Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Once A17 is out and the block ID limit is removed, then I can do a LOT more.

I found out how to make quests target anything (like how the trader one works) but it currently tends to break the game. I only got it working on the destroyed traders.

Fingers crossed that'll work properly in A17 too.

EDIT: I should also add, once A17 is out, I won't be supporting the EAC version anymore so I can start doing stuff with SDX. I probably won't add a ton of new models (maybe spears and a hammer), but I do want to play around with extra textures (so I can make t-shirts and other things) and sounds.

If you haven't checked them out already, I have diamond plated blocks you could consider for sdx. I just released some granite blocks today as well. Next up some new stone and marble blocks.

Questions:

1) How os the rainwater butt supposed to work? It always says half full and then eventually disappears.

2) Radiated vulture is immortal or something. I put 30 round into it a close range using a blunderbuss and it was unfazed, I eventually ran because I didn't want to use up all my ammo. Regular vultures go fown in one hit and tanky zombies 2-3.

1) Water Butt can be broken to get 1 rainwater and the water butt back once you can't pick it up anymore (pretty sure I put that in the item description. If not, tell me so I can fix it :) )

2) Not immortal, just gets 40 health back per 3 seconds. I'll look at decreasing their health.

Trader vulnarable ?!?

Is this true that in this mod you put traders vulnerable ? it doesnt appear to have any upside as waste more time to devote resources to defend the compound as there is no game mechanics yet to be able to upgrade defences on them , like for example upgrade to Defence Tiers per ratio of money spend (ex : Tier 1 spikes, Tiers 3 log spikes, Tier 5 guards, Tier 10 turrets)

It seems, to me, that the all good stuff taken from other mods and players ideas of this great community was lowered down by that game option. Maybe it would be great, to add, like the BBM, an option for traders as Vanilla for some players like myself that does NOT want to spend game time/resources/waste time (going back and forth to all traders to build defences), just to make sure they are fine ! But that only my opinion, a rule of thumb in the marketing world is that if you offer a new flavour, make sure you keep the original, always !

Yes, the Trader POI can be destroyed.

The actual TRADER is immune to damage.

If you read back through the thread, you'd know I did that because the NPC's (like Survivors and Bandits) caused NullReferenceException errors whenever they went near the trader.

Soooo... you want a trader POI that can be destroyed? Or a bunch of console NRE spam?

It wasn't a decision to remove the protection because I thought it'd be cool. It was a decision to remove the protection to fix a bug.

You don't HAVE to protect them. You don't HAVE to build defenses. You just chose to do so... and yes, later on I'll be adding quests in to build and upgrade blocks so players can at least get some cash from doing it.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Is this true that in this mod you put traders vulnerable ? it doesnt appear to have any upside as waste more time to devote resources to defend the compound as there is no game mechanics yet to be able to upgrade defences on them , like for example upgrade to Defence Tiers per ratio of money spend (ex : Tier 1 spikes, Tiers 3 log spikes, Tier 5 guards, Tier 10 turrets)

It seems, to me, that the all good stuff taken from other mods and players ideas of this great community was lowered down by that game option. Maybe it would be great, to add, like the BBM, an option for traders as Vanilla for some players like myself that does NOT want to spend game time/resources/waste time (going back and forth to all traders to build defences), just to make sure they are fine ! But that only my opinion, a rule of thumb in the marketing world is that if you offer a new flavour, make sure you keep the original, always !

Food for thought ... ON Traders ... I tried something in one Trader base and added defenses .. (Trader Jimmy) upgraded his scrap metal to reinforced metal and piers to concrete and added a couple shotgun turrets - Problem .. Now his NPC Guards have stopped shooting anything.

BUT the couple of other Traders that I have in Game that are Alive .. I did nothing and their NPC Guards shoot all Z's that get close, unless they are right next to the wall/fence, guards can not shoot straight down - only out.

Just a couple of thoughts ... the Old Gamer ..:02.47-tranquillity:

PS: I'll take the DEAD TRADERS over NRE any Day ... Plus it makes it more interesting.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Love the models khaine, nice work. As far as the protection removed from the traders and npcs its one of the reasons i play the mod:smile-new:

@gpcstargate

perhaps those npcs have run out of ammo, dunno if khaine has added infinite ammo yet

havent tested it myself

i know they can run out of ammo because that i have tested many times

Edited by Darkstardragon (see edit history)

in this case you cant keep the original, the nres uma npcs cause with trader protection is a well known fact, either jettison the npcs or the trader protection, one or the other

i dont miss the trader protection because i like the thought that zombies might come and demolish the place, and i like using them as bases, and i love having npcs around

Love the models khaine, nice work. As far as the protection removed from the traders and npcs its one of the reasons i play the mod:smile-new:

@gpcstargate

perhaps those npcs have run out of ammo, dunno if khaine has added infinite ammo yet

havent tested it myself

i know they can run out of ammo because that i have tested many times

YES .. I love the Mod like this also ... But I think he fixed the infinite ammo in 1.6.1 or I thought he did. .... But all good, it keeps you jumping.

Have Fun and Enjoy ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

in this case you cant keep the original, the nres uma npcs cause with trader protection is a well known fact, either jettison the npcs or the trader protection, one or the other

i dont miss the trader protection because i like the thought that zombies might come and demolish the place, and i like using them as bases, and i love having npcs around

You also like playing dress-up with the NPC's. ;)

I thought I was done with Alpha 16....

Steam report on 7DTD:

108.4 hours past 2 weeks

This is all Darkness Falls, thanks for a really awesome mod!

Thank you for playing it! Glad folks are enjoying it!

Should have a couple more videos for folks soon. I have a 95-ish% working AR-15 model now as well. Just need to tweak something on the flashlight and then I am pretty sure it's done.

Next will be the P225 pistol.

I decided it was time. I want to get new models for the new guns and some of the melee weapons at least.

Plus I've had folks offer to do me some voice lines for female bandits and the female trader, so I figure I needed to start learning.

Alright, I've been very quiet so I thought I'd update people.

As you probably saw, the stoneSpear and stoneHammer models are in for those weapons. Upgraded versions of the spear will use the same model for now (may look for something better later). CAWS Shotgun now has it's own Combat Shotgun model (and will be getting renamed to match). AR-15 also has it's own model and is now semi-automatic so it doesn't auto-fire anymore... but is otherwise unchanged. P225 pistol also has it's own model, the Winchester Rifle + Scoped variant BOTH have their own models and the Combat Axe also has it's own model.

I have some new workbenches and a few other things to put in so there's some variance (rather than the same workbench recoloured a few times), but they aren't done yet. I also have a proper lockpick to go in the mod, so that will be happening later.

And... the Hornet is back! It's not the original model because I couldn't get the animations (RIP), but it's one I purchased off the Unity store and put in... with a LOT of help from Guppygur and Xyth, so thank you both of you for that! The original sound files ARE included though, so listen out for the buzzing. :)

The reason I'm doing all the SDX stuff now instead of A17, like I said, is because it looks like A17 might be a while. So I figured I could at least update the mod with all these goodies for folks to enjoy.

ETA? No idea. It's taking me between 30 mins and 2 hours to put ONE model in the game because I'm still learning, and I still have more I want to do.

EDIT: Also, for the folks who donated, ALL of your money went towards these models + some of my own. I am not saying that to encourage people to donate, I just wanted folks to know that their generosity has gone towards making the mod better for everyone. :)

I may have bought myself a jar of decent coffee with some of it though... cos... coffee.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Good day KhaineGB,

Have 1 question .. when you do the Lockpick .. will they OR can they be stackable (maybe 5 or 10) ... or maybe we can make them in the backpack with iron. .. Just a thought

AND I will say it again ... loving the wireless junction boxes. :smile-new:

Have a Great Weekend and Enjoy ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Good day KhaineGB,

Have 1 question .. when you do the Lockpick .. will they OR can they be stackable (maybe 5 or 10) ... or maybe we can make them in the backpack with iron. .. Just a thought

AND I will say it again ... loving the wireless junction boxes. :smile-new:

Have a Great Weekend and Enjoy ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

The lockpick is currently in the mod, made with scrap iron and stackable to 10. :)

All I was looking at doing was replacing the model and sound.

The lockpick is currently in the mod, made with scrap iron and stackable to 10. :)

All I was looking at doing was replacing the model and sound.

SORRY ... Me Being Bad KhaineGB

Yes .. you have Lockpicks .... I was Having a bad weeks ... (I was thinking of Ravenhearst .. He has them .. but only 1 at a time and Not stackable).

Anyway have a good weekend ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Alright, thought I'd share what I'm working on and get a little feedback.

Lw2nXSg.png

This is what I'm looking at doing for every craftable item in the mod/game. It'll tell you where an item is crafted and if a tool is required. I think this works to convey information to a player. :)

Also, yes that is a new lockpick with a new model. I'm adding a second one made from forged iron, but it will open safes in half the time.

Small update for people.

Still working on v1.6.2 which is mostly just going to be localization stuff, a new lockpick and a couple of new icons.

I also have people testing out v1.7, which is the SDX version. I can tell you that it will not REQUIRE a new save. Old saves convert over and work just fine. It will be RECOMMENDED though just so you can get the altered spawn rates for biomes (including new plants) and altered rwgmixer which SHOULD have cities closer together. :)

But that will be entirely player choice.