Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

5 hours ago, Mattyratty said:

Just set up a multiplayer server yesterday and a friend of mine keeps getting 'DarknessFallsCore not found on block cropsGrowingMaster' spammed in the console then gets disconnected. I'm assuming this is a problem with the installation of the mod itself and not the downloads specifically. 

He's installing through 7D2D Mod launcher and has reinstalled both the mod and the game twice. He's on the Steam version and just bought the game yesterday.

He should start a singleplayer game before he try to join the server.

At this way he can be sure he installed it correct.

Maybe you should watch him with a shared desktop view (Teamview,skype,discord (maybe) ) to watch his steps with the installation. Since anything is working fine at your side you installed it correct.

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

16 hours ago, Mattyratty said:

Hey, 

Firstly thanks KhaineGB for making such a good mod. It's fully reinvigorated the game for me and I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

Just set up a multiplayer server yesterday and a friend of mine keeps getting 'DarknessFallsCore not found on block cropsGrowingMaster' spammed in the console then gets disconnected. I'm assuming this is a problem with the installation of the mod itself and not the downloads specifically. 

He's installing through 7D2D Mod launcher and has reinstalled both the mod and the game twice. He's on the Steam version and just bought the game yesterday.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Image of the error messages in spoiler.

Hey!

Indeed.

I've used the 7DtD modlauncher, and had a similar problem, so what went with me was:

-downloaded, installed and started modlauncher

-selected Darkness Falls, and made a copy of the vanilla game via the button

-did something other for a long time, like watching videos, reading a good book, ate dinner, et cetera

-looked back, and after checking the copy was made, I pushed the Preload Mod button

-did something other for a long time, like watching videos, reading a good book, ate dinner, et cetera

-everything was fine, started singleplayer, it worked all right, then connected to the server

BUT the first time when the error happened, I wasn't doing "something other for a long time, like watching videos, reading a good book, ate dinner, et cetera" and must have clicked start play before the actualpre-installation had run it's course.

For example second time I've noticed a CMD window opening, downloading and installing several parts, which I wasn't letting to run it's course first time.

Hope this defuses the confusion, and diffuse the obtrusion.

5 hours ago, morph said:

Someone posted a link to page with 7d2d latest Alpha seeds in with weird names like ZombieSalami on it.... Can you repost it please? I've lost the page.. 🙄

Use that "ZombieSalami" and put it at the search box at the top right. Then search everywhere and you might find it.

Some things we discovered while playing:

In the trader POI where the walls are from thick pointy logs the guards are shooting mainly the tips of those logs before them. Perhaps a quick fix to place guards on the top of the fences instead behind them?

If we scrap any guns we get scrap metal only - where could they be disassembled to parts?

What do you think about night vision as a helmet-mod instead of an eyeglass-slot item?

Muscle car gets damaged when hitting and running over zombies. Doesn't seems to be immersive. (I feel a mecha-spider is out of the question?)

Perhaps a bigger (like big forge) storage with a bigger inventory? I've heard you grumble over it, a quality of life furniture?

Guards don't shoot at predatory animals - we had some hilarous moments when a bear was waiting for our soldier inside his trader-base. :D

Plus he has Meatloaf, a tame direwolf, which can be bribed with meat to accompany him - but it just stands there, taking hits. Please fix if you can, I dream of a cow-army!

(we have a honest builder, and I am the homeless hobo)

Playing, watching, testing.

Edited by Normal69 (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Normal69 said:

Some things we discovered while playing:

In the trader POI where the walls are from thick pointy logs the guards are shooting mainly the tips of those logs before them. Perhaps a quick fix to place guards on the top of the fences instead behind them?

If we scrap any guns we get scrap metal only - where could they be disassembled to parts?

What do you think about night vision as a helmet-mod instead of an eyeglass-slot item?

Muscle car gets damaged when hitting and running over zombies. Doesn't seems to be immersive. (I feel a mecha-spider is out of the question?)

Perhaps a bigger (like big forge) storage with a bigger inventory? I've heard you grumble over it, a quality of life furniture?

Guards don't shoot at predatory animals - we had some hilarous moments when a bear was waiting for our soldier inside his trader-base. :D

Plus he has Meatloaf, a tame direwolf, which can be bribed with meat to accompany him - but it just stands there, taking hits. Please fix if you can, I dream of a cow-army!

(we have a honest builder, and I am the homeless hobo)

Playing, watching, testing.

1) Guards are already planned to be removed.
2) That's intended since the parts are made from steel.
3) Actually already done it for the next major version.
4) All vehicles do. That's the way the game works. Not a lot I can do about it.
5) Look up lockable storage.

My first quest to meet a trader took me to Trader Jen, and I cannot talk to her at all. I cannot complete the quest, nor use her as a trader. 

EDIT: I started a new game and rushed to the trader to confirm it was just Jen, but it was not. I cannot speak to trader Hugh either and I know people can talk to him. I will investigate the issue but if anyone here knows why I cannot speak to them I would appreciate the help. I will edit this post when I resolve the issue. 

Edited by AegisKuriea
More info (see edit history)

2 hours ago, corona9800 said:

has anyone tested any modlets like creature pack with darkness falls just wondering whats avaiable

On the Mod Forum is tells you what Modlets that have been tested. Sorry not trying to be a jerk, but KhaneGB states any others than what he has tested are experimental, and use at your own risk.

1 hour ago, OG_BileOne said:

On the Mod Forum is tells you what Modlets that have been tested. Sorry not trying to be a jerk, but KhaneGB states any others than what he has tested are experimental, and use at your own risk.

yea i understand all off that i was just wanting to know if anything workrd i take eveything and make it work i can work and do files to make it work just tring to save time

6 hours ago, corona9800 said:

has anyone tested any modlets like creature pack with darkness falls just wondering whats avaiable

Most wont work. Pretty sure creature pack does with some edits.

4 hours ago, AegisKuriea said:

My first quest to meet a trader took me to Trader Jen, and I cannot talk to her at all. I cannot complete the quest, nor use her as a trader. 

EDIT: I started a new game and rushed to the trader to confirm it was just Jen, but it was not. I cannot speak to trader Hugh either and I know people can talk to him. I will investigate the issue but if anyone here knows why I cannot speak to them I would appreciate the help. I will edit this post when I resolve the issue. 

If you have that, log out and back in. If that doesn't work, kill the trader, log out and back in.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Most wont work. Pretty sure creature pack does with some edits.

If you have that, log out and back in. If that doesn't work, kill the trader, log out and back in.

Yup that fixed it, just needed the relog. Thanks :)

I had the game working fine for over two weeks, then all of a sudden the mod stops working and causes 7D2D to crash, I've tried everything from clean installing, to not using mod launcher, and nothing works it always crashes when initializing world...anyone know what to do?

On 5/18/2021 at 4:41 AM, KhaineGB said:

1) Guards are already planned to be removed.
2) That's intended since the parts are made from steel.
3) Actually already done it for the next major version.
4) All vehicles do. That's the way the game works. Not a lot I can do about it.
5) Look up lockable storage.

Thanks!

You seem to missed these:

"Guards don't shoot at predatory animals - we had some hilarous moments when a bear was waiting for our soldier inside his trader-base. :D

Plus he has Meatloaf, a tame direwolf, which can be bribed with meat to accompany him - but it just stands there, taking hits. Please fix if you can, I dream of a cow-army!"

1) I am sad

2) so low quality guns should be used for combining-repair?

3) happy face

4) sad face

5) don't seem to be bigger by a noticeable amount