Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Yep, exactly. :) It can even be done during an existing game, but all those blocks that were already spawned will be stuck as neon loothelper blocks, only ones in cells that haven't been visited yet will spawn in properly. I found it's also important to watch the block format, exchanging a piece of furniture or such that's 1x1 with something that's 2x1 usually leads to ugly clipping.

I have big issue with crafting lag (mod version with big bag).

I know that the mod should have SDX integration for:

• Auto-Favourite Mod! Whenever you craft something, it will automatically be added to your favourites list. This is to help with crafting lag.
  • Crafting Lag Fix! This is mostly for forges to help with the annoying stutter when you're trying to move things around & craft items, but it does help in the inventory.

but it seems not working on my installation; I have the issue with single play and multi play.

what I need to check?

P.S.

SDX integration means that I need to install something else other than the Darkness Falls mod?

Edited by Hemfive (see edit history)

It's patched directly into the DLL, so as long as you are using the bigger backpack version, which should be version 1.7.3 (you can check by pressing ESC and looking for the version number above the menu), then it is included.

It's patched directly into the DLL, so as long as you are using the bigger backpack version, which should be version 1.7.3 (you can check by pressing ESC and looking for the version number above the menu), then it is included.

Yes it is BBM 1.7.3

What is the .dll file name? I want to try to delete it and sync the files.

Well I died my first death in this mod and it wasn't what I figured would have killed me. I was by a trader outpost fighting a zombie, and well.. The guard npcs 2 shoted me while "trying" to hit the zombie.. So yeah just a heads up... Don't go near zombies if they in the range of those trader guard npcs, cuz their aim sucks.

Bugs in red for me, fix

Version and log

Alpha 16.4, 45-slot BBM Version Download (Not EAC friendly, also includes 45 slot minibike and dropped backpack increase)

2018-05-17T14:59:18 123.113 ERR Adding file C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die Darkness Falls/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods\SDX/ItemIcons\ElevatorShaft.png failed:

2018-05-17T14:59:18 123.114 EXC An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.String,UnityEngine.Texture2D].Add (System.String key, UnityEngine.Texture2D value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModManager+RH.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

RH:MoveNext()

UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename: Line: -1)

2018-05-17T14:59:18 123.133 ERR Adding file C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die Darkness Falls/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods\SDX/ItemIcons\ElevatorShaftSmall.png failed:

2018-05-17T14:59:18 123.134 EXC An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.String,UnityEngine.Texture2D].Add (System.String key, UnityEngine.Texture2D value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Well I died my first death in this mod and it wasn't what I figured would have killed me. I was by a trader outpost fighting a zombie, and well.. The guard npcs 2 shoted me while "trying" to hit the zombie.. So yeah just a heads up... Don't go near zombies if they in the range of those trader guard npcs, cuz their aim sucks.

I'll give you one guess how I died the first 2 times on the server I setup... ;)

Bugs in red for me, fix

Version and log

Alpha 16.4, 45-slot BBM Version Download (Not EAC friendly, also includes 45 slot minibike and dropped backpack increase)

2018-05-17T14:59:18 123.113 ERR Adding file C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die Darkness Falls/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods\SDX/ItemIcons\ElevatorShaft.png failed:

2018-05-17T14:59:18 123.114 EXC An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

(Filename: Line: -1)

2018-05-17T14:59:18 123.133 ERR Adding file C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die Darkness Falls/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods\SDX/ItemIcons\ElevatorShaftSmall.png failed:

2018-05-17T14:59:18 123.134 EXC An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.

That's just duplicate item files I thought I had already deleted and therefore can be ignored.

If they bother you, go to the SDX directory and just delete the ItemIcons folder. In the meantime, I'll make sure it's removed from GitHub and local directories.

EDIT: GitKraken says it's done so those files should now be removed, in theory.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Heh, that happened to me too a few versions ago... I wait until the gunfire stops before I peek my head out now. :)

Also, should we be able to fill buckets with the Working Sink? I can fill bowls, cans, and bottles, but sadly no buckets.

Edited by Jazual (see edit history)

Move workstations

Hey man liking the mod so far but ran into a problem. I am trying to move bases and tried to pick up my metal workstation but it was damage. I can't repair it and can't pick it up until I do. I haven't checked for any other stations but if it's not working for one I assume for any others you added. Also, just a suggestion, but add that you can see the time in vending machines on the main Darkness Falls page. Right now it just say you can see time in traders, I didn't realize vending machines counted as traders. 16 days in and I just learned while trying to figure out farming from the fourms. Since losing the clock is a big change it'd be nice if where it can be viewed was more accessible. Again enjoying the mod and thanks for all your hard work.

Not gonna lie, forgot to add buckets to it.

I shall do that later. Makes sense you should be able to.

All is forgiven. I have the memory, and focus of a gnat, so no judgement here. ;)

So if I wanted to make the change myself, would I simply add the following lines (taken from emtpyJar) to the bucket item?

<property name="Focused_blockname_6" value="workingGraniteSink"/>

<property name="Focused_blockname_7" value="workingOldSink"/>

Or would there be more to it?

Thanks man! (I totally get it though if you don't want to guide a dope such as myself through xml editing).

Hey man liking the mod so far but ran into a problem. I am trying to move bases and tried to pick up my metal workstation but it was damage. I can't repair it and can't pick it up until I do. I haven't checked for any other stations but if it's not working for one I assume for any others you added. Also, just a suggestion, but add that you can see the time in vending machines on the main Darkness Falls page. Right now it just say you can see time in traders, I didn't realize vending machines counted as traders. 16 days in and I just learned while trying to figure out farming from the fourms. Since losing the clock is a big change it'd be nice if where it can be viewed was more accessible. Again enjoying the mod and thanks for all your hard work.

So I didn't see this when I replied. My apologies!

Yes I will add the thing about the clock & trading machines to the first post. I REALLY need to re-write that anyway, but thank you for the reminder. :)

I will also check the workstations and see if I did something REALLY dumb... like forget to add repair items to them... cos it's me... and I probably did.

All is forgiven. I have the memory, and focus of a gnat, so no judgement here. ;)

So if I wanted to make the change myself, would I simply add the following lines (taken from emtpyJar) to the bucket item?

<property name="Focused_blockname_6" value="workingGraniteSink"/>

<property name="Focused_blockname_7" value="workingOldSink"/>

Or would there be more to it?

Thanks man! (I totally get it though if you don't want to guide a dope such as myself through xml editing).

That is exactly how you would do it. :) If playing on a server, you can just do it to the server side and the XML will be pushed to the players.

V1.7.4 is up! Few bug tweaks.

• Duplicate icons removed from Mods/SDX/ItemIcons folder.
  • Trader guards given silenced weapons, because that was insane (may require new world for them to be properly equipped).
  • Working Sink, Working Oven, Metal Workstation and Tailoring Workstation given proper repair items... cos I cocked it up.
  • Buckets can now be filled from Working Sinks.
  • Numerical stats added to the stat bars (Originally wanted to do this, couldn't get it working, finally worked it out!).
  • Water can now be TWO blocks from your plants for farming! (See below)

Ok, so the plant thing has been tested and works. To give you an example, this is how I tested. W for water, P for plant.

P P P P P

P P P P P

P P W P P

P P W P P

P P W P P

P P W P P

P P W P P

P P P P P

P P P P P

That arrangement works great. :) Hopefully that should help stop some of the farming issues and make people a little happier. It also doesn't seem to cause any extra CPU load, which was the original concern with having plants scan for water.

Most excellent! Thank you.

Ok, last question (for the day), and I'll leave you alone. I have the farmer mastery now, and I'm still unable to use fertilizer. I'm using a scrap iron hoe, and I have 30+ fertilizer in my inventory, however, when I attempt to till earth (grassy ground), I'm getting the "ding" and the icon stating that I don't have fertilizer.

V1.7.4 is up! Few bug tweaks.

• Duplicate icons removed from Mods/SDX/ItemIcons folder.
  • Trader guards given silenced weapons, because that was insane (may require new world for them to be properly equipped).
  • Working Sink, Working Oven, Metal Workstation and Tailoring Workstation given proper repair items... cos I cocked it up.
  • Buckets can now be filled from Working Sinks.
  • Numerical stats added to the stat bars (Originally wanted to do this, couldn't get it working, finally worked it out!).
  • Water can now be TWO blocks from your plants for farming! (See below)

Ok, so the plant thing has been tested and works. To give you an example, this is how I tested. W for water, P for plant.

P P P P P

P P P P P

P P W P P

P P W P P

P P W P P

P P W P P

P P W P P

P P P P P

P P P P P

That arrangement works great. :) Hopefully that should help stop some of the farming issues and make people a little happier. It also doesn't seem to cause any extra CPU load, which was the original concern with having plants scan for water.

Nice so its now 2 blocks out in any direction. so my wppwppwppw is now wppppwppppwppppw.

Also thank you for giving them silenced weapons, they made SO much noise.

Also looking at the classes doesn't the miner seem the best choice overall? you get the forge unlocked, which is ok I guess its only 5 skill points normally, but the bigger bonus is the iron tools unlock that for other classes they need to wait till lv 50 to craft. You can't even repair iron tools like the iron pickaxe till level 50, so buying them off a trader has limited use early game.

As for the hornets do they have any loot? i've killed a few and never seen them drop anything, and all butchering gave me was rotten flesh.

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

1)

5) Classes.... oh boy. All I'm gonna say is this.

It's not getting changed. You can make class papers for half the cost in a writing desk. There's other mods out there where you need 200 OR MORE of their equivalent of skill notes to make a new class. Part of the point is to try and ensure players have other goals to pursue at higher levels as well. Lowering the cost would negate that.

You do get a bit more than defensive when people give input that is not in line with your own plan... I, and others, are/was only giving my/their view of what I/they think about the mod and how it works, nothing else. I did think you might have liked the input.. but what do I know.

Anyways, still like the mod but won't give any input here anymore.

Peace and out.

Most excellent! Thank you.

Ok, last question (for the day), and I'll leave you alone. I have the farmer mastery now, and I'm still unable to use fertilizer. I'm using a scrap iron hoe, and I have 30+ fertilizer in my inventory, however, when I attempt to till earth (grassy ground), I'm getting the "ding" and the icon stating that I don't have fertilizer.

You need an Iron Hoe. I made the scrap iron hoe unable to "upgrade" (which is what fertilising the ground counts as) so non-farmers have to find an Iron Hoe.

Only your class gets the recipe, and you should've gotten it for finishing your class quest. :)

Nice so its now 2 blocks out in any direction. so my wppwppwppw is now wppppwppppwppppw.

Also thank you for giving them silenced weapons, they made SO much noise.

Also looking at the classes doesn't the miner seem the best choice overall? you get the forge unlocked, which is ok I guess its only 5 skill points normally, but the bigger bonus is the iron tools unlock that for other classes they need to wait till lv 50 to craft. You can't even repair iron tools like the iron pickaxe till level 50, so buying them off a trader has limited use early game.

As for the hornets do they have any loot? i've killed a few and never seen them drop anything, and all butchering gave me was rotten flesh.

Miner only gives you the Iron Pickaxe and the Iron Shovel... if my memory is correct. I don't really think that's a massive bonus. I'm actually finding quite a few people prefer the civilian for the 45 skill points you get. It's VERY front loaded, but you get 0 perks.

Construction also gets scrap iron tools, the forge perk but they also get the Nailgun + recipe now as well. I may revisit that and give the miner the auger recipe instead (not the tool though) so they can build one if they find all the parts rather than having the iron stuff. That would put it somewhat in-line with Construction then.

As for the hornet, yes they are supposed to give you honey if you harvest the corpse. :) It was copied directly from A15, but doesn't always seem to work with the bone shiv. It does work with the hunting knife and the machete, not sure why.

You do get a bit more than defensive when people give input that is not in line with your own plan... I, and others, are/was only giving my/their view of what I/they think about the mod and how it works, nothing else. I did think you might have liked the input.. but what do I know.

Anyways, still like the mod but won't give any input here anymore.

Peace and out.

Firstly, going to apologise as I was a little blunt with a few folks that day. Totally not appropriate in any medium, forum, discord or RL (my poor wife got her head bitten off a few times that day!).

The class thing I am particularly defensive over, because I think the cost is quite reasonable when I've seen other mods require 200 of whatever their version of skill notes is to make a new class... and that usually requires using a custom workstation (where as the custom workstation is entirely optional and just halves the cost in this mod).

Your point about classes getting something every level HAS been noted though, and I'm actually looking at going through them for 1.8. The reason I'm leaving it that late is because a restart will be highly recommended for that version, so any changes to classes will properly take effect. :) I've tweaked the Construction class already so they get something every level now.

You need an Iron Hoe. I made the scrap iron hoe unable to "upgrade" (which is what fertilising the ground counts as) so non-farmers have to find an Iron Hoe.

Only your class gets the recipe, and you should've gotten it for finishing your class quest. :)

Miner only gives you the Iron Pickaxe and the Iron Shovel... if my memory is correct. I don't really think that's a massive bonus. I'm actually finding quite a few people prefer the civilian for the 45 skill points you get. It's VERY front loaded, but you get 0 perks.

Construction also gets scrap iron tools, the forge perk but they also get the Nailgun + recipe now as well. I may revisit that and give the miner the auger recipe instead (not the tool though) so they can build one if they find all the parts rather than having the iron stuff. That would put it somewhat in-line with Construction then.

As for the hornet, yes they are supposed to give you honey if you harvest the corpse. :) It was copied directly from A15, but doesn't always seem to work with the bone shiv. It does work with the hunting knife and the machete, not sure why.

Firstly, going to apologise as I was a little blunt with a few folks that day. Totally not appropriate in any medium, forum, discord or RL (my poor wife got her head bitten off a few times that day!).

The class thing I am particularly defensive over, because I think the cost is quite reasonable when I've seen other mods require 200 of whatever their version of skill notes is to make a new class... and that usually requires using a custom workstation (where as the custom workstation is entirely optional and just halves the cost in this mod).

Your point about classes getting something every level HAS been noted though, and I'm actually looking at going through them for 1.8. The reason I'm leaving it that late is because a restart will be highly recommended for that version, so any changes to classes will properly take effect. :) I've tweaked the Construction class already so they get something every level now.

I myself don't mind the classes taking a bit to learn it gives me something to aim for once I am well established. Also yeah I was thinking of going civvie for the skill points too. But not having access to antibiotics could be painful early on. Its especally good because you increased exp to level and also lowered the skill points per lv by 2.

Will you be making a version of this mod when a17 hits stable? I rather like it, its the first time i've died early game on survivalist diffculty. This time I was running at 4 am from a feral soldier zombie, trying to shoot it, and well, I backpeddled over a zombie corpse slowing my speed as it usually does and I was dead before I cleared that block XD. I usually play dead is dead so.. yeah.. I might have to revise that, maybe as long as i don't drop below 100 wellness (or 100+whatever wellness skill I have that ups min/max) I get a "life" Which means I have to hit 110 max health before dying the first time.

I do have a question, when you harvest say a coconut plant, if you leave the harvested tree there will it eventually regrow the fruit and I can harvest it again a few days later? Same for all the other trees, can I harvest the fruit then leave the fruitless tree there to regrow fruit again?

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

I myself don't mind the classes taking a bit to learn it gives me something to aim for once I am well established. Also yeah I was thinking of going civvie for the skill points too. But not having access to antibiotics could be painful early on. Its especally good because you increased exp to level and also lowered the skill points per lv by 2.

Will you be making a version of this mod when a17 hits stable? I rather like it, its the first time i've died early game on survivalist diffculty. This time I was running at 4 am from a feral soldier zombie, trying to shoot it, and well, I backpeddled over a zombie corpse slowing my speed as it usually does and I was dead before I cleared that block XD. I usually play dead is dead so.. yeah.. I might have to revise that, maybe as long as i don't drop below 100 wellness (or 100+whatever wellness skill I have that ups min/max) I get a "life" Which means I have to hit 110 max health before dying the first time.

I do have a question, when you harvest say a coconut plant, if you leave the harvested tree there will it eventually regrow the fruit and I can harvest it again a few days later? Same for all the other trees, can I harvest the fruit then leave the fruitless tree there to regrow fruit again?

I will absolutely be updating the mod for A17. I am SO looking forward to the new buff and quest system! I'll actually be able to make the hazmat suit work for the rad zone! :D

Wild tree's should regrow their fruit after approx 1 RL hour, though I may revise that. Not sure yet. They'll definitely still regrow, I'm just not sure if 1 hour is too quick.

Put down a claim block and pick it up.

Don't mean to be rude, but if you like playing nomad style, then you may want to look into the mods designed for it. I designed this one about settling down and building bases.

Put down a claim block and pick it up.

Don't mean to be rude, but if you like playing nomad style, then you may want to look into the mods designed for it. I designed this one about settling down and building bases.

Yes, of course, I quite forgot, claim block!

I'm sorry if I offended, English is not my native language, apparently lost in translation. I have been playing this game for a long time, so I'm looking for new sensations, including a nomadic lifestyle.

I really like your mod, I want to Express my gratitude.