Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I'm actually playing with just the day on stream right now, and I WAY prefer it so far.

I think the constant "not knowing" when horde day will be is the main issue. It's not unreasonable to assume the player is mentally counting the days.

So I think I'll play with this a little more and collect more feedback... but I might leave the days turned on.

Link?

Small update. (V1.6.1)

• Sulfur now takes 30 seconds to craft in the campfire, 15 seconds in the chemistry station.
  • Traders now restock every 2 days and have more basic materials for building.
  • Civilian mastery book REMOVED from loot and trader lists. It is now granted to the player upon completing their civilian class. Yes, this means the class is very front-loaded, but anyone could read the book otherwise.
  • Day has been added back under the compass. I felt that was important to know, plus it's unreasonable to assume the player isn't keeping track of days somehow. Time is still removed.

I felt adding the Day back was a good compromise, and I've been playing with that locally and WAY prefer it to either full information or no information. You'll still need vending machines to find out the time (or listen to the audio cues), but at least now players will know how long until horde day.

I also liked what Max had done regarding the basic construction materials on the trader, and I felt adding more would be of benefit to players. Amounts may need some tweaking, so let me know. :)

I also want to let folks know I'm probably NOT adding any more features to the mod, for now. There's a lot I want to do which is just going to be so much easier when A17 drops, so I'm going to wait for that (like prefabs related to quests, etc). Right now, my priority is to knuckle down on fixing any missing icons, localization, balance issues, etc.

Hey khaine, you got a prefab server? Was just wonderin cause i cant use the prefab editor for the life of me and i would like to make a few custom pois for myself with npcs and quest givers. Would ask gup but i think i burned that bridge:cower:

What? You didn't burn anything homie. =)

Small update. (V1.6.1) ... Sneaky ..

Good afternoon .. KhaineGB

Been checking all day and the one time I don't look and go into game first .. AND See the day under compass ....... I HAD TO STOP playing and come here and say thank you.

GOOD Job.

Yes .. I'm almost finished with another floating base and hopefully I can keep this one for a couple of months until A17 comes out and I know I will have to say Good-bye to this one also. I'll post a picture if you would to see or I'll leave G+ for you.

Anyway Have Fun and Enjoy ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

PS: Just got Done with 21 day horde this morning and moving on......... And forget to update page 1. :smile-new:

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

I do not, because I am lazy and haven't gotten around to it. ;)

But at least I'm honest?

It's something I plan to work on very soon, along with changing all of the localization to show where items are made/where tools are used. That's the sort of stuff I want to concentrate on for now, along with bug fixing rather than trying to add more features to the mod. :)

Bro, thanks again for such a great mod! Ive been having so much fun tinkering around with it since its at content lock for now. Added all kinds of army stuff to it, guns and vehicles with sdx. Put army dudes and quest givers in the army barracks and police station. The static guys you modded in are awesome. I can reskin em to give me the army vibe and give em new quests. Keep up the stellar job!

Once A17 is out and the block ID limit is removed, then I can do a LOT more.

I found out how to make quests target anything (like how the trader one works) but it currently tends to break the game. I only got it working on the destroyed traders.

Fingers crossed that'll work properly in A17 too.

EDIT: I should also add, once A17 is out, I won't be supporting the EAC version anymore so I can start doing stuff with SDX. I probably won't add a ton of new models (maybe spears and a hammer), but I do want to play around with extra textures (so I can make t-shirts and other things) and sounds.