Jump to content

Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...


KhaineGB

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, user2010 said:

I was generating the world!
Started passing and already 130 lvl, almost everything is open!
However, there was a problem on the map.
- I have not found a single rocket base, not a single small underground bunker! I found two large underground bunkers in the radioactive zone, but I can't enter - it says that access is denied! What to do? Is there a problem with the map?
-Yes, I noticed a little oddity, explosive bullets (orange), practically do not damage armored soldiers from AK 47, but the same bullets from a pistol (25), and a machine gun is killed immediately!
Why don't plants grow in the garden! I don’t know how to water!

 

 

 

 

Small bunker isn't necessary. It just helps.
You need keycards to get into the bunker.
I'll have a look at the bullets. Might just need some tags.
There's a TON of posts in this thread (with screenshots) showing you how to setup a farm with water.

2 hours ago, Saviourself said:

Hey Khaine, thanks for the awesome mod bud.

 

With the 19 release (current as of 15 mins ago), the prefab files are missing all by a handful (trader, bunkers, labs) of custom POIs.  I've searched for dfalls, dfp and manually scanned the lists of all of the worlds from vsmall to xlarge, and it looks like none of them contain any custom POIs.  I'm missing my demonic looking library towers... =(

 

Also, I've noted there don't seem to be any nuke crater radiation zones mixed in to the map based on the biomes.png shots.  Are these making a return, because they surely made life way more interesting... 😃

A lot of compo pack POI's were removed for performance reasons.

Those craters were nitrogen maps. There are no nitrogen maps in the mod due to RAM usage concerns.

28 minutes ago, Warlords Welt said:

DL Server Files broken? 

 

The zip is only 200 MB

Nope.

27 minutes ago, rykon1459918 said:

This is a great mod however I seem to have hit a wall.

I was under the impression that Titanium spawns in the wasteland (green map area I need a hazmat suit from)

I have not found a single node or anything, am I in the wrong area or does anyone have any advice on where and how to find it?

It does.

Find a rock, dig down, go looking. It's around there under the gravel level. It is not GUARANTEED, but likely.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

that's easy: You and your friend install vanilla 7d, patch DF, one of you starts a game (just normal, not as server), the second joins by the game's name, which makes this game a server. The second of course can only join/be in game as long as the first keeps the game running.

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any tips on getting Generic Schematics?  Just finished the day 28 horde and finally put points into science crafting to make some mods.  But so far I've only got 18 generic schematics, which is only enough to make one or two mods.  Do I just have to try and hit up some book stores?  Would loot goggles/lucky looter help at all?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Dre said:

Oh got it, i put the back of the pump in the water but the whole thing needs to be in it. Will do. Thanks for taking the time to help out. Appreciate it. 

Quoting myself. Plants not growing and can't fig out why (water is 5 blocks away from planters. Pumps are in water (super corn and trees grow just not the wheat, rest). 

2020-11-05_22_22_10-7_Days_To_Die.png

Edited by Dre (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are having an issue with the Too and Die set. it's the second set we find but when it's placed in a forge it does not show up in the forge for my teammate. Same thing when hes the one placing it. We tried more than one forge in case it was a buggy forge same thing. Also if I place the tool in the forge it still say I cant craft because it's not present and if we log off with the tool in the forge it poof and we lose it. 

 

Edit- Fixed with the XML

 

Also having an issue with plants not growing, water right next to the crop plot. Running 3.2A on a dedicated server on my other box.

Edited by Cyant (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Just wait. It's approx 2 hours per update tick, so if you happened to JUST miss the update tick, it could take 4. They definitely work.

Thanks, is this affected by number of minutes per day/night we are running 90 real minutes / days.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've found that some of the Skill books/recipes don't work when I use them. The most recent one was the Hunting Rifle Recipe. I learned it from within my inventory and hitting read since it didnt say anything about needing to be used from the hotbar. I have used some before that did work from inventory. Is it just a better idea to always just learn books and recipes from the hotbar instead of the inventory?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

...I see why.

Did you get those corner pieces from creative?

Yes, the wife's 1st try didn't work (was too close to water I think) and she was pissed at me for "making farming harder with my damn mods" lol. :) So naturally I spawned in a nice garden for her. Figured it out. Deleted the corners. Thank you

Edited by Dre (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, so I figure out the coop and snare. The coop can be placed anywhere outside, but the snare can be put on topsoil. The sand topsoil just works but putting it on road or the gravel bordering the road will cause them to disappear.

 

Also I found out if you take the perk for advanced forge, then get laborer class, you can no longer make advanced forge until you raises two point on laborer class. I think that sucks.

2 hours ago, Laserhead said:

I've found that some of the Skill books/recipes don't work when I use them. The most recent one was the Hunting Rifle Recipe. I learned it from within my inventory and hitting read since it didnt say anything about needing to be used from the hotbar. I have used some before that did work from inventory. Is it just a better idea to always just learn books and recipes from the hotbar instead of the inventory?

I think it doesn't work because you also need specific gun crafting skill to be able to use it. If you go to hunting rifle crafting on perks, it says you need gun crafting 1. Hope this help!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, rosedragon said:

Hi, so I figure out the coop and snare. The coop can be placed anywhere outside, but the snare can be put on topsoil. The sand topsoil just works but putting it on road or the gravel bordering the road will cause them to disappear.

 

Also I found out if you take the perk for advanced forge, then get laborer class, you can no longer make advanced forge until you raises two point on laborer class. I think that sucks.

I think it doesn't work because you also need specific gun crafting skill to be able to use it. If you go to hunting rifle crafting on perks, it says you need gun crafting 1. Hope this help!

Ahhhhhh yes. I see it now. Was just looking at the recipe within the UI itself and that was still locked. Just looked at the Hunting Rifle crafting skill and saw that it requires gun crafting 1, so I just put a point in that just to make sure and that was indeed what I was missing. So thank you!

  • Have a Cookie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Is there any way to install this while keeping the original files in the same folder?

 

I would prefer to keep the original game to play with my brother and this version to play solo without having to double install.

what I did is I make a copy of 7days game folder and then put the mod files there (overwrite), then make a shortcut to 7d launcher. Technically it is not double instal, just copy paste. Then whenever I want to run the game, I run steam, then I run the shortcut.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, managed to die due to a glitch and bad zombie timing while raiding a quest for the guard captain. I now have a failed quest for him- and there seems to be no way to remove it? And he will not give you another till you finish it.. Please tell me its not so dumb that if you EVER fail a quest for him you can NEVER do another??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Megadeatth said:

Hey how can I use the elevator? I powered it but I can´t seem to find the button on my keyboard to choose the level to go to in the panel

Num pad on the keyboard.

17 hours ago, Laserhead said:

I've found that some of the Skill books/recipes don't work when I use them. The most recent one was the Hunting Rifle Recipe. I learned it from within my inventory and hitting read since it didnt say anything about needing to be used from the hotbar. I have used some before that did work from inventory. Is it just a better idea to always just learn books and recipes from the hotbar instead of the inventory?

Look up the perk. Highly likely it unlocked but you don't meet the requirements. Books don't work the same way as vanilla. ;)

17 hours ago, Dre said:

Yes, the wife's 1st try didn't work (was too close to water I think) and she was pissed at me for "making farming harder with my damn mods" lol. :) So naturally I spawned in a nice garden for her. Figured it out. Deleted the corners. Thank you

Yeah, the corner pipes don't work and I don't know why. So I removed the recipes and made them creative only. I need to look into that again at some point. T-joints work fine though.

15 hours ago, rosedragon said:

Hi, so I figure out the coop and snare. The coop can be placed anywhere outside, but the snare can be put on topsoil. The sand topsoil just works but putting it on road or the gravel bordering the road will cause them to disappear.

 

Also I found out if you take the perk for advanced forge, then get laborer class, you can no longer make advanced forge until you raises two point on laborer class. I think that sucks.

I think it doesn't work because you also need specific gun crafting skill to be able to use it. If you go to hunting rifle crafting on perks, it says you need gun crafting 1. Hope this help!

Glad you sorted it. :)

And the advanced forge thing is because people kept complaining they were buying a perk they didn't need. HOWEVER, you get the points you spent back so you can spend those 2 points and not "lose" anything.

5 hours ago, Solomon said:

Is there any way to install this while keeping the original files in the same folder?

 

I would prefer to keep the original game to play with my brother and this version to play solo without having to double install.

Yeah. Just copy 7DTD out of your steam folder, put it somewhere else, patch that copy with DF. That's what I do.

Otherwise, no. You can't do that. You NEED a second copy of the game to play modded and vanilla.

3 hours ago, elev said:

Ok, managed to die due to a glitch and bad zombie timing while raiding a quest for the guard captain. I now have a failed quest for him- and there seems to be no way to remove it? And he will not give you another till you finish it.. Please tell me its not so dumb that if you EVER fail a quest for him you can NEVER do another??

He works the same way as traders do in vanilla. You should be able to just remove the quest from your failed section in the journal.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Yeah. Just copy 7DTD out of your steam folder, put it somewhere else, patch that copy with DF. That's what I do.

Otherwise, no. You can't do that. You NEED a second copy of the game to play modded and vanilla.

Yeah, i made a copy for now. We will decide later if its worth having a secondary version or make it our main game.

 

Edited by Solomon (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...