Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

52 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Make sure you're NOT using a save name that you've used before.

Some folks in discord were complaining about that. New save with completely new name fixed it. I've been unable to reproduce it locally at all.

Should we start new game after update? We got shotdown after ~5m of game. 5 times. 

Edited by Messorow (see edit history)

Suddenly running into an issue.

Have been playing the Darkness Falls for over a month, both local solo game and a group game on a friend's server.

As of today, when I try to start the game it hangs on the menu screen displaying no options (and the vanilla screen, not the cool Darkness Falls screen).

the console kicks out an error at one point:

TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 010002d4 (from typeref, class/assembly SteelSeries.GameSense.GSClient, Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=Null)

And then appears to hang on:

INF WorldStaticData.Init()

I suspect a total reinstall of base game and mod are required, but I could be wrong.

IF that is the way to go, what files do I need to pull in order to preserve both Solo Saved Game and the player data for the Server?

Edited by Just Jacob (see edit history)

Hello :)

Having a prob loading the game. When i get to the point of "creatng player". I get an error message of ERR NCSimple Deserializer (ch=0)

EndOfStreamException: Attempt to read past the end of the stream.

Can some1 plz explain this error and how to fix it? Thx in advance :)

Edited by katitude1965
typo (see edit history)

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Make sure you're NOT using a save name that you've used before.

Some folks in discord were complaining about that. New save with completely new name fixed it. I've been unable to reproduce it locally at all.

Problem is not solved yet.
I'm has deleted all (folder in Appdata also deleted), fully reinstalled game and mod, start with unique new profile, but stack overflow error received after 1 min of game.

Well, not sure what is up but I got the server and client updated to 19.2 DF, got logged in, no errors.  After a few minutes of putzing around, I went out to my 7 day base and encountered a bear.  I shot him once and lost my left right controls with the mouse.  A and D roll my screen clockwise or counterclockwise to almost 90 degrees, after which I start to wander in that direction but still can't turn side to side.  Bear killed me.

I revived and went outside and controls seemed fine.  I went up to a zombie and shot her and again, no left and right control, only can go in one direction forward or backward.  I managed to get inside my base with zombies chasing me, and then I logged out.  Came back in and was inside the walls of my base, but could move around.  Killed the zombies through the walls then stepped outside the walls and then I lost the up/down movement, only had the ability to turn left to right and move forward and back.  

No server errors or messages coming up, I just lost one axis of control.  Really odd that when I lost the left to right control I gained a roll, since that isn't even a control in the game unless you are in a gyrocopter.. 

Any ideas?

I tried reading the previous posts to see what could be causing the issue I'm having but to be honest I am not sure I understood some of the troubleshooting stuff that was mentioned.....

My game worked yesterday but today will not work for me. My significant other is able to use the mod launcher and it loads as 19.1 for him and he is able to get in the server to play which is also currently on 19.1. I must have had some different setting as my mod launcher loads as 19.2. I am not sure how to change it to 19.1. If I load the vanilla version from steam it loads as 19.1.

So far I've tried opening the mod launcher and hitting delete downloads then delete complete and then pre-sync mode and play. But it still loads as 19.2 which gives me an error and stays on the vanilla screen and doesn't move forward to the Darkness Falls screen :(.

Can anyone tell me how to fix it to load 19.1 again? Thanks in advance! Please use layman's terms =^.^=

Here is one for ya.  When I first started this server there were sooooo many zombies around.. and I mean A TON!  Just wandering...

I decided to do a DM / CreativeMenu deal and ever since then... that has all gone away.. There are a few out in the world and do spawn on quests but nothing like it was.  Any idea?

Hi Khaine, love the mod!

However, I am also getting a StackOverflow error after updating to 19.2 and 3.2. I have done several full wipes and re-installs of both the base game and DF using the mod launcher, as well as following your advice further up in this thread. The only consistent thing I am doing when the stack overflow happens is using E to pick items off the ground. After the error, I can still play for a bit ( only one CTD over several error runs), but I do notice that items such as stones, don't remove themselves from the game world even though I have received them in inventory.

Thanks again for your development of such a fantastic mod.

8 hours ago, Just Jacob said:

Suddenly running into an issue.

Have been playing the Darkness Falls for over a month, both local solo game and a group game on a friend's server.

As of today, when I try to start the game it hangs on the menu screen displaying no options (and the vanilla screen, not the cool Darkness Falls screen).

the console kicks out an error at one point:

TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 010002d4 (from typeref, class/assembly SteelSeries.GameSense.GSClient, Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=Null)

And then appears to hang on:

INF WorldStaticData.Init()

I suspect a total reinstall of base game and mod are required, but I could be wrong.

IF that is the way to go, what files do I need to pull in order to preserve both Solo Saved Game and the player data for the Server?

Mod updated to 19.2 on a 19.1 install, as mentioned in the previous page.

Reinstall vanilla 19.2, make sure it works, then install the mod.

7 hours ago, katitude1965 said:

Hello :)

Having a prob loading the game. When i get to the point of "creatng player". I get an error message of ERR NCSimple Deserializer (ch=0)

EndOfStreamException: Attempt to read past the end of the stream.

Can some1 plz explain this error and how to fix it? Thx in advance :)

I'm PRETTY sure that's a corrupt world header file.

6 hours ago, dkersten said:

Well, not sure what is up but I got the server and client updated to 19.2 DF, got logged in, no errors.  After a few minutes of putzing around, I went out to my 7 day base and encountered a bear.  I shot him once and lost my left right controls with the mouse.  A and D roll my screen clockwise or counterclockwise to almost 90 degrees, after which I start to wander in that direction but still can't turn side to side.  Bear killed me.

I revived and went outside and controls seemed fine.  I went up to a zombie and shot her and again, no left and right control, only can go in one direction forward or backward.  I managed to get inside my base with zombies chasing me, and then I logged out.  Came back in and was inside the walls of my base, but could move around.  Killed the zombies through the walls then stepped outside the walls and then I lost the up/down movement, only had the ability to turn left to right and move forward and back.  

No server errors or messages coming up, I just lost one axis of control.  Really odd that when I lost the left to right control I gained a roll, since that isn't even a control in the game unless you are in a gyrocopter.. 

Any ideas?

I saw you fixed it... but I had someone else had that problem, but only with the titanium auger. Absolutely no idea why, and I wasn't able to reproduce it, so I have no idea why that's a thing.

3 hours ago, Pooky said:

I tried reading the previous posts to see what could be causing the issue I'm having but to be honest I am not sure I understood some of the troubleshooting stuff that was mentioned.....

My game worked yesterday but today will not work for me. My significant other is able to use the mod launcher and it loads as 19.1 for him and he is able to get in the server to play which is also currently on 19.1. I must have had some different setting as my mod launcher loads as 19.2. I am not sure how to change it to 19.1. If I load the vanilla version from steam it loads as 19.1.

So far I've tried opening the mod launcher and hitting delete downloads then delete complete and then pre-sync mode and play. But it still loads as 19.2 which gives me an error and stays on the vanilla screen and doesn't move forward to the Darkness Falls screen :(.

Can anyone tell me how to fix it to load 19.1 again? Thanks in advance! Please use layman's terms =^.^=

Your mod launcher updated to the latest version of the mod.

There is no 19.1 version of the mod. Both of yu and your server need to all update to 19.2.

Side note: This is why I tell people to manually install and NOT use the mod launcher.

3 hours ago, Flipsutter said:

Here is one for ya.  When I first started this server there were sooooo many zombies around.. and I mean A TON!  Just wandering...

I decided to do a DM / CreativeMenu deal and ever since then... that has all gone away.. There are a few out in the world and do spawn on quests but nothing like it was.  Any idea?

Check your max zombies on the main menu. You may need to increase it to 100 or so.

1 hour ago, Asyndic said:

Hi Khaine, love the mod!

However, I am also getting a StackOverflow error after updating to 19.2 and 3.2. I have done several full wipes and re-installs of both the base game and DF using the mod launcher, as well as following your advice further up in this thread. The only consistent thing I am doing when the stack overflow happens is using E to pick items off the ground. After the error, I can still play for a bit ( only one CTD over several error runs), but I do notice that items such as stones, don't remove themselves from the game world even though I have received them in inventory.

Thanks again for your development of such a fantastic mod.

Bad zip on the google drive download. Currently re-uploading a new zip. Use the git link instead.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Bad zip on the google drive download. Currently re-uploading a new zip. Use the git link instead.

Hi Khaine

Been playing the mod solo for a while and just tried to set up an MP server last night - we were encountering the stack overflow issue and then clipping through the world; once that happened we weren't able to get back onto the server and it would require a full restart but the same thing would happen again

Would the same solution apply? that is a clean new install for the players, manually downloading the git version (we're using the mod launcher atm) and a clean install for the server?

The server is retrieving the gitlab version fyi

EDIT: NVM read the announcement on the Discord, thanks for keeping the updates rolling Khaine

Edited by Minischoles
update (see edit history)

19 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Since A19.2 is now stable, I just uploaded Darkness Falls V3.2 to go along with it. Changes as follows.

- Updated to A19.2b4.
- Potentially fixed perk bug with Iron/Steel armor schematics.
- Chili dog no longer gives water.
- Fish tacos gives slightly less water.
- Baseball bat schematic removed as it's no longer needed.
- Drastically decreased damage bonus granted by mega crush.
- Increased chance of mega crush dropping.
- Added a VERY small chance for T3 weapons to be found in loot.
- Legendary weapons have additional effects (all non-taza weapons count as laser weapons for demons, porkins shotgun reduces armor of soldiers by 50%, eriks hammer has a 50% chance to proc a shock effect during the day, black sky does extra damage at night)
- Fixed display for Fort Bites, Recog, Beer, Yucca Juice, Red Tea and Mega Crush.
- Re-done all the healing items AGAIN so they work properly with Physician.
- Fixed localization for The Survivor to remove references to increasing perk durations as it doesn't do that, nor is it supposed to.
- Removed reference in localization to Survivor getting a bicycle as a reward.
- Added mannequins to trader lists for folks who want to buy those.
- Fixed laser rifle not being upgradeable beyond 71.
- Fixed Blood Draw Kit not applying the anemia debuff.
- Demons should no longer be able to throw fireballs if underwater.
- Mining Tools 91+ now has a CHANCE to drop rare resources while mining (gold/silver/diamond).
- Lowered XP from mining AGAIN.

- Decreased the amount of cars on "county" roads (the thicker asphalt roads)
- Increased the amount of cars on "city" roads (the thinner asphalt roads)
- Decreased the amount of road "decals" in general.
- Added small rocks to gravel road spawns.
- Removed cars and trash from gravel road spawns.
- Increased chances of animal gore blocks on gravel road spawns.
- Added a Darkness Falls icon for manual installers who wanted a custom shortcut icon.
- Fixed some blocks not dropping titanium when wrenched.
- Fixed Taza's Bow not getting bow sneak damage.
- Added missing I-Beam recipe to the advanced forge.
- Fixed an error with the Tame Wolf AI.
- Reloading weekly book should now properly level all 4 levels of the perk.
- Fixed the god awful noise when driving around the muscle car.
- Increased turning responsiveness, braking torque and uphill traction of the muscle cars (excessively bumpy ground is still an issue but not as bad as it was)
- Added a new Lockpicking book that levels the Lockpicking perk.
- Added a new Crafting book that levels the Quicker Crafting perk.
- Hunger level 3 is now more dangerous.
- Added Craft Time to a LOT of forge recipes so they can't be spammed quite as fast as this was raised as a concern.
- Slightly lowered the physical resistance on transhuman due to comments of it basically making you immortal.

New save not REQUIRED from our testing, but VERY STRONGLY RECOMMENDED since you're going from 19.1 to 19.2. Please bear that in mind.

Client (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uDENvyjYDPTuiBeqzbeNPTEgrH3EQlFM/view?usp=sharing
Server (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WmnBwLQjWx7HOu8BRVTfAbN0PZcw7BKZ/view?usp=sharing

Client (Git/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19client/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19client-master.zip
Server (Git/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19server/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19server-master.zip

the client link on GDrive seems unavailable now

Right, what I was trying to post before I got distracted by more random bugs people want to complain about...

I updated Google Drive and Git to fix the stack overflow/CTD error.

Client (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K_rUevuHWk6KuXdxKhd7nBjMOpykhpGI/view?usp=sharing
Server (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h4YvaGJhcBe02V3mwIb1yw_142RQiKNh/view?usp=sharing

Client (Git/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19client/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19client-master.zip
Server (Git/Launcher): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19server/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19server-master.zip

21 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

The launcher probably patched your 19.1 game with 19.2, as stated in my second post after the patch notes.

Hmm..so i wiped the server, download the serverfiles from ur post above, reinstalled the mod, installed the client files

same problem... 

Game starts, before entering the main menu i get a  'red error message' and the menu wont load at all.

What am I missing here? Sorry for being stupid 🤕

18 hours ago, dkersten said:

Any ideas?

Hi, i have the same problem. Losing right and left control.

I only have this when i use the "0" (zero) key. So, i press 2 times this key to retreive left/right.

I think that the "0" key is in conflict with another key on some computers.

Khaine,

I tried your fix and it seemed to be more stable for longer, but after about an hour I got the stack overflow error again. Something interesting is happening when it occurs though. I swung and missed a tree and hit some grass. What happened next was hard to explain but the ground just exploded in an expanding ring of what appeared to be a mining cave in, though the ground didn't disappear. I could see the dust puffs you see during a desert area cave in though and it went on as far as I could see in the distance. Was actually quite amusing, well except for the inevitable CTD.

Edit: I logged back into the world and looked at the aftermath of the expanding ring of doom. All the grass in the area was gone. I couldn't explore more because I immediately received the error again.

Edited by Asyndic
Additional Info (see edit history)

the game is great. the stupid part of it is all the updates and introducing new glitches and problems. leave the version alone. we updated to 19 but there were glitches and corrected the errors. we updated to 19.1 and there are glitches but corrected the errors. now we have to do it all over again with 19.2? why can't the developers just leave the version alone and let us play until over day 1000 in game. why keep interrupting us to have to download a new version and have to problem solve all over again? this is just bs!

probably time to go back to 18.4

maybe time to go back to 18.4

yeah going back to 18.4

1 hour ago, neo2000 said:

the game is great. the stupid part of it is all the updates and introducing new glitches and problems. leave the version alone. we updated to 19 but there were glitches and corrected the errors. we updated to 19.1 and there are glitches but corrected the errors. now we have to do it all over again with 19.2? why can't the developers just leave the version alone and let us play until over day 1000 in game. why keep interrupting us to have to download a new version and have to problem solve all over again? this is just bs!

probably time to go back to 18.4

maybe time to go back to 18.4

yeah going back to 18.4

Yeah. Sure would be nice if they would fix some of the issues that have plagued this game for years, i.e., water blocks that break, clipping, stuttering, etc. But no, instead let's add a whole new set of issues with Game Sense, a totally unnecessary feature. They probably got a sh*tload of money for it from Steelseries, though. So, there's that.

Hello! 

Khaine, Im in love with your mod! Thank you! Ill be starting my another gameplay soon with all these new patches and stuff, insane-permdeath-no trader this time :) I do have a question tho, manually installed/patched vanilla - everything is working, clean and smooth. Is there a way to get rid of that OP 15 slot toolbelt? I was fine with 10 slots. 
(Removing 15slot toobelt from 1-DF/Harmony does nothing, belt thingy is still in game usable) 

Thanks again! 

13 hours ago, Fren said:

Hmm..so i wiped the server, download the serverfiles from ur post above, reinstalled the mod, installed the client files

same problem... 

Game starts, before entering the main menu i get a  'red error message' and the menu wont load at all.

What am I missing here? Sorry for being stupid 🤕

You're STILL on 19.1.

You MUST download and install 19.2. (Opt out of all betas on steam) Make sure THAT works in vanilla, then apply the mod.

13 hours ago, 7d2dMP said:

Hi, i have the same problem. Losing right and left control.

I only have this when i use the "0" (zero) key. So, i press 2 times this key to retreive left/right.

I think that the "0" key is in conflict with another key on some computers.

I wonder if it's related to keyboard language settings... cos I know this was a thing in 18.4 with russian keyboards IIRC.

8 hours ago, Asyndic said:

Khaine,

I tried your fix and it seemed to be more stable for longer, but after about an hour I got the stack overflow error again. Something interesting is happening when it occurs though. I swung and missed a tree and hit some grass. What happened next was hard to explain but the ground just exploded in an expanding ring of what appeared to be a mining cave in, though the ground didn't disappear. I could see the dust puffs you see during a desert area cave in though and it went on as far as I could see in the distance. Was actually quite amusing, well except for the inevitable CTD.

Edit: I logged back into the world and looked at the aftermath of the expanding ring of doom. All the grass in the area was gone. I couldn't explore more because I immediately received the error again.

It won't retroactively fix your world. The grass is already spawned. You need a new save or to delete all region files to force chunk regeneration.

35 minutes ago, 1kHoursAlreadyYay said:

Hello! 

Khaine, Im in love with your mod! Thank you! Ill be starting my another gameplay soon with all these new patches and stuff, insane-permdeath-no trader this time :) I do have a question tho, manually installed/patched vanilla - everything is working, clean and smooth. Is there a way to get rid of that OP 15 slot toolbelt? I was fine with 10 slots. 
(Removing 15slot toobelt from 1-DF/Harmony does nothing, belt thingy is still in game usable) 

Thanks again! 

No.

Thanks Khaine! That worked I had the server people update the mod which unfortunately they needed to wipe the server to do so but it is what it is lol. I did try doing the manual install first but I couldn't get that to work on my computer so I tried reformatting my computer to start from scratch and it still didn't work so now I use the mod launcher because it is the only way I can get your mod to work on my computer. I just need to mess with the setting so steam and the mod launcher don't update when there's an update ^.^