Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Scavenging skill is buggy for me and I think mining skill is, too.

I can't level up scavenging by looting even after breaking up cars and putting my own skillpoints in. My mining skill seems to be going up slower than it should, my brother is almost the same level (44, im 48) even though he hasn't been mining or chopping trees at all. Some digging for the farm and breaking down some doors, thats it. I was moving down forests and digging massive holes, making whole buildings to fall.

Since there is no command to level up a certain skill or give skill points do you have any idea what I could do except filling another chest with engines and batteries?

Since rolling to the newest version, I've been getting more game crashes. Next time it happens I'll pull a log and share, but thought I would put that out there.

---Update---

Log from the last crash. Looks like there are some allocation issues, but I don't know if that is the cause.

https://pastebin.com/DrHp4QYE

ooooh. There's multiple things going on here. Ok, so this one...

Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

I'm still not sure what that's from, but it always seems to be worse around electric poles/electric wires.

Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak

(Filename:  Line: 372)

To Debug, enable the define: TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations

This looks like the game just cleaning up memory leaks.

The last stuff is all related to nVidia PhyisX.... which I didn't even know the game USED. So I'd maybe consider reinstalling your GPU drivers.

so i have been working on get in mod into my server, played one time normally, but i always have a 7d2d server running, so stupid not to use it when i am paying for it:-)

i have a server with spillvert.no and yes its in Norway, the reason for choosing this server provider, is lesser ping when living in Norway. i have wiped the server twice one time installing the mod my self and the second time i got the nice folks working at spillvert to do it for me, the thing is something still seems wrong.

we only start with one book, is this part of the new update?

second and more worrying is that the traders do not seem to have any guards, the captain is there but no other guards.

have we installed the mod wrong or are these things part of the last update?

tried starting a singleplayer game, got 2 books and there was guards at the trader.

are we missing the updates?

the mod is downloaded from the front page here.

if it is because we are missing the updates and we only can do it from GitHub, then how do i get them on to the server?

The 2 things you mentioned are intended on servers.

The mod only used to give folks 1 class book, no matter which version you played. SP users said they felt the game was too MP focused because of the classes, so I gave the SP version of the game 2 class books while servers remained getting only 1.

The guards have been disabled on servers because it keeps spamming something about Layer 1. I still have no idea what it is, or why it's doing it, but it was causing server lag and making the output_log file quickly grow to 1GB in size. That's why they've been turned off.

Doesn't happen on single player though, which confuses me.

Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

I'm still not sure what that's from, but it always seems to be worse around electric poles/electric wires.

Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak

To Debug, enable the define: TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations

The last stuff is all related to nVidia PhyisX.... which I didn't even know the game USED. So I'd maybe consider reinstalling your GPU drivers.

The 2 things you mentioned are intended on servers.

The mod only used to give folks 1 class book, no matter which version you played. SP users said they felt the game was too MP focused because of the classes, so I gave the SP version of the game 2 class books while servers remained getting only 1.

The guards have been disabled on servers because it keeps spamming something about Layer 1. I still have no idea what it is, or why it's doing it, but it was causing server lag and making the output_log file quickly grow to 1GB in size. That's why they've been turned off.

Doesn't happen on single player though, which confuses me.

ok then we will just play without the server for the time being, the one book we could live with(we are just 2 players.) but the zombies got trough the fence at the traders in 2 places when i finished my beginner quest, so think it will be a lot more difficult to make sure the traders stay put. we do not mind playing on pc server, just keep up the good work we still think this mod is awesome ;-)

That is definitely occurring around the electrical wires, so I'm glad to know that is what that is. That one pops up a lot, so good to know what I'm seeing. It also occurs occasionally around painted surfaces,

That was my guess, too. Looked like cpp doing its thing.

I will give that a go. GeForce has been yelling at me to update anyway. I've been ignoring it. And surprise, the game is sneaky like that. Not sure it will help you any, knowing, but now you know. Thanks, Khaine! I'll let you know how that goes.

---Update---

Three hours, no crash. Good call, Khaine!

Edited by Lewd (see edit history)

How do I craft quests? I have the quill, inkx2 and paper (forget how much was needed, but I put a stack lol) in my inventory, and there is no create option. I also tried in the workbench and writing desk. Am I overlooking something obvious or are these recipes not working right now?

How do I craft quests? I have the quill, inkx2 and paper (forget how much was needed, but I put a stack lol) in my inventory, and there is no create option. I also tried in the workbench and writing desk. Am I overlooking something obvious or are these recipes not working right now?

Quests are made in the radio.

Basically think of it as you tuning in to radio broadcasts and writing down crap that people need help with. :)

Scavenging skill is buggy for me.

I can't level up scavenging by looting even after breaking up cars and putting my own skillpoints in.

Since there is no command to level up a certain skill or give skill points do you have any idea what I could do except filling another chest with engines and batteries?

Nothing I can do about this? My brother is hosting locally and I use direct connect and his local IP.

Quests are made in the radio.

Basically think of it as you tuning in to radio broadcasts and writing down crap that people need help with. :)

Oh, that is very cool, thanks!

Had another question...about where to find titanium. I read that it is badlands (that's the rubble looking biome correct), do we just need to keep digging (we dug some, but weren't sure we were in the right place)? Is there a landmark (like the ore mounds/sand in other biomes, I did a quick look in the badlands but I was in a tiny patch in a town and there wasn't anything obvious) we should look for, to start digging at?

Nothing I can do about this? My brother is hosting locally and I use direct connect and his local IP.

As mentioned in my reply, grab a wrench and go wrench something. It seems to be working for everyone else.

I don't get your comment about it not levelling up after putting more skill points into it. You are aware all it does is block damage, loot time and increases the loot gamestage, right? It doesn't give more resources.

Oh, that is very cool, thanks!

Had another question...about where to find titanium. I read that it is badlands (that's the rubble looking biome correct), do we just need to keep digging (we dug some, but weren't sure we were in the right place)? Is there a landmark (like the ore mounds/sand in other biomes, I did a quick look in the badlands but I was in a tiny patch in a town and there wasn't anything obvious) we should look for, to start digging at?

Looks like coal since we're limited on what we can do with textures. I may look at trying to change this if possible. But it's underground in all biomes.

Is there anyway to get Solar banks? I have a few solar cells gathered now and haven't found a bank anywhere or at any trader for weeks

Trader Caitlin only, and secret stash.

I found a locked military scout car sitting on the road. I can't seem to do anything with it. Is it usable? How do you unlock it?

Also I read something in this thread about an update to this mod getting rid of corpse blocks (whatever a dead zombie turns into) because they mess up the block. Has that happened yet? I still have corpse blocks messing things up. If the mod is patched do I lose my progress and have to start over?

EDIT: I might have found the answer. Does Yeah, Science level 2 include steel arrows? It grants "advanced bolts and arrows." That seems right?

-----------------

I made some steel arrowheads so I could craft some steel arrows but the craft button was grayed out and I got the message that I don't know the required recipe. I looked through all of the perks and was unable to find reference to steel arrow crafting. Does anybody know what perk grants that ability?

@Akrux: I don't know all the answers to your questions, but the mod has been patched and gore blocks have been removed. If you still see gore block, it is because you are not running the latest version of the mod.

Edited by fullerre (see edit history)