Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

On 12/2/2023 at 5:35 PM, KhaineGB said:

Install the macOS patch here: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=posts&BH=5

Or use crossover and run the PC version because it runs better.

Khaine,

Recently installed the new version on my iMac and am having the same problems with black blocks/poi's.  I clicked on your link but what actual mod do I download?

Thanks and love your mod!

5 hours ago, Llama1701 said:

Khaine,

Recently installed the new version on my iMac and am having the same problems with black blocks/poi's.  I clicked on your link but what actual mod do I download?

Thanks and love your mod!

i would try the basic mod package "Darkness Falls V5.0.1 Files (Client and Server)"

and then additional the "Darkness Falls V5.0.0 MacOS Patch"

3 hours ago, Llama1701 said:

I have been looking through Nexus Mods.  Where is the MacOS Patch?

At the nexus mods' page for Darkness Falls very far on down on the "Files" category...

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files&BH=5

Tip: Nexus Mods may not show Darkness Falls unless you are registered and logged in, due to their age-restriction-safekeeping-guideline-bs.

1 hour ago, Llama1701 said:

I do not see Darkness Falls listed as a game, only 7DTD.  I'm currently at mod# 1290 under files and still scrolling.   Sorry I'm not very savvy in this stuff.  I'm registered and logged in....

That is because DARKNESS FALLS is a MOD for 7DTD.

1 hour ago, Llama1701 said:

Could someone please post the link for the MacOS Patch to fix the black blocks/pois?  I am lost and frustrated....

Yeah me too, my friend. Me too.

It is ON the DARKNESS FALLS MOD PAGE in the LIST OF DOWNLOADS. That i linked in the previous post...

Here u go, direct link to that...

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files&file_id=14560

Endless Reinforcements....

We are enjoying DF in a group of 2-5 players having different levels and game stages. Recently we started to see something strange and not sure if this is intended behaviour or something else. We started a T6 quest (Rocket Launch Pad) and while fighting the 2nd or 3rd group a new group of zombies approached from outside. They were much stronger than those from the quest and are not marked by red dots as part of the quest. While we fought them off they got reinforcements and reinforcements and so on. Endless reinforcements until we run out of ammo, rocket, grenades whatsoever. The same did not happen when i tried the same location solo again as T5 quest. However, it happened again when we run a T3 quest in a group of 4. My friends are strating to get tired of DF as it became impossible to run a quest in a group of 2 or more as those hordes starting to show up more often. Are we doing something wrong? Do i need to change some parameters to allow quests to complete without any horde or endless reinforcements?

Thanks!

Just tried another T5 fetch quest in another city near by. Shortly after the second room large groups are coming in from outside. Again and again, no screamer seen. Only option was to escape the building and flee. However,, this was the second quest in row i had to flee because of those unlimited reinforcements. No fun.

4 hours ago, AllUses said:

Just tried another T5 fetch quest in another city near by. Shortly after the second room large groups are coming in from outside. Again and again, no screamer seen. Only option was to escape the building and flee. However,, this was the second quest in row i had to flee because of those unlimited reinforcements. No fun.

Sounds like The Wandering Horde (every day or two a group of Zs go to a location near you, sometimes you won't notice each other; DFalls lets you configure the size of this at the Start screen) initially, but if you were using explosives and un-silenced guns, and there's a group of you, then that certainly caused a Screamer (thin low-HP white-clothed female Zombie with a large toothy mouth) or two to spawn. 

Screamers' screams spawn a group (configurable size at the Start screen) of Zombies, which might include another Screamer.  If you kill them before they scream (i.e. they're still more than 20ish meters away) then not much happens.  If you fight Screamers summoned by Scout's missions, those Screamers won't summon anything (making them very easy Scout missions).

5 hours ago, Brevan said:

Sounds like The Wandering Horde (every day or two a group of Zs go to a location near you, sometimes you won't notice each other; DFalls lets you configure the size of this at the Start screen) initially, but if you were using explosives and un-silenced guns, and there's a group of you, then that certainly caused a Screamer (thin low-HP white-clothed female Zombie with a large toothy mouth) or two to spawn. 

Screamers' screams spawn a group (configurable size at the Start screen) of Zombies, which might include another Screamer.  If you kill them before they scream (i.e. they're still more than 20ish meters away) then not much happens.  If you fight Screamers summoned by Scout's missions, those Screamers won't summon anything (making them very easy Scout missions).

Thanks, we are aware of screamers and wandering hordes. How about 20+ wandering hordes as this is what we got at the start of the T6 quest? I doubt it‘s a simple wandering. I thought about level and game stage but even then it‘s insane if you can‘t run a quest at level 134. Is it because another player level 210 is in the world (12k) even if not in the party?

I guess another way to figure it out is to consider the Z's AI.  If you hide and they ignore you and walk past, then they were part of the Wandering Horde.  If they run past you and stop where a Screamer screamed, then they were part of her reinforcements.  If they run past you and stop at a spot (maybe marked by trash on the ground) in the POI, then they were part of the POI's Sleepers. 

I don't think there are any other sources of groups to consider, except if you are in the Wasteland at night then when an out-of-group (Sleeper, Screamer, Wanderer) Z dies, another Z immediately respawns nearby and might run to the location of the last death (if it was a noisy death).  In the future when you encounter a big group and it's not the weekly Horde event, then just find somewhere to hide and try to kill them with stealth so that the noise doesn't make things worse.

Starting a new game there are some options to manage the size of the wandering horde. Any hint where those settings are stored?

The game is running on a server and those options are not in the serverconfig.xml nor can i find any other files whih sounds like to holde those options.

Any hints?

1 hour ago, Brevan said:

I guess another way to figure it out is to consider the Z's AI.  If you hide and they ignore you and walk past, then they were part of the Wandering Horde.  If they run past you and stop where a Screamer screamed, then they were part of her reinforcements.  If they run past you and stop at a spot (maybe marked by trash on the ground) in the POI, then they were part of the POI's Sleepers. 

I don't think there are any other sources of groups to consider, except if you are in the Wasteland at night then when an out-of-group (Sleeper, Screamer, Wanderer) Z dies, another Z immediately respawns nearby and might run to the location of the last death (if it was a noisy death).  In the future when you encounter a big group and it's not the weekly Horde event, then just find somewhere to hide and try to kill them with stealth so that the noise doesn't make things worse.

Well, when it happened the first time we started the Rocket Launch Pad quest killing the Zombies outside the first building. There we no screamers in the quest groups nor outside to be seen nor heard.

1 hour ago, AllUses said:

Starting a new game there are some options to manage the size of the wandering horde. Any hint where those settings are stored?

Those are part of the "Custom Game Options" mod included with DFalls.  After editing them from the Start screen, they get saved here (this file is overwritten whenever you continue the game, but I've been assured this is the file to edit for a Server):
<DFalls Install Folder>\Mods\1-CustomGameOptions\SaveData\CustomGameOptions.xml

I don't have experience editing those numbers for a Server, so you might have luck asking on the DFalls Discord.  Make sure you read the FAQ, rules and information, and a month's worth of Announcements (folks almost never do these, which discourages cooperation).

Edited by Brevan (see edit history)

its ages i dont post in the forum, not sure its here to write about bugs, not a really game breaking bug but it trigger me:P

ive noticed that the working oven model block is not matching the preview but its just 2 color variant of the same style.. isnt possible to readd a version of a modern oven that can fit nicely with the lockable cabinets and or the kitchen paints? id love the same also for the working sink.. if im not mistaken in the past they were just upgrading from the regular blocks and were fitting nicely in the style

this is one of my favorite mods, but in the latest update, for some reason, with quest rewards and bags of zombies, all sorts of rubbish falls out!? is this intentional or is it just that no one is paying attention to it? such rubbish is brought to us that sometimes you think, but you need to farm it so much to get a bone with a jar of water))))))

Issued vanilla map generate world on Darkness Falls not worked 12k 14k 16k went error 'ArgumentOutOfRangeException'. Only work on 10k or low map. 7DtD vanilla map generate are suck.

I have Teragon map generate worked fine 14k map but don't have Darkness Falls wilderness POI on Read POI Property List, just manual edit add Darkness Falls wilderness POI.
zztong was included ZZTong-Prefabs-Property-List.txt easy copy paste for Teragon but Darkness Falls was not included 🤷‍♀️, can't find on Google search.

Hi.

Got another issue. My drone is gone. "jd" says i'm having a drone but position is unknown. when i enter the game you hear the message "critical issue, shutown" as usual. However, the drone is not visible nor does jd know it's position. Trying to use "jd clear" to drop ownership result in error "object reference not set to an instance of an object". Sounds like he think there is a drone but he has no pointer to the drone instance. I cannot spawn another drone as long as the other one is still somewhere. Any hint? Already searched the internet but nothing helped.

Edited by AllUses (see edit history)

@KhaineGB

Maybe some bugs...maybe...

1. Do titanium items scrap to titanium? I only get scrap metal.
  2. Powered shotgun turrets don't seem to have a robust shotgun sound when shooting.
  3. This might not be your Mod but its a definite exploit.
    1. Get a clear mission (could work with others).
    2. Do the mission but not finish.
    3. Log off / Exit.
    4. You don't lose the mission --- so just wash / rinse / repeat. Great for gathering books!!!
Edited by TechieZero (see edit history)

Something strange happened during, or rather after the 14th night. Zombies didn't stop spawning. The 14th night's horde (including behemoths, purple zombies, zombie bears etc.) didn't end when the night ended. They spawned and spawned and spawned... and behaved as it were night time (i.e. all zombies were running instead of walking). We played for few in-game hours into the day to see if they would stop spawning, but they didn't. We had to restart the server to make them stop. It happened only after the 14th night. 7th night was normal.

7DTD A21.2 DF 5.0.1, multiplayer game, self-hosted server, SuperCity21DFPEP map, no errors/warnings in the console.

I have absolutely no idea why sometimes this site works and lets me login and stuff, and sometimes it doesn't.

I'll try and catch up with stuff here and answer where possible. I do strongly recommend using the discord though, as that actually works for me.