Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

33 minutes ago, Addie79 said:

I am Hoping to get some help on how to download maps for darkness falls to my host Havoc server . I have downloaded the mod itself with the mod launcher , but I am new to this and wanting to learn how to add the DF maps so we can play on a server 

The maps are already included in the mod. Just cycle through them when setting up a new game (Game World).

On 10/28/2020 at 10:21 AM, PotatoLegacy said:

Is there a way to manually reduce the crafting time while we wait for a patch or is it too complicated?

For those who have problems with forging time.
There is a problem with the recipes .xml in the config folder.
If you want to continue playing before the patch
In the XML editor, you need to adjust the "craft time" of what you want to make.

It takes about 45 seconds. Change from 45 to an appropriate number.
I wanted to make an arrowhead, so I changed only the necessary parts.
Sorry for the poor English, thank you to the mod creator.

Edited by ASRis (see edit history)

2 hours ago, scubahalo said:

The maps are already included in the mod. Just cycle through them when setting up a new game (Game World).

it says they are there , but when I select them I get loading issues. I filed ticket and host havoc told me I need to download the maps ..... why i am so confused 

Hi all. I got bored of vanilla and downloaded the new 19.2 compatible version of Darkness Falls. I’m liking it so far, but I had a bug on the first quest where it sent me to Trader Hugh but I was unable to speak with him and the quest marker pointed to somewhere underground. After digging to that spot, the marker kept moving. I noticed a well with a tunnel under it and thought maybe the marker was pointing there but I was unable to reach the marker.

This was using a random gen world that the mod generated. Is this a common issue or something I can fix with the console? I’ve heard a lot of great things about this mod and have been itching to try it once I felt I had mastered vanilla but having the first quest break has kind of put a damper on my enthusiasm. 

This is with a fresh vanilla 19.2 working install and no other mods. Mod was installed per the instructions on 7 Days to Die mods to unzip and overwrite the folders, not using mod launcher.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by Appropriate_Pepper
Added info (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Appropriate_Pepper said:

Hi all. I got bored of vanilla and downloaded the new 19.2 compatible version of Darkness Falls. I’m liking it so far, but I had a bug on the first quest where it sent me to Trader Hugh but I was unable to speak with him and the quest marker pointed to somewhere underground. After digging to that spot, the marker kept moving. I noticed a well with a tunnel under it and thought maybe the marker was pointing there but I was unable to reach the marker.

This was using a random gen world that the mod generated. Is this a common issue or something I can fix with the console? I’ve heard a lot of great things about this mod and have been itching to try it once I felt I had mastered vanilla but having the first quest break has kind of put a damper on my enthusiasm. 

This is with a fresh vanilla 19.2 working install and no other mods. Mod was installed per the instructions on 7 Days to Die mods to unzip and overwrite the folders, not using mod launcher.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Get out of the game and back in, that worked for me. I don't remember what map it was, but the merchant was in the snow.

4 minutes ago, LemonDemon said:

Get out of the game and back in, that worked for me. I don't remember what map it was, but the merchant was in the snow.

Thank you. Hugh was actually there but I couldn’t speak to him. The quest marker was outside about 30m east and 5 meters down but as I said it kept moving when I dug down to it. It was late last night so I can’t remember if I exited and reloaded the save so I will try that again, hopefully it resolves it. Otherwise I’ll just start a new game, I was only about 15 minutes in so no big  loss. 

Edited by Appropriate_Pepper
Mistype on phone (see edit history)

Hey @KhaineGB great mod as usual.  After playing for more time than I'd like to think about I found a couple of bugs.  The forge time which was previously mentioned is screwy.  Also upgrading to Titanium blocks uses steel instead of Titanium.  

So I was curious on how to beat those demonic army guys I've tried blessed metal mods on all my max leveled weapons but they regen faster than I can damage them.  Granted I don't have any of the special future weapons yet but I'd think max leveled titanium weapons would do it.  

Edit:  Also the farming the Press E to pick up doesn't work on all crops and if I punch them it kills the seed too.  But if I use like a knife it grabs the appropriate number of crops while leaving the seed alone.

Edited by Zyamaia
added info (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

So just a heads up.

I am reading and taking note. I'm just not replying because, being honest, having a bad time mental-health wise. So taking a few days to do some self care.

However, you folks should hopefully get a patch tomorrow at the latest.

Rest and renew 

Ok, DF V3.2A is up. Changes as follows.

- Coilshotgun can no longer be sold (same as other coilguns)
- Fixed the Quicker Crafting book not actually levelling Quicker Crafting.
- Fixed Mining Action skill not actually letting rare ores drop at 91+.
- Fixed display on Nerdy Glasses regarding craft time.
- Fixed a bug with tame wolf attacking AI.
- Slightly lowered cement craft time as it was higher than intended.
- Slightly lowered forged iron craft time as it was higher than intended.
- Slightly lowered iron dart craft time as it was higher than intended.
- Slightly lowered bullet tip craft time as it was higher than intended.
- Slightly lowered both arrowhead craft times as they were higher than intended.
- Increased iron bar craft time as it was lower than intended.
- Fixed a bug with the prefab editor toolbelt (though it may not be useable).
- May have possibly fixed a bug with the baseball bat and wooden club damage.
- Added new menu music.
- POTENTIAL fix for the "free bellows in forges" added.
- Added a failsafe to properly remove Anemia 4 on player death.

NO RESTART NEEDED!

Client (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sLA6AxPxUS2oJGGntUeTcJ5xNCZgSyrI/view?usp=sharing
Server (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jFkK8gcr9wq85Wt690pDhfFp7BDa-0MA/view?usp=sharing

Client (Git/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19client/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19client-master.zip
Server (Git/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19server/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19server-master.zip

The tool and die set disappeared from half of my advanced forges after the update.  I spawned replacements in and they do not work as well as the ones that remained in the advanced forges.  Cannot craft bullet casing using brass.  Get the error tool and die set required even if in the forge.  Also cannot make bullet tips of any type.  Also not working in the big forge, can craft in regular forge

Edited by Varzii (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Varzii said:

The tool and die set disappeared from half of my advanced forges after the update.  I spawned replacements in and they do not work as well as the ones that remained in the advanced forges.  Cannot craft bullet casing using brass.  Get the error tool and die set required even if in the forge.  Also cannot make bullet tips of any type.  Also not working in the big forge, can craft in regular forge

Reverted the forge change to fix it. It's uploaded to git already.

It's also the single file included in this post. (goes in Data/Config/XUi)

1 hour ago, TechieZero said:

Steel casing ammo will change into brass casings with a brass catcher mod.  :D

Not fixable and never will be until TFP give me a way to check for type of ammo loaded.

windows.xml

I had to reinstall the mod because of an update, and now I have crappy UI, like my toolbelt is white with a big red question mark and I cant see any of the items. Any idea how to fix this? Ok , so I fixed the UI problem, somehow the mods folder didnt get transferred over. So now the UI is working but the load screen has no options like new game, continue game etc. It just sits there.

Edited by nhldman (see edit history)

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Turn off EAC

EAC is off, and it gives me this error when it does load. I've done an uninstall and reinstall on my local computer as well. Once again though, after fresh install of the mod - when I start the game, I get just a black screen with the 7days cursor. I'm starting to lose faith. lol

2020-10-28.png

Edited by RangerLost (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Mskitten87 said:

curious is there a updated list for NitroGen atm or nay? can't seem to use RandomGen option it just errors out or sits at generating towns

On 10/17/2020 at 9:39 AM, KhaineGB said:

No because Nitrogen is not recommend OR SUPPORTED for Darkness Falls.