Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Now A18 is actually out...

Yes I've been working on DF since I played with a streamer for a bit, so I had access. ;) Decided to rework civilian while I was getting the classes ported over. So I give you the new "Scavenger" class (replaces civilian).

7_Days_To_Die-06-17-37-06-10.jpg

I know you're focused on A18, but I just started playing A17.4 and have an observation... ok, it's a complaint, but I'm trying to be constructive about it. :)

The description of the class system in the first few posts doesn't indicate it locks you out of a huge range of skills, which is what it largely seems to do. I wouldn't have considered it if I had known this, at least not for SP.

I know you've said you want to work on a FAQ but haven't had time. If you do ever find the time, please also consider improving the description of the class system to better explain the dynamics.

Thanks.

Edit: Initial shock has worn off and I'm considering how skill books and might offset this. Gonna keep playing for a while, just wish I hadn't followed the advice to choose the Useless Meatsa... err, Civilian Class.

Edited by alphaniner (see edit history)

It doesn't LOCK you out of skills.

Some skills are already available to that class at an earlier level. So those skills get locked because PLAYERS were complaining they had spent perks on stuff they wouldn't need.

Example: Laborer gets locked out of forged ahead, advanced forge, iron crafting and steel crafting perks because all of those are available in Hammer and Forge, and unlock way earlier.

What about cooking skills? Seems like you either have to choose Farmer or you're at the mercy of RNGesus.

Do books exist for any class skills? If so, and you read one but aren't in the class, can you actually "use" the skill? I feel dumb for asking this, but on the one hand it seems like a no brainer*, while on the other hand it seems to defeat the purpose of the class system.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

* At least for cooking skills. But I'm kind of flabbergasted that's under Farmer to begin with so I'm very biased on this.

There's plenty you CAN cook without needing farmer. You just don't get the food that gives the buffs to help with near death. But you can pretty much live off bacon and eggs (yes, I unlocked that because I thought it was dumb it was locked to begin with ;) ) and bottled water.

That will get tweaked slightly in A18 since I can unlock easier with recipe books.

But you can pretty much live off bacon and eggs (yes, I unlocked that because I thought it was dumb it was locked to begin with ;) ).

Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, I eventually had to accept that my machine just can't handle the increased load (it's below reqs for the game to begin with) so I've uninstalled.

Anybody know how to permanently get rid of this tree waterfall?

A17.4_2019-10-10_16-11-54.thumb.jpg.faf6e2c98e15e4f83c999d81ddbc1448.jpg

A17.4_2019-10-10_16-12-17.thumb.jpg.b1d86244c84fe1eca60d576a37fedd09.jpg

I've removed it a couple of times with the wood frame trick but it keeps coming back with every restart. I put a rain catcher in on the other side of the Trader but it's about 50 yards away. Still, could be related. I just recently noticed it but it's getting worse - lol. This is Navezgane - the trader right at the forest/burnt forest line. Anybody else have this issue?

Hey Khaine what's up with crafting Fort Bites? I have Physician 4 but it's still locked at the Chemistry Station and all other stations it says "Requires Lead Car Battery" and/or "Requires Chemistry Station" but no station has a slot for a battery.

OK, I figured it out. It's the "Working Wall Oven" that you need. And it has a slot for a battery. This mod needs a guide - or at least a FAQ:smile-new:

Anybody know how to permanently get rid of this tree waterfall?

I've removed it a couple of times with the wood frame trick but it keeps coming back with every restart. I put a rain catcher in on the other side of the Trader but it's about 50 yards away. Still, could be related. I just recently noticed it but it's getting worse - lol. This is Navezgane - the trader right at the forest/burnt forest line. Anybody else have this issue?

Have you tried getting rid of the tree that is right by it? I'd try that and also try digging a hole in the ground and placing some blocks there to see if it makes it go away. I've never seen that before and also agree that it is pretty cool, lol.

Have you tried getting rid of the tree that is right by it? I'd try that and also try digging a hole in the ground and placing some blocks there to see if it makes it go away. I've never seen that before and also agree that it is pretty cool, lol.

Yeah, cutting down the tree only makes it shorter (because there's no branches for it to cling to I guess) and I've dug down to rock and the water keeps coming. If you look at this latest screenshot I think it's getting bigger. Notice the block of water way up in the sky. I don't think that was there before - lol!

A17.4_2019-10-18_22-16-27.jpg.d9e85e3c990a0c5cb6864892caa0e502.jpg

Thanks for the ideas anyway :smile-new:

Edited by scubahalo (see edit history)

Yeah, cutting down the tree only makes it shorter (because there's no branches for it to cling to I guess) and I've dug down to rock and the water keeps coming. If you look at this latest screenshot I think it's getting bigger. Notice the block of water way up in the sky. I don't think that was there before - lol!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29891[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the ideas anyway :smile-new:

Funny thing others say they haven't seen it, I got a recent game where in two different spots I have the same water in the sky that wasn't there when I first started

Interesting. Did you by chance put in any rain catcher's nearby?

Funny thing you say that, I wouldn't say the rain catchers was nearby as such but maybe within a 50 block radius from each spot. So would be the common thing as the 2nd water block in the sky didn't show up until some time after the 2nd rain catcher was placed. My thoughts though was something to do with them as never seen these issues before as never had used rain catchers previously.

Funny thing you say that, I wouldn't say the rain catchers was nearby as such but maybe within a 50 block radius from each spot. So would be the common thing as the 2nd water block in the sky didn't show up until some time after the 2nd rain catcher was placed. My thoughts though was something to do with them as never seen these issues before as never had used rain catchers previously.

Yeah, I think it's a bug related to those rain catchers. Mine is about 40 or 50 blocks away on the other side of the trader. I buried it in a hole 2 blocks down and 2 blocks wide with the top open (as suggested on this thread) in the middle of my small garden. I think that water has to go somewhere so it's just popping up randomly within 50 or so blocks. I thought from the beginning it might be related but your post pretty much cinches it I think.

So just to keep folks in the loop of what's going on.

Yes, i'm updating DF for A18. As of yesterday, it was on V2.4-DEV-B13.

Then A18 went stable and A18.1 went into experimental.

So today the mod got updated to B14 and pushed out to testers (with A18.1 compatibility). There's still bugs we need to find, but it mostly works. There's a lot of missing localization as well. On top of that, a lot of the mods I use made by other folks (like sphereii) ALSO got updated, so i'm helping bug-find on those... AND make some of my own C# patches for extra functionality.

No ETA yet, but wanted to let folk's know the mod has not been abandoned. :)