Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

i'm playing 3.1. level is 122. i just made three generic skill books and read them but my level is still 122. is there a cap on how much you can level using the books? and browsing creative ( no i didn't cheat) i see faction books, i assume you get them after completing (X) # of quests for one of the traders? asking here because searches haven't answered my questions. still on 3.1 because i really don't want to start all over again, thanks.

Generic skill books give skill points, not levels.

Faction books are the old method I was using to get trader factions working. They're not needed anymore. I left them in just in case of save corruption and a player/server admin needs to help rebuild a character (including trader faction)

On 10/22/2020 at 10:08 AM, KhaineGB said:

You're STILL on 19.1.

You MUST download and install 19.2. (Opt out of all betas on steam) Make sure THAT works in vanilla, then apply the mod.

I wonder if it's related to keyboard language settings... cos I know this was a thing in 18.4 with russian keyboards IIRC.

It won't retroactively fix your world. The grass is already spawned. You need a new save or to delete all region files to force chunk regeneration.

No.

Well it works now :) Thanks already :)

till the next update 😛 :D

4 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Generic skill books give skill points, not levels.

Faction books are the old method I was using to get trader factions working. They're not needed anymore. I left them in just in case of save corruption and a player/server admin needs to help rebuild a character (including trader faction)

got it, thank you again Sir

3 minutes ago, Paskers2 said:

Hey LOVE THIS MOD you are doing great job. My question is can you do a video on youtube telling how to update the game if we have it downloaded without the modlauncher. 

Dont update ,do a new install ,in case you didnt know that

Awesome work with the mod, Khaine! Thanks for all your efforts.

3.2 is working fine for me, but I had a question about crafting things in the forge.  Finally found the book, and set it down to make some arrows, and noticed that a single iron arrowhead takes 38 seconds to make. Is this intended?

Edited by DaHeiRenX
typo (see edit history)

6 hours ago, DaHeiRenX said:

Awesome work with the mod, Khaine! Thanks for all your efforts.

3.2 is working fine for me, but I had a question about crafting things in the forge.  Finally found the book, and set it down to make some arrows, and noticed that a single iron arrowhead takes 38 seconds to make. Is this intended?

Nope. I'm currently tweaking craft times.

So there will be a smaller patch later. Probably next week.

On 10/18/2020 at 11:00 PM, Falaffel said:

Hi KhaineGB and german speaking Players,

I edited several hundred german translations in /data/config/Localization.txt including some of the most important about classes, etc. While I did it mostly for myself and my family pls feel free to use it for you. I hope it's in time for 19.2.

Down here I added the contents in a spreadsheet with green markings on my edits for an easier review.

Have Fun!

> Thanks. I actually fixed some localization stuff for 19.2 so i'll have to do a diff compare.

Hi KhaineGB,

I diffcompared the versions, so the attached file should include your fixes and my german translatations. Pls check.

@German players: Copy the attached Localization.txt to "DarknessFalls - A19.2\Data\Config\" to get slightly better german localization.

Localization.txt

On 10/24/2020 at 4:33 AM, KhaineGB said:
On 10/23/2020 at 8:49 PM, Zyamaia said:

Anyone else have difficulty finding Titanium?  I've done lots of mining and have as of yet found any.  Are there any specific biomes?

Wasteland.

If you're on 3.1, I did post a hotfix to fix an issue with titanium.

Not to be obtuse, but where is the hotfix?  Is it 3.2?  Does it require 19.2?  Does it require a restart? Thanks in advance and thanks for a lovely mod.

3 hours ago, Falaffel said:
  On 10/18/2020 at 11:00 PM, Falaffel said:

Hi KhaineGB and german speaking Players,

I edited several hundred german translations in /data/config/Localization.txt including some of the most important about classes, etc. While I did it mostly for myself and my family pls feel free to use it for you. I hope it's in time for 19.2.

Down here I added the contents in a spreadsheet with green markings on my edits for an easier review.

Have Fun!

> Thanks. I actually fixed some localization stuff for 19.2 so i'll have to do a diff compare.

Hi KhaineGB,

I diffcompared the versions, so the attached file should include your fixes and my german translatations. Pls check.

@German players: Copy the attached Localization.txt to "DarknessFalls - A19.2\Data\Config\" to get slightly better german localization.

Localization.txt 8.67 MB · 0 downloads

Much appreciated. Grabbed and merged into my working directory for the next patch. :)

3 hours ago, ussugu said:

Not to be obtuse, but where is the hotfix?  Is it 3.2?  Does it require 19.2?  Does it require a restart? Thanks in advance and thanks for a lovely mod.

If you have 3.2, you don't need the hotfix.

If you're on 3.1, here you go.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EVKwULkuotI8sO6-DfzDWRYPZBOxS3Qc/view?usp=sharing

Goes in Data/Config.

Hello Khaine awesome job, awesome mod!!

I have a server for several friends and myself, working fine. Only issue is the class papers, we craft one and keep getting null reference errors when trying to accept the quest it gives. 

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a ton for the awesome mod.

Hello Khaine, can you please guide me to a link or some way for my friend to download your mod for 19.1? I made him download it from a link you pasted in the comments of your youtube video but realized it might be already upgraded to 19.2 since there were new folders in the zip. But we all are playing 19.1 

Thanks in advance