Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

That one is a maybe. It needs 6 new blocks so I need to check how many spare ones I have first.

EDIT: Ok, it's a "I can add this." Checked and I have at least 35 blocks spare, if not more.

Very nice, I'll keep my eyes peeled for an update then! :02.47-tranquillity:

I wanna try this mod but I got a question: How annoying did you make the recipies? Many modders feel the need to add completly pointless steps to making even the simplest items, Which just results in even more inventory tetris than we already have to play as it is. So how bad is it?

Might wanna be a little more specific. :p

Most of the "basic" things can still be made as normal, but they may take more resources. As a general rule, if two crafting areas are listed, one will save you resources (seeds are a good example).

As an example for a more recent recipe I put in, fruit juice is just fruit + glass jar made in a mortar and pestle. But like... wood frames are the same, bandages are the same, etc.

Some things have been moved to new workbenches, but they are still mostly the same. I think one of the big ones I changed was rebar. It's now made in the metal workbench with short iron pipes (I think there's a forge recipe too, but I've gone cross-eyed from looking at code). The idea there was to actually make the damn things useful since most people end up with sodding hundreds of them after taking cars apart!

So yeah, very early game? It's going to be fairly similar. Mid to later game? Then it gets a little more complicated but I tried not to go stupid with it.

Might wanna be a little more specific. :p

Most of the "basic" things can still be made as normal, but they may take more resources. As a general rule, if two crafting areas are listed, one will save you resources (seeds are a good example).

As an example for a more recent recipe I put in, fruit juice is just fruit + glass jar made in a mortar and pestle. But like... wood frames are the same, bandages are the same, etc.

Some things have been moved to new workbenches, but they are still mostly the same. I think one of the big ones I changed was rebar. It's now made in the metal workbench with short iron pipes (I think there's a forge recipe too, but I've gone cross-eyed from looking at code). The idea there was to actually make the damn things useful since most people end up with sodding hundreds of them after taking cars apart!

So yeah, very early game? It's going to be fairly similar. Mid to later game? Then it gets a little more complicated but I tried not to go stupid with it.

Sounds good. I don't mind it getting more complacated in mid/late game, but some tend to overdo it in the early game making the mod just not very fun to start off in.

As for the short iron pipes.. yeaaah I have a stack of a few hundred of those from taking apart cars, so I can see what ya mean. Other than using for minibike parts I don't see much else use for them in the base game.

I also like the idea where you can craft the item without the proper workbench but it uses more mats and takes longer for some of the items. I am all about efficency, so that will be nice. Like in the base game I try to avoid doing much mining until I hit steel or find an auger, as the stone axe and iron pickaxe less so, give noticably less than the steel. I kinda prefer the old way where they all gave the same, but iron/steel was just so much faster at harvesting due to better block damage.

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

I kinda prefer the old way as well, but I can see why TFP changed it. Makes it a very clear upgrade path.

Just FYI, Stone Axe isn't a construction tool and doesn't build. You need a Stone Hammer for that (small stone, wood, plant fiber). But that's because I made Axe's a skill to try and turn them back into a viable weapon again.

I kinda prefer the old way as well, but I can see why TFP changed it. Makes it a very clear upgrade path.

Just FYI, Stone Axe isn't a construction tool and doesn't build. You need a Stone Hammer for that (small stone, wood, plant fiber). But that's because I made Axe's a skill to try and turn them back into a viable weapon again.

Well to make the current axe a viable weapon you'd need to do 2 things: 1 set it so bladed weapons effects it, and 2, up the headshot multiplier, its largely the headshot multiplayer that makes the axe such a useless weapon. I dunno about you, but if I had to choose between a hunting knife or a fireaxe for killing zombies, most people would go for the fireaxe if they could only choose one.

As for old way, I really hated that forge ahead book, the leather book to, as they gated off so many recipies and sometimes I would hit lv 40 or 50 before i'd find either.

Couple ideas I came up with:

• The ability to eyeball the time of day
  • An unlock-able recipe for a pocket-watch or wristwatch

Approximate time would be like: Dawn, Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Dusk, Twilight, Midnight, Oh-dark-thirty.

And you wouldn't be able to approximate the time if you couldn't see the sun.

The watch would be an item that, once acquired, allowed you to have a more accurate time.

It could possibly require you to set it once at noon before you could use it.

But it's just ideas, no clue how hard it would be to implement or whether it'd be a good fit for the mod.

Edited by Baguette
Formatting fix (see edit history)

Can't do either without custom C# code, that is currently beyond my ability to do.

There IS an SDX mod here on the forums that lets you build a pocket watch, but it is not compatible with A16. I already tried it because I was going to patch the DLL and then ask the author for permission to include it in the mod as per his TOS.

Can't do either without custom C# code, that is currently beyond my ability to do.

There IS an SDX mod here on the forums that lets you build a pocket watch, but it is not compatible with A16. I already tried it because I was going to patch the DLL and then ask the author for permission to include it in the mod as per his TOS.

Ah, ok.

Like the mod so far and it's great the way the you have done the gradual transitions from day to night and night to day, game was annoying in vanilla when we have the instant lights on at dawn lol and lights off at dusk.

I like that the mod makes it much harder on day one and i find it's so easy to get into the wrong situation and die it keeps you on your guard more lol.

I have had major issues with the flashing affect an find the only way i can stop this is to turn shadows off :( the game still does not look too bad but I prefer to have shadows on if possible.

I saw you post that you included another rwgmixer file as optional ? was this to fix the issue ?

If so for the non modder's like myself can you give us a clue as to where the file needs to go please.

Great mod keep up the good work.

I cannot seem to get Bowl of Sap to work. As far as I understand it you hold the bowl and left click a tree but nothing happens...

Here's it from the feature list:

"Tree sap is now a thing! Try left-clicking on non-dead trees with jars or bowls..."

Make sure it's a live tree.

Like the mod so far and it's great the way the you have done the gradual transitions from day to night and night to day, game was annoying in vanilla when we have the instant lights on at dawn lol and lights off at dusk.

I like that the mod makes it much harder on day one and i find it's so easy to get into the wrong situation and die it keeps you on your guard more lol.

I have had major issues with the flashing affect an find the only way i can stop this is to turn shadows off :( the game still does not look too bad but I prefer to have shadows on if possible.

I saw you post that you included another rwgmixer file as optional ? was this to fix the issue ?

If so for the non modder's like myself can you give us a clue as to where the file needs to go please.

Great mod keep up the good work.

When you download the mod, you should have a zip file called v1.6 rwgmixer. That goes under Data/Config and overwrite when prompted.

Personally I always play with shadows and reflections off because I find they're both a massive performance hit for no good reason.

Ok, bit of an update on the two requests.

Corpse Disintigration Fix - This is a no. It works GREAT in single player. It won't compile for the dedicated server build. Just throws me a ton of errors. So I can't put a DLL mod in that doesn't work on both versions or no-one would be able to play on a server.

Elevators - Yes, with a caveat. I'm not adding the 3x3 elevator with lift shafts, the call buttons, etc. I'm trying to add things that would be semi-realistic, and I don't feel that's something that a single person could just build. However, I am adding the 2x2 lever-operated elevator as I feel that's appropriate. The only issue I've found is you have to add your floors from underneath or it won't work. So you can't stick a lift down, build a huge lift shaft and then place the floor.

Otherwise it works great on single player and servers. :)

When you download the mod, you should have a zip file called v1.6 rwgmixer. That goes under Data/Config and overwrite when prompted.

Personally I always play with shadows and reflections off because I find they're both a massive performance hit for no good reason.

Thanks for the reply KhaineGB and many thanks for this mod I love it :)

One little thing i noticed when I use a Titanium pick axe I get no sound when using it ? maybe it is only me but the axe still does block damage so no major issue as it still does the job.

That's something I know about but haven't worked out how to fix yet. :)

Basically, because the material is titanium, the game goes "I don't have any sounds for that" so it doesn't bother to play it. But if I set the material to metal, the sounds work but then you can't scrap it into titanium.

It's something I need to look into.

Hi Khaine, it appears the banana tree may be bugged. After whacking it once, the health dropped from 40 to 0, however, I can still repeatedly harvest bananas with no further loss of health (I stopped at 100).

V1.7.3 released!

• Loot lists tweaked. Most things should now have at least 1 item in them, even if it's crap.
  • Localization tweaks to fix typos.
  • Nailgun removed from the trader, added to the construction class as a reward. Schematics and parts can still be found in the world, and Caitlin still sells them.
  • Caitlin now only spawns in the hub wasteland (only effective on game restart).
  • Animal feed recipe changed to use fruit.
  • Grilled meat recipe changed to use 1 meat, not 2.
  • Axes now actually have a head damage multiplier.
  • Elevator mod added! I only put in the 2x2 elevator as I felt the 3x3, fully electric thing was not something most people would know how to build. Also be aware there seems to be a minor bug with it where you have to place new floor blocks from below, not above. May get locked to the construction class later, but I wanted feedback on how it's working, resources needed, etc. :)
  • New UI! Heath/Stamina/Food/Water bars are now vertical and next to the toolbar. Think more like A12 and earlier. Core temp and player level are now under the compass near the Day.

All on GitHub (Client and Server versions) so should be on the launcher. No restart required unless you WANT to move Caitlin's spawn point. :) GitHub was being a pain with letting me upload files, so let me know if there are any issues.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Why would you make grilled meat super OP like that, after nerfing meatstew? It still gives the same fullness and wellness as if it cost 2 pieces of meat to make, I think adjusting that too would only be logical.

ETA: also just noticed that in the oven it's still 2x meat, guess that's not intended.

Edited by owl79 (see edit history)

Because I screwed up and thought the 2 pieces of meat was my doing and NOT a vanilla thing?

EDIT: Fixed now anyways. Halved the fullness since the wellness is only minor.

And meat stew NEEDED nerfing because it's literally all anyone will make once they can make it.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Because I screwed up and thought the 2 pieces of meat was my doing and NOT a vanilla thing?

EDIT: Fixed now anyways. Halved the fullness since the wellness is only minor.

And meat stew NEEDED nerfing because it's literally all anyone will make once they can make it.

Hehe. :) That's been in vanilla since one of the A16 point releases. I remember people bitching and moaning about it on the forums.

...huh...

I haven't had that. That's a new one. I'll have to see if I can reproduce it.

To clarify, it is a banana tree I planted.

Also, regarding farming. I understand the seeds need be planted adjacent to the water source, however, will this work for earth placed above the water source?