Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

12 minutes ago, Realism51 said:

Im Curious to know if its me or just a game stage thing. The level of screamers spawning despite taking precautions seems to be a bit out of touch.  Im currently at day 69 Game stage 597, and I have demonic (red or orange) screamers spawning through just about anything I do.

Go explore a POI, shoot zombies up even when using silencer, get 1/4 way through a tier 3 or 4 POI and bam, screamer shows up.

Go mine for resources with an auger, 2 minutes in, bam screamer. 

Mine without Auger using standard pickaxe 3 minutes, bam screamer.

Sneak mine, 4 minutes, bam screamer.   

Eat beans on toast, and fart. bam screamer. 

Like what the heck. Is there a point where you cannot legit mine for resources or do a POI without dealing with a near endless horde of interruptions? 

That's an Alpha 21 thing I think. I noticed it when I go back to 20.7 and play with my brother. I think TFP upped the chance to get screamers when your heat level hits 100% and resets. Whether it's DF, District 0 or Vanilla the chance is higher then when I went back and played 20.7 DF or Rebirth.

27 minutes ago, wanderinpaladin said:

That's an Alpha 21 thing I think. I noticed it when I go back to 20.7 and play with my brother. I think TFP upped the chance to get screamers when your heat level hits 100% and resets. Whether it's DF, District 0 or Vanilla the chance is higher then when I went back and played 20.7 DF or Rebirth.

Ah okay. Sounds about right for TFP. I dont recall Screamers being popping  up so often, but dang, guess A21, screamers be bussin. 

If that be the case I might go into XML and see if I can modify the spawn rate or something. Im currently playing on Insane difficulty, but these screamers are legit making it impossible to get anything done

Edited by Realism51 (see edit history)

On 12/16/2023 at 10:38 AM, arramus said:

Right click/secondary action on it with a repair tool like the hammer or nailgun while having 2 Vehicle Repair Kits available. Once repaired, it'll be added to your inventory. 1 for bicycle and 3 for motorcycle.

It worked using two VRKs! Thanks again! :) 

14 hours ago, Realism51 said:

Ah okay. Sounds about right for TFP. I dont recall Screamers being popping  up so often, but dang, guess A21, screamers be bussin. 

If that be the case I might go into XML and see if I can modify the spawn rate or something. Im currently playing on Insane difficulty, but these screamers are legit making it impossible to get anything done

Consider me jelly, as i do get screamers to spawn when using crowbar powerattack or use powertools none of their screaming spawns anything for me. sadly.... i remember unending screamer hordes spawning in alpha 20... but not anymore...

4 hours ago, ihatetfp said:

Consider me jelly, as i do get screamers to spawn when using crowbar powerattack or use powertools none of their screaming spawns anything for me. sadly.... i remember unending screamer hordes spawning in alpha 20... but not anymore...

What DF build are you using because Khaine said that was a bug and he fixed it.

48 minutes ago, wanderinpaladin said:

What DF build are you using because Khaine said that was a bug and he fixed it.

Well f... me, totally missed that... hopefully i can figure out what files exactly got patched... since uploading the WHOLE thing to 'my' server would take about 20 hours... even longer if i am very lucky >.<

thx mate

On 12/18/2023 at 7:22 AM, Realism51 said:

Im Curious to know if its me or just a game stage thing. The level of screamers spawning despite taking precautions seems to be a bit out of touch.  Im currently at day 69 Game stage 597, and I have demonic (red or orange) screamers spawning through just about anything I do.

Go explore a POI, shoot zombies up even when using silencer, get 1/4 way through a tier 3 or 4 POI and bam, screamer shows up.

Go mine for resources with an auger, 2 minutes in, bam screamer. 

Mine without Auger using standard pickaxe 3 minutes, bam screamer.

Sneak mine, 4 minutes, bam screamer.   

Eat beans on toast, and fart. bam screamer. 

Like what the heck. Is there a point where you cannot legit mine for resources or do a POI without dealing with a near endless horde of interruptions? 

I feel what u mean now. After Updating i can not do anything without being totally 'overrun' by incubi, succubi, and a hell lot of fireball spitting things... screamers spawning screamers does add a lot of difficulty now...

Near endless? Not for me. It does end... with my death... Every time. xD

Anyone know how to change the wandering and screamer-horde settings on a non-ingame started server?

On 12/19/2023 at 8:34 PM, ihatetfp said:

I feel what u mean now. After Updating i can not do anything without being totally 'overrun' by incubi, succubi, and a hell lot of fireball spitting things... screamers spawning screamers does add a lot of difficulty now...

Anyone know how to change the wandering and screamer-horde settings on a non-ingame started server?

Just play in v5.0 where screamer hordes were broken and you're golden my guy 😎

On 12/20/2023 at 1:34 AM, ihatetfp said:

Mods\1-CustomGameOptions\SaveData\CustomGameOptions.xml

4 hours ago, Apocalipservice said:

Where does the current storyline end? I did the research rescue from hell fetch mission but then she seems to give me the same one again. I swear that I've seen folks on streams do more. but I'm still on 28 if that has anything to do with it. (Just wanted to "finish" this map first)

The current story line goes up to Anna's Research Lab quest from hell. In the past it was a matter of finding Eve, but the current story ending is up until Anna's single quest. It is repeatable. There is very likely going to be content added to the story in the future.

41 minutes ago, SnowBee said:

The current story line goes up to Anna's Research Lab quest from hell. In the past it was a matter of finding Eve, but the current story ending is up until Anna's single quest. It is repeatable. There is very likely going to be content added to the story in the future.

TY! Cool, time to update then after maybe one more horde. 

On 12/17/2023 at 11:59 AM, mar3ld said:

Hi Developer.

I come with a question from a community of gamers who like to play Darkness Falls. We have dedicated server which we connect to.

With the recent release, DF5, the project seems to have moved to Azure. Before that the project, if I remember correctly, was hosted on Github. Sadly, the system which we use to host 7DtD and DF cannot download from Azure at the moment.

Would it be possible to have DF5 published as a ZIP package to the old Github site as well as the new Azure?

Kind regards.

Hello again.

Any chance of getting another download link for DF5?

Background: The download link on Azure isn't compatible with our host / gaming system.

It has to be an official link or else the link won't be implemented by the provider. (or else we would've hosted the download ourselves)

9 hours ago, mar3ld said:

Hello again.

Any chance of getting another download link for DF5?

Background: The download link on Azure isn't compatible with our host / gaming system.

It has to be an official link or else the link won't be implemented by the provider. (or else we would've hosted the download ourselves)

No.

Azure IS the official link. Tell your host to stop being crap.

Or get a new host.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Some things i noticed recently while playing on DF 5.0.1 :

Consuming Animal fat gives 5 food while tooltip says it gives 0
Caitlinn respawns when server is restarted, unlike vanilla traders - she wont keep her inventory and wont accept old quests to turn in, results in being stuck with quests that where not turned in IF the server is restarted between finishing and turning in. Remaining retrieved supplies are stuck in inventory until quest is canceled/removed by player.

Found vehicle without hitbox, which i at first assumed to be repairable (cant be repaired nor harvested) - on supercity map, coordinates: 762E 968S

Happy holidays you all.

20 minutes ago, ihatetfp said:

Caitlinn respawns when server is restarted, unlike vanilla traders - she wont keep her inventory and wont accept old quests to turn in, results in being stuck with quests that where not turned in IF the server is restarted between finishing and turning in. Remaining retrieved supplies are stuck in inventory until quest is canceled/removed by player.

Found vehicle without hitbox, which i at first assumed to be repairable (cant be repaired nor harvested) - on supercity map, coordinates: 762E 968S

Happy holidays you all.

Correction: Driving supercharged Buggy full throttle into said vehicle makes it go BOOM. Nice.

5 hours ago, ihatetfp said:

Happy holidays you all.

I forgot: Power Armor does not benefit from advanced muffled connector mod (armor's stats remain unchanged)

On 12/27/2023 at 7:02 PM, KhaineGB said:

No.

Azure IS the official link. Tell your host to stop being crap.

Or get a new host.

Hi.

Are you the developer / creator behind Darkness Falls?

As I understand it you're not interested in hosting DF from yet another source. That is understandable. I'd really like to make DF5 compatible with the gaming system of our choice and the developer of it doesn't seem to be able to use the officially provided Azure link.

Would you consider allowing myself / my company or another one host a secondary compatible link with the latest available download of DF?

1 hour ago, mar3ld said:

Hi.

Are you the developer / creator behind Darkness Falls?

As I understand it you're not interested in hosting DF from yet another source. That is understandable. I'd really like to make DF5 compatible with the gaming system of our choice and the developer of it doesn't seem to be able to use the officially provided Azure link.

Would you consider allowing myself / my company or another one host a secondary compatible link with the latest available download of DF?

What is the definition of an official link with your host?