Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

1 hour ago, user2010 said:

You are trying to compare, something that cannot be compared! The 3.40 mod for this alpha is 50 percent different from at least alpha 18! You are trying to advertise me a mod that I went through 10 times! Now everything is outdated in this fashion! It needs to be radically altered, but at the moment - the production of patches is taking place! So be objective!

I respect your opinion as much as I respectfully disagree with it. I have been playing the mod for quite some time and remain highly satisfied with the quality of the current build and future plans to the point I support its development with Patreon. All of us here are, of course, here, there, and elsewhere are welcome to criticize and suggest ideas, but this should be done in an appropriate and courteous manner. This is no advertisement, as you say, given that this is a free to play mod and you may do so at your own discretion. All the best.

22 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Mod boots on A19.5...
7DaysToDie_dZkQMYx9ve.thumb.png.942a4cbd989be488203c54af0428b302.png

And my Youtube save APPEARS to be intact!
7DaysToDie_6DzCtUQXdB.thumb.png.9f436154f19bd8de82be4d7a6c399672.png

Outstanding, can’t wait to try it out! Lucky JaWoodle finished his run before the coilsniper change 😂. Will give this a shot after my current survivalist run. Doubt I will make it far on insane but worth a try before a break before A20 comes out. Thanks so much!

Might be a complete noob question. But I have opted into the latest experimental on Steam for 19.5. I am using the mod launcher to run Darkness Falls and after the Steam update I hit the Pre-Sync thinking that might bring it over to the launcher and the game is still loading as 19.4. How do I fix this? Thank you for any and all help.

1 minute ago, KhaineGB said:

That's because the 19.5 version of DF is not out yet.

I NEVER release for experimental branches.

Ah, makes since. Just thought since you posted that it loaded in 19.5 that it was released. Thank you for the quick reply. I'm enjoying this mod!! Thank you for all the work you do.

7 hours ago, user2010 said:

You are trying to compare, something that cannot be compared! The 3.40 mod for this alpha is 50 percent different from at least alpha 18! You are trying to advertise me a mod that I went through 10 times! Now everything is outdated in this fashion! It needs to be radically altered, but at the moment - the production of patches is taking place! So be objective!

I think you need to go make your own mod. You clearly have no respect for the work put into this one. Until you actually do something this extensive, you have no business coming in here and whining about anything. You don't even understand how certain features may not work when new alphas are released. 

This is you right now: "Waaaaahhhh, a feature I liked two alphas ago isn't here, put it back now! I don't like this new feature, take it out! Do what I say, because despite never creating anything, I know better! Waaaahahhhhh!"

Don't like the hazmat armor mods? How about you make a DF mod that removes them from crafting and stop crying about it? Can't do it? How about you IGNORE THEM?

23 minutes ago, Nuellsz said:

Quick Question

Does the portal inside the bunker respawn?

nonetheless absolutely beast of a mod. Loved it, been playing it a lot ever since.

It does not. The ones that spawn out in the wilderness do though (and spawn tougher enemies!)

9 minutes ago, SrslyGTFO said:

I think you need to go make your own mod. You clearly have no respect for the work put into this one. Until you actually do something this extensive, you have no business coming in here and whining about anything. You don't even understand how certain features may not work when new alphas are released. 

This is you right now: "Waaaaahhhh, a feature I liked two alphas ago isn't here, put it back now! I don't like this new feature, take it out! Do what I say, because despite never creating anything, I know better! Waaaahahhhhh!"

Don't like the hazmat armor mods? How about you make a DF mod that removes them from crafting and stop crying about it? Can't do it? How about you IGNORE THEM?

He's done something similiar in the War of the Walkers thread too. Haven't checked RH, but I can't see Jax standing for that tbh. ;)

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

It does not. The ones that spawn out in the wilderness do though (and spawn tougher enemies!)

Despite hundreds of hours in DF I never found a portal in the wilderness. Do they exist in every map? And where?

15 hours ago, Thomill said:

Я уважаю ваше мнение так же сильно, как и не согласен с ним. Я играю в этот мод довольно давно и остаюсь очень доволен качеством текущей сборки и планами на будущее до такой степени, что я поддерживаю его разработку с помощью Patreon. Все мы здесь, конечно, здесь, там и где-то еще, можем критиковать и предлагать идеи, но это должно быть сделано в надлежащей и вежливой манере. Это не реклама, как вы говорите, учитывая, что это бесплатный мод, и вы можете делать это по своему усмотрению. Всего наилучшего.

The scariest and meanest things in the world are stupidity and shortsightedness!
In addition to the enthusiastic cry, and offended comments addressed to me!
NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A concrete answer to my points of criticism of the mod! Although, if you raise the story, there were many specific proposals!
The best way to kill something good is to praise it when you need help!

1 minute ago, user2010 said:

The scariest and meanest things in the world are stupidity and shortsightedness!
In addition to the enthusiastic cry, and offended comments addressed to me!
NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A concrete answer to my points of criticism of the mod! Although, if you raise the story, there were many specific proposals!
The best way to kill something good is to praise it when you need help!

Please, do not hoard all exclamation marks.

Other people might wanna use them too, so please be considerate.

Also spend large letters sparingly, we need them for beginning sentences.

Edited by Normal69 (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Normal69 said:

Please, do not hoard all exclamation marks.

Other people might wanna use them too, so please be considerate.

Also spend large letters sparingly, we need them for beginning sentences.

You owe me a new laptop cos it's covered in coffee now... :D

8 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

You owe me a new laptop cos it's covered in coffee now... :D

You owe me - it's a mod to run it faster and have a nice coffee-smell. :D

Soooo, abut the payment:

I've discovered more-or-less how to find ores, BUT.

Is there a special method I've missed with the holy bucket?

I cannot seem to be able to move water blocks with it - altough I've tried to interact with the ones produced by the Rain Collector.

Plus once I was able to move the Rain Collector itself (inside claimed area), now I can only mash it, and place a new one.

Oh holy creator bless me with understanding!

(thanx)

Edited by Normal69 (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Bucket only works on naturally spawning water and the sink. So it wont work on rain catcher water or water you already placed to stop the infinite water bug folks were abusing the crap out of.

I've thought something like that, thanks for the clarification.

Altough I'm curious how to abuse that, except to have a water-supply (which the Rain Collector solves finely)...

Impairing zombie movement? Making minecraft-style water-lifts? Filling up the map with a sea? Or something more sinister?

Basically folks were putting a block of water down and then just using that to keep constantly refilling their farms instead of using the rain catcher. I believe it was also being used to make huge bases full of water for anti-demon stuff.

You can sort-of still do that with the working sink, just takes more effort.

Okay, so totally a noob question here but I can't seem to get this right. I have a Server with Nitrado. I created the MODS directory, and downloaded the server zip file: darknessfallsa19server-master.zip. I use the launcher. I see my server when joining a game, the MOD Client is 19.4 but I think the server files are 19 because when the client gets to Creating Player it crashes and stops on "ERR NCSimple_Deserializer (CH=0): EndOfStreamException: Attempted to read past the end of the stream", and goes nowhere from there. My fr8iend can do a local server and I can connect to him and we can play forever "Mostly" until LAG kills me. But we wanted to play Darkness Falls on our own server. 

So I did copy over the MODS from the Server file to the MODS folder on my server. I do see in the server data files, that there are some dll files, do those also need to be transferred to the "7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed" folder? Such as 0Harmony.dll etc..? I could use some help if anyone is willing to assist.

9 hours ago, OG_BileOne said:

Okay, so totally a noob question here but I can't seem to get this right. I have a Server with Nitrado. I created the MODS directory, and downloaded the server zip file: darknessfallsa19server-master.zip. I use the launcher. I see my server when joining a game, the MOD Client is 19.4 but I think the server files are 19 because when the client gets to Creating Player it crashes and stops on "ERR NCSimple_Deserializer (CH=0): EndOfStreamException: Attempted to read past the end of the stream", and goes nowhere from there. My fr8iend can do a local server and I can connect to him and we can play forever "Mostly" until LAG kills me. But we wanted to play Darkness Falls on our own server. 

So I did copy over the MODS from the Server file to the MODS folder on my server. I do see in the server data files, that there are some dll files, do those also need to be transferred to the "7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed" folder? Such as 0Harmony.dll etc..? I could use some help if anyone is willing to assist.

You need to upload ALL the folders contained in the zip file. So yes, that means you need 7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed

8 hours ago, fearreaper said:

does any else have the problem they dont have sound anymore in game after playing it a couple times. Does anyone know how to fix that

I did, but that was a general system issue rather than DF specific.

16 hours ago, Normal69 said:

Impairing zombie movement? Making minecraft-style water-lifts? Filling up the map with a sea? Or something more sinister?

Yep, such things. 1 bucket full of water could create 1 water block which produce endless floating water following the gravity.

If you put that water at a 1x1 anything is fine, but beware if a zombie open that 1x1, the water follow it.

But that don't work anymore since they change the water physics at the vanilla game awhile ago. Lets wait for A20 i hear there should be a new water system.

Hey, 

Firstly thanks KhaineGB for making such a good mod. It's fully reinvigorated the game for me and I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

Just set up a multiplayer server yesterday and a friend of mine keeps getting 'DarknessFallsCore not found on block cropsGrowingMaster' spammed in the console then gets disconnected. I'm assuming this is a problem with the installation of the mod itself and not the downloads specifically. 

He's installing through 7D2D Mod launcher and has reinstalled both the mod and the game twice. He's on the Steam version and just bought the game yesterday.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Image of the error messages in spoiler.

Spoiler

https://gyazo.com/c76c5eaaacdee1768d70e16c31e40c3a

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I did, but that was a general system issue rather than DF specific.

Don’t have the problem on the normal version of 7 days only on DF that I don’t have sound even tried a reinstall off the game doesnt help. How did you fix it.