Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Is there a way to get the mods for the use the workbench to repair items  as a separate mod? I am wanting to have players repair stuff on a workbench, if they do use a toolkit, I want to use a degradation mod. Thanks :) 

On 1/12/2024 at 2:58 AM, POCKET951 said:

Are there any plans for darkness falls to improve storage similarly to UL? It's just annoying to constantly make boxes only holding 60 slots of stuff. Would be nice if we could craft 400-1000 slot storage containers

i fee you here but we started using player fridges and other containers. No they are not 1000 slot storage but quit being a hoarder! my wife does this and half of our base is storage. lol 

@KhaineGB

Hi friends, we are playing this wonderful modification with a friend and are very happy, but there is a problem. My robotic cannon and robotic hammer are attacking my partner's drone. 
Everything worked well in vanilla alpha 21.
Is there anything we can do about it? Thanks!

Khaine, when the scifi hatches are open, they have no "open/close" option if you are outside of them. In case I'm not being clear (I have a migraine and I'm at work atm) Let's say I have them in a hatch hallway. I raise them up. Then run around to the front where I am standing on the fighting position. I can't lower them to move into the hallway from that side.

Hi there,

Anyone help with unable to launch DF issues?

Fan of DF for the last few years, been playing it off and on. I recently attempted to download for A21 and it was successful in playing for a few days. Then red console started coming up randomly and eventually after playing with that for a day it no longer would load. I attempted to re-download DF and also 7D2D with a full clean copy of both but am still unsuccessful at getting the game to load past the "New Game" screen. 

I removed the full game install from Steam as well as the save/world file folders that are stored separately. Cleared my Steam cache and re-downloaded a new copy of 7D2D. I'm able to launch Vanilla without issues. Followed the video on the main page here to download and install DF.

When I then attempt to unpack the zip from A21 DF, I received an "Unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file" Legendary.unity3d file. When I attempt to pull the file manually into my 7D2D copy path, I also get this error. I re-downloaded the DF zip again and had the same issue but with a different file.. so instead I manually moved this new "Legendary.unity3d" file into my old file path and it worked. However, still when I attempt to launch DF I'm getting a lot of red console messages starting with "Error CRC Missmatch.. zombies.bundle/cntWallSafe/Items.bundle" etc. I attempted loading DF with Large1PEP, Large1NOPEP, Large2PEP.

TLDR Version: Vanilla works, DF doesn't, when launching DF after "new game" and settings, red console prompts until I force close the game. I've re-downloaded the DF files 3-4 times and re-installed 7D2D on Steam 2-3 times and also tried "validating game files."

Thanks for any help!

Below is my first error from the log if this helps at all?

CRC Mismatch. Provided 660adc32, calculated 8ea0cb33 from data. Will not load AssetBundle 'zombies.bundle'
2024-01-20T17:53:00 105.366 ERR Model '@:Entities/LootContainers/safeMetalWallClosePrefab.prefab' not found on block with name cntWallSafe
2024-01-20T17:53:00 105.366 ERR Model has a wrong name 'safeMetalWallClosePrefab'. Maybe check upper/lower case mismatch on block with name cntWallSafe?
CRC Mismatch. Provided 2d473e78, calculated 767832b7 from data. Will not load AssetBundle 'items.bundle'
Exception: The ProvideHandle is invalid. After the handle has been completed, it can no longer be used
  at UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceProviders.ProvideHandle.get_InternalOp () [0x00013] in <cd90ae869c8f4d6bb28e6532369e99c7>:0 
  at UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceProviders.ProvideHandle.get_Location () [0x00000] in <cd90ae869c8f4d6bb28e6532369e99c7>:0 
  at UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceProviders.AssetBundleResource.CompleteBundleLoad (UnityEngine.AssetBundle bundle) [0x0003d] in <cd90ae869c8f4d6bb28e6532369e99c7>:0 
  at UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceProviders.AssetBundleResource.LocalRequestOperationCompleted (UnityEngine.AsyncOperation op) [0x0000c] in <cd90ae869c8f4d6bb28e6532369e99c7>:0 
  at UnityEngine.AsyncOperation.InvokeCompletionEvent () [0x0000f] in <4bba812690714c578170328b4ec178d0>:0 

Edited by Rhanson4 (see edit history)

Hi everyone! I'm playing A21 DF and have a bit of an issue with game progress.

I've accidentally cancelled the find Razors compound quest for the scout, I have found the compound, talked to Razor, but he wont give me his 1st job. I kept doing jobs for the scout and got to tier 3 but it is still not triggering the find razor job. Every scout I've found so far in the map is locked like that. Is my playthrough doomed? any way to come back from this?

Big fan of DF, thanks Khaine for a great mod.

How do I check a POI tier while in game? I have been playing this game for a while now and i love it. Great mod definitely my favorite. I have not been able to find how to check a POI tier in game and I'm not sure if that by design or not. Thanks Khaine

hit F1 type dm in the console press Esc and select open poi teleporter and then in that menu type the name of the poi you are looking for. You don't need the entire name. If you're looking for a df poi just type df and the list will reduce to just the ones Khaine added for the mod. It helps. I used it to find out the lack of working stiffs in the DF New York City map. There's a few but most are in the wasteland.

You need to know the coded name like working stiffs are "hardware" or the crackabooks are "bookstore" 

Edited by wanderinpaladin (see edit history)

sorry.

DFalls_Razors_House

's workbench is in "usable condition"

Is it normal?

A21's workbench in the world is
"Everything is unusable."

In other words, in DF, the workbench of "DFalls_Razors_House" is
I feel strange that it is in "usable condition".

・In multi-server operation
Trying to live here
I'm trying to bring it home.

I could have destroyed it before anyone else noticed.
It was said in the general chat first, so
I'm at a loss as to what to do.

"If it's normal to not be able to use it"
I would like to prohibit its use and destroy it. .

----------原文-jp

すみません。

DFalls_Razors_House

の作業台が「使える状態」なのは

正常なのでしょうか。

A21のワールド内作業台は
「すべて使えない状態」です。

つまり、DFにおいて「DFalls_Razors_House」の作業台が
「使える状態」なのが違和感を感じております。

・マルチサーバーでの運用で
ここに住み込もうとしたり、
持ち帰ろうとしたりしてます。

他の方が気づく前なら破壊できましたが
先に全体チャットで言われてしまったので
どうしようか悩んでいる状態です。

「使えない状態が正常なら」
使用禁止と破壊を行うのですが。。

hello.
I failed many times with manual installation, so
Attach a mod launcher
``The base
7dtd in the steam genuine folder
No modification
When I set it to ~do not install MOD~,
DF now starts.

I forgot the error text
(? is forgotten)
Cl? ? was appearing.

I hope I can help you in some way.

On 2024/1/21 at 午前9時44分, Rhanson4 said:

やあ、

DF を起動できない問題についてサポートしてくれる人はいますか?

ここ数年DFのファンで、断続的にプレーしています。最近 A21 をダウンロードしようとしましたが、数日間は正常にプレイできました。その後、赤いコンソールがランダムに表示されるようになり、最終的には 1 日遊んだ後、ロードされなくなりました。 DF と 7D2D を両方の完全なクリーン コピーで再ダウンロードしようとしましたが、「新しいゲーム」画面を超えてゲームをロードすることができません。 

Steam からゲーム全体のインストールと、別に保存されているセーブ/ワールド ファイル フォルダーを削除しました。 Steam キャッシュをクリアし、7D2D の新しいコピーを再ダウンロードしました。 Vanilla は問題なく起動できます。ここのメイン ページのビデオに従って、DF をダウンロードしてインストールします。

次に、A21 DF から zip を解凍しようとすると、「予期しないエラーによりファイルをコピーできません」Legendary.unity3d ファイルが表示されました。ファイルを 7D2D コピー パスに手動でプルしようとすると、このエラーが発生します。 DF zip を再度ダウンロードしたところ、同じ問題が発生しましたが、ファイルが異なりました。代わりに、この新しい「Legendary.unity3d」ファイルを古いファイル パスに手動で移動したところ、うまくいきました。しかし、それでも DF を起動しようとすると、「エラー CRC ミスマッチ..ゾンビ.バンドル/cntWallSafe/Items.bundle」などで始まる赤いコンソール メッセージが大量に表示されます。Large1PEP、Large1NOPEP、Large2PEP を使用して DF をロードしようとしました。

TLDR バージョン: Vanilla は動作しますが、DF は動作しません。「新しいゲーム」と設定後に DF を起動すると、ゲームを強制終了するまで赤いコンソール プロンプトが表示されます。 DFファイルを3〜4回再ダウンロードし、Steamで7D2Dを2〜3回再インストールし、「ゲームファイルの検証」も試しました。

助けてくれてありがとう!

以下はログの最初のエラーです。これが少しでも役に立ちますか?

CRC が一致しません。 660adc32 が提供され、データから 8ea0cb33 が計算されました。アセットバンドル「zombies.bundle」はロードされません
2024-01-20T17:53:00 105.366 エラー モデル「@:Entities/LootContainers/safeMetalWallClosePrefab.prefab」が cntWallSafe という名前のブロックに見つかりません
2024-01-20T17:53:00 105.366 エラーモデルの名前が間違っています「safeMetalWallClosePrefab」。 cntWallSafe という名前のブロックの大文字と小文字の不一致をチェックしてみてはいかがでしょうか?
CRC が一致しません。 2d473e78 が提供され、データから 767832b7 が計算されました。 AssetBundle 'items.bundle' をロードしません
例外: ProvideHandle が無効です。ハンドルが完了すると、
  UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceProviders.ProvideHandle.get_InternalOp () [0x00013] in <cd90ae869c8f4d6bb28e6532369e99c7>:0 at UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceProviders.ProvideHandle.get_Location () [0x00] で 使用できなくなります。
  000]で<cd90ae869c8f4d6bb28e6532369e99c7>:0 
  at UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceProviders.AssetBundleResource.CompleteBundleLoad (UnityEngine.AssetBundle バンドル) [0x0003d] in <cd90ae869c8f4d6bb28e6532369e99c7>:0 
  at Un ityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceProviders.AssetBundleResource.LocalRequestOperationCompleted (UnityEngine.AsyncOperation op) [0x0000c] 内<cd90ae869c8f4d6bb28e6532369e99c7>:0 
  、UnityEngine.AsyncOperation.InvokeCompletionEvent () [0x0000f]、<4bba812690714c578170328b4ec178d0>:0 

Trader Razor's POI has working workbench in A21.  That is normal.  He is part of the Darkness Falls storyline.  You can destroy it if you want.  Razor also has working Irrigation for farming, and plants growing.

Maybe manual install failed because of kanji in folder names?  Try again with romanji.

From the Discord FAQ:

Installing from the mod launcher is not recommended, as it often causes issues that are difficult to troubleshoot.
Instead, install it manually. It really is not hard. Khaine has a video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ku2GZr1x2Y

Apologies if this has been answered previously in the thread, but are you unable to utilize this overhaul mod within a dedicated server say on Nitrado for instance?

I can get it to work perfectly fine within single player without issues aside from normal 7d2d bugs, but after uploading files through FileZilla and connecting to the server there are still a lot of options such as maps that are not available to play nor does the overhaul really come into the server.

I have performed many many tests now and have spent countless hours performing trials haha I seem to be against a wall so any advice would be appreciated.

I've searched within Youtube as well and there doesn't seem to be anything on complete overhaul style mods for Nitrado, mainly only simple cosmetic mods like water and food percentage locations and so forth.

Thanks in advance to anyone who provides the feedback.

In the Discord chat, one of the modders recommends against using Nitrado or GPortal.  One of the users mentioned that it seems lots of Nitrado users have trouble, but no BlueFang users ask for help (so presumably it's working for them).  If you decide to go the Bluefang route, then it'd be nice of you to use the affiliate link in the "Buy me a Coffee" section of the first post of this thread.  Khaine needs coffee.

2 hours ago, DrDerp said:

Apologies if this has been answered previously in the thread, but are you unable to utilize this overhaul mod within a dedicated server say on Nitrado for instance?

I can get it to work perfectly fine within single player without issues aside from normal 7d2d bugs, but after uploading files through FileZilla and connecting to the server there are still a lot of options such as maps that are not available to play nor does the overhaul really come into the server.

I have performed many many tests now and have spent countless hours performing trials haha I seem to be against a wall so any advice would be appreciated.

I've searched within Youtube as well and there doesn't seem to be anything on complete overhaul style mods for Nitrado, mainly only simple cosmetic mods like water and food percentage locations and so forth.

Thanks in advance to anyone who provides the feedback.

Usually with such hosts you need to manually set up the serverconfig.xml file.

Here is an example for a host-unlimited dedicated server:

Start the server once, to get working vanilla config.

Shut it down, make sure server is not running

Upload Darkness Falls.

Backup serverconfig.xml, then edit the server side serverconfig.xml file, look for the following parameters, most important is to disable EAC...

<property name="EACEnabled"                        value="false"/>

as well set the desired map to a darkness falls map in example

<property name="GameWorld"                        value="DFalls-Small1-NoCP"/>

also set game name to something unused (to start a new savegame)

<property name="GameName"                        value="xyz123"/>

save changes.

Then start the server.

That is all i needed to do, in order to make Darkness Falls work on A21 on a host-unlimited dedicated server. Should work for nitrado servers as well. Hope that is helpful.

What is the server starting procedure at nitrado? Do they provide some GUI that may force their specific settings? Just curious as the host-unlimited server start process is click the button and whatever the serverconfig.xml defines will be done.

6 hours ago, ihatetfp said:

Usually with such hosts you need to manually set up the serverconfig.xml file.

Here is an example for a host-unlimited dedicated server:

Start the server once, to get working vanilla config.

Shut it down, make sure server is not running

Upload Darkness Falls.

Backup serverconfig.xml, then edit the server side serverconfig.xml file, look for the following parameters, most important is to disable EAC...

<property name="EACEnabled"                        value="false"/>

as well set the desired map to a darkness falls map in example

<property name="GameWorld"                        value="DFalls-Small1-NoCP"/>

also set game name to something unused (to start a new savegame)

<property name="GameName"                        value="xyz123"/>

save changes.

Then start the server.

That is all i needed to do, in order to make Darkness Falls work on A21 on a host-unlimited dedicated server. Should work for nitrado servers as well. Hope that is helpful.

What is the server starting procedure at nitrado? Do they provide some GUI that may force their specific settings? Just curious as the host-unlimited server start process is click the button and whatever the serverconfig.xml defines will be done.

Thank you for this, IDK why I didn't even try this route!

I'm almost certain it will work for this as this is the route I've used for Ark in the past for similar situations just never a complete overhaul.

As for your question about Nitrado's server starting procedure, it's very black and white with general configurations within the GUI and there are generalized settings with drop downs within that can be manipulated along with a section where you can manipulate variables of the server config files within server GUI, I just haven't tried the generalized configurations that you mentioned below which won't be hard to locate as the naming conventions are all supplied within the Darkness Falls folder and the Mod is completely synced to the server.

It might be a pain in the ass in the sense of adding a lot of the specific Darkness Falls prefixes within the server config. I'll dabble with it and see what I can figure out and post back when I have a more transparent conclusion. If it ends up being too big of a mess to recode then I might try to go the other route with BlueFang that Brevan mentioned (Thank you by the way! Kayne deserves all the coffee!)

On 1/27/2024 at 12:54 AM, dannygarcia6190 said:

How do I check a POI tier while in game? I have been playing this game for a while now and i love it. Great mod definitely my favorite. I have not been able to find how to check a POI tier in game and I'm not sure if that by design or not. Thanks Khaine

Another way is to use a map renderer: you can search for POIs as well as see where they are.   https://kui.github.io/7dtd-map/

18 hours ago, DrDerp said:

Thank you for this, IDK why I didn't even try this route!

I'm almost certain it will work for this as this is the route I've used for Ark in the past for similar situations just never a complete overhaul.

As for your question about Nitrado's server starting procedure, it's very black and white with general configurations within the GUI and there are generalized settings with drop downs within that can be manipulated along with a section where you can manipulate variables of the server config files within server GUI, I just haven't tried the generalized configurations that you mentioned below which won't be hard to locate as the naming conventions are all supplied within the Darkness Falls folder and the Mod is completely synced to the server.

It might be a pain in the ass in the sense of adding a lot of the specific Darkness Falls prefixes within the server config. I'll dabble with it and see what I can figure out and post back when I have a more transparent conclusion. If it ends up being too big of a mess to recode then I might try to go the other route with BlueFang that Brevan mentioned (Thank you by the way! Kayne deserves all the coffee!)

I maybe also should have mentioned, that file i edited is located in the gameservers root directory, that very folder in which the "Mods" folder is located. The change of those 3 parameter values mentioned should be sufficient to get darkness falls to load correctly when the server is started.

Unless nitrado's magic GUI makes invisble changes to that serverconfig.xml when the server gets started. Then i recommend contacting nitrado's support to get help with their server start system.

On 2/1/2024 at 1:48 AM, Brevan said:

Trader Razor の POI には、A21 に作業台があります。それは正常です。彼は Darkness Falls のストーリーラインの一部です。必要に応じて破壊することもできます。Razor には、農業や植物の成長のための灌漑も機能します。

フォルダ名に漢字が含まれているために手動インストールが失敗したのではないか?ローマ字でもう一度試してください。

Discord FAQ より:

MOD ランチャーからのインストールは、トラブルシューティングが難しい問題が発生することが多いため、お勧めできません。
代わりに、手動でインストールしてください。それは本当に難しいことではありません。Khaine のビデオがここにあります。

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ku2GZr1x2Y

thank you
1.Trader Razor  POI working workbench。

I got it.

2. The folder for manual installation is
It's written in romaji, but
I guess it's my environment.

There is a major bug with the mod, 

With the broadcast upgrades, if anyone is accessing the chests while a remote craft is requested the mod will allow the craft and duplicate the item to produce it for the craft, leaving the items in the chest unused.