Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

@KhaineGB Hey there,

First off, let me just say that I have been playing 7DTD since Alpha 16, and this mod has re-energized my enthusiasm for the game.

I have an issue when playing DF however. Anytime i go into the trader, as soon as I hit "E" to speak with the trader, my game freezes and eventually crashes on me. I have forced it to open in Direct X 10, turned my video settings to the lowest possible iteration, and downloaded and reinstalled DF and 7DTD multiple times now. Any ideas what might be causing my client to crash. I only play in single player, so its not a server issue for sure.

TIA for any assistance anyone may be able to render regarding this issue.

MarlboroMan67

Try increasing the max spawned zombies setting to 100 and see if that helps

11 hours ago, marlboroman1967 said:

@KhaineGB Hey there,

First off, let me just say that I have been playing 7DTD since Alpha 16, and this mod has re-energized my enthusiasm for the game.

I have an issue when playing DF however. Anytime i go into the trader, as soon as I hit "E" to speak with the trader, my game freezes and eventually crashes on me. I have forced it to open in Direct X 10, turned my video settings to the lowest possible iteration, and downloaded and reinstalled DF and 7DTD multiple times now. Any ideas what might be causing my client to crash. I only play in single player, so its not a server issue for sure.

MarlboroMan67

Are you on linux? Doesn't sound like it since you mention DX10 but thought it was worth an ask.

20 hours ago, marlboroman1967 said:

Hey bud, have u tried checking the output log to see if theres anything u can see there that might be crashing the game. does it crash or  does it send u back to the main menu, a couple of my buddies have this issue, through server console it says its steam side. Although u play solo technically i believe u create a server where u can still invite buddies and such.

2021-06-05T07:55:39 94917.562 INF [Steamworks.NET] Authentication callback. ID: , owner: , result: k_EAuthSessionResponseAuthTicketCanceled
2021-06-05T07:55:39 94917.563 INF [Steamworks.NET] Kick player for invalid login: 
2021-06-05T07:55:39 94917.563 INF [Auth] Steam authorization failed: EntityID=5576, PlayerID

11 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Try increasing the max spawned zombies setting to 100 and see if that helps

Are you on linux? Doesn't sound like it since you mention DX10 but thought it was worth an ask.

I will try increasing the number of spawns.  I am not on Linux. I am on Win10. 64bit, update 20H2.

2 hours ago, zeke24 said:

Hey bud, have u tried checking the output log to see if theres anything u can see there that might be crashing the game. does it crash or  does it send u back to the main menu, a couple of my buddies have this issue, through server console it says its steam side. Although u play solo technically i believe u create a server where u can still invite buddies and such.

2021-06-05T07:55:39 94917.562 INF [Steamworks.NET] Authentication callback. ID: , owner: , result: k_EAuthSessionResponseAuthTicketCanceled
2021-06-05T07:55:39 94917.563 INF [Steamworks.NET] Kick player for invalid login: 
2021-06-05T07:55:39 94917.563 INF [Auth] Steam authorization failed: EntityID=5576, PlayerID

I have not checked the output log yet, but I will do that now.

Hey there, newcomer to this mod. I run a vanilla server and the group decided to try this mod. So far they're really liking their plays in client-hosted mode, and have asked me to put up the server so they don't have to keep running it themselves.

I'm running Ubuntu 20.04 with 10 GB of RAM, plenty of swap (because I saw how much this thing gobbles). However I'm apparently having issues getting the server to do such simple tasks like loading the core XML files.

I've submitted a ticket on the GitLab project but I guess that's not the place to solicit help so here I am. :D

In summary, server essentially falls over because it can't load things like blocks.xml, and even though it lists itself and clients can (try to) join, it basically doesn't work. No explicit crash (well, besides the exception handler swallowing things will unhelpful messages), and I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong.

Log pastebin for the server is https://pastebin.com/ckAcXvGf

Server config xml is https://pastebin.com/Ub0YWACy

Steps I followed was duplicate the Steam vanilla server files, git clone the repo and copy everything into the copy, adjust the serverconfig.xml file and attempt to start the server.

Any idea on how I can begin diagnosing the issue?

1 hour ago, Tsaukpaetra said:

[..]

[..]

This logs mentions the mod "ActiveIngredients", which is known to break linux und therefore is removed from DF 3.5/A19.5. I suggest you try updating server and clients to vanilla 19.5 and then install DF servermaster/clientmaster (or if you have to stay with 19.4 for some reasons, remove the mod active ingredients from server and clients).

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Tsaukpaetra said:

Hey there, newcomer to this mod. I run a vanilla server and the group decided to try this mod. So far they're really liking their plays in client-hosted mode, and have asked me to put up the server so they don't have to keep running it themselves.

I'm running Ubuntu 20.04 with 10 GB of RAM, plenty of swap (because I saw how much this thing gobbles). However I'm apparently having issues getting the server to do such simple tasks like loading the core XML files.

I've submitted a ticket on the GitLab project but I guess that's not the place to solicit help so here I am. :D

In summary, server essentially falls over because it can't load things like blocks.xml, and even though it lists itself and clients can (try to) join, it basically doesn't work. No explicit crash (well, besides the exception handler swallowing things will unhelpful messages), and I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong.

Server config xml is https://pastebin.com/Ub0YWACy

Steps I followed was duplicate the Steam vanilla server files, git clone the repo and copy everything into the copy, adjust the serverconfig.xml file and attempt to start the server.

2021-06-10T07:58:18 6.959 EXC Class 'BlockPlantGrowingWithWater, Harmony-0-DarknessFallsCore' not found on block cropsGrowingMaster!
Exception: Class 'BlockPlantGrowingWithWater, Harmony-0-DarknessFallsCore' not found on block cropsGrowingMaster!

You're missing DLL files.

7 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

2021-06-10T07:58:18 6.959 EXC Class 'BlockPlantGrowingWithWater, Harmony-0-DarknessFallsCore' not found on block cropsGrowingMaster!
Exception: Class 'BlockPlantGrowingWithWater, Harmony-0-DarknessFallsCore' not found on block cropsGrowingMaster!

You're missing DLL files.

Which is strange because... I don't think I am?

spacer.png

Unless that's not actually where it's supposed to be?

It is though because the server sends the XML to the client and if the client has a missing or bad DLL, you get that error.

I'm not being a @%$#, but in the past 3-ish years of the mod using custom code, a DLL file error like is ALWAYS "bad or missing."

It's that simple.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Just now, KhaineGB said:

It is though because the server sends the XML to the client and if the client has a missing or bad DLL, you get that error.

I haven't even connected a client yet. This is the straight-up server log. So, the server itself is not Loading the mod that it says it's loaded? 

Then, again, you have a bad or missing file on the server. Did you make sure to overwrite the assembly_csharp file? Because your log isn't loading ANY of the custom code.

Here's an example. You're missing ALL OF THIS.

Adjusting 20 to 100
Done with 20 to 100
Adjusting 1 to 10
Done with 1 to 10
Adjusting 2 to 1
Done with 2 to 1
Adjusting 2 to 1
Done with 2 to 1
Adjusting 3 to 1
Done with 3 to 1
Patching...
Patch done
Patching...
Patch done
Patching UpdateWheelsCollision()
Patching...
Adjusting 6500 to 13000
Done With Patching UpdateWheelsCollision()
Patching OnCollisionForward ()
Patching...
Adjusting 0.8 to 10
Done With Patching OnCollisionForward ()
Fallback handler could not load library D:/7DTD-A19.5b60-DF-Client/7DaysToDie_Data/Mono/data-0000023454CD2020.dll
Patch 1
Patching...
Patch done
Patch 2
Patching...
Patch done
Patch 3
Patching...
Patch done
Patch 5
Patching...
Patch done
Patch 6
Patching...
Patch done
Patch 7
Patching...
Patch done
Patch 8
Patching...
Patch done
Patch 9
Patching...
Patch done
Patching PUBLIC_SLOTS()
Adjusting 10 to 15
Adjusting 20 to 30
Done With Patching PUBLIC_SLOTS()
Patching PlayerMoveController.Update for shift and number on 15 slot toolbelt
Done with patching PlayerMoveController.Update
 Loading Patch: SphereIICore_Init
 Loading Patch: SphereII_CaveProject+SphereII_CaveProject_Init
 Loading Patch: SphereII_RemoveTraderProtection+SphereII_RemoveTraderProtection_Start
 Loading Patch: Khaine_ExtraForgeSlotsPatch+Khaine_ExtraForgeSlots_Init
Adjusting 6 to 12
Done with 6 to 12
Done with 3 to 6 [1]
Done with 3 to 6 [2]
Done with 3 to 6 [3]
 Loading Patch: LargerFOV_Init
2021-06-10T22:34:40 2.051 INF Pre-initiliazing configuration values
2021-06-10T22:34:40 2.052 INF D:\7DTD-A19.5b60-DF-Client
2021-06-10T22:34:40 2.060 WRN  Loading Patch: mythixscoutsmod+scoutsmod
2021-06-10T22:34:40 2.061 WRN @1
Scoutsmod patch 2
Patching...
Patch done

Which would imply you didn't replace the assembly_csharp file in <server directory>/7DaystoDieServer_Data/Managed

13 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Did you make sure to overwrite the assembly_csharp file?

(Facepalms) apparently the copy code prioritized the vanilla server files over the mod files, and it's not obvious the priority was backwards until I inspected the file to confirm which version was kept. 

Ugh, you would think a message like "tried to patch assembly-sharp.DLLfailed,mismatch version" would be a thing but I suppose it would be too tedious to track versions like that. 

The server is now loading properly.  🎉

Thanks for running the "did you actually follow the installation procedures" stick with me.  👍

Hello. I am new to 7 days modding and me and my friends decided to try this mod out. We are using the 7d2d mod launcher (I don't know if that makes a difference) and we can launch the mod. The problem that we're having is joining each others worlds. We all get stuck on a "receiving and loading configs" screen. Is there anyway to fix this?

24 minutes ago, Haedene said:

We all get stuck on a "receiving and loading configs" screen

Yeah the first load literally takes forever. My first time took nearly two minutes after I had increased the map sending speed to max. The next time loading in won't take as long, but it still takes a while.

So long as it doesn't pop up the error you'll probably fine just to wait. 

Edit: Yeah, my Medium1 map took just over four minutes to load in according to my stopwatch just now, though that might be partly because this machine has the Ultra textures loading.

Edited by Tsaukpaetra (see edit history)

Has anyone successfully attempted to patch: "Weapon/Hands FOV (Camera Distance) Changer" into DF?

I've tried via DMT, which is a no go with the "assembly already patched with SDX etc."

Also tried Khaines suggestion of patch on clean install of 7 Days (both on 19.4), then copy mod over, which gives a wall of red text:

Wtf is this.png