Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

It is against the rules to advertise your own mod in another modder's thread without their approval as it is considered off-topic and also not good netiquette. Dev's post was reported by a user and subsequently hidden. Now that we see your approval we unhid it. Glad everything works smoothly between your two mods. :)

Aha, thanks Roland. :)

Yes, me and Dev work closely to maintain compatibility so I'm 100% ok with him doing that.

Hey,

I've been trying to set this up for a few hours now with no luck.   I initially tried with the 19.5 version.  I had a lot of loading errors upon server creation and it got hung up on creating player.  I also tried running it as admin.

1.  Uninstall 7d2d from Steam.
2.  go into steamapps and manually delete what is left of 7d2d folder
3. in Steam, right click 7d2d > properties > betas > 19.4 stable > click x to close
4. copy 7d2d after it is installed and paste the copy version somewhere else (we will use this one for the overhaul Darkness Falls)
5.  download the Darkness Falls client mod
6.  extract the files into the new 7d2d folder replacing everything it wants to replace
7.  launch the game with the .exe (application) file but NOT the EAC version

this is what I did after ( and the exact message I sent on discord to my group).

I still can't get it to work.  Any help appreciated, it just hangs up at creating player.  There are a lot of NullReferenceException errors.

I used the darkness falls server overhaul because I am hosting the server.

Edited by Jor (see edit history)

err, I was trying to edit my above post and that wasn't successful..  is it timed how long you can edit?

Anyway...  I switched from the Server version of Darkness Falls to the Client version using the above parameters.  I loaded in OK, but the rest of my group was unable to load into my game.  Surprise, surprise, probably because I was using the client instead of the server version.   At this point I have no idea how to proceed.  We are going to run our game on the standard client for now, but we hope there is an answer to fix this as we may still be interested in doing this if another playthrough sounds interesting (lets give it a week or two).

I was monitoring the installation of my wifes client, she is one of our group members, and she followed the above instructions flawlessly.

Just some notes on the latest version.

Performance is way worse than before.

Ores are more scarce and in smaller clusters. (could be bad luck with RNG, but I've never seen this in 5K hours)

Probably vanilla issues, it usually is. Love the mod Khaine and have bought you several coffes over the years.

Thats odd. I've found performance better on 19.5 Not like, highest FPS though. That's about the same. But WAY less FPS dips.

Make sure the game hasn't reset your video settings because it's 100% done that to me before.

11 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Make sure the game hasn't reset your video settings because it's 100% done that to me before.

Yeah it does that quite often so I always check and correct everytime I start playing.

And I do have a computer that is not supposed to run this so I'm not surprised it's getting worse every update.

hi khaineGb, i been using your mods for some time now and last mod i had no issues with but for some reason with the mod. some of the buildings are white before they load in or they look like they are blinking white. i thought it was an error with new update itself so i made a vanilla server but it doesnt do it there. ive uninstalled the game completely reinstalled the mod even started a new world but it doesnt seem to fix the issue. it happens to everyone who enters the server. do you know why it might be?

i am hosting the server from a dedicated machine.

below are the images as i see them

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgCAZ_GawxDRkTVaJZ2f_9qrUhvn

Edited by zeke24
images not showing (see edit history)

Hello , I playing DF for A19.4 version , and i play with my friend use dedicated server , but when blood moon coming , server was very LAG ,zombies doesn't move and server can't shutdown , maybe timeout . can i get some help plz? :D

ServerMaxWorldTransferSpeedKiBs = 1300

My computer is equipped with :

AMD R5-3600

RAM 32G

GPU RTX2070 SUPER

server install in SSD

PS:my English not very well , sorry for the grammar problem

16 hours ago, zeke24 said:

hi khaineGb, i been using your mods for some time now and last mod i had no issues with but for some reason with the mod. some of the buildings are white before they load in or they look like they are blinking white. i thought it was an error with new update itself so i made a vanilla server but it doesnt do it there. ive uninstalled the game completely reinstalled the mod even started a new world but it doesnt seem to fix the issue. it happens to everyone who enters the server. do you know why it might be?

i am hosting the server from a dedicated machine.

below are the images as i see them

White buildings usually means the mod updated over 19.4, not 19.5.

9 hours ago, x1990905 said:

Hello , I playing DF for A19.4 version , and i play with my friend use dedicated server , but when blood moon coming , server was very LAG ,zombies doesn't move and server can't shutdown , maybe timeout . can i get some help plz? :D

ServerMaxWorldTransferSpeedKiBs = 1300

My computer is equipped with :

AMD R5-3600

RAM 32G

GPU RTX2070 SUPER

server install in SSD

PS:my English not very well , sorry for the grammar problem

Check the server settings. It might be an incorrect seetting for bloodmoon.

12 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

White buildings usually means the mod updated over 19.4, not 19.5.

Check the server settings. It might be an incorrect seetting for bloodmoon.

server config was correct setting for the bloodmoon

<!-- Difficulty -->
    <property name="GameDifficulty"                    value="2"/>                    <!-- 0 - 5, 0=easiest, 5=hardest -->
    <property name="BlockDamagePlayer"                value="100" />                <!-- How much damage do players to blocks (percentage in whole numbers) -->
    <property name="BlockDamageAI"                    value="100" />                <!-- How much damage do AIs to blocks (percentage in whole numbers) -->
    <property name="BlockDamageAIBM"                value="100" />                <!-- How much damage do AIs during blood moons to blocks (percentage in whole numbers) -->
    <property name="XPMultiplier"                    value="300" />                <!-- XP gain multiplier (percentage in whole numbers) -->
    <property name="PlayerSafeZoneLevel"            value="5" />                <!-- If a player is less or equal this level he will create a safe zone (no enemies) when spawned -->
    <property name="PlayerSafeZoneHours"            value="5" />                <!-- Hours in world time this safe zone exists -->

<!--  -->
    <property name="BuildCreate"                    value="false" />            <!-- cheat mode on/off -->
    <property name="DayNightLength"                    value="90" />                <!-- real time minutes per in game day: 60 minutes -->
    <property name="DayLightLength"                    value="18" />                <!-- in game hours the sun shines per day: 18 hours day light per in game day -->
    <property name="DropOnDeath"                    value="1" />                <!-- 0 = nothing, 1 = everything, 2 = toolbelt only, 3 = backpack only, 4 = delete all -->
    <property name="DropOnQuit"                        value="0" />                <!-- 0 = nothing, 1 = everything, 2 = toolbelt only, 3 = backpack only -->
    <property name="BedrollDeadZoneSize"            value="15" />                <!-- Size (box "radius", so a box with 2 times the given value for each side's length) of bedroll deadzone, no zombies will spawn inside this area, and any cleared sleeper volumes that touch a bedroll deadzone will not spawn after they've been cleared. -->
    <property name="BedrollExpiryTime"                value="45" />                <!-- Number of days a bedroll stays active after owner was last online -->

<!-- Performance related -->
    <property name="MaxSpawnedZombies"                value="64" />                <!-- This setting covers the entire map. There can only be this many zombies on the entire map at one time. Changing this setting has a huge impact on performance. -->
    <property name="MaxSpawnedAnimals"                value="50" />                <!-- If your server has a large number of players you can increase this limit to add more wildlife. Animals don't consume as much CPU as zombies. NOTE: That this doesn't cause more animals to spawn arbitrarily: The biome spawning system only spawns a certain number of animals in a given area, but if you have lots of players that are all spread out then you may be hitting the limit and can increase it. -->
    <property name="ServerMaxAllowedViewDistance"    value="12" />                <!-- Max viewdistance a client may request (6 - 12). High impact on memory usage and performance. -->

<!-- Zombie settings -->
    <property name="EnemySpawnMode"                    value="true" />                <!-- Enable/Disable enemy spawning -->
    <property name="EnemyDifficulty"                value="0" />                <!-- 0 = Normal, 1 = Feral -->
    <property name="ZombieMove"                        value="0" />                <!-- 0-4 (walk, jog, run, sprint, nightmare) -->
    <property name="ZombieMoveNight"                value="2" />                <!-- 0-4 (walk, jog, run, sprint, nightmare) -->
    <property name="ZombieFeralMove"                value="3" />                <!-- 0-4 (walk, jog, run, sprint, nightmare) -->
    <property name="ZombieBMMove"                    value="3" />                <!-- 0-4 (walk, jog, run, sprint, nightmare) -->
    <property name="BloodMoonFrequency"                value="7" />                <!-- What frequency (in days) should a blood moon take place. Set to "0" for no blood moons -->
    <property name="BloodMoonRange"                    value="0" />                <!-- How many days can the actual blood moon day randomly deviate from the above setting. Setting this to 0 makes blood moons happen exactly each Nth day as specified in BloodMoonFrequency -->
    <property name="BloodMoonWarning"                value="" />                <!-- The Hour number that the red day number begins on a blood moon day. Setting this to -1 makes the red never show.  -->
    <property name="BloodMoonEnemyCount"            value="3" />                <!-- This is the number of zombies that can be alive (spawned at the same time) at any time PER PLAYER during a blood moon horde, however, MaxSpawnedZombies overrides this number in multiplayer games. Also note that your game stage sets the max number of zombies PER PARTY. Low game stage values can result in lower number of zombies than the BloodMoonEnemyCount setting. Changing this setting has a huge impact on performance. -->

<!-- Loot -->
    <property name="LootAbundance"                    value="100" />                <!-- percentage in whole numbers -->
    <property name="LootRespawnDays"                value="30" />                <!-- days in whole numbers -->
    <property name="AirDropFrequency"                value="72"/>                <!-- How often airdrop occur in game-hours, 0 == never -->
    <property name="AirDropMarker"                    value="true"/>                <!-- Sets if a marker is added to map/compass for air drops. -->

<!-- Multiplayer -->
    <property name="PartySharedKillRange"            value="1000"/>                <!-- The distance you must be within to receive party shared kill xp and quest party kill objective credit. -->
    <property name="PlayerKillingMode"                value="2" />                <!-- Player Killing Settings (0 = No Killing, 1 = Kill Allies Only, 2 = Kill Strangers Only, 3 = Kill Everyone) -->

<!-- Land claim options -->
    <property name="LandClaimCount"                    value="1"/>                    <!-- Maximum allowed land claims per player. -->
    <property name="LandClaimSize"                    value="41"/>                <!-- Size in blocks that is protected by a keystone -->
    <property name="LandClaimDeadZone"                value="30"/>                <!-- Keystones must be this many blocks apart (unless you are friends with the other player) -->
    <property name="LandClaimExpiryTime"            value="7"/>                    <!-- The number of days a player can be offline before their claims expire and are no longer protected -->
    <property name="LandClaimDecayMode"                value="0"/>                    <!-- Controls how offline players land claims decay. 0=Slow (Linear) , 1=Fast (Exponential), 2=None (Full protection until claim is expired). -->
    <property name="LandClaimOnlineDurabilityModifier"    value="4"/>                <!-- How much protected claim area block hardness is increased when a player is online. 0 means infinite (no damage will ever be taken). Default is 4x -->
    <property name="LandClaimOfflineDurabilityModifier"    value="4"/>                <!-- How much protected claim area block hardness is increased when a player is offline. 0 means infinite (no damage will ever be taken). Default is 4x -->
    <property name="LandClaimOfflineDelay"            value="0"/>                    <!-- The number of minutes after a player logs out that the land claim area hardness transitions from online to offline. Default is 0 -->

it doesn't work...

x1990905

Do you use you mashine as server or do you have an extra rented server ?

When you use your own mashine as server, what internet connection you got, special the upload part ?

When your friends connect to you, and you have just a small upload speed (like most DSL ) it could be a bottleneck.

You should monitor the upload to verify that maybe.

If you use an external server, that server might be to weak. DF use alot more RAM compared to vanilla 7D2D.

<property name="BloodMoonWarning"                value="" />                <!-- The Hour number that the red day number begins on a blood moon day. Setting this to -1 makes the red never show.  -->

^ incorrect setting here. You need to put a number or -1 to turn it off, not leave it blank.

KhaineGB, I recently started playing Darkness Falls and just wanted to thank you for this awesome overhaul. I didn't start playing 7D2D until A17, so it's nice to experience some features similar to what my old-timer friends described. On an unrelated note, I got both the lathe and a watch mod on Day 4 while madly searching for a wrench (which I also scored). I'm never going to get that lucky again in DF, am I?

3 hours ago, Cranberry Monster said:

KhaineGB, I recently started playing Darkness Falls and just wanted to thank you for this awesome overhaul. I didn't start playing 7D2D until A17, so it's nice to experience some features similar to what my old-timer friends described. On an unrelated note, I got both the lathe and a watch mod on Day 4 while madly searching for a wrench (which I also scored). I'm never going to get that lucky again in DF, am I?

Glad you're anjoying it.

And yes, that's very good luck. Don't expect it again. :D

2 minutes ago, Aldebaran12345 said:

@KhaineGB is this a new feature or a bug? The zombies and animals are healing to full health almost immediately. It's literally game breaking. Hahaha! We were up against an unkillable bear on our first week ingame.

Only demon ones should be doing that. It's not doing it for me or anyone else.

@KhaineGBI want to play DF with friends and rent a server, I installed the server version of the mod and whenever I try to use one of the DF maps, I end up with no land except for the buidlings poled up on. Neither map does work. Only Navezgane was working with the mod, but I want to use a DF map. Do you have any advice?

Edited by MsZamurey (see edit history)

23 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

^ incorrect setting here. You need to put a number or -1 to turn it off, not leave it blank.

oh i fix it , but it didn't work :(

2021-06-07T22:23:06 277.638 INF PlayerSpawnedInWorld (reason: JoinMultiplayer, position: -716, 95, -3531): EntityID=1768, PlayerID='76561198103412276', OwnerID='76561198103412276', PlayerName='YeeLin'
2021-06-07T22:23:06 277.687 INF Party of 1, game stage 247, enemy max 900, bonus every 1000
2021-06-07T22:23:06 277.687 INF Party members: 
2021-06-07T22:23:06 277.687 INF Player id 1768, gameStage 247
2021-06-07T22:23:10 282.355 INF BloodMoonParty: SpawnZombie grp 0 BMHordeGS240 (count 1, numToSpawn 125, maxAlive 60), cnt 1, legendaryZombieUtilityWorkerBM, loot 0.3, at player 1768, day/time 43 23:27
2021-06-07T22:23:12 284.451 INF BloodMoonParty: SpawnZombie grp 0 BMHordeGS240 (count 2, numToSpawn 125, maxAlive 60), cnt 2, zombieSoldierRadiatedBM, loot 0.3, at player 1768, day/time 43 23:28
2021-06-07T22:23:13 285.409 INF BloodMoonParty: SpawnZombie grp 0 BMHordeGS240 (count 3, numToSpawn 125, maxAlive 60), cnt 3, zombieMaleHazmatRadiatedBM, loot 0.3, at player 1768, day/time 43 23:28
2021-06-07T22:23:14 286.509 INF BloodMoonParty: SpawnZombie grp 0 BMHordeGS240 (count 4, numToSpawn 125, maxAlive 60), cnt 4, zombieArleneRadiatedBM, loot 0.3, at player 1768, day/time 43 23:28
2021-06-07T22:23:16 287.703 INF BloodMoonParty: SpawnZombie grp 0 BMHordeGS240 (count 5, numToSpawn 125, maxAlive 60), cnt 5, zombieYoFeralBM, loot 0.25, at player 1768, day/time 43 23:28
2021-06-07T22:23:16 288.423 INF BloodMoonParty: SpawnZombie grp 0 BMHordeGS240 (count 6, numToSpawn 125, maxAlive 60), cnt 6, legendaryZombieUtilityWorkerBM, loot 0.3, at player 1768, day/time 43 23:29
2021-06-07T22:23:18 289.888 INF BloodMoonParty: SpawnZombie grp 0 BMHordeGS240 (count 7, numToSpawn 125, maxAlive 60), cnt 7, zombieStripperFeralBM, loot 0.25, at player 1768, day/time 43 23:29
2021-06-07T22:23:19 290.747 INF BloodMoonParty: SpawnZombie grp 0 BMHordeGS240 (count 8, numToSpawn 125, maxAlive 60), cnt 8, zombieSnowFeralBM, loot 0.25, at player 1768, day/time 43 23:29

server windows show last command and it LAG.  it's to much zombie?