the 'Best Practice' for creating a KingGen map using CP47 + DF Quest POI's.....  Copy DF's POI folder first, then copy in CP47s or vice versa to build the KingGen POI list?

Also FYI, I've run into a game killing bug that crashes 7D2D and corrupts the save game file.  I think it involved starting a A19.4 game, then Steam auto updated to 19.5... then I recopied over the DF update (3.5?) files.   Couldn't duplicate what would cause the crash reliably (I would be running and there would be a game stutter, then 1-2 second freeze, game crash triggering pc reboot).  Didn't seem to be hardware (tested and not happening in anything other than DF.  Clean delete of 7D2D directory / reinstall from Steam / reinstall DF seems to have fixed it.   <shrug>

/can you create a recipe/use for Human Turds found in toilets for the next update?  Gardening... uber buff potion (aka the @%$# Eating Grin)... better grade gunpowder/explosive?

Edited by Lumpus (see edit history)

Thanks.

Sorry, I can't access Discord.  I have an account there tied to my email - but about a year ago they suddenly demanded 'cell phone verification' - and I do not possess a cell phone (never needed one.  So, I can't verify - and cannot login 😕

Discord support was remarkably unhelpful - 'go buy a cell phone'.

Edited by Lumpus (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Lumpus said:

Thanks.

Sorry, I can't access Discord.  I have an account there tied to my email - but about a year ago they suddenly demanded 'cell phone verification' - and I do not possess a cell phone (never needed one.  So, I can't verify - and cannot login 😕

Discord support was remarkably unhelpful - 'go buy a cell phone'.

Do you need a cell phone NUMBER or just the app on your phone?

Cos you can totally just use an android emulator on your PC to do that.

A cell phone number that they can call- nope, not happening, so I'll improvise 😕

I've got a new game built and working ok, KingGen + CP47 + DF... looks good.  Already found Eve and the first Mil bunker in the burnt biome (all accidentally) :)

All good.

When they just want to send an SMS with the code or similar, did you try you regular phone number ? Many phone companies got a text to speech converter that say you the SMS.

Or can't you just create a new email for a new discord account ?

On 6/23/2021 at 5:40 PM, Lumpus said:

A cell phone number that they can call- nope, not happening, so I'll improvise 😕

I've got a new game built and working ok, KingGen + CP47 + DF... looks good.  Already found Eve and the first Mil bunker in the burnt biome (all accidentally) :)

All good.

what is the last quest from eve ? btw

My husband and I started playing the Darkness Falls mod and when the new 19.5 update came out I got an error on my compiter, can't remember what it said, and my game crashed. Tried loading back in and it won't get passed the receiving and loading configs screen. We Were using the 7d2d mod launcher. The error was "modded assembly-csl.dll. skipping compilation". We uninstalled everything, updated everything and it still says same thing. We went back to vanilla and loaded to a previous version and worked fine. Then manually installed the mod and still won't let us connect. We do not have a dedicated server. We've researched and can't find a fix. Can anyone help?

23 hours ago, Croustian68 said:

what is the last quest from eve ? btw

The Reward. Sends you to the small bunker.

18 hours ago, Russian2022 said:

I'm sorry if this is in a previous page. I went through a bunch and didnt see anything about it but is it possible to heal friendly players?  We right click on each other and the health goes up for a few seconds then drops back down. 

Not sure. For some reason it doesn't seem to work on other players but it works on NPC's.

2 hours ago, KittieHardCore said:

My husband and I started playing the Darkness Falls mod and when the new 19.5 update came out I got an error on my compiter, can't remember what it said, and my game crashed. Tried loading back in and it won't get passed the receiving and loading configs screen. We Were using the 7d2d mod launcher. The error was "modded assembly-csl.dll. skipping compilation". We uninstalled everything, updated everything and it still says same thing. We went back to vanilla and loaded to a previous version and worked fine. Then manually installed the mod and still won't let us connect. We do not have a dedicated server. We've researched and can't find a fix. Can anyone help?

Sounds like something still isn't installed properly. Connection issues so far have always been a bad install.

On 6/24/2021 at 3:17 AM, Canute said:

When they just want to send an SMS with the code or similar, did you try you regular phone number ? Many phone companies got a text to speech converter that say you the SMS.

Or can't you just create a new email for a new discord account ?

Yes, tried regular phone number.  Nope.  Even managed to talk to a live support tech (a real pita to do) and explained problem - they didn't care, policies are policies.

Tried creating new Discord account - same problem, must confirm ID with a cell phone.  Gave up.

Point being... Khaine, can you cross post your KingGen files at a secondary site, please?

/now I need to yell at some kids to stay off of my lawn

1 hour ago, Lumpus said:

Yes, tried regular phone number.  Nope.  Even managed to talk to a live support tech (a real pita to do) and explained problem - they didn't care, policies are policies.

FYI, If you Google the keywords "sms online free" you will discover a solution to your problem. I've done this several times in situations where I want to sign up for something but remain anonymous (there's a few other steps that need to be taken in that case). For your situation this would work well. You might have to try a few different numbers before it works but it's not nearly as painful as dealing with tech support. And do not pay or give them any personal info as some of these services are a bit shady :). Cheers!

Hi there, Khain GB.

I just wanted to say thx for that very nice mod.

I'd like 2 support ur work, but I ain't no programmer.

That's why I'd like to bring up this proposal:

Let me do the german translation! 😃

I just saw that some parts are well translated and others are...google-german (?).

So anyway...gimme some text-files in english and some time. I'll do the rest.

Greez and thx again for the great work!

KhaineGB, I was looking over how DF handles food and drink in items.xml and saw two spots where it looked like there were typos in stat names. The lines in question are as follows:

from foodVegetableStew

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyStats" stat="Heakth" operation="add" value="5">

and from drinkYuccaJuiceSmoothie

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyStats" stat="Heakth" operation="add" value="5">

I'm guessing that these should be "Health", and that they're probably not giving the plus 5 they should be, but I'm at work and the moment and can't test it out. Thought you might want to have a look at them.

Thanks again for an awesome overhaul!

5 hours ago, Freund Hein said:

Hi there, Khain GB.

I just saw that some parts are well translated and others are...google-german (?).

Anything not english is google translate. Because I only speak english. Someone did do a german translation earlier but i've edited the files a lot since then.

I wont be sharing the up to date one for a while because I need to wait for the next major 7DTD version to come out.

4 hours ago, Cranberry Monster said:

KhaineGB, I was looking over how DF handles food and drink in items.xml and saw two spots where it looked like there were typos in stat names. The lines in question are as follows:

from foodVegetableStew

and from drinkYuccaJuiceSmoothie

I'm guessing that these should be "Health", and that they're probably not giving the plus 5 they should be, but I'm at work and the moment and can't test it out. Thought you might want to have a look at them.

Thanks again for an awesome overhaul!

Cheers. Will get that fixed

5 hours ago, Freund Hein said:

Hi there, Khain GB.

Hi Freund Hein,

a few months ago I did some german translations (several hundreds, more to go) on 19.2. To to this, I opened and modified translations.txt in Google Sheets, which worked well. But: While I was working on it, Khaine released version 19.3 with a modified localization.txt. So I had to do a diff between my and the new version, which I posted here, and finally found its way into the next release.

This time, A20 is ante portas with many changes in translation, so a diff with 19.5 is probably unpractical. I suggest you wait for A20 and then start translating. Maybe we can share the work, you do some lines, I do others? Khaine, what do you think?

Friend Fal :)

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)