Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

So... 2.1 is going to be delayed.

I realised I HATE the A17 progression system. Absolutely hate it.

So I downloaded A16 and I'm converting that over as a base to start with, then adding in A17 perks that I like, mod specific stuff, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing this in logs over and over,

BlockSpawnEntity:: Spawn New Trader.

17.2 no modlets and running cpm, and my mod for server side

That's the vanilla trader spawning block I think.

Which means either people are moving traders around... which I do NOT recommend because the block constantly spawns traders, or something else is messing with it.

Yea we understand the experimental just trying to report bugs as we find them and fixes if the exist.

StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.

at MinEffectGroup.ModifyValue (.EntityAlive _self, PassiveEffects _effect, System.Single& _base_value, System.Single& _perc_value, Single level, FastTags _tags, Int32 _multiplier) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MinEffectController.ModifyValue (.EntityAlive _self, PassiveEffects _effect, System.Single& _base_value, System.Single& _perc_value, Single _level, FastTags _tags, Int32 multiplier) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BuffClass.ModifyValue (.EntityAlive _self, PassiveEffects _effect, .BuffValue _bv, System.Single& _base_value, System.Single& _perc_value, FastTags _tags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityBuffs.ModifyValue (PassiveEffects _effect, System.Single& _value, System.Single& _perc_val, FastTags _tags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EffectManager.GetValue (PassiveEffects _passiveEffect, .ItemValue _originalItemValue, Single _originalValue, .EntityAlive _entity, .Recipe _recipe, FastTags tags, Boolean calcEquipment, Boolean calcHoldingItem, Boolean calcProgression, Boolean calcBuffs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProgressionClass.GetCalculatedLevel (.EntityAlive _ea, .ProgressionValue _pv) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProgressionLevel.IsValid (MinEventParams _params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

So... 2.1 is going to be delayed.

I realised I HATE the A17 progression system. Absolutely hate it.

So I downloaded A16 and I'm converting that over as a base to start with, then adding in A17 perks that I like, mod specific stuff, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the vanilla trader spawning block I think.

Which means either people are moving traders around... which I do NOT recommend because the block constantly spawns traders, or something else is messing with it.

You're not using the one shot trader spawn? Want it, if you don't already have it?

Yea we understand the experimental just trying to report bugs as we find them and fixes if the exist.

StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.

at MinEffectGroup.ModifyValue (.EntityAlive _self, PassiveEffects _effect, System.Single& _base_value, System.Single& _perc_value, Single level, FastTags _tags, Int32 _multiplier) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MinEffectController.ModifyValue (.EntityAlive _self, PassiveEffects _effect, System.Single& _base_value, System.Single& _perc_value, Single _level, FastTags _tags, Int32 multiplier) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BuffClass.ModifyValue (.EntityAlive _self, PassiveEffects _effect, .BuffValue _bv, System.Single& _base_value, System.Single& _perc_value, FastTags _tags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityBuffs.ModifyValue (PassiveEffects _effect, System.Single& _value, System.Single& _perc_val, FastTags _tags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EffectManager.GetValue (PassiveEffects _passiveEffect, .ItemValue _originalItemValue, Single _originalValue, .EntityAlive _entity, .Recipe _recipe, FastTags tags, Boolean calcEquipment, Boolean calcHoldingItem, Boolean calcProgression, Boolean calcBuffs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProgressionClass.GetCalculatedLevel (.EntityAlive _ea, .ProgressionValue _pv) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProgressionLevel.IsValid (MinEventParams _params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

90% sure that's the armor skill...

And pretty sure it's because it was accessing an incorrect cvar.

EDIT: Fixed the errant cvar and pushed to gitlab. No idea if it will fix it, but I'm basically re-writing the progression file anyways... soooooo... :D

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Hi Khaine,

You know I'm a fan so please don't take this as a complaint. I just want to mention that we seem to be having a lot of issues with blocks turned around on the Magoli Compo Prefab packs,) I didn't load it separately I loaded your Mod clean). Its not usually a huge issue except quite often it's the book cases and we all know how important books are in your Mod.

Thanks for all your work!

That's probably why then.

Not much I can do about that because the spawn trader block is a vanilla function.

However I'm absolutely be going to recommend folks use the maps I'm including from now on, just because I'm having so many problems with getting the RWG to do what I want regarding POI and biome distribution.

I honestly wish they'd just put the A16 one back for now.

Unsure what is happening

I have a few questions, if anyone can help:

1) I have laborer class and level 3 in Hammer and Forge, which "at a workbench you can craft iron armor and a crucible" - though my crucible recipe is unknown currently. This is stopping me from making forged steel. I am unsure what I am missing, or what else needs done before I can make forged steel. Is there a level requirement to make forged steel? I can make the workbench just fine. I have resorted to tearing apart power lines.

1.a) Crucible also requires a "welding tool" which I have looted for weeks and never seen. Is this a looted item, is it included with something, or something else? I am not sure what I am missing on this one as well. EDIT - I have seen in this forum that the torch is just rare. I will keep looking.

2) Is the only way to get "bundle of skill notes" to salvage mod schematics? To get the required 120 (60 @ station) at only 3 a pop seems like it would take ages to get a new class skill. I am ok with the grind, I just want to make sure I am not overlooking other ways.

1) I have laborer class and level 3 in Hammer and Forge, which "at a workbench you can craft iron armor and a crucible" - though my crucible recipe is unknown currently. This is stopping me from making forged steel. I am unsure what I am missing, or what else needs done before I can make forged steel. Is there a level requirement to make forged steel? I can make the workbench just fine. I have resorted to tearing apart power lines.

1.a) Crucible also requires a "welding tool" which I have looted for weeks and never seen. Is this a looted item, is it included with something, or something else? I am not sure what I am missing on this one as well. EDIT - I have seen in this forum that the torch is just rare. I will keep looking.

2) Is the only way to get "bundle of skill notes" to salvage mod schematics? To get the required 120 (60 @ station) at only 3 a pop seems like it would take ages to get a new class skill. I am ok with the grind, I just want to make sure I am not overlooking other ways.

I have found at least 8 welding torches, it's not that rare. . As for the skill notes you can salvage schematics and books and I've been able to make two class books so far and have only been playing about 10 days I guess.

1) Localization error. Crucible is level 4, which you need to have completed your class quest for and be player level 30.

2) Scrap recipes and books you don't need.

I've run into a problem today. When I continue my game, I get red exceptions while loading that state "Loading and parsing 'biomes.xml' failed" and "Block with name 'DFterrRadiated' not found." The loading continues but then I get a whole screen of yellow exceptions telling me that Biome image contains unknown biome color RGBA(#,#,#,#) at x/y.

If the game I'm loading is the first one I've continued since launching the mod, I then complete the loading and can carry on as usual. If I have left a different savegame and try to load a 2nd savegame without relaunching, the yellow exceptions loop infinitely and I have to altF4.

Additionally, once I successfully load (after receiving the exceptions listed above), my regular playing partner receives the same red exception while loading and then freezes completely.

I looked at the biomes.xml file and found references to DMterrRadiated, but I don't know what to do with them and am afraid to tinker too much.

Does anybody know what's up or how to fix this?

My 17.1 world that I updated to 17.2 has a few glitches... Not too many (floating trees, POI's spawning on top of each other, quest markers to nowhere), but enough that I'm thinking it's time for a new world. But, I'd like to wait for a big mod update to do it. I'm especially looking forward to the new biome you teased. How far off do you think that update is? If it's not too far, I'll just mess around in my existing world and wait for it.

My 17.1 world that I updated to 17.2 has a few glitches... Not too many (floating trees, POI's spawning on top of each other, quest markers to nowhere), but enough that I'm thinking it's time for a new world. But, I'd like to wait for a big mod update to do it. I'm especially looking forward to the new biome you teased. How far off do you think that update is? If it's not too far, I'll just mess around in my existing world and wait for it.

Legend just an FYI in case you aren't aware but there are 3 Darkness Falls Seeds you can play right now. There are two small seeds and one medium seed. Start a new game, select the seed you want to play, name it and you're all set.

406865494_7DaysToDie3_13_201910_25_03PM(2).jpg.d007a74759f112c47f112a83abfc9af7.jpg

376560469_7DaysToDie3_13_201910_26_06PM(2).jpg.64628cc59fffb6f22c0cc84b6687f4f5.jpg

1454137979_7DaysToDie3_13_201910_24_51PM(2).jpg.0a544e66077f8be9ab39f5e0fbdecbf6.jpg

the max amount of materials in advanced forge is 29999 how can i change this?

You don't. The game has a max stack limit before it starts to do strange things. 30k is the accepted safe maximum, 50k is the absolute maximum. Anything over 30k can cause issues.

However if you want to risk breaking it, you need to find unit_iron in items.xml and increase the number there. Most of the others extend from that, so changing that one should fix the rest. Absolutely NOT recommended though.

I'm hoping 2 weeks max. I would like 2.1 to be out by the end of the month. :)

You're welcome to try the experimental though. Going by tester feedback so far, I don't expect many game-breaking changes at this point.

I'm hoping 2 weeks max. I would like 2.1 to be out by the end of the month. :)

You're welcome to try the experimental though. Going by tester feedback so far, I don't expect many game-breaking changes at this point.

I might just do that. Are the new biomes in the experimental branch?

Also, would I have to restart to take my world to stable? (It's been a while since I've played in an experimental branch.)

Is the only way to get "bundle of skill notes" to salvage mod schematics? To get the required 120 (60 @ station) at only 3 a pop seems like it would take ages to get a new class skill. I am ok with the grind, I just want to make sure I am not overlooking other ways.

These insane requeriments are ruining the fun for me. The grind to get new class books is obnoxious. Day 26 and still didn't craft one.

To the modder: change this, the unlock of new classes is one of the major features of the mod and is behind an annoying grind.

These insane requeriments are ruining the fun for me. The grind to get new class books is obnoxious. Day 26 and still didn't craft one.

To the modder: change this, the unlock of new classes is one of the major features of the mod and is behind an annoying grind.

I'd recommend hitting bookstores. By day 20, I'd made two additional class books.