Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Good day KhaineGB

I'm getting the same thing as Erik Louden is getting " Some weirdness with shadow flickering " which has never happened before in any of the 7d2d games that I've played.

Must have something to do with the Mod and in my case .. Turning off shadows didn't help.

Other than that .. So Far _ all Good.

Have a good day ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Honestly not sure what's going on with the flickering. Runs great on my laptop and it's been fine on other streams I've seen as well.

But I've also seen other folks have that problem before the latest update... so I'm wondering if it's random 7DTD strangeness.

Okay, need some input from folks.

I've been told there is some lag/stuttering. I tested this out on my machine and confirmed it. I've also confirmed it's especially bad near cities and not quite as bad in the wilderness.

Right now, the work-around seems to be "stop running and let the world load." I have a suspicion that, if I increase the distance between cities and POI's, then it might help.

But I also know people wanted stuff closer together. Soooo... what do people think I should do on this issue?

Hello! So since I use the mod launcher should it auto update? Or should I delete the mod from the launcher and then install it again? Haven't played for about a week so that old save doesn't matter.

JUST make sure you Pre-Sync it before running play

Honestly not sure what's going on with the flickering. Runs great on my laptop and it's been fine on other streams I've seen as well.

But I've also seen other folks have that problem before the latest update... so I'm wondering if it's random 7DTD strangeness.

Good day KhaineGB ……… Installed a different Map and still getting it .. and .. like I said _ I checked all of my other modded 7d2d and it is not doing it.

Must be something in This Update that is causing it .. a setting not exactly right. ………. Just a heads up

Have a good day … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Will have to re-build the hornet asset file, but I can lower the sounds. Those are literally straight from the earlier alphas with no modification.

Disappearing textures are a UMA issue, so try playing with your UMA settings. Sadly it happens with ANY UMA-based NPC?Zombie (like in WotW and occasionally Ravenhearst). I already reduced the size of the textures and then run it in-game on high. Haven't had any issues so far. :)

Just a heads up for ppl seeing the zeds disappear in and out.

Don't make video changes for the uma while playing the game.

Exit the game, then restart.

Go to the video settings, make the change, then enter the game again.

I've been told there is some lag/stuttering. I tested this out on my machine and confirmed it. I've also confirmed it's especially bad near cities and not quite as bad in the wilderness.

Right now, the work-around seems to be "stop running and let the world load." I have a suspicion that, if I increase the distance between cities and POI's, then it might help.

But I also know people wanted stuff closer together. Soooo... what do people think I should do on this issue?

Spreading the city/towns further apart won't really solve the issue, it'll just make it happen with more time in between since it'll take longer to reach the new locations.

Things you can try to help limit the load lag:

Increase the street length by 1 to help separate the building more (may require re tweaking of the rules to make it look good again).

Make your city/towns less compact.

Add more prefabs that don't have sleeper volumes into the hubs.

Lower the sleeper spawns a touch for each prefab.

Increase the sleeper spawn delay in the gamestages.xml

Limit tall and or large area prefabs more.

Basically you won't fully get rid of the load lag but you can calm it down some.

Edit: regarding the sleeper volumes.. Rework them so it doesn't spawn everything at once. Break it up some into smaller areas (Will require a lot of work and might not be worth the effort).

Edited by Tin (see edit history)

Perhaps the best thing would be to make cities smaller and have different types of city to cover all your bases.

So you'd have an industrial city with factories, a residential city with hotels and apartments, a commercial city with a shopping district area, that way you can make towns smaller but give them a distinct purpose. So instead of districts being in towns, districts are more like towns unto themselves :)

Okay, so I think I may have the city-lag issue under control.

Been playing around, decreased the wilderness POI spawns (I remember I increased it due to cell size to fix an issue, I've since decreased cell size so there were way too many POI's) and put some "dead" areas in the cities. So rather than generating houses and such, it generates little patches of whatever biome your in.

I think it looks rather good. :) There's still some microstutter, but it's not as bad as it was.

Max, the RWGMixer actually already does that. :) I've totally had normal "residential" towns and full on industrial cities with a few apartments when I've been running around in the mod.

As for the flickering, I have no idea at ALL what's causing it... because I don't have it on this laptop.

Specs: I7-4800MQ CPU, 12GB RAM, GTX 765M 2GB Graphics Card.

Game Settings: 1600x900 resolution (windowed), vsync off, anti-aliasing off, texture quality - full size, UMA textures - medium, water quality - high, view distance 8, FOV 75, LOD 50%, shadow distance off, tree quality high, grass distance normal, motion blur off, no SSAO, DOF or sun shafts.

I pretty much use those exact same settings on my two desktop machines as well.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

I dont know if this have been mentioned before but when i place crops, they disappear. I can place a new 1 on the same tile and dissappears too. Haven't seen crops grow yet, i just started. But then i tried to place each crop 1 tile apart like a checkerboard on a 5x5 field and that works out. Is that intentional?

Really digging this mod, great work!

Not intentional.

When I was testing, it seems to be a stability issue. I had a 5 block row with 2 channels for water next to it and plants would NOT stay in the 4th block for some reason. I put dirt next to it and it was fine.

Don't get it, may poke the code to see if I can fix it. In the mean time, I've been doing 9x9 checkerboards and that works great :) (so 8 plants around 1 block of water, basically)

Not intentional.

When I was testing, it seems to be a stability issue. I had a 5 block row with 2 channels for water next to it and plants would NOT stay in the 4th block for some reason. I put dirt next to it and it was fine.

Don't get it, may poke the code to see if I can fix it. In the mean time, I've been doing 9x9 checkerboards and that works great :) (so 8 plants around 1 block of water, basically)

Didn't know you would need water for crops. :eek-new:

Good to know it's confirmed issue.

You'll get around it, i'm sure :)

In the mean time, i'll just take care of my crops as checkerboards all over the place :p

Stop eating raw yucca. It's the "warning" buff to tell you that you're going to make yourself sick.

You can also try debuff warningYuccaBuff in the console. If it comes straight back, then you haven't waited long enough before eating more yucca. If it DOESN'T come back, then I need to have a look at the code but it seemed fine in testing.

Stop eating raw yucca. It's the "warning" buff to tell you that you're going to make yourself sick.

You can also try debuff warningYuccaBuff in the console. If it comes straight back, then you haven't waited long enough before eating more yucca. If it DOESN'T come back, then I need to have a look at the code but it seemed fine in testing.

I stopped eating it as soon as I got the warning buff (a few days ago)

Used debuff warningYuccaBuff and it wemnt away and did not come back.

Also, banana bread says it can be made in the campfire with a poy but when i search for it in the campfire list it says it needs a lead car battery.

Will double check the banana bread recipe.

If the buff did not come back, then it looks like there is an issue on the code side, so will also look into that. :)

EDIT: Ok, Banana Bread recipe is missing for the cooking pot. I straight up forgot to put it in, so I've just done that.

I suspect I know the issue with the yucca buff, so I'm going to test a fix after I've slept. If all goes well, I may push a mini patch tonight or tomorrow to fix a few issues.

Ok, found the issue with the Yucca warning buff.

It takes approx 2 and a half in-game DAYS to get rid of it. So I'm going to play with the timers on that.

EDIT: Update on this.

5 yucca triggers the warning. If you stop eating them immediately, the warning goes away in approx 3 in-game hours (the decay for it is set to game time, not real time). I think this is a good middle-ground. :) I will need to edit sap to be the same way.

So thanks Erik! I just need to test something else and make sure that works.

Looking forward to trying this mod out after seeing it streamed by Kage848. I noticed there is a duplicate key in the localization.txt file.

chainsawTitaniumDesc entered twice, instead of second entry being partschainsawTitaniumGroupDesc. Noticed it when running SDX tool.

Edited by zLoki (see edit history)

I noticed that too when I was checking the output_log last night looking for errors in something I was putting into the mod.

Going to hunt that bugger down and fix it (would you believe I already fixed it once?)

ah mannnn so i got it working and all but its a massive massive let down that all the files are messy. now its like 100 times harder to make any changes can you upload another download file where the files are tidy - like how the game originally gave us the files. Also the ovens are not working and are just lootable like normal and the sinks dont give water when clicked on with empty jar