Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hi, I found a bug! When I click E too much on a snare, it is possible that it bug out and cause me unable to open any containers. Thankfully, it is easy to solve: fully restart the game. Mainly saying this so if someone stumble open the same issue, they don't kill their char and walk 1km like I did 😛 .

Edited by rosedragon (see edit history)

I plan to start a multiplayer game with this mod with some players during the next days.

Is the map (generation) still an issue?

What i read here on the thread, DF requires specific POIs to be spawned for sure on the map. And also has added/modified biomes?

Does nitrogen generate those maps correctly now? When i read followed the thread more or less, iirc it didn't. But that was... at least a year ago.

The mod also includes a pregenerated map, that fits all it's needs?

Anyway, i'd prefer a random generated map, to prevent players spoiling themselfs and others.

@KhaineGB I saw someone mention long forging times with the standard forge earlier in the thread, I believe you mentioned you were tweaking them but I’m wondering if there’s any update on that? With the Bloodmoons being much harder than in vanilla, taking over 5 game days to produce 1000 cement seems excessive, plus the additional time to turn it into mix. 

I’ve made due by finding bags in POIs rather than using the forge but that seems unnecessarily painful for low level characters when cobblestone isn’t going to take you anywhere near as far as it could in vanilla.

23 hours ago, elev said:

^ Yeah, but I can't.  I select it, hit remove, and nothing happens. :(

Unless Im somehow doing it wrong..  I dont recall ever having to do it in vanilla.

Just click it in the quest list, and hit remove up top,  yes?

Yeah, it should work. If not, you can use removequest from the console to get rid of it.

14 hours ago, rosedragon said:

Hi, I found a bug! When I click E too much on a snare, it is possible that it bug out and cause me unable to open any containers. Thankfully, it is easy to solve: fully restart the game. Mainly saying this so if someone stumble open the same issue, they don't kill their char and walk 1km like I did 😛 .

Actually... that happens in other mods AND vanilla to with anything interactable. Saw it reported as a bug.

10 hours ago, Solomon said:

Does this mod changes zombie AI? I mean are they the same regular pathing zombies searching for structural weaknesses or do they actually act like zombies?

Nope. Not yet anyways.

9 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

I plan to start a multiplayer game with this mod with some players during the next days.

Is the map (generation) still an issue?

What i read here on the thread, DF requires specific POIs to be spawned for sure on the map. And also has added/modified biomes?

Does nitrogen generate those maps correctly now? When i read followed the thread more or less, iirc it didn't. But that was... at least a year ago.

The mod also includes a pregenerated map, that fits all it's needs?

Anyway, i'd prefer a random generated map, to prevent players spoiling themselfs and others.

No added biomes.

Nitrogen does not spawn the required POI's. It is not recommended or supported due to this fact and the fact nitrogen maps use a TON of ram.

In-game RWG works like.... 99% of the time.

2 hours ago, Appropriate_Pepper said:

@KhaineGB I saw someone mention long forging times with the standard forge earlier in the thread, I believe you mentioned you were tweaking them but I’m wondering if there’s any update on that? With the Bloodmoons being much harder than in vanilla, taking over 5 game days to produce 1000 cement seems excessive, plus the additional time to turn it into mix. 

I’ve made due by finding bags in POIs rather than using the forge but that seems unnecessarily painful for low level characters when cobblestone isn’t going to take you anywhere near as far as it could in vanilla.

Fixed when I updated the mod to 3.2A.

1 hour ago, GooFuu said:

I tried found Mining XP Reduction but in workbench is not exist.

A19.2_2020-11-09_20-23-18.jpg

I shall double check that later.

Greatly enjoying this mod, much more challenging than vanilla. Have a question about traders training in mastery.  Have done basic quests in several classes, reached level 55 or so, and did 30+ quests and got my 100k dukes. But the trader is offering only one area (farming), rather than the mechanic I'm looking for.  Will he cycle through different ones?  Or do you have to get the first one before he changes options?  

Edited by ryan8438
Typo (see edit history)

It's commented out in recipes.

<!--
<recipe name="modXPNerf" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable,workbenchCrafting">
	<ingredient name="DFGenericSchematic" count="5"/>
	<ingredient name="resourceForgedIron" count="5"/>
	<ingredient name="resourceDuctTape" count="2"/>
	<ingredient name="resourceScrapPolymers" count="2"/>
	<ingredient name="ammoGasCan" count="10"/>
</recipe> -->

Just uncomment it.

Are you meant to be able to make steel bars in the regular forge?  It is listed a recipe that just uses twice the iron of the advanced forge version- and says you need the crucible, but I cant make it.  The regular forge only has 2 slots for tools and they are not crucible slots so you cant even put it in a regular forge?

1 hour ago, elev said:

Are you meant to be able to make steel bars in the regular forge?  It is listed a recipe that just uses twice the iron of the advanced forge version- and says you need the crucible, but I cant make it.  The regular forge only has 2 slots for tools and they are not crucible slots so you cant even put it in a regular forge?

You'd need at least a Big Forge (Vanilla forge > Big forge > Advanced forge > Fusion something) to unlock the crucible slot.  Advanced forges seem to be more efficient when crafting and do not take fuel

Edited by Yello_Pikmin (see edit history)

16 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

It's commented out in recipes.

<!--
<recipe name="modXPNerf" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable,workbenchCrafting">
	<ingredient name="DFGenericSchematic" count="5"/>
	<ingredient name="resourceForgedIron" count="5"/>
	<ingredient name="resourceDuctTape" count="2"/>
	<ingredient name="resourceScrapPolymers" count="2"/>
	<ingredient name="ammoGasCan" count="10"/>
</recipe> -->

Just uncomment it.

Where I can find file where I must uncomment this line?

40 minutes ago, InvIzIbleWQW said:

Can't gather "bowl of sap" from any tree, using clay bowl. It is now gathering in some another way? Or a bug, caused by game or/and mod update to a19(x) version?

I am in a19.2 and I can gather it. Have you tried both left and right click with empty clay bowl? I think it is left but I can be wrong.

On 8/22/2020 at 9:11 AM, kloudwork said:

Did you solve it dude? We are having the same issue, we tried to reinstall everything but same result.

Blame#sphereii, winterween took my attention away from DF, for now, we do love the mod! I can try it again see if i can figure things out if you still need me to, sorry i am bad for not replying on forums, i live in 7 days to die.

11 hours ago, Feersum said:

Hi Khaine .Is the advanced forge meant to be so slow ? running 3.2A  .30 mins just to make 200 nails and 1485 mins to make 10k cement .Seems very extreme .

In vanilla I always make about 8 forges for this very reason.