Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

56 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

Hi Freund Hein,

a few months ago I did some german translations (several hundreds, more to go) on 19.2. To to this, I opened and modified translations.txt in Google Sheets, which worked well. But: While I was working on it, Khaine released version 19.3 with a modified localization.txt. So I had to do a diff between my and the new version, which I posted here, and finally found its way into the next release.

This time, A20 is ante portas with many changes in translation, so a diff with 19.5 is probably unpractical. I suggest you wait for A20 and then start translating. Maybe we can share the work, you do some lines, I do others? Khaine, what do you think?

Friend Fal :)

Thx 'n agreed. So we'll keep in touch. About the next update I'll come back from time to time to check if there's an english update. From there on I can work nicely with the original english text-files (html...xml...whatever).

Somethin' different: I started a server for first time on my own. Got several issues, starting with "unable to preload the following plugins: #011libmouselib.so"

and gettin' followed by about 40 entries reporting unsupported shaders for autodesk.

1. 011libmouselib.so is a library of some sort and not having it found means, that somethin'' went wrong during install process, right?

2. The mod is also as server-version dropped directly into the root-directory (in my case: "7daysserver"). Right?

Edited by Freund Hein (see edit history)

On 6/23/2021 at 8:05 AM, KhaineGB said:

Use this for kinggen: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/414452645521260546/848276029813293086/DFCPList

19.4 to 19.5 save compatibility was never guaranteed. A restart is always recommended going between sub versions.

Turds have a use for the next major version.

Does this list include all the compopack stuff like your built in maps labelled 1 or is it more like the handpicked ones in your maps labelled 2? (hope I didn't get those backwards)

I've been playing a RWG 6k map in DF and I'm getting a bit frustrated. I cannot find the portable lathe anywhere!

Any hints on how improve my odds of finding one?

I've hit up houses, banks, izea's, firehalls, construction sites, shotgun messiah's and pass-n-gas's plenty of times without success.

Level 92, game stage 204.

64 rekt faction score (but zero for the others, gonna try doing about 20 for each of the rest next).

I also found Eve, and cleared the lab, but have not unlocked access to the bunker yet. I've not yet found Caitlin either, I have to make rad mods first.

I'm ready to just spawn one in because I'm having to take on low level demons with an AK-47 and I'm barely holding out (just took on 4 yesterday, but the poi was big enough to run around until i could focus fire one at a time (still needed a reload to finish each one off). The high school had a Behemoth at the end, was not a good time.

Hello, 
I would like to play with my husband, but we have a similar problem to Haedene.
We cannot reach each other via steam or dedicated server.
We remain on the "recption and loading of parameters" screen. 
We have deactivated the firewall and we have the same version.

Thank you for your answers, and sorry for my bad english i'm french ^^ !!

And we can play solo each on our side. 

On 6/23/2021 at 8:05 AM, KhaineGB said:

Use this for kinggen: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/414452645521260546/848276029813293086/DFCPList

19.4 to 19.5 save compatibility was never guaranteed. A restart is always recommended going between sub versions.

Turds have a use for the next major version.

Just a headsup, this list will spawn Kaytlyn (spelling?) outside of the Wasteland. Generated a map using it, quest brought me to a Kaytlyn in the desert. Feels like cheating haha

Khaine heres hoping you can help, ive scoured this forum looking for answers and the closest one ive seen is probably a bad install, which to be fair im not tech savvy.

Issue im running into, When i download 19.5 zipped files it seems to be missing a few folders as double checked with survival buddy and his files. when i unzip the download the files missing are your custom worlds folders. Also pontentially due to watercropgrowth mentioned in previous post that error seems to say im missing the DLL? but that was for a linux user so unkown if related. I have also received an error upon trying to open new world missingentity succubus behemoth etc for the custom mobs. any thoughts would be awesome. to narrow down what actions ive taken includes full wipe of anything 7Days on my PC redownload and install ditto for the DF19.5, Also tried to install from modlauncher and for some reason launcher seems to take prompt to hide files behind an A18 folder and i think its taking startup commands from said A18 again uninstalled reinstalled and ***pthbbbt nada, either way thank you for your time 

Hey Khaine, absolute brilliant work with this mod. Such a massive improvement on the vanilla game it’s ridiculous. I played this game on console first but watching all the videos of the DF mod made me switch to PC as soon as I could. 

I had a question regarding demon portals/demonic essence. I’m playing DF Medium map 2, 7DTD is on A19, day 53. The roads don’t seem to go too far into the wasteland so I’ve just been running around all over trying to locate any demon portals (I know they exist in the bunkers, I’ve cleared 1 of 3 bunkers so far and destroyed the one portal). I haven’t seen a single demon portal out in the wasteland though and can’t seem to find too much info on the topic. Are there still demon portals in the mod or were they removed? Do they only spawn after a certain game stage or after clearing all the bunkers or something? Is there any other way to get demonic essence? I’ve been hunting demons in the wasteland for awhile and have yet to see any drop. 

Thank you, keep up the amazing work.

Edited by Xpheolix (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Xpheolix said:

Hey Khaine, absolute brilliant work with this mod. Such a massive improvement on the vanilla game it’s ridiculous. I played this game on console first but watching all the videos of the DF mod made me switch to PC as soon as I could. 

I had a question regarding demon portals/demonic essence. I’m playing DF Medium map 2, 7DTD is on A19, day 53. The roads don’t seem to go too far into the wasteland so I’ve just been running around all over trying to locate any demon portals (I know they exist in the bunkers, I’ve cleared 1 of 3 bunkers so far and destroyed the one portal). I haven’t seen a single demon portal out in the wasteland though and can’t seem to find too much info on the topic. Are there still demon portals in the mod or were they removed? Do they only spawn after a certain game stage or after clearing all the bunkers or something? Is there any other way to get demonic essence? I’ve been hunting demons in the wasteland for awhile and have yet to see any drop. 

Thank you, keep up the amazing work.

17 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

Some months ago, Khaine wrote that additional portals should spawn in the wasteland and that they are huge. I never found one, and I don't know how they look like. Any hints?

They're big so they need a good, flat space of land to spawn.

They look like the thing on the main menu.

Hey Khaine ive downloaded and redownloaded the link 15 times in the last 3 days those folders for your DFmaps are not coming through is there anything you can think of that may help download the full zipped files, thanks again for taking the time to make this for everyone 

Mostly figured it out bro, i found a bunch of the missing files. however when i try to load a new world im still getting a growingcrops error also still missing entity demon behemoth etc then the prefab blocks error that the log skips and then a Nullreference error repeated. 

Ive been going through all files with my survival buddy to see if we can find whats missing and in my tempmods folder when properties are viewed with read only unchecked and applied it reveals a folder on his computer but not on mine it is a  (.git) folder with 28 files 15 folders 3.17 Gigs size that doesnt appear in any of my folders i tried to get him to send it to me but all of our methods are less than a gig at a time and the majority of it is 3.1 G in this pack and we cant figure how to share this one

pack-469b96571934d68762c8068cbe2a8b0a392f95f8.pack

thanks again 

1 hour ago, HavocRIP said:

Mostly figured it out bro, i found a bunch of the missing files. however when i try to load a new world im still getting a growingcrops error also still missing entity demon behemoth etc then the prefab blocks error that the log skips and then a Nullreference error repeated. 

Ive been going through all files with my survival buddy to see if we can find whats missing and in my tempmods folder when properties are viewed with read only unchecked and applied it reveals a folder on his computer but not on mine it is a  (.git) folder with 28 files 15 folders 3.17 Gigs size that doesnt appear in any of my folders i tried to get him to send it to me but all of our methods are less than a gig at a time and the majority of it is 3.1 G in this pack and we cant figure how to share this one

pack-469b96571934d68762c8068cbe2a8b0a392f95f8.pack

thanks again 

The contents of the .git folder is not necessary for the mod. It is the data of a version control system that is used in software development to keep track of all versions made of the software while it is developed.