Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

hi today my drone gone lost

P_2_the_0 - count(1)]
entityId: 12476, classId: entityJunkDrone, lastKnownPosition: none

what i tried so far is

deleted the drone files from server

2023-12-04T22:14:41 14648.744 INF Executing command 'jd clear'
2023-12-04T22:14:41 14648.744 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ConsoleCmdJunkDrone.Execute (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] _params, CommandSenderInfo _senderInfo) [0x0049e] in <2fa89239d1f44466ac3f85d44a10e47a>:0
  at SdtdConsole.executeCommand (System.String _command, CommandSenderInfo _senderInfo) [0x00123] in <2fa89239d1f44466ac3f85d44a10e47a>:0
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStringFromException(Object)
Log:Exception(Exception)
SdtdConsole:executeCommand(String, CommandSenderInfo)
SdtdConsole:ExecuteSync(String, ClientInfo)
NetPackageConsoleCmdClient:ProcessPackage(World, GameManager)
ConnectionManager:ProcessPackages(INetConnection, NetPackageDirection, ClientInfo)
ConnectionManager:Update()

2023-12-04T22:14:49 14655.988 INF Executing command 'jd clear 12476'

is there a way to fix this i realy dont want to setup the server again...

khaine i have a question me and my friend is playing adventure difficulty and zombies spawn on max 64 zombies on alpha 21.2 b28 both off us are on level 29 and 35 we had our first  horde night day 7  and it was a mess there was so many zombies that both our PC had a lag spike we could not even move. im been playing darkness falls since alpha 20 and this was the first time so many zombies spawned in. my question is is that normal, or is it a bug or what can it be.  

and thank you for all the hard work on the mod we really appreciate it. 

Patch day! DF V5.0.1 is out! New save IS NOT NEEDED.

Darkness Falls V5.0.1

- (IDC) Updated IDC core to fix some player reported issues.
- (IDC) Fixed screamers not spawning on scream.
- (SphereII) Updated SCore. (21.2.11.1647)
- Fixed incorrect icon on the granite working sink.
- Fixed player lights placing in the wrong direction to what the preview shows.
- Fixed some missing stats on Codeine.
- Fixed Irrigation pipe rotation.
- Changed "HealthChangeOT" on Blade Master and Get Off My Land to GeneralDamageResist instead.
- Removed the Pulse Mine knockback as it was causing issues with them working properly. Also added a "buffwhenwalkedon" so it should HOPEFULLY disable regeneration.
- Increased regeneration of demons and empowered demons as players complained they were a little too easy.
- Lowered the firing speed of the pipe machine gun, but increased the firing speed of the AK so it feels more like a proper upgrade.
- Increased the firing speed of the auto shotgun so it feels better than the pump shotgun.
- Flammable oil and Flaming Shaft mod should now scale fire damage with Demolitions Expert like molotov's.

Main Download: https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/DarknessFallsA21/_git/DarknessFallsA21

On 12/6/2023 at 5:43 PM, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Fren Did you get your problem solved already? I just set up a server and i can choose from older game versions just fine. Back to A19.6 is possible. It´s in basic settings right under "Servername" and is called "Branch"

I have reinstalled the mod after the update and turned the server-auto-update off again

So far it works smoothly. I can't pick a different version on the server.  I try to back up more often. 

Thanks for the branch tip - never saw that before :{ 

14 hours ago, P_2_the_0 said:

the update wont fix the drone

the command jd clear doesent work

the steel log spike is upgradable to titan with steel

*edit*

we have a lot of missplaced trees and bushes some trees are hover 1 to 5 blocks or 1 to 5 blocks under the surface

Tell TFP to fix the drone then

I love using the stone hammer to upgrade blocks since it's one hit.  It works for wood and cobble, but doesn't recognize I'm holding concrete mix when trying the 3rd upgrade.   Is this by design?

I have to switch to a claw hammer at that point.

Yes, the Stone Hammer should only upgrade up to Cobblestone.  Later, you'll encounter a similar issue with Titanium blocks (Only the Titanium Hammer upgrades up to this, last I checked).  Personally I really like the limitation on Stone Hammer since that way I don't waste concrete when I'm in a hurry.  I usually go from Stone Hammer to Nailgun (I've usually unlocked Labourer by the time I'm going for Concrete), but Claw Hammer works.

@KhaineGB

I just noticed the photo of Sir Honkers in the download.  I approve.  I've no idea if it's in the game (maybe a sign's URL?), but worthy.

Edited by Brevan (see edit history)

On 12/10/2023 at 2:30 AM, Fisher said:

I love using the stone hammer to upgrade blocks since it's one hit.  It works for wood and cobble, but doesn't recognize I'm holding concrete mix when trying the 3rd upgrade.   Is this by design?

I have to switch to a claw hammer at that point.

Yep, intended. It's to help you get a crappy wood/cobble base built fast.

19 hours ago, Brevan said:

Yes, the Stone Hammer should only upgrade up to Cobblestone.  Later, you'll encounter a similar issue with Titanium blocks (Only the Titanium Hammer upgrades up to this, last I checked).  Personally I really like the limitation on Stone Hammer since that way I don't waste concrete when I'm in a hurry.  I usually go from Stone Hammer to Nailgun (I've usually unlocked Labourer by the time I'm going for Concrete), but Claw Hammer works.

@KhaineGB

I just noticed the photo of Sir Honkers in the download.  I approve.  I've no idea if it's in the game (maybe a sign's URL?), but worthy.

That's in there because I accidentally added it (and some other stuff) to one of the private dev builds. We decided to leave it there as a bit of an in-joke. :)

15 hours ago, lifeundone said:

IDK what you might need but when I alt+tab out of the game and then come back in, it locks me into controller mode and I dont have a controller hooked up to my pc.

Haven't had that problem and I alt-tab a lot when recording youtube stuff cos OBS is special.

@KhaineGB Hey, thanks man for this awesome mod, we played it a lot in A20 and started now a fresh game in A21 and experiented a bug.
Versions: A21.2 b30 and V5.0.1
We started from scratch with this version, so no old savegame. We play at a dedicated server.

After my friend placed a chicken coop, he could not join anymore. I could join.

So I removed the chicken coop then he could join.

So I placed a chicken coop somewhere else. Again, he could not join, I could.
Do you have any ideas how to fix this?

Error message:

An Internal Net Connection Error Occurred, to Prevent Stability Issue You Have Been Disconnected

Edited by AndromedaXP (see edit history)

Sorry if this rambles a bit, but has anyone had these weird problems in DF with game file corruptions?

After about 20-40 hours or so of gameplay (about the time I've just gotten a laser workstation), game file corruptions suddenly kick in.  None of the workstation recipes will now appear in any workstations/forges and suddenly a number of loot items are no longer scrapable, like all of the scrap armor items... the 'S' option has disappeared.

Game startup will suddenly start having world generation issues (lots of red errors in consoles) and soon thereafter, the game save is no longer playable.

I use the Backup mod... and this helps, sometimes, to restore game to an older state before the corruption, but the only fix that's 75% effective is to wipe the 7D2D directory and reload all game files from steam, then a clean install of DF... and then copying an older game save backup.  Even this doesn't always reliably work  😕

I think I have had this sequence of problems for my last 5-6 games, since A21 started.  Sucks that I've never been able to make it to the DF bunker in any of my last four game playthroughs  :(

/not blaming DF... I think it has happened to me in vanilla as well 

//nope... new reinstalls didn't fix it this time - time for another new game then <sniff>

Edited by Lumpus (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Lumpus said:

Sorry if this rambles a bit, but has anyone had these weird problems in DF with game file corruptions?

After about 20-40 hours or so of gameplay (about the time I've just gotten a laser workstation), game file corruptions suddenly kick in.  None of the workstation recipes will now appear in any workstations/forges and suddenly a number of loot items are no longer scrapable, like all of the scrap armor items... the 'S' option has disappeared.

Game startup will suddenly start having world generation issues (lots of red errors in consoles) and soon thereafter, the game save is no longer playable.

I use the Backup mod... and this helps, sometimes, to restore game to an older state before the corruption, but the only fix that's 75% effective is to wipe the 7D2D directory and reload all game files from steam, then a clean install of DF... and then copying an older game save backup.  Even this doesn't always reliably work  😕

I think I have had this sequence of problems for my last 5-6 games, since A21 started.  Sucks that I've never been able to make it to the DF bunker in any of my last four game playthroughs  :(

/not blaming DF... I think it has happened to me in vanilla as well 

//nope... new reinstalls didn't fix it this time - time for another new game then <sniff>

I'll offer up my ramble then. A21.2 DF V5.00 B29. I usually choose Laborer Class first. This time I went with Hunter Class because of the silenced hunting rifle. I then chose Scientist Class (which was such a bad choice since it took forever to get all the chemistry station stuff together...forgot about the acid bottles). Then Farmer Class (to grow ink stuff) and as of now Laborer Class too.  I won't go that route again (no early miner's helmet for the rainstorms and mining, no early forges, etc). 

Crafted the first Workbench and then the Metals Workbench. Maybe both by day 20. By day 50 I realised I couldn't craft a regular Workbench anymore. Wait, I crafted the first one...what the hell? Reading multiple Workbench perks (their book icons were open, i.e. 'read') didn't help. I had to use skill points under Laborer (level 2 of Advanced Engineering) to finally craft my second Workbench.

I'm not at Laser Workbench level yet. Hope these symptons don't continue.  However, this latest release has changed where skill notes (Mining, Athletics, Rifles, etc) now display an open book icon when we've reached level 100 for them (Yay!).  Just a swag, but could this be related?

4 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Question: do you have to be a mechanic to be able to use the Vehicle Repair Kit?

I'm asking because I found a "repairable" Minibike in the desert, crafted a vehicle repair kit, went there and tried to repair it, but couldn't. :noidea:

It sounds like you used one? You need more than one for a mini bike. I can't recall the number.

4 hours ago, SnowBee said:

It sounds like you used one? You need more than one for a mini bike. I can't recall the number.

But the game didn't give me any message or anything. Do you know how to actually USE a vehicle repair kit?

I mean, I don't even know how to... I tried left-clicking on the minibike, right clicking on it, I tried putting the VRK inside the minibike storage... couldn't figure out how to.

16 hours ago, Melange said:

Crafted the first Workbench and then the Metals Workbench. Maybe both by day 20. By day 50 I realised I couldn't craft a regular Workbench anymore. Wait, I crafted the first one...what the hell? Reading multiple Workbench perks (their book icons were open, i.e. 'read') didn't help. I had to use skill points under Laborer (level 2 of Advanced Engineering) to finally craft my second Workbench.

That's intended behaviour.  A requirement for the Forge Ahead perk book is "No labourer class".  As soon as you spec into labourer, you no longer meet the requirements and lose that perk.  I made sure to save up steel and craft the advanced forge before taking the labourer class, because I knew I'd lose the ability.

Question for Khaine:  The working sink can't fill bowls, only jars.  The thing is the working oven uses only bowls in it's recipes (like veg stew).  Could we either get the ability to fill bowls with the sink or use jars in the oven recipes?  Just an idea.

4 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

But the game didn't give me any message or anything. Do you know how to actually USE a vehicle repair kit?

I mean, I don't even know how to... I tried left-clicking on the minibike, right clicking on it, I tried putting the VRK inside the minibike storage... couldn't figure out how to.

There is description on the repair kit specifying the tools it can be used with and the vehicle will appear in your inventory once repaired.

10 hours ago, arramus said:

Right click/secondary action on it with a repair tool like the hammer or nailgun while having 2 Vehicle Repair Kits available. Once repaired, it'll be added to your inventory. 1 for bicycle and 3 for motorcycle.

Thanks! I'll try that. :) 

7 hours ago, SnowBee said:

There is description on the repair kit specifying the tools it can be used with and the vehicle will appear in your inventory once repaired.

I've read that description and I have a nailgun, but the description didn't specify how many kits you need for each vehicle.

I'll try what arramus said. Thanks anyway.

Hi Developer.

I come with a question from a community of gamers who like to play Darkness Falls. We have dedicated server which we connect to.

With the recent release, DF5, the project seems to have moved to Azure. Before that the project, if I remember correctly, was hosted on Github. Sadly, the system which we use to host 7DtD and DF cannot download from Azure at the moment.

Would it be possible to have DF5 published as a ZIP package to the old Github site as well as the new Azure?

Kind regards.

Im Curious to know if its me or just a game stage thing. The level of screamers spawning despite taking precautions seems to be a bit out of touch.  Im currently at day 69 Game stage 597, and I have demonic (red or orange) screamers spawning through just about anything I do.

Go explore a POI, shoot zombies up even when using silencer, get 1/4 way through a tier 3 or 4 POI and bam, screamer shows up.

Go mine for resources with an auger, 2 minutes in, bam screamer. 

Mine without Auger using standard pickaxe 3 minutes, bam screamer.

Sneak mine, 4 minutes, bam screamer.   

Eat beans on toast, and fart. bam screamer. 

Like what the heck. Is there a point where you cannot legit mine for resources or do a POI without dealing with a near endless horde of interruptions?