Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Second: What are possible mods for junk turrent? I have them already on 71 lvl, but i dont know exacly what mods go well with them

Is there any xml that shows this mods?

You can put a lot of them in the turrts.

I use this combination.

Full auto mod, Extended magazine, Extended barrel, Rad remover, Crip'em alll and blessed metal. To fulfill the 7 max slot a grip, I don't shoot the turret from hip but increase damage and that is always good ;-)

If you don't go to wasteland can change the blessed metal with one that is make with batteries that electrocute zeds or another that freezes then.

The one that electrocute is pretty good, is like the zed touches a electric fence.

Edited by RBN (see edit history)

F6 menu, make sure "From static spawner" is checked.

Also, just letting folks know, apparently there's an issue with the experimental version and servers. Going to look into that today.

Ahhhh "from static". I know now why they disappeared

Very thanks.

And remember:

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

Pushed a temp fix for the experimental/A18.4 version to fix the NRE with servers.

Because I was messing with SphereII's code to fix it, there might be unintended side effects. Please bear that in mind. It DOES fix the issue though. :)

Might this be related ?

DMT Scripts Detected.

Downloading DMT...

SDX Downloaded. Checking SDX Dependencies.

Starting SDX Launcher: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7DaystoDieMods\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\DF_Experimental\SDXRepos\DMTViewer.exe /Silent /ScriptOnly /GameFolder ../ /ModFolder ../Mods /EnableAllMods

0|Parsing arguments

0|Build error: Name cannot begin with the '<' character, hexadecimal value 0x3C. Line 7, position 2.

SDX Exit Code: -99

Error Compiling SDX:

Good afternoon, all.

I'm just getting into Darkness Falls for the first time, and I had some questions about world generation. Prior to playing DF, I was playing vanilla with the POI CompoPack, using NitroGen to generate my worlds.

Is it recommended to play Darkness Falls on the pre-generated worlds that comes with it, or does it work perfectly fine using RWG?

If RWG is functional, is DF 2.5 compatible with the CompoPack?

Thank you in advance for any assistance. I tried going through the thread to find similar questions but I had no success.

Evening, all.

I'm relatively new to 7D2D and am just starting DF for the first time, and had a question. Is it recommended that you use the pregenned worlds, or can you safely RWG a world without missing necessary POIs and biomes?

I'm trying to find a way to NitroGen a world, but I'm starting to realize that may be more trouble than it's worth, considering the prefablists haven't been updated in months.

Evening, all.

I'm relatively new to 7D2D and am just starting DF for the first time, and had a question. Is it recommended that you use the pregenned worlds, or can you safely RWG a world without missing necessary POIs and biomes?

I'm trying to find a way to NitroGen a world, but I'm starting to realize that may be more trouble than it's worth, considering the prefablists haven't been updated in months.

I started a new game with NitroGen yesterday, and found my traders were protected without guards. So it seems that NitroGen might need an update. I did not continue to see if everything else worked though. Should probably do that, but if you don't have the time to actually test it, it would be safer to just use one of the many pregen DF maps available.

Especially since the guards are pretty useless now. Found more zombies inside the whiteriver trader, than outside, on the new game I started. Guards keep shooting in to the blocks in front of them, missing the zombies. So they just break through and walk around inside until they finally walk in to a rare line of sight of one of the guards.

Edited by Marinxar (see edit history)

Good afternoon, all.

I'm just getting into Darkness Falls for the first time, and I had some questions about world generation. Prior to playing DF, I was playing vanilla with the POI CompoPack, using NitroGen to generate my worlds.

Is it recommended to play Darkness Falls on the pre-generated worlds that comes with it, or does it work perfectly fine using RWG?

If RWG is functional, is DF 2.5 compatible with the CompoPack?

Thank you in advance for any assistance. I tried going through the thread to find similar questions but I had no success.

Compo pack is already included in DF, and edited so the POI's are more balanced than they are in the base pack (and also tried to fix some of the bugs with quest markers appearing underground)

RWG works on 8k. I've heard some folks say it works on 6k. Anything else causes a crash.

can't start the game anymore. fresh install, just this mod(downloaded now). i got black screen only with cursor. :(

https://justpaste.it/4p0ti

Sounds like you have EAC on. You need to turn it off.

im on pingperfect do i just clic instal on the site or i need to instal something else and did all my friend need to donwload them too

This is an overhaul mod. You can't just put it on a server. EVERYONE needs it installed locally.

So does the new version replace the existing one in the Mod Launcher as 'Darkness Falls'?

Yep.

I started a new game with NitroGen yesterday, and found my traders were protected without guards. So it seems that NitroGen might need an update. I did not continue to see if everything else worked though. Should probably do that, but if you don't have the time to actually test it, it would be safer to just use one of the many pregen DF maps available.

Especially since the guards are pretty useless now. Found more zombies inside the whiteriver trader, than outside, on the new game I started. Guards keep shooting in to the blocks in front of them, missing the zombies. So they just break through and walk around inside until they finally walk in to a rare line of sight of one of the guards.

No zombies on the trader isn't a nitrogen issue. It sounds like you've somehow got the vanilla prefab. Guards are blocks that are saved to the prefab file.

Traders full of zombies are actually their own POI's called DFalls_DestroyedTrader

Traders full of zombies are actually their own POI's called DFalls_DestroyedTrader

No this was the actual mission trader ( One you have to go to once you fit your backpack. ) , with active guards and working trader. Had to kill zombies inside while the guards was shooting at them but just hitting blocks, or who knows what, and had some busy breaking down the wall. Playing on Dfalls-small3 pregen map. The normal trader without guards etc, was on the NitroGen map.

Edited by Marinxar (see edit history)

Hey Khaine, I was wondering if I could somehow add back "knock down nearby zombies" with sledgehammer power attacks. I was relying lot on that perk?

And I found that auger has missing Block damage bonus from installed mods:

<passive_effect name="ModPowerBonus" operation="perc_add" value=".1" tags="EntityDamage"/>

Shouldn't it be:

<passive_effect name="ModPowerBonus" operation="perc_add" value=".1" tags="EntityDamage,BlockDamage"/>

Or is that done on purpose?

Love DF generally, it prolonged 7DTD life for me, great work!!

Do you use Compopack and it's prefablist for Nitrogen combined with the DF one? Compopacks Nitrogen prefablist above version 39 includes entries for custom town sizes as well as custom sizes for settlements and outbacks. Those entries will break the traders the way it happened for you. I had the same issue and fixed it by using the prefablist from Compopack 39 and adding new prefabs from Compopack 40+ and DF manually.

Hey Khaine, I was wondering if I could somehow add back "knock down nearby zombies" with sledgehammer power attacks. I was relying lot on that perk?

And I found that auger has missing Block damage bonus from installed mods:

<passive_effect name="ModPowerBonus" operation="perc_add" value=".1" tags="EntityDamage"/>

Shouldn't it be:

<passive_effect name="ModPowerBonus" operation="perc_add" value=".1" tags="EntityDamage,BlockDamage"/>

Or is that done on purpose?

Love DF generally, it prolonged 7DTD life for me, great work!!

Pretty sure that perk is already in the mod. I just got rid of the 3-level perks and combined them into the 5 level perks. Also, if you read the patch notes, ALL players get a knockdown on power attacks with ALL weapons. Your action skill just makes it better (sledgehammer has the best chance)

And yes, that was removed on purpose because it was causing players to LOSE XP.

Wont Run or stay running

i have had a problem with the new version of the mod for A18.3 i uninstalled it 4 times deleted it 4 times and it just crashes to desktop, then i downloaded the mod and manually installed it and the actual install stopped and said out of room, after a while i got it installed and it worked for 5 minutes before getting the "out of memory" error so i gave up, maybe someone here can help me!.

Hi Khaine,

when i play the latest stable version for 18.3 and use the blood draw kit, the buff buffBloodDrawKit01name to buffBloodDrawKit04name together with buffBloodDrawKit01Desc to buffBloodDrawKit04Desc is missing from the localization folder, this makes the buff display as raw text in the Status Effects tab. Fix?

Hello,

Two questions, So if im using nitrogen to RWG maps with Darkness Falls v2.5 for alpha 18.4, I've read on this thread that the mod already uses compo pack so could I get away with using this darknessfalls prefab list https://github.com/NickPhaedra/7-Days-to-Die-NitroGen-Prefab-Lists/ ? I dont remember seeing on anything on recent changelogs if there were new POIs added but I could be mistaken and that list is a prefab list for Darkness Falls v2.3.

Second Question: Since uranium and plutonium were just made to be in the now radiated wastelands for the new version of mod, I no longer have to use the option on Nitrogen to generate dfalls specific zones anymore right?

Guest belowzeros

Hi Khaine,

is there a recommended small map for solo players? I've been playing for a while on medium but I think I am going to move down to small.

Hi Khaine,

when i play the latest stable version for 18.3 and use the blood draw kit, the buff buffBloodDrawKit01name to buffBloodDrawKit04name together with buffBloodDrawKit01Desc to buffBloodDrawKit04Desc is missing from the localization folder, this makes the buff display as raw text in the Status Effects tab. Fix?

Did this last night, but haven't tested yet. Basically did it quick before I went to bed.

Hello,

Two questions, So if im using nitrogen to RWG maps with Darkness Falls v2.5 for alpha 18.4, I've read on this thread that the mod already uses compo pack so could I get away with using this darknessfalls prefab list https://github.com/NickPhaedra/7-Days-to-Die-NitroGen-Prefab-Lists/ ? I dont remember seeing on anything on recent changelogs if there were new POIs added but I could be mistaken and that list is a prefab list for Darkness Falls v2.3.

Second Question: Since uranium and plutonium were just made to be in the now radiated wastelands for the new version of mod, I no longer have to use the option on Nitrogen to generate dfalls specific zones anymore right?

This is the prefablist I was using for nitrogen to test.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/414452645521260546/671913804535300115/prefablist.txt

The DF specific option is no longer needed. :)

even if i have the game and mod installed on a separate drive it will give me the error? i downloaded a program to show my memory usage and when DF is loading it caps my memory at 16000mb so i dont think its my computer its the mod needing so much memory

Yes, it could still give you the error. DF and a medium map uses about 13-14GB of my 32GB, and 7DTD will crash with an "out of memory" error once it hits 8GB if you don't have enough virtual memory. It even does that on vanilla though you are MUCH less likely to see it.

Hi Khaine,

is there a recommended small map for solo players? I've been playing for a while on medium but I think I am going to move down to small.

I like small 2 and 3. I also edited nav to have DF POI's so i'm thinking of playing that for a solo run soon.

Guest belowzeros
Yes, it could still give you the error. DF and a medium map uses about 13-14GB of my 32GB, and 7DTD will crash with an "out of memory" error once it hits 8GB if you don't have enough virtual memory. It even does that on vanilla though you are MUCH less likely to see it.

modded 7D2D is a beast. I had to increase my pagefile to 40gb to give it some cushion and it usually sits around 30-32gb of pagefile. I do have some things open in the background while I play though.

I like small 2 and 3. I also edited nav to have DF POI's so i'm thinking of playing that for a solo run soon.

thanks, I think I'll give small3 a go. Nav in the current 2.5 stable is the edited one or in exp?