Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Oh no, not offended. :)

I just don't play nomad myself. So I never considered this mod to be a good fit for that play style.

Play nomad is not easy, because of the abundance of tools and workbenches. Before getting a mini-bike is almost impossible, but as soon as it is a mini-bike, it becomes much easier. And from a certain period of the game, a large amount of resources becomes unnecessary. If you do not collect everything, but only the necessary resources, you can feel good. You can also save space on common materials, and make small stops on the production of ammunition.

Just noticed on Kickz stream that there might be some alignment issues with the numbers and the stat bars on the UI.

If anyone has this, can you let me know what screen resolution you are running? I'm pretty sure it was fine on my laptop, but I will look into it properly once I have slept. :)

Just noticed on Kickz stream that there might be some alignment issues with the numbers and the stat bars on the UI.

If anyone has this, can you let me know what screen resolution you are running? I'm pretty sure it was fine on my laptop, but I will look into it properly once I have slept. :)

Yes, there is a slight shift left and right as in the screenshot from @Jazual

My resolution is 1920x1080

Thanks folks! Had a couple of people in discord say the same thing, so I'll look into that tonight and push out a very small patch to fix it later. :)

This is not a critical error, I think we can leave it for now, and deal with more important issues. Don't you?

BTW: the M41A rifle, doesn't have a schematic, or a price set on the complete gun, To sell it you need to take it apart. Just thought I should let ya know. its a nice gun and actually gives 9mm rounds some use.

Already knew about the M4A1. I left it like that so folks could test it out and give me some feedback. :)

I thought I had set a price on it though, so that's definitely an oversight. Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: Yep, checked it. No economic value on the gun. It now has a price, but I'll leave it as-is for the moment. :)

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Already knew about the M4A1. I left it like that so folks could test it out and give me some feedback. :)

I thought I had set a price on it though, so that's definitely an oversight. Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: Yep, checked it. No economic value on the gun. It now has a price, but I'll leave it as-is for the moment. :)

For feedback I feel it hits a tad too hard for 9mm ammo, then again its a pretty hard to get gun. I wish it had a silencer though.

Just a small update regarding the UI stuff.

I'm working on a new UI for 1.8, so I decided to look into why the stamina was displaying the million decimal points. I still don't know WHY it's doing it, but I do have a partial fix.

By partial fix, I mean it still displays the decimal point for some reason, but NOT the text after it so the number doesn't shrink down to unreadable proportions. I will look at deploying that + the alignment fix at some point this evening. Spending some quality time with the wife right now. :)

Also, UI sneak peek!

7DaysToDie_2018-05-18_22-26-33.jpg

Ok, Khaine, props for the Big Bad. He came as a complete surprise, leading a pack of jogging irradiated cops, and let me just say... I need a new base.

This is by far my favorite mod!

One tiny, minuscule, request? Would it possible to mod in the ability to craft the darned pipes that are purchasable from the trader? They never seem to have them enough quantity.

Cheers man, and well done!

Gday all.

I noticed in the notes it says clock has been removed from ui and map, and the only place u can see it is on the trader screen.

Fantastic idea.

My question though.

Is there a way we can tell its getting dark by looking at the sky?

Like in the forest.

Cheers

I -think- it's the same damage as the AR-15, but I will double check that.

I basically intended it to be an AR-15 with no recoil.

M4A1 is a very nice rifle!! I love it!

It only miss a silencer to be even more useful: any plan to add a silencer for it?

Edited by Hemfive (see edit history)

Hi. Without determining the time is inconvenient. Is there a way to track time? Preferably clock.

Traders and vending machines give you the time.

You can also craft a radio that give you the time.

The mod UI does not display the time to give the player a more immersive experience (and it works!!!). :smile-new:

You can look at the lights and sounds of the environment around you to learn how to get more or less the time.

If you really are desperate use the console command: "gettime"

Edited by Hemfive (see edit history)

Ok, Khaine, props for the Big Bad. He came as a complete surprise, leading a pack of jogging irradiated cops, and let me just say... I need a new base.

This is by far my favorite mod!

One tiny, minuscule, request? Would it possible to mod in the ability to craft the darned pipes that are purchasable from the trader? They never seem to have them enough quantity.

Cheers man, and well done!

There's a good chance I'm being dumb because I just woke up and haven't had a coffee yet.

Which pipes? :D If you could get a screenshot or the item name, then I can definitely look into adding them as a craftable item.

Gday all.

I noticed in the notes it says clock has been removed from ui and map, and the only place u can see it is on the trader screen.

Fantastic idea.

My question though.

Is there a way we can tell its getting dark by looking at the sky?

Like in the forest.

Cheers

Light levels should slowly change as the day goes on. Failing that, the background audio sounds change at midday and 7pm. The 7pm ones are the most prominent (crickets come out).

Hi. Without determining the time is inconvenient. Is there a way to track time? Preferably clock.

Yes, it's called vending machines and the trader.

No, you're not getting a portable clock. Deal with it.

M4A1 is a very nice rifle!! I love it!

It only miss a silencer to be even more useful: any plan to add a silencer for it?

Yes, definitely. :D

KhaineGB, thank you so much for this great mod!! I'm having a blast. Very creative getting rid of the clock... was a hassle at first, but I get why you did it (makes sense for immersion sake). I'm still struggling with time, but that's on me, I could do better. As a perma-death player, I'm super cautious, so I "waste" a little time before 22:00 just waiting... but I'll get better. Keep up the great work, it is much appreciated!!

KhaineGB, thank you so much for this great mod!! I'm having a blast. Very creative getting rid of the clock... was a hassle at first, but I get why you did it (makes sense for immersion sake). I'm still struggling with time, but that's on me, I could do better. As a perma-death player, I'm super cautious, so I "waste" a little time before 22:00 just waiting... but I'll get better. Keep up the great work, it is much appreciated!!

Permadeath player when the trader guards are idiots and more likely to shoot YOU than a zombie?

I tip my hat. You have more balls than me. ;)

Permadeath player when the trader guards are idiots and more likely to shoot YOU than a zombie?

I tip my hat. You have more balls than me. ;)

I'm doing a permadeath run on survivialist, day 30 almost 31. still haven't died. If i'm outside the trader compound and I hear them shooting I hide behind a tree till the shooting stops.