Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Update for folks!

Final build of 1.7 is out on the discord. If you want to help find bugs, the link for the discord channel is on the first post. Server files also included if anyone wants to run a server.

The current plan is this.

If all goes well and no major bugs are found? Release Monday (30th April)

If there are issues? Release Friday (4th May)

Testers have reported that 1.6.2 saves convert over with only minor issues. Some blocks are misaligned or facing the wrong way due to new models. You can just pick them up and place them again (assuming you have a claim block). You also won't get any of the new POI's or tree's spawning in the world.

As such, a restart is not required but it will be RECOMMENDED. That way you can enjoy the new rwgmixer with larger AND closer cities, the new fruit tree's spawning out in the world, and the new trader who sells more of the high-powered items compared to the standard traders.

Thought it was worth giving folks a heads up in-case they wish to stay on 1.6.2. :)

Hey KhaineGB,

I must be doing something wrong.

So I copied DF-SDX-Client.zip, unzipped it and pasted the folders into my 7dtd 1.6.2 game and launch it from the 7DaysToDie.exe.

It starts to load up and goes through till it gets to "Loading Items" and stalls there, looking at the console it says:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1587 w=1 h=1 mips=1 d3dfmt=894720068 [invalid call]

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1591 w=1 h=1 mips=1 d3dfmt=894720068 [invalid call]

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1585 w=1 h=1 mips=1 d3dfmt=894720068 [invalid call]

SDX: Could not find bundle named 'AppleTree'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

2018-04-26T20:10:38 45.283 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Model '#AppleTree?AppleTreeGrowing' not found on block with id 443)

2018-04-26T20:10:38 45.283 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

2018-04-26T20:10:38 45.284 ERR at BlockShapeModelEntity.Init (.Block _block) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BlocksFromXml.CreateBlocks (.XmlFile _xmlFile, Boolean _fillLookupTable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2018-04-26T20:10:38 45.471 ERR Loading and parsing items xml file (Unknown block name 'FishLoot' in use_action 'MakeFertile'!/ at ItemActionMakeFertile.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 )

2018-04-26T20:10:38 45.472 ERR Loading of items aborted due to errors!

2018-04-26T20:10:38 45.472 ERR at ItemActionMakeFertile.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Exception: Block with name 'steelBarsCentered' not found in block id 558

at Block.LateInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Block.LateInitAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.Init (System.String _name, .XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData+NN.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

2018-04-26T20:11:35 102.792 INF OnApplicationQuit

Any thoughts on how to get around this?

Edited by Erik Louden (see edit history)

That is too small to read.

The resources files in the zip I got from Discord are the following:

AdvForge.unity3d

AppleTree.unity3d

AR15.unity3d

BananaTree.unity3d

BanditFemale.unity3d

CarrotPlant.unity3d

CoconutTree.unity3d

combatAxe.unity3d

CShotgun.unity3d

FloorPillow.unity3d

Hornet.unity3d

Lathe.unity3d

Lockpick.unity3d

MetalWorkbench.unity3d

MortarandPestle.unity3d

OilPump.unity3d

OrangeTree.unity3d

P225.unity3d

Radio.unity3d

ResearchDesk.unity3d

stoneHammer.unity3d

stoneSpear.unity3d

SupplyCrateHeat.unity3d

TailorStation.unity3d

TomatoPlant.unity3d

TraderCaitlin.unity3d

Wheat.unity3d

WRifle.unity3d

Yeah, I wanted to put it on imgur but it was down.

All those files need to be in your 7 Days to Die/Mods/SDX/Resources folder. The Model '#AppleTree?AppleTreeGrowing error is because it can't find AppleTree.unity3d.

Hmm I copied the folder into the 7dtd one several times, when i get home I check to see if its missing.

Everything going well so far.

Looking at releasing 1.7 tonight when I get home, so it'll be Monday for me and other folks in the EU (or later timezones), but Sunday for folks in the US.

Thought I'd better give a warning. :)

Is there a list of changes anywhere yet?

Cool stuff,

Again this is my, fav mod but there are a few things that I'm not too keen on:

1) I battled another radiated vulture again, after 20mins and 100 rounds of blunderbuss shot I gave up and ran away.

2) Zombie Behemoth killed me in 2 hits at level 110 with purple iron armor. worse yet I was like a ninja and the only warning I had was when I got hit from behind. If it's going to be that strong you might as well make it roar before attaking so maybe I get a shot off before I get killed.

Edited by Erik Louden (see edit history)

1-on-1, most people just run away from it from what I've seen.

Vs a base? Turrets and traps.

I know it only does approx 20-40 damage per hit with full, purple steel armour. Haven't tested with titanium. Just try and stun-lock it because it's not immune to those.

I've already lowered the damage (I'm using the original behemoth hand code TFP put into the XML... and LOWERED it), and the range, AND the speed so I don't want to nerf it anymore or it won't be a threat.

V1.7 Released! Patch notes.

SDX Integration!

• AnimationSDX added so custom models can all be added, rigged and animated in-game.
  • Bigger Backpack Mod! Well, this was already in the mod, but it's still there.
  • Auto-Favourite Mod! Whenever you craft something, it will automatically be added to your favourites list. This is to help with crafting lag.
  • Crafting Lag Fix! This is mostly for forges to help with the annoying stutter when you're trying to move things around & craft items, but it does help in the inventory.
  • MinibikeUI - Allows you to open inventory and map while ON the minibike!
  • MinibikeSmash - Now you can run zombies and animals over again! (Does not work on bandits. I tried)
  • NoExceptionHijack - That annoying red text that breaks your game? Yeah, that won't open the console anymore and get you killed.
  • FixedSpawnPoint - Player now spawns in the south west corner of the map on a new game. You will still spawn at your bedroll or as close to your backpack as possible (if no bedroll) You may end up on a roof. It's funny. Go with it. (does NOT work on the Navezgane map!)
  • Plants (not tree's) now REQUIRE water to grow on a farm! They will still spawn in the world with no issues. However, they must have water next to them (any direction, including underneath) otherwise they will die. Bet that water butt looks tempting now, huh?

Other stuff!

• Metal and Tailoring workstations now have their own models instead of sharing the workbench.
  • CNC Machine is now a Lathe with it's own model.
  • Advanced Forge, Mortar and Pestle, Oil Pump, Writing Desk and Radio also have unique models instead of sharing existing ones.
  • Stone Hammer now has a unique model.
  • Stone Spear now has a unique model.
  • Lockpicks now have a unique model.
  • AR-15, P225 and Winchester Rifle all have unique models that are as accurate as possible.
  • CAWS Shotgun now has a Combat Shotgun model and has been renamed.
  • AR-15 is now a proper semi-automatic, autofire has been removed.
  • Hand Grenade added! Not craftable, only lootable from military zombies and munitions boxes.
  • Hornet from A15 and earlier is back, with it's original sounds! Keep an eye out for them in both forest biomes (new model).
  • Apple tree and Apple now have models.
  • Banana Tree and Banana's added.
  • Orange Tree and Oranges added.
  • Coconut Tree and Coconut's added.
  • Carrot plant and Carrot now have models.
  • Tomato plant and Tomatos added.
  • Lots of extra recipes for these new fruits!
  • RWGMixer has been tweaked again to increase chance of desert (decreased chance of pine forest). Tomato has been added as a plant to pine forest, coconut and banana have been added to desert and orange has been added to maple forest.
  • Cities should also be larger and closer together.
  • Eating too much raw Yucca will now make you sick (but it gives you hydration).
  • Drinking too much tree sap will make you sick.
  • In both cases, you will get a "warning" buff beforehand. No penalties, but it's just letting you know.
  • 6 new trader quests available on the guard captain.
  • Tweaked the traders stock to have more "basic materials" to facilitate different playstyles. Removed some of the more advanced stuff (like military weapons and steel)
  • Levelled food added! Think like True Survival, you will find less fresh food and drink as you level up.
  • Scurvy added! You need to eat fruit/veg or food containing it to avoid scurvy!
  • Protein Deficiency added! You need to eat boiled eggs, meat or food containing either to stave it off!
  • Fatigue added! Yes, you need to actually rest on your bed for a bit now.
  • Floor Pillow added! Works like a bedroll for fatigue purposes, but does not regenerate health, stamina or reset your spawn point (takes cloth to make, tailoring station + sewing kit needed).
  • Female Bandit Voice Lines added!
  • Trader Caitlin has arrived! She has her own POI, her own voice (placeholder), lives in the wasteland and carries the most powerful items. She does have some basic resources, but is more likely to carry concerete, iron and steel.
  • Super Dynamite added. Unique to the construction class. Pretty much destroys a block in 1 shot.
  • Titanium Knuckles and Spiked Knuckles added. Spiked version unique to the security class.

Client version is on GitHub (apparently, after several issues) and SHOULD be on the Launcher.

EDIT: Server version now up!

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

I should add, because I forgot to do that...

The non-bigger backpack version is no longer updated! That will remain on V1.6.2 for the foreseeable future.

That's partially to make it easier for me to keep the mod updated, partially because it's now moved to SDX which breaks EAC compatibility anyway and partially to ensure I have a "clean" code base ready for Alpha 17. :)

I have marked it as such on the main post, and Sphereii is updating the launcher.

Will have to re-build the hornet asset file, but I can lower the sounds. Those are literally straight from the earlier alphas with no modification.

Disappearing textures are a UMA issue, so try playing with your UMA settings. Sadly it happens with ANY UMA-based NPC?Zombie (like in WotW and occasionally Ravenhearst). I already reduced the size of the textures and then run it in-game on high. Haven't had any issues so far. :)

Good day KhaineGB

Interesting New Game and start .... Started ME in a Graveyard next to a dug grave .. LOL .. you trying to tell me something.

WOW on the ESC screen .. Done good And so far still alive ........... Saw the hornet from a distance " looks good "

Have Fun and Enjoy ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity: