Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

The organisation of my XML is EXACTLY the same as the vanilla files. You can check that yourself by opening them with Notepad++ (which is what you should be doing if you are editing stuff).

If that's too messy for you, then tough. I can read it so it's fine.

Ovens do work, you have to build it. You don't just find it. Same for sinks. You don't just find them, you have to build it.

ah mannnn so i got it working and all but its a massive massive let down that all the files are messy. now its like 100 times harder to make any changes can you upload another download file where the files are tidy - like how the game originally gave us the files. Also the ovens are not working and are just lootable like normal and the sinks dont give water when clicked on with empty jar

Wow, i still get surprised to this day by some of the comments in this forum. Ungrateful and do it yourself come to mind. Who posts stuff like this anymore?

ah mannnn so i got it working and all but its a massive massive let down that all the files are messy. now its like 100 times harder to make any changes can you upload another download file where the files are tidy - like how the game originally gave us the files. Also the ovens are not working and are just lootable like normal and the sinks dont give water when clicked on with empty jar

...I'm at a loss for words...

can you do a mod yourself? if so then go ahead and do it problem solve.

V1.7.1 is out! Changes as follows

• Yucca and Tree Sap have been altered so they decay faster. Should be roughly 9 in-game hours for the warning buff, 18 if you get sick for it to COMPLETELY disappear (thanks Erik!)
  • Banana Bread can now be made in the campfire (thanks Erik!)
  • Fruit Salad now requires an empty clay bowl (thanks Chay!)
  • Fruit tree's no longer give seeds if you get all the fruit off them and then destroy the "bare" tree (thanks Chay!)
  • Water placed from the Water Butt can no longer be picked up with a bucket and used as an infinite water source (Bad NBK!)
  • Male Behemoth added! No radiated version yet, but he's there and has a unique model.
  • RWGMixer tweaked. See below, please!

Ok, so the lag you folks were having was due to all the POI's and sleepers. So I decreased the amount of wilderness POI's which has REALLY helped in the wilderness, and I added "dead" areas to the cities. These will be places where no POI spawns, but whatever ground the biome is using will. It just helps break things up a bit so you folks don't get lag from buildings and sleepers (sleepers are one of the big problems).

Now, a restart is not required, nor is it recommended if your game is running fine. If you are having SERIOUS lag problems, then yes... go ahead and restart your world. However, if you're happy playing as you are, then please do continue to do so. :)

Also, there may be a few things hiding in the files that you cannot currently find in-game... but feel free to poke around with the creative menu. ;)

V1.7.1 is out! Changes as follows

• Yucca and Tree Sap have been altered so they decay faster. Should be roughly 9 in-game hours for the warning buff, 18 if you get sick for it to COMPLETELY disappear (thanks Erik!)
  • Banana Bread can now be made in the campfire (thanks Erik!)
  • Fruit Salad now requires an empty clay bowl (thanks Chay!)
  • Fruit tree's no longer give seeds if you get all the fruit off them and then destroy the "bare" tree (thanks Chay!)
  • Water placed from the Water Butt can no longer be picked up with a bucket and used as an infinite water source (Bad NBK!)
  • Male Behemoth added! No radiated version yet, but he's there and has a unique model.
  • RWGMixer tweaked. See below, please!

Ok, so the lag you folks were having was due to all the POI's and sleepers. So I decreased the amount of wilderness POI's which has REALLY helped in the wilderness, and I added "dead" areas to the cities. These will be places where no POI spawns, but whatever ground the biome is using will. It just helps break things up a bit so you folks don't get lag from buildings and sleepers (sleepers are one of the big problems).

Now, a restart is not required, nor is it recommended if your game is running fine. If you are having SERIOUS lag problems, then yes... go ahead and restart your world. However, if you're happy playing as you are, then please do continue to do so. :)

Also, there may be a few things hiding in the files that you cannot currently find in-game... but feel free to poke around with the creative menu. ;)

hey if it wasnt from me water would still be like that so (Good NBK)

I believe most people are happy to receive constructive criticism, however, it's a wonder contributers such as KhaineGB put their labours of love (100s/1000s of hours of work) out there with thoughtless comments such as that. If you are impatient and something isn't to your liking, nothing is stopping you from changing it yourself.

If you're using notepad++ for diff comparisons, try netbeans. This tool is so much better for highlighting differences.

On a side note, if you haven't got on the SDX train you really should. It's awesome how much time and effort has gone into this project by the all the contributors to make your life easier for integrating your own customisations into vanilla or modded games. To put this in perspective, I've come back from a 10 month hiatus and was up and running within the hour. Before SDX I would have given up, but not before going slightly potty doing countless diff checks and trying to shoehorn in long forgotten settings.

Can't wait to get stuck in myself. Thanks KhaineGB

Hello Everyone!

I thought I saw some where that I could obtain another class but I'm not finding it. Possibly due to only having a couple of sips of coffee this morning lol The problem I'm having is very little coffee (both IRL & Game at the moment) and I want to grow some but I can't even find the recipe for it - I have a feeling its behind the Master Farmer perk but I'm a miner type person.

Yep, coffee is a Farmer Mastery.

You can make a blank class book by gathering skill notes, paper, ink and a quill, but it takes 120 skill notes. Or you can build a writing desk and make the blank class book for 60 notes instead. :)

Okay,

As for the flickering, I have no idea at ALL what's causing it... because I don't have it on this laptop.

Specs: I7-4800MQ CPU, 12GB RAM, GTX 765M 2GB Graphics Card.

Game Settings: 1600x900 resolution (windowed), vsync off, anti-aliasing off, texture quality - full size, UMA textures - medium, water quality - high, view distance 8, FOV 75, LOD 50%, shadow distance off, tree quality high, grass distance normal, motion blur off, no SSAO, DOF or sun shafts.

I pretty much use those exact same settings on my two desktop machines as well.

Good Day KhaineGB Sir

Well .. I started My 4th Map with 1.7.1 .. Hoping that would maybe fix the Flickering .. BUT .. sorry to say No Luck.

I have TURNED OFF All Shadow relayed items on this version ……….. I Did not have this issue in 1.6.2 or Earlier version .. IT Only started in the 1.7 Version … So It must be related to some setting in the 1.7

I've gone back and check my other 5 modded 7D2D games that I currently play and I'm not having this issue .. When "Everything" is set on High with Shadows on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24428[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24429[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24430[/ATTACH]

Does not show as bad as it is on system .. but it will give you the ideal.

My System GTX 980TI .. 32 Ram of memory .. Win 10 Pro .. 4.0 CPU …. 1920x1080

the Old Gamer … :02.47-tranquillity:

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Hi Guys,

Does this mod work with Ubuntu 16.04 (under Linux system) ?

No idea. Don't use linux. I don't see any reason why not if you patch it manually though.

Has anyone found a sewing kit?

I've search dozens of houses and have never found one.

I'm actually in the loot list right now to work on something and it's definitely in the "night stand" loot list. May go add it to the desks as well so there's an extra chance for it to drop.

EDIT: To expand on this, Desks also share the same loot lists of nightstands.

However I've added it to the suitcase as well.

Good Day KhaineGB Sir

Well .. I started My 4th Map with 1.7.1 .. Hoping that would maybe fix the Flickering .. BUT .. sorry to say No Luck.

I have TURNED OFF All Shadow relayed items on this version ……….. I Did not have this issue in 1.6.2 or Earlier version .. IT Only started in the 1.7 Version … So It must be related to some setting in the 1.7

I've gone back and check my other 5 modded 7D2D games that I currently play and I'm not having this issue .. When "Everything" is set on High with Shadows on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24428[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24429[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24430[/ATTACH]

Does not show as bad as it is on system .. but it will give you the ideal.

My System GTX 980TI .. 32 Ram of memory .. Win 10 Pro .. 4.0 CPU …. 1920x1080

the Old Gamer … :02.47-tranquillity:

I have absolutely no idea at all what's causing it. Like I said, I can't reproduce it locally on the laptop, my streaming PC (GTX 980) or my main gaming PC (GTX 980Ti). I have noticed it occasionally happen on other PC's... I know Max had it on a GTX 970 using V1.6 and I've seen someone else have it with a 1080 on 1.7.1... but that only happened out in the forest and not in the city.

So I literally have no idea what's causing it or why.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Yep, coffee is a Farmer Mastery.

You can make a blank class book by gathering skill notes, paper, ink and a quill, but it takes 120 skill notes. Or you can build a writing desk and make the blank class book for 60 notes instead. :)

Well I've only played 2 games the first one to day 22 and now I'm at day 5 and I haven't seen any skill notes whatsoever. So making the class book is way out of the question. I have finished the farmer quests but haven't purchased that Steep 30 skill point perk and I can not see it listed in any of the other skills. I did find that its in the xmls, but not showing up in the skill description which got me totally confused. 30 points seems way too steep especially after finishing the quests. Is it possible to by that perk without being a farmer?

Edited by Cadamier (see edit history)

Well I've only played 2 games the first one to day 22 and now I'm at day 5 and I haven't seen any skill notes whatsoever. So making the class book is way out of the question. I have finished the farmer quests but haven't purchased that Steep 30 skill point perk and I can not see it listed in any of the other skills. I did find that its in the xmls, but not showing up in the skill description which got me totally confused. 30 points seems way too steep especially after finishing the quests. Is it possible to by that perk without being a farmer?

Skill notes are gained by scrapping schematics, recipe books and skill books.

The mastery perks can ONLY be purchased by the appropriate class. They also exist as books out in the world, so you either have to go find the book or pay the points.

Personally I pick the class I want to play, then farm skill notes (Hint: Do trader guard captain quests. They reward skill notes), pick civilian as my next class and use the mastery book gained from THAT quest to buy the perk for my main class.

I... actually don't know.

They should be. I'll go check.

EDIT: Ok, so the answer is no. Apparently I added calipers and welding torch to the trader, but not the sewing kit and tanning rack.

They have been added to the general trader list for 1.7.2.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Seeds and planting

Hey, I'm not sure what is happening, but when I plant seeds in the garden, making sure to leave 1 space between them, they seem to still disappear. Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong with planting for this mod. Also, I'm looking at trying to get onto a server that has this mod, but they all seem to be password protected, are any servers looking for new players?

Cheers