Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

18 hours ago, nhldman said:

I had to reinstall the mod because of an update, and now I have crappy UI, like my toolbelt is white with a big red question mark and I cant see any of the items. Any idea how to fix this? Ok , so I fixed the UI problem, somehow the mods folder didnt get transferred over. So now the UI is working but the load screen has no options like new game, continue game etc. It just sits there.

Download the mod again through Microsoft Edge browser, that fixed it for me 100%

16 hours ago, RangerLost said:

EAC is off, and it gives me this error when it does load. I've done an uninstall and reinstall on my local computer as well. Once again though, after fresh install of the mod - when I start the game, I get just a black screen with the 7days cursor. I'm starting to lose faith. lol

2020-10-28.png

You're missing, or have a corrupt mods.dll.

However, gitlab was pooping itself last night so it's entirely possible you got a bad download through no fault of your own.

16 hours ago, LemonDemon said:

I learn Laborer Class, and put point in Adv. Eng./Blacksmith, and lowers the casting times to zero in the adv. forge + adv. bellows.

bug.jpg

Yeeeeeeah. I need to tweak that.

17 minutes ago, Megadeatth said:

Download the mod again through Microsoft Edge browser, that fixed it for me 100%

Gitlab was having issue too.

However, I did get the nexus upload done today!

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files&BH=6

3 hours ago, TechieZero said:

Could you go by block damage? It seems th steel ammos are diff from the brass in that regard.

Nope. I need to be able to tag item name OR have something requirement=LoadedAmmoHasTags

36 minutes ago, Mskitten87 said:

So how do i go about random gen then or is that a no go?

Use in-game RWG.

On 10/29/2020 at 10:20 PM, RangerLost said:

EAC is off, and it gives me this error when it does load. I've done an uninstall and reinstall on my local computer as well. Once again though, after fresh install of the mod - when I start the game, I get just a black screen with the 7days cursor. I'm starting to lose faith. lol

2020-10-28.png

I am very new at this myself  , but I had the same issue and it was my firewall blocking the mod. once I turned it off it worked perfectly 

11 hours ago, Addie79 said:

I am very new at this myself  , but I had the same issue and it was my firewall blocking the mod. once I turned it off it worked perfectly 

If it hasn't been suggested before. Do this.

Uninstall 7D2D

Delete the contents and directory of \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die

Install a vanilla copy of 7D2D

copy the contents of \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die somewhere else.

Download the Client install on page 1 of this thread.

Extract the contents of that zip file and copy it into the folder where your copy is. If you don't get a windows replace files warning --- you are doing it wrong. The zip file has the same folder structure of where it should be. You will see the same directory names in the extracted file that are present in your copy of 7D2D.

Double click on 7DaysToDie.exe to run the game. It should work.

I run a standalone server for my friends and I. Its not neccessary --- but there are some good advantages to that one of which is performance and not relying on someones machine to be running the game.

Good luck.

Edited by TechieZero (see edit history)

7 hours ago, StrategicRabbit said:

I have an issue with guards who keep phasing through the walls and falling through the map and out of existence at traders.

Also Demon fireballs can hit through walls? Are they supposed to be doing that?

The guard thing can actually happen with ANY entity. I've had a zombie fall through the world while fighting it. (vanilla zombie too)

And yes, it's sort-of intended. 

1 hour ago, Falaffel said:

Since 3.2a i cannot make bullet tips in big and advanced forge. The Error reads "not necessary tools" although i equipped all tools in the forges. Looks like it cannot accept the toolbox. It worked in 3.2. The small/primitive Forge does make tips otoh.

You need the hotfix. I'll upload it here. Goes in Data/Config/XUi. Take the tools out of the forge BEFORE you apply it.

Also, for folks asking about the brass catcher and ammo, I have a workaround.

windows.xml

17 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

You need the hotfix. I'll upload it here. Goes in Data/Config/XUi. Take the tools out of the forge BEFORE you apply it.

Also, for folks asking about the brass catcher and ammo, I have a workaround.

windows.xml 307.49 kB · 4 downloads

Thank you! Is this hotfix all of the hotfixes? I feel like I missed a memo somewhere...maybe put it on the 1st page? A mini hotfixes release?

Don't know if this is DF or not

• Scrapping Forged Titianium scraps for more titanium than you started with --- about 50% more.
  • We are having an issue where players and monsters get pushed through walls if they are in conflict with each other; although monsters are appearing inside our hoard base underground somehow without a visiable hole or tunnel. Basically we GM and shot them in the head to fix after the fight.
  • Having a wolf as a pet is really buggy. It richochets all around and there is no way to stop it from killing itself on traps. Its a good concept tho.
Edited by TechieZero (see edit history)

Got some requests...

1. Can we mix and match power armor and rad suit stuff to get the protection please?
  2. Flamethrowers are cool but useless --- they really need some love. Can't shoot them through bars without hurting yourself and their range needs to be like 3x as far with. More damage would help as well.
  3. Stun batons --- don't get any blunt weapon bonuses. I get its a science thing but its a baton...a fancy name for a bat. :D
  4. I think Automatic rifles and rifles...basically the same thing. Am I on base here? Not sure if this is the thing or not the game. Automatic weapons would be the SMGs and autopistols. I can see the M60 being its own deal.

Will check the titanium.
The clipping issue is actually vanilla, and yeah, apparently they can spawn ANYWHERE now.
Yes, the wolf is a little buggy. I know sphereii has been working on the AI, and we're working on fixing up some linux issues too.
Power armor and Hazmat suits should be mixable already. Same with the Radiation Ready mods, hazmat and power armor.
Flamethrowers are fine. They work like an auger. It's the only way I could make it work other than spitting molotovs, which just looks daft. It's got a 10 block range.
I actually thought stun batons DID count as blunt already. Will check that.
No, they're not the same. One is "hold trigger and gun goes brrr" while the other is single shot per left click. Autos are good for room clearance, rifles are better for stealth/sniping.

That's why the AR/AK/M4A1/M60 are all auto.

Put this in the discord, but also putting it here.

Quick heads up.

Cat rescue I help at has some slight issues. Basically the owner isn't well, there's cats who need transporting, only us and the owner actually have cars.

So right now, i'm helping get cats to/from vets, transporting cat litter, food, etc.

If I seem snappy or irritable, i'm not. I'm just tired. Please don't take it personally. I may also not be around much to answer questions for the next couple of days.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Put this in the discord, but also putting it here.

Quick heads up.

Cat rescue I help at has some slight issues. Basically the owner isn't well, there's cats who need transporting, only us and the owner actually have cars.

So right now, i'm helping get cats to/from vets, transporting cat litter, food, etc.

If I seem snappy or irritable, i'm not. I'm just tired. Please don't take it personally. I may also not be around much to answer questions for the next couple of days.

You are doing great! Be safe.

Great mod, my friends and I are really enjoying it.

We've run into a bug where the trader inventory becomes inaccessible. After selecting the check inventory option, the camera locks onto the trader, and their inventory is not displayed. Restarting fixes the camera locking, but the initial bug persists. This issue seems to consistently happen to traders/captains after they die and respawn. Original traders work fine.
Also, the HP of the respawned entities differ from those of the original ones. Quests still work fine, though.

@KhaineGB I saw that youtube video of yours explaining an install 

In the comments you mention to install for 19.2 not 19.1. I just went through steam for 7 days 2 die and in the betas I have 19.1 as the max. So what do I do?

I am on open beta by default on steam.

So got 19.2. Downloaded from the link you gave on YT. 

Same Console error.

Screenshot (69).png

Screenshot (70).png

Edited by Cipher
Got 19.2. (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Dre said:

Is there a how to somewhere for farming? Placed the irrigation pump over water, added irrigation pipe next to plants but no growth. Looking for a link to instructions. Thank you so much to whoever bothers to reply :)

I used four pumps, but I really don't know if it makes any difference to use four or just one.

A19.2_2020-11-04_02-38-04.jpg

A19.2_2020-11-04_02-38-13.jpg

A19.2_2020-11-04_02-39-06.jpg