Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Long shot but, there wouldn't happen to be a modlet out that that just added Darkness Falls style traders and guards, would there? IE, open all night, but not damage proof, and all that goodness.

Looking at firing up a kind of "newbie" server to go with the mix of 17 and 18 DF servers I already have, for folks who aren't quite Darkness Falls ready. Yet.

Any idea why my health would be low. I have the health perk at 2 but it says my max health limit is only 90

The mod reintroduces wellness. You have to eat good food like meals with meat in them to raise wellness. Dying or getting hit (i think) can reduce wellness. You can put points in those perks so it doesn't reduce wellness below x but you still have to restore it to get it to max.

Sorry for the delay in answering folks. Had a few bad days, so just threw myself into some C# tutorials and hid from the world.

Also i'm not sure if multi-quote works on the new site, so apologies for the lack of names when quoting people. I'm doing it manually. :)

After 2 hours of exploration, I don't see this bunker in wasteland ...

someone can give me the location of the bunker? (in the wasteland, Dfall-small 4)

Go to Worlds/DFalls-Small4 and open prefabs.xml. You can search for DFalls and look for the prefab. It'll have the co-ords listed. It's either DFalls_military_bunker or DFalls_resarch_lab.

Is it intentional that you can't mix and match hazmat and power armor to protect against the radiation?

I only ask, as I'm almost level 150 and have yet to find hazmat gloves(found at least 10 of the rest of the hazmat gear). I managed to get power armor gloves from a random demon and thought I'd be fine going into the wasteland, but I still got radiation damage.

Yes, for now.

They use invisible buffs for radiation immunity control. I'm gonna look at potentially re-writing that.

Hello KhaineGB

Overall damage changes with upgrade:

A17 - 10 - 15 - 20 - 25 - 30 - 40

A18 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 7 !

So truth is - Its not in changes list, but log spikes are for decorations purposes now . Looks like trolling of players who relied too much on passive defence when plays previous versions.

Looks like TFP changed it then. Mmmkay, we can look at some tweaking.

Good lord man, this is no joke. I usually play insanity, full nightmare and then I met DF. Night 1 I see radiated?? I cowered within the safety of the trader

guards until light and dropped difficulty to warrior. 3 days later learned using a the scrap pistol in the wild brings all the zeds to my yard. Whacked 2x trying to clear a L2 POI. On the way back a 3rd time to get my BP I run into this unholy thing that was in all black that had 900 HP. Dead again.

I'll be dropping down to default settings next session. This is great, I haven't been challenged like this in forever. I didn't think I was going to like classes, but ive quickly become a convert and the way you handled skills in general. All good stuff so far. Thanks for the great work!

Something important to remember is that the rads at night are NOT the same as vanilla. They aren't feral, have half the HP and regen slower. You can totally kill them with a spear/club if you feel brave. ;)

Also sounds like you ran into one of the legendary zombies. They're actually in vanilla, but don't spawn. I just added them to the spawn list because i'm a sick person.

I turned mine down a bit as well. I enjoyed the challenge but didn't like the bullet sponge aspect it introduces (not the mod's issue at all). I'll likely increase it again once my weapons get too strong. Only thing really killing me are ferals now that get the jump on me.

I patched out the bullet sponge thing. Increasing difficulty means zombies still take the same damage. They just do MORE damage to you.

Long shot but, there wouldn't happen to be a modlet out that that just added Darkness Falls style traders and guards, would there? IE, open all night, but not damage proof, and all that goodness.

Looking at firing up a kind of "newbie" server to go with the mix of 17 and 18 DF servers I already have, for folks who aren't quite Darkness Falls ready. Yet.

No, because I had to add some custom code to make the guards actually work, and build some custom assets... and custom blocks... and edit the trader prefabs.

Hi KhaineGB.

Mining in the wasteland I found a great hole underground full of titanium boulders, like the one in the surface.

Curious I enter in dm and flying under the surface i noticed that there are a lot of formations like this.

COMocrs.thumb.jpg.9035b4f91db2c80b7aac6474d6f2607a.jpg

The first time I saw them the console gives a lot of red lines of errors.

This time I was replaced the blocks file with the last you upload to your discord and the error was gone in the console but the strange formations are still there, (I delete the chunk file to test it, the mine was right there)

Hi ,

First of all i very much like this mod. But there is a small but , which concerns the trader outposts and prefab + guards. I must admit i only encountered 3 different ones till now but 2 of them have holes in their defense.

I am sorry for the lack of info , but maybe describing works :

One prefab , build out of wood , with a cave below and having towers. Some of the guards have totally no view towards certain sides , due to the towers and walls in the way and thus are pretty useless in defense. I needed to break down a major part of the trader in order for them to be able to do at least something.

For the others , they have guards at certain places that are way up , which due their range have a hard time shooting anything.

One small lets call it request :) Some kind of respawn for the guards in case they get killed , for instance during the day , or even let me pay for it?:)

What i also noticed , light sources at the outposts do not actually give light , until i remove them and place them back.

Hi ,

First of all i very much like this mod. But there is a small but , which concerns the trader outposts and prefab + guards. I must admit i only encountered 3 different ones till now but 2 of them have holes in their defense.

I am sorry for the lack of info , but maybe describing works :

One prefab , build out of wood , with a cave below and having towers. Some of the guards have totally no view towards certain sides , due to the towers and walls in the way and thus are pretty useless in defense. I needed to break down a major part of the trader in order for them to be able to do at least something.

For the others , they have guards at certain places that are way up , which due their range have a hard time shooting anything.

One small lets call it request :) Some kind of respawn for the guards in case they get killed , for instance during the day , or even let me pay for it?:)

What i also noticed , light sources at the outposts do not actually give light , until i remove them and place them back.

They aren't intended to be bases for you to hole up in for more than 1-2 nights in first few days of gameplay. Pretty sure Khaine said the reasoning behind them not respawning is because it would make horde nights too easy. I've never had a guard die, even when I spent the first 3 nights hiding there until I found a suitable place to set up my base.

Sorry for the delay in answering folks. Had a few bad days, so just threw myself into some C# tutorials and hid from the world.

Also i'm not sure if multi-quote works on the new site, so apologies for the lack of names when quoting people. I'm doing it manually. :)

Yes, for now.

They use invisible buffs for radiation immunity control. I'm gonna look at potentially re-writing that.

I ended up finding some gloves a few hours after this post. Was frustrating being so high and being held back by hazmat gloves.

The boulders underground in the wasteland was quite a surprise. Is that the reason they are so rare above ground in the wasteland?

Hi KGB I love your mod it runs great on my pc. Honestly your mod is the only reason I keep playing 7DTD. Couple of questions for you or anyone: Does starting a new class mean you no longer progress in the previous one? I heard there are NPC's I can hire, how do I hire them and what can they do? Will retrievable arrows ever be in your mod? Does your mod have less towns and cities on the map than vanilla? Any chance in the future that you can mod NPC community recruitment and community management into the game? Building a cool base with no one else to live in it is very blah. Starvation mod had brought this aspect into the game. Thanks for all your work on the game you really are a creative genius! Take care.

Hey, KGB,

I'm new to running/owning a server, and tried to follow your instructions for installing the mod into the server, but I am running into a rolling error where the class'BlockPlantGrowingWithWater, Mods' not being found. do you have a thorough guide on installing the mod on a server? or can anyone help with this error? I really want to try this mod out.

Edit: After leaving the server running while trying to load in, it seems like the server is caught in a death loop trying to load the plants in and failing. I can't find a reference to this yet in the documents, so if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Edited by g33k3db34r
clarification (see edit history)

After going back a few months in the forum i found where KGB says that clients need to install the mod their side, as well as server-side. Is this still true?

I'm rolling back my server to vanilla in the meantime. Is there an Install guide for server-side? or am I just overthinking this?

I ended up finding some gloves a few hours after this post. Was frustrating being so high and being held back by hazmat gloves.

The boulders underground in the wasteland was quite a surprise. Is that the reason they are so rare above ground in the wasteland?

I think there's too much general... well... crap in the wasteland for them to spawn properly. I'm gonna lower the amount of cinder blocks, iron and MAYBE cars so things like boulders and portals have more room to spawn. :)

i cant seem to access the skill tab, it just says that the 'object reference not set to an instance of an object'. i have foound the config folder but i dont see anything wrong with it

You may have a modlet installed that alters skills, or a UI modlet installed. DF is an overhaul and NOT friendly with most modlets.

Hi KGB I love your mod it runs great on my pc. Honestly your mod is the only reason I keep playing 7DTD. Couple of questions for you or anyone: Does starting a new class mean you no longer progress in the previous one? I heard there are NPC's I can hire, how do I hire them and what can they do? Will retrievable arrows ever be in your mod? Does your mod have less towns and cities on the map than vanilla? Any chance in the future that you can mod NPC community recruitment and community management into the game? Building a cool base with no one else to live in it is very blah. Starvation mod had brought this aspect into the game. Thanks for all your work on the game you really are a creative genius! Take care.

Glad you're enjoying it :)

Starting a new class does NOT stop progression in previous classes.

You'll know when you find a hireable NPC. There's a talk interaction, and a conversation option called "Come with me." They're a little bit buggy in the current release, so i'm going to be revisiting that because sphereii has improved the AI a LOT.

Highly unlikely retrievable arrows will ever be in the mod due to bugs with non-vanilla 3D models (like the hornet, behemoths, spider, etc)

Depends on the map. The medium maps have a LOT of small towns and cities, but they also use a LOT of RAM.

Community stuff? Possibly in the future. I know sphereii has been doing more NPC work for exactly this purpose since folks miss it from starvation. So it is something I want to integrate and expand on.

And i'm definitely not a genius. I'm an idiot with a laptop and too much free time. ;) But thank you!

Anyone know why it won't allow me to use my controller? And yes, I have controller enabled in the menu

I'm assuming you are using the mod launcher. If so, I THINK you have to add it to steam as a non-steam game and then it works. I make no guarantees how well it'll work with the expanded toolbelt though as I don't use a controller.

Hey, KGB,

I'm new to running/owning a server, and tried to follow your instructions for installing the mod into the server, but I am running into a rolling error where the class'BlockPlantGrowingWithWater, Mods' not being found. do you have a thorough guide on installing the mod on a server? or can anyone help with this error? I really want to try this mod out.

Edit: After leaving the server running while trying to load in, it seems like the server is caught in a death loop trying to load the plants in and failing. I can't find a reference to this yet in the documents, so if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

--- second post ---

After going back a few months in the forum i found where KGB says that clients need to install the mod their side, as well as server-side. Is this still true?

I'm rolling back my server to vanilla in the meantime. Is there an Install guide for server-side? or am I just overthinking this?

Have you ever picked an online name and not considered how folks might abbreviate it? Then see it happen and go "Oh... oh dear." Yeah, this is one of those moments. :D

Yes, Clients AND Servers need the mod installed. DF is an overhaul mod with a lot of C# code changes, so it is required. It won't run like a modlet.

To install it, you would open your server folder so you see all the main files. So you should be looking at 4 folders (7DaystoDieServer_Data, Data, Licences, MonoBleedingEdge) and a ton of files.

Then open the mod zip file for the server. You MUST use the server build. You should see 3 folders in the zip file: 7DaystoDieServer_Data, Data, Mods.

Drag those 3 folders into the server folder you have open. When asked to overwrite, click yes.

DO NOT UNZIP THEM INTO ANY KIND OF SUB FOLDER! I see folks put them in a /Mods folder regularly and then wonder why it doesn't work. It's not a modlet. It won't work like that. ;)

Hey Khaine! First off, thanks for all the effort and hard work you put into this mod. In my opinion, you deserve to be put in the credits for the game for keeping it alive over all these iterations. I love the mod and think it's awesome.

Someone else in the thread mentioned that they were having trouble with installing DF, and I'm having the same problem. After transferring the vanilla 7 days folder, I try to pre-sync the mod to download it for the first time and the launcher seems to be stuck on "Performing Full clone." while the progress bar in the corner says refreshing mods for darkness falls. I even left my rig up overnight and when I came back, the log said clearing corrupted files and tried to download the mod again. So here's my actual question: I have downloaded the master zip file, and am wondering how to manually install the mod to a mod launcher-created 7 Days installation. Is it as simple as copying the zip's files to the Mod Launcher's DF installation folder, or is it more involved than that? I'm not familiar with whether the mod launcher does some black-magic trickery in its keeping files/saves/mods separated, and was hoping you could shed a little light on the situation.

Sorry for the large post, and thanks again for your time and patience.

Hey there,

Been playing this overhaul for a few months now. has been quite a learning curve, especially finding out how to mine for titanium in the wasteland with radiation, and not dying in the process...suffice it to say, I found the answer in the buffs.xml.

Anyways, the reason for this post is, I have just come across a constant console message which states:

"getposition

running on server

random poi near world pos not null"

This I assume is connected to a seasoned survivor 3rd quest in the chain, which tells me to retrieve the supplies at the position of "0,0".

I have tried removing said quest, and spawning a new seasoned survivor with no change.

I hope I am able to fix this, as I am too far in to restart.

Hi Khaine, thanks a lot for the great work you´ve done on this mod so far. Just wanted to let you know that 3 of my friends who play with me are having the same issue as mentioned above, they get stuck on the pre-sync phase with a never ending loading bar that is supposed to be cloning it. Re-installing everything does not work so i´m thinking it might be the launcher or the files, but hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Would like to take a quick pulse to see if our multiplayer server experience in DF is what is expected or if there is something abnormal happening.

Basically from the get-go we've been absolutely rofflstomped by the zombies. I read in an earlier post that night #1 is generally savage, which is fine, but every night since then has also been savage. Even the days are savage.

In general I like savage. This is the first overhaul we've played were we have felt challenged and I love it, but it's day 18 and we had something called a Demon Spider spawn and we threw everything we had at it (Sniper Rifles, Grenades, RPG, Pump Shotguns, harsh language) at it and we couldnt' break it's tank. It regenerated too fast.

I had to beat on it with a machete and lure it away from our base far enough that it would just de-spawn.

We've got the game difficulty set at '2'. Our player levels currently range from 20 to 40.

From the beginning we've had glowing ferals running in packs every night, some with 1,000hp.

We have what I thought was a pretty good base, started in square building POI that has 4 floors with the ground floor being 8 large pillings to support the upper levels with a melee column cage in the center. It's also got a roof top garden area. Anyway right away we filled the ground level with spikes in prep for the first bloodmoon. We had mainly bows and hunting knives with some light firearms support (blunderbuss, pistol). 4 or 5 of us on that night. TOTAL PARTY KILL! Glowing Ferals galore as well as multiple night stalkers. We just couldn't DPS them down fast enough. They moon walked over the spikes and then wrecking balled the melee cage on the ground floor in about 15 seconds. Respawning, hiding and and quietly sobbing seemed to help.

We refocused our efforts on the base for the 2nd blood night. Fully upgraded iron spikes, built a very steep upgraded concrete slope at the base, sniper rifles, shotguns, 9mm's, better melee weapons, and then we waited. We felt nervous but... you know... a little confident that we would represent, honor the names of our fathers before us. Literally 30 in-game minutes before Bloodmoon there was a microburst of feral zombies, like a scouting party for the hoard to come. At first they were bemused with the ramp, it was working. Then one block on the ramp failed and they opened our base like a can opener. They moved in. They drank our beer. They threw bricks through our new TV. They left the toilet seat up. After feeding the zombies (with ourselves) we fled, hopped on bicycles and went on a mad caper through the forest being chased by our house-guests. We went to ask the local trader for help. This, in hind site, was a poor choice for everyone involve as our house guests proceeded to remodel his base as well.

Is this just the way of things or have we done something wrong?

I'd also just like to restate that I really love this overhaul.

Hey Khaine! First off, thanks for all the effort and hard work you put into this mod. In my opinion, you deserve to be put in the credits for the game for keeping it alive over all these iterations. I love the mod and think it's awesome.

Someone else in the thread mentioned that they were having trouble with installing DF, and I'm having the same problem. After transferring the vanilla 7 days folder, I try to pre-sync the mod to download it for the first time and the launcher seems to be stuck on "Performing Full clone." while the progress bar in the corner says refreshing mods for darkness falls. I even left my rig up overnight and when I came back, the log said clearing corrupted files and tried to download the mod again. So here's my actual question: I have downloaded the master zip file, and am wondering how to manually install the mod to a mod launcher-created 7 Days installation. Is it as simple as copying the zip's files to the Mod Launcher's DF installation folder, or is it more involved than that? I'm not familiar with whether the mod launcher does some black-magic trickery in its keeping files/saves/mods separated, and was hoping you could shed a little light on the situation.

Sorry for the large post, and thanks again for your time and patience.

Sometimes the mod launcher doesn't seem to fully clone the mod, no idea why. I'm going to assume it's probably a gitlab issue, like too many folks issuing requests or not (which makes me sound stupidly egotistical) or just having issues connecting.

You should just be able to unzip the 3 folders in the zip to the 7DTD folder... and I see no reason why it SHOULDN'T work on the copy the launcher made.

Hey there,

Been playing this overhaul for a few months now. has been quite a learning curve, especially finding out how to mine for titanium in the wasteland with radiation, and not dying in the process...suffice it to say, I found the answer in the buffs.xml.

Anyways, the reason for this post is, I have just come across a constant console message which states:

"getposition

running on server

random poi near world pos not null"

This I assume is connected to a seasoned survivor 3rd quest in the chain, which tells me to retrieve the supplies at the position of "0,0".

I have tried removing said quest, and spawning a new seasoned survivor with no change.

I hope I am able to fix this, as I am too far in to restart.

Huh. I'll have to check that. It was working fine for me on my test server though.

Hi Khaine, thanks a lot for the great work you´ve done on this mod so far. Just wanted to let you know that 3 of my friends who play with me are having the same issue as mentioned above, they get stuck on the pre-sync phase with a never ending loading bar that is supposed to be cloning it. Re-installing everything does not work so i´m thinking it might be the launcher or the files, but hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Good chance the launcher is having difficulty downloading it for whatever reason. It's why I always recommend folks manually install instead.

Hello

Can anyone tell how to use the DF maps on a dedicated server? Asking for a friend who, to my understanding, couldn't figure how they are named as it wasn't similarly as in the game when picking a map for single player, or something.

If you look in serverconfig.xml, it tells you how to do it.

Would like to take a quick pulse to see if our multiplayer server experience in DF is what is expected or if there is something abnormal happening.

Basically from the get-go we've been absolutely rofflstomped by the zombies. I read in an earlier post that night #1 is generally savage, which is fine, but every night since then has also been savage. Even the days are savage.

In general I like savage. This is the first overhaul we've played were we have felt challenged and I love it, but it's day 18 and we had something called a Demon Spider spawn and we threw everything we had at it (Sniper Rifles, Grenades, RPG, Pump Shotguns, harsh language) at it and we couldnt' break it's tank. It regenerated too fast.

I had to beat on it with a machete and lure it away from our base far enough that it would just de-spawn.

We've got the game difficulty set at '2'. Our player levels currently range from 20 to 40.

From the beginning we've had glowing ferals running in packs every night, some with 1,000hp.

We have what I thought was a pretty good base, started in square building POI that has 4 floors with the ground floor being 8 large pillings to support the upper levels with a melee column cage in the center. It's also got a roof top garden area. Anyway right away we filled the ground level with spikes in prep for the first bloodmoon. We had mainly bows and hunting knives with some light firearms support (blunderbuss, pistol). 4 or 5 of us on that night. TOTAL PARTY KILL! Glowing Ferals galore as well as multiple night stalkers. We just couldn't DPS them down fast enough. They moon walked over the spikes and then wrecking balled the melee cage on the ground floor in about 15 seconds. Respawning, hiding and and quietly sobbing seemed to help.

We refocused our efforts on the base for the 2nd blood night. Fully upgraded iron spikes, built a very steep upgraded concrete slope at the base, sniper rifles, shotguns, 9mm's, better melee weapons, and then we waited. We felt nervous but... you know... a little confident that we would represent, honor the names of our fathers before us. Literally 30 in-game minutes before Bloodmoon there was a microburst of feral zombies, like a scouting party for the hoard to come. At first they were bemused with the ramp, it was working. Then one block on the ramp failed and they opened our base like a can opener. They moved in. They drank our beer. They threw bricks through our new TV. They left the toilet seat up. After feeding the zombies (with ourselves) we fled, hopped on bicycles and went on a mad caper through the forest being chased by our house-guests. We went to ask the local trader for help. This, in hind site, was a poor choice for everyone involve as our house guests proceeded to remodel his base as well.

Is this just the way of things or have we done something wrong?

I'd also just like to restate that I really love this overhaul.

The more of you there are in a party, the tougher the zombies will be. It's like that in vanilla too, it's just... worse here.

Sounds like you had a wandering horde hit right before the bloodmoon, which can totally happen. I'm actually working on a patch atm that should hopefully reduce the chances of that happening.